Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 am

Ray Rider wrote:Actually, that's common of any poster in the forum--to not ask for sources about a post you agree with, but demand sources for info in a post you disagree with. That doesn't make anyone a troll. In that case, BBS calling you a troll seems uncalled-for, however, since you were making positive contributions to the thread. You seem to think it perfectly appropriate to fire the ad-hominem attacks right back though, so now you're both at the same level.

Yeah, but at this point they aren't ad-hominem at all but are pretty much straight insults designed to look like accidental ad-hominems. tgd insulted my sacred honor by calling me a coward, so what else could I do? People here respect him so I could not simply ignore him without the label sticking.

thegreekdog wrote:I lied? Neoteny doesn't think I lied.*

You said that I always cowardly refuse to respond to bbs' posts attacking mine while you also know that I cannot see his posts. You're a liar.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:Actually, that's common of any poster in the forum--to not ask for sources about a post you agree with, but demand sources for info in a post you disagree with. That doesn't make anyone a troll. In that case, BBS calling you a troll seems uncalled-for, however, since you were making positive contributions to the thread. You seem to think it perfectly appropriate to fire the ad-hominem attacks right back though, so now you're both at the same level.

Yeah, but at this point they aren't ad-hominem at all but are pretty much straight insults designed to look like accidental ad-hominems. tgd insulted my sacred honor by calling me a coward, so what else could I do? People here respect him so I could not simply ignore him without the label sticking.

You said that I always cowardly refuse to respond to bbs' posts attacking mine while you also know that I cannot see his posts. You're a liar.

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:

Well, let's parse this out, shall we. I never said you refused to respond to BBS's posts attacking yours. I said you responded (which is the opposite of "refuse to respond"), generally, with ad hominems. I never called you cowardly. I didn't label you at all. I did not know you had him on foe. I don't keep track of who anyone has on foe.

So what now?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:

Well, let's parse this out, shall we. I never said you refused to respond to BBS's posts attacking yours. I said you responded (which is the opposite of "refuse to respond"), generally, with ad hominems. I never called you cowardly. I didn't label you at all. I did not know you had him on foe. I don't keep track of who anyone has on foe.

So what now?

What now is, you two are sounding like Congress and Senate :lol:
aka Repubs vs Dems aka Hatfields vs. McCoys (I think repubs are hatfields?)
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Yes you did, page 32.

Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:At the risk of being accused of bias (although, really, I don't always agree with BBS), the history of BBS vs. Symmetry or BBS vs. JB goes something like this:

Step One: JB/Symmetry make a point.
Step Two: BBS attempts to refute.
Step Three: JB/Symmetry do not adequately refute BBS's refutation.
Step Four: BBS notes the inadequacy.
Step Five: JB/Symmetry accuse BBS of being... whatever... ad hominem attacks usually.

When BBS gets into discussions with others (say, for example, Neoteny or Haggis), this process does not happen.
Therefore, it's not BBS that's "an anything goes poster of late." If that was the case, there would be any number of forum regulars who we could sub in for JB or Symmetry. Perhaps it's you who is doing something wrong (I would say Step Five).

This is retarded. How insulting is this to me? YOU ALREADY KNOW and I HAVE ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD: I HAVE BBS ON FOE SO I CAN'T SEE HIS POSTS.

HOW THE f*ck DO I "INADEQUATELY REFUTE" SOME SHIT I CAN'T EVEN READ? That makes your whole post an outright lie. Take it back

Obviously the reason Sym and I are in a whole other category is because we're the only one's who fricking think before we post. Jesus.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=177067
Page 2 you immediately posted after I said that I had BBS on foe. You were making fun of my post. And there are other threads that you've posted in where I said I had BBS on foe. Certainly you participated in the discussion when I foed him.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Hypocrite GOP Congressman runs as anti-abortion, but wife had two abortions

I don't think that this is hypocritical, if he now thinks his past actions were wrong. But he hasn't said as much yet.

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Yes you did, page 32.

Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:At the risk of being accused of bias (although, really, I don't always agree with BBS), the history of BBS vs. Symmetry or BBS vs. JB goes something like this:

Step One: JB/Symmetry make a point.
Step Two: BBS attempts to refute.
Step Three: JB/Symmetry do not adequately refute BBS's refutation.
Step Four: BBS notes the inadequacy.
Step Five: JB/Symmetry accuse BBS of being... whatever... ad hominem attacks usually.

When BBS gets into discussions with others (say, for example, Neoteny or Haggis), this process does not happen.
Therefore, it's not BBS that's "an anything goes poster of late." If that was the case, there would be any number of forum regulars who we could sub in for JB or Symmetry. Perhaps it's you who is doing something wrong (I would say Step Five).

This is retarded. How insulting is this to me? YOU ALREADY KNOW and I HAVE ALREADY SAID IN THIS THREAD: I HAVE BBS ON FOE SO I CAN'T SEE HIS POSTS.

HOW THE f*ck DO I "INADEQUATELY REFUTE" SOME SHIT I CAN'T EVEN READ? That makes your whole post an outright lie. Take it back

Obviously the reason Sym and I are in a whole other category is because we're the only one's who fricking think before we post. Jesus.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=177067
Page 2 you immediately posted after I said that I had BBS on foe. You were making fun of my post. And there are other threads that you've posted in where I said I had BBS on foe. Certainly you participated in the discussion when I foed him.

Perhaps if you could only read...

JB accusation: "You (TGD) said that I always cowardly refuse to respond to bbs' posts attacking mine while you (TGD) know that I cannot see his posts."

TGD response: "I never said you refused to respond to BBS's posts attacking yours. I said you responded (which is the opposite of "refuse to respond"), generally, with ad hominems. I never called you cowardly."

JB response #1: "[Y]ou immediately posted after I said that I had BBS on foe." The implication being that TGD knew that JB had BBS on foe.

TGD response to #1: I can only tell you that I didn't know that you had BBS on foe. Why would I lie about that? What have I possibly got to gain?

Apparently you've dropped the thought that I said you cowardly refuse to respond to BBS's posts.

In sum, you're going to lose this argument (unless you resort to ad hominems, and then you can parachute your way out again).

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:21 am

The Tea Party is racist against white men.

The 2010 elections saw Republican Nikki Haley win the governorship in South Carolina. She is the first woman ever elected to statewide office in South Carolina from either party and the first Indian-American to become governor. Republican Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico, because the nation's first female Hispanic governor from either party and Republican Brian Sandoval became Nevada's first Hispanic governor ever.

In the 2010 Congressional elections, Republican Allen West became the first African-American Republican elected in Florida since a freed slave served two terms in the 1870s. Republican Tim Scott defeated Strom Thurmond's son (Strom Thurmond was a massive, proven racist) to become the first African-Americna elected from either party in South Carolina since Reconstruction. Republicans Bill Flores, Francisco Canseco, and Jaime Herrera (the first Latino ever elected to Congress from Washington state) were elected in 2010. And in the senate, Cuban-American Marco Rubio won.

In 2012, Tim Scott was named to a South Carolina senate seat.

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:25 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Hypocrite GOP Congressman runs as anti-abortion, but wife had two abortions

I don't think that this is hypocritical, if he now thinks his past actions were wrong. But he hasn't said as much yet.

Excuse me, but it wasn't the man who had the abortion, was it? It's the woman's choice and should remain that way.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby spurgistan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

thegreekdog wrote:The Tea Party is racist against white men.

The 2010 elections saw Republican Nikki Haley win the governorship in South Carolina. She is the first woman ever elected to statewide office in South Carolina from either party and the first Indian-American to become governor. Republican Susana Martinez, governor of New Mexico, because the nation's first female Hispanic governor from either party and Republican Brian Sandoval became Nevada's first Hispanic governor ever.

In the 2010 Congressional elections, Republican Allen West became the first African-American Republican elected in Florida since a freed slave served two terms in the 1870s. Republican Tim Scott defeated Strom Thurmond's son (Strom Thurmond was a massive, proven racist) to become the first African-Americna elected from either party in South Carolina since Reconstruction. Republicans Bill Flores, Francisco Canseco, and Jaime Herrera (the first Latino ever elected to Congress from Washington state) were elected in 2010. And in the senate, Cuban-American Marco Rubio won.

In 2012, Tim Scott was named to a South Carolina senate seat.

In a related story, Essie Washington-Williams, who we might know as Strom Thurmond's half-black daughter, died this week. She deserved a better father.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby patches70 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:02 am

spurgistan wrote:In a related story, Essie Washington-Williams, who we might know as Strom Thurmond's half-black daughter, died this week. She deserved a better father.

Hmmm, Essie Washington-Williams would disagree with you there. Maybe you should read the transcript of her interview on 60 minutes.....

Excerpt-
Essie Mae Williams:
Oh, yes. He was wonderful.

Dan Rather:
He was wonderful.

Essie Mae Williams:
Yes.

Just sayin', you've got your opinion (judgment) that is based on ignorance, which is fine I suppose, but the person who you seem to be sympathetic toward had no such judgment and thought quite the opposite of what you appear to think of him as a father.
Anyway, here is the link to the transcript if you want to have, you know, an actual informed opinion.
I think it's his politics you are against, which is fine, but your statement has to do with him as a father and the interview doesn't support your view at all.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/ ... 9107.shtml
Private patches70

Postby spurgistan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 pm

My "ignorance" is mostly based on the fact that, despite having a child with a black woman, he was resoundingly in favor of segregation. I'm not saying she didn't love her father, or that he didn't give her money (less than a bare minimum of what a father should do, particularly for one as wealthy as Thurmond it could have easily been an afterthought) I'm saying she deserved better.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:39 pm

I have just found out that Lamar Smith, head of the House Science Committee, is a Christian Scientist. Which means that he believes a reliance on conventional medicine should be discouraged and that physician methods should be seen as ineffective because they treat disease as originating in the body rather than the mind.

And this is who the House selected to head the HOUSE SCIENCE COMMITTEE?

Good Lord.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Why should House Science Committee discriminate against religion? Why the hell would you necrobump this thread?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Why should House Science Committee discriminate against religion?

They shouldn't, they should discriminate against someone WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN SCIENCE.

Why do you support having someone who doesn't believe in science to be the head of the House Science Committee, Phatscotty?
Last edited by Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

You said yourself, that he is a scientist.

:-s
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:You said yourself, that he is a scientist.

I said no such thing. I'm sorry you're unable to understand that the term "Christian Scientist" does not refer to a Scientist who is a Christian, but it does not. At all, in fact.

Why do you support having someone who doesn't believe in science to be the head of the House Science Committee, Phatscotty?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Woodruff wrote:

I said no such thing. I'm sorry you're unable to understand that the term "Christian Scientist" does not refer to a Scientist who is a Christian, but it does not. At all, in fact.

Woodruff wrote:I have just found out that Lamar Smith, head of the House Science Committee, is a Christian Scientist

I think you just trolled yourself
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Woodruff wrote:I have just found out that Lamar Smith, head of the House Science Committee, is a Christian Scientist

I think you just trolled yourself

Did you even read what you're replying to?

I think you're trying as hard as you can to look like you have some basic point, but in reality you're simply looking like a fool.

Would you like to try to stop looking like a fool, or are you having fun still?

Let me know when you are ready to stop sucking up to the Republican Party long enough to stop wearing your ass for a hat.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Then what is the correct term for a scientist who is a Christian?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Woodruff wrote:I have just found out that Lamar Smith, head of the House Science Committee, is a Christian Scientist. Which means that he believes a reliance on conventional medicine should be discouraged and that physician methods should be seen as ineffective because they treat disease as originating in the body rather than the mind.

And this is who the House selected to head the HOUSE SCIENCE COMMITTEE?

Good Lord.

Aye an Peter King was Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, despite a history of supporting the IRA, even when it killed US citizens. You'd think supporting terrorist attacks and fundraising for them would rule you out.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Then what is the correct term for a scientist who is a Christian?

If one wants to be clear, they would call them "a scientist who is a Christian". Or even "a Christian who is a scientist". Both would work. It seems fairly obvious.

"Christian Scientist" is pretty specific, IN PARTICULAR in the way I used it.

Are you going to answer my questions, Phatscotty, or are you still afraid of it?

Postby tzor on Sun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Then what is the correct term for a scientist who is a Christian?

A really smart person. :P
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Sun May 05, 2013 6:57 pm

So the conservatives here are supportive of the head of the House Science Committee being a "Christian Scientist"?

(Quotes added so dipshits don't misunderstand any more than they do naturally.)

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:So the conservatives here are supportive of the head of the House Science Committee being a "Christian Scientist"?

(Quotes added so dipshits don't misunderstand any more than they do naturally.)

Just as a a note, some self pro-claimed conservatives don't speak for all conservatives.

With your point of the above, you'd think at this point that someone might even end up appointing someone who evaded taxes to treasury secretary. 8-[
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,