Conquer Club

Facelift!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Facelift!

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 am

Fuzzy316 wrote:I do gotta say that the text is actually easier to read like this.

+1
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby darth emperor on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:04 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Fuzzy316 wrote:I do gotta say that the text is actually easier to read like this.

+1

But it get tiring faster
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby IcePack on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Why do regular posters still have a blue tint to their names? Its awefully close to CD colors...

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:37 pm

IcePack wrote:Why do regular posters still have a blue tint to their names? Its awefully close to CD colors...

i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 am

IcePack wrote:Why do regular posters still have a blue tint to their names? Its awefully close to CD colors...

This was part of an update and it is the default color. It is supposed to be changed back to normal. Pretend you don't see it for a little bit. :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 am

Awh it's gunna go away? I like the blue tint on players names it's a neat change. :D
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby ender516 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Hmm, the usual colour is sort of an army green or khaki, the blue perhaps was a more naval colour? Maybe it should be used for special occasions.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby benga on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 am

Premium Dice Membership page

is this a joke or what?
Sergeant benga

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 am

benga wrote:Premium Dice Membership page

is this a joke or what?

Yes. On April 1st, it was there! :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby itmitche71 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 pm

I use BOB and since the last update the tooltips appear directly over the army counts for the territories so when trying to select a territory to attack it's hit and miss the user experience is horrible.
Corporal 1st Class itmitche71

Postby IcePack on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 pm

itmitche71 wrote:I use BOB and since the last update the tooltips appear directly over the army counts for the territories so when trying to select a territory to attack it's hit and miss the user experience is horrible.

Yeah this is super stupid

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

itmitche71 wrote:I use BOB and since the last update the tooltips appear directly over the army counts for the territories so when trying to select a territory to attack it's hit and miss the user experience is horrible.

then don't use BOB.

CC shouldn't be designed and reworked to fit third-party scripts. it should be the other way around.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ender516 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:43 pm

IcePack wrote:

Which browser are you using, and to which tooltips are you referring?

Postby IcePack on Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 am

ender516 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Which browser are you using, and to which tooltips are you referring?

If you have BOB on, however your mouse over the territory to drop and click sometimes it doesn't work, its glitchy. it causes misdrops or doesn't drop at all, i have had to go to the drop down menu's and stop clicking on screen altogether, or turn off BOB.

I'm using Firefox 20.0

Post by greenoaks Ā» Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

then don't use BOB.
CC shouldn't be designed and reworked to fit third-party scripts. it should be the other way around.

This is pretty silly, one of the sites biggest add ons (that shouldn't even be an add on) thats used by a huge % of its premium membership should not be ignored.
The site should test itself including the major premium bases scripts so that this sort of thing can be avoided, or at least keep script developers "in the loop" so that they can be fixed before an update of teh site happens instead of screwing up the user experience for weeks until an update can be provided (re-actionary instead of provactive)

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Jippd on Wed May 01, 2013 12:49 am

Where are we at with platinum medals showing up in the forums?
Major Jippd

Postby denominator on Wed May 01, 2013 10:37 am

1) It's not BOB. The maps themselves are intermittently glitchy (I am running Firefox 20.0.1 and it was fine before the update). Some regions on the map remain clickable, for others the clickable area has shifted slightly. I'm using the drop-down menus (reminds me of playing games before we had such nice things as clickable maps and jump to next playable game) to avoid any mishaps.

2) You should, at the very least, notify us in the BOB thread prior to making any changes that will affect BOB (or any other user scripts). Like IcePack said, a large portion of the paying customers of the site use this add-on and it is approved by CC as a legal tool. I accept that changes will be made to the base site, and agree it is up to the users to update their scripts and add-ons, but a notification would at least be nice so we all know what's going on ahead of time and can adapt better.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm

denominator wrote:1) It's not BOB. The maps themselves are intermittently glitchy (I am running Firefox 20.0.1 and it was fine before the update). Some regions on the map remain clickable, for others the clickable area has shifted slightly. I'm using the drop-down menus (reminds me of playing games before we had such nice things as clickable maps and jump to next playable game) to avoid any mishaps.

2) You should, at the very least, notify us in the BOB thread prior to making any changes that will affect BOB (or any other user scripts). Like IcePack said, a large portion of the paying customers of the site use this add-on and it is approved by CC as a legal tool. I accept that changes will be made to the base site, and agree it is up to the users to update their scripts and add-ons, but a notification would at least be nice so we all know what's going on ahead of time and can adapt better.

I wish I could! It's hard since most of the developers aren't familiar with how updates affect BOB, and I'm not personally technically inclined enough to be able to recognize which userscripts will be affected by various updates, if any.

However,

I think I might have found a solution to the madness: have an appointed update tester simply log on to our test site and test all of our big userscripts as they're on the test site and report back with any anomalies.

BMO

Postby ender516 on Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Generally, if you add or delete elements from the page layout, then any script that modifies the page (which is pretty much all of them) could be confused. The script has to find an anchor point, relative to which it will make its modifications. Disrupt the anchor and the script will misbehave.

In the past, we had just about trained lackattack to send the Tech Team information about upcoming updates, giving us time to check the scripts. I think it's great that the new administration is producing updates at a much higher rate, but without notification, the scripts are going to get left behind.

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 01, 2013 9:42 pm

ender516 wrote:Generally, if you add or delete elements from the page layout, then any script that modifies the page (which is pretty much all of them) could be confused. The script has to find an anchor point, relative to which it will make its modifications. Disrupt the anchor and the script will misbehave.

In the past, we had just about trained lackattack to send the Tech Team information about upcoming updates, giving us time to check the scripts. I think it's great that the new administration is producing updates at a much higher rate, but without notification, the scripts are going to get left behind.

What's most difficult about this is that since there are more people here to make updates, there's a loss of communication as things pass from one person to another. I think we are getting better, though!

BMO

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 02, 2013 6:41 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
ender516 wrote:Generally, if you add or delete elements from the page layout, then any script that modifies the page (which is pretty much all of them) could be confused. The script has to find an anchor point, relative to which it will make its modifications. Disrupt the anchor and the script will misbehave.

What's most difficult about this is that since there are more people here to make updates, there's a loss of communication as things pass from one person to another. I think we are getting better, though!

BMO

i figure things must be getting really lost as no communication seems to be passed to me. :(
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ender516 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 pm

All right, folks, I have a version of BOB which seems to fix the snapshot button positioning issue. I am hoping that it helps with the tooltips as well. I don't have access to the userscripts.org account, so I cannot update the "GET BOB" link in the first post. However, you can try this version of the script and let me know how things work. If it goes well, we can see about fixing that link. So, here it is:

https://github.com/ender516/addons-for- ... ob.user.js

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm

ender516 wrote:All right, folks, I have a version of BOB which seems to fix the snapshot button positioning issue. I am hoping that it helps with the tooltips as well. I don't have access to the userscripts.org account, so I cannot update the "GET BOB" link in the first post. However, you can try this version of the script and let me know how things work. If it goes well, we can see about fixing that link. So, here it is:

https://github.com/ender516/addons-for- ... ob.user.js

Thanks, ender!
=D>
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives