Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Yeah, I mean it really had bare minimum graphics. Nothing as fancy as that cockpit.

Here is the game Gorillas game...you can play it: http://www.kongregate.com/games/moly/gorillas-bas

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Fri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm

I just installed Neverwinter Nights 2 and the two expansions.

YEAH WEEKEND!

Andy - Any review on Crusader Kings 2? I'm thinking of finally making the purchase.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I just installed Neverwinter Nights 2 and the two expansions.

Excellent choice. Spoiler:

show
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 10, 2013 3:14 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Andy - Any review on Crusader Kings 2? I'm thinking of finally making the purchase.

I like it, and it is a decent game to dink around with. If you haven't already, I suggest downloading the Free DEMO from Steam and play it some to see if tantalizes you, and watch a youtube gameplay video. I did both, and they both helped me make my decision to get it.

I'd suggest seeing if you can get a deal on a digital download, of course. $40.00 on Steam is pretty steep, especially considering thy had a deal for like $8.00 a few months ago, plus the DLC on the cheap as well. Also, sometimes Amazon has a digital download discount sale too. If you aren't looking to get it right away, I'd setup a Google Alert for Crusader Kings 2 download sale or something like that, to get notified when a possible deal is available.

--Andy

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri May 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Bioshock. The first is a lot of fun and worth the money. I'm sure it's really cheap by now. Good play and story. Have the second but haven't played it yet. Heard story wasn't as great bu gameplay was improved some.

As for earliest game memory, I remember getting a NES for xmas when I was around 3 and my dad hogging super mario bros 3. It's one my earliest memories.

Man this was a painto type out on an Android tablet.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Serbia on Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:I remember playing some intellivision games.

My step-mom had Intellivision. The one game I remember was Burger Time.

Also, I used to love playing the old Wing Commander. Is it possible to get that on Windows 8?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby maxfaraday on Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Serbia wrote:

Also, I used to love playing the old Wing Commander. Is it possible to get that on Windows 8?

Bollocks.

Yes it is, use emulators like DOSBOX for instance:

http://www.dosbox.com/
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Gillipig on Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Gillipig wrote:What is the first video game you guys have memory of playing?
The first video game I have any memory of playing was Mortal Kombat II, on super nintendo, the year was probably 1994.

Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo.

A fun game for sure, I remember playing it as well. But I can remember playing mortal kombat before. My parents didn't allow me to play video games at that age and especially not mortal kombat because it was too violent (no kidding, that's one violent game lol), but my older brother was allowed to play it, so at least we had it. I sneaked in and played it when my parents wasn't around hehe. Ninja turtles was a favorite as well, but I think I was a little older when I played that. And then there was a game that I borrowed from a friend that I knew I wasn't allowed to play, but I hid it and only played it when my parents weren't around. I was a sneaky boy. Donkey kong country was a big favorite as well. But it was a bit too hard for me at that age.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby maxfaraday on Sat May 11, 2013 10:33 am

maxfaraday wrote:
Serbia wrote:

Bollocks.

Yes it is, use emulators like DOSBOX for instance:

http://www.dosbox.com/

Or you can buy it:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/wing_commander_1_2
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 am

Gillipig wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
Gillipig wrote:What is the first video game you guys have memory of playing?
The first video game I have any memory of playing was Mortal Kombat II, on super nintendo, the year was probably 1994.

Super Mario Bros on the Super Nintendo.

A fun game for sure, I remember playing it as well. But I can remember playing mortal kombat before. My parents didn't allow me to play video games at that age and especially not mortal kombat because it was too violent (no kidding, that's one violent game lol), but my older brother was allowed to play it, so at least we had it. I sneaked in and played it when my parents wasn't around hehe. Ninja turtles was a favorite as well, but I think I was a little older when I played that. And then there was a game that I borrowed from a friend that I knew I wasn't allowed to play, but I hid it and only played it when my parents weren't around. I was a sneaky boy. Donkey kong country was a big favorite as well. But it was a bit too hard for me at that age.

I also played Earthworm Jim and Donkey Kong Country.

I was only about 5 years old, so for Mario, never could get past the first few levels. Hurray for early 90s Rage Quit!
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat May 11, 2013 11:38 am

I've recently discovered gog, and I've been playing Heroes of might and magic II also Ceasar 3.

Great site that has lots of cool old games. I've been getting as much amusement out of these old games as I do a more modern one at fractions of the cost!

Anyways I love Ceasar three the mix of sand box and objectives is fun/challenging
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:I've recently discovered gog, and I've been playing Heroes of might and magic II also Ceasar 3.

Great site that has lots of cool old games. I've been getting as much amusement out of these old games as I do a more modern one at fractions of the cost!

Anyways I love Ceasar three the mix of sand box and objectives is fun/challenging

HoMM2 I played so much out of back in the day. I also had 3 and 4, but 2 I probably liked the most. But I think 4 did have the nice mechanic of having creatures roam the world without an adventurer, which was nice.

--Andy

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 pm

I played through each Portal game about 2 weeks ago in a 10 hour session. It was really only to hear GLaDOS' sarcasm once more.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Lootifer on Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 am

DONT STARVE!

(with no googling, actually I lie, I googled nightmare fuel to confirm where it came from; only minor spoiler as I was already aware of the easiest way to get it)
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 13, 2013 9:10 am

I've heard that Fez is a decent game. Anyone play it? It is 9.99 on GOG.com, but I'll probably wait for even more of a deal.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I've heard that Fez is a decent game. Anyone play it? It is 9.99 on GOG.com, but I'll probably wait for even more of a deal.

--Andy

Two words, stunning grapics!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby thegreekdog on Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:I've recently discovered gog, and I've been playing Heroes of might and magic II also Ceasar 3.

I also recently discovered gog (last week... thank you, brother thegreekdog). I purchased Colonization.

Postby Woodruff on Mon May 13, 2013 11:37 am

Guys, I was talking about GOG in this thread quite some time back...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:Guys, I was talking about GOG in this thread quite some time back...

I was talking about Gog since biblical times.

Wait, that's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog

--Andy

Postby thegreekdog on Mon May 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:Guys, I was talking about GOG in this thread quite some time back...

I clearly didn't pay attention.

Postby Lootifer on Mon May 13, 2013 3:45 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

I also recently discovered gog (last week... thank you, brother thegreekdog). I purchased Colonization.

Haha, old Colonization.

I thrashed that game, taught me all about the founding fathers of the US and that south american indians are rich!!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby john9blue on Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I've heard that Fez is a decent game. Anyone play it? It is 9.99 on GOG.com, but I'll probably wait for even more of a deal.

--Andy

i pre-ordered this on steam but it wouldn't work with my intel laptop graphics card... :(

edit: ooh looks like they fixed it! brb playing fez
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 17, 2013 3:55 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

HoMM2 I played so much out of back in the day. I also had 3 and 4, but 2 I probably liked the most. But I think 4 did have the nice mechanic of having creatures roam the world without an adventurer, which was nice.

GOG.com sale with Heroes of Might and Magic Titles on the cheap, plus Might and Magic (the rpg) 6-pack of old school games for like 5 bucks. And a bunch of other ubisoft games on discount: http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513

--Andy

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:38 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

GOG.com sale with Heroes of Might and Magic Titles on the cheap, plus Might and Magic (the rpg) 6-pack of old school games for like 5 bucks. And a bunch of other ubisoft games on discount: http://www.gog.com/promo/ubisoft_weekend_promo_170513

Might and Magic 6 and 7 (not Heroes) are my all-time favorite RPGs, above even Baldur's Gate (which is second).

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,