Re: I've Killed None @ Stalingrad [FULL/reserves]

Postby merch313 on Thu May 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Tourney active
Major merch313

Postby judge_reinhold on Sat May 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey, I've been killed none.

Do I get an award or something?

I've never won a tournament before but I think I won this one.
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby Armandolas on Sun May 19, 2013 3:49 am

You didnt win yet...read the Opening Post ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby judge_reinhold on Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Ok I re-read it. Double elimination.

I'm not familiar with tournament structures but I just read the article on wikipedia.

It looks I would just have to play one more game, against the winner of the losers' bracket. Is that right?
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby Armandolas on Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

judge_reinhold wrote:Ok I re-read it. Double elimination.

I'm not familiar with tournament structures but I just read the article on wikipedia.

It looks I would just have to play one more game, against the winner of the losers' bracket. Is that right?

Exactly mate...u can se the tournament tree, also in the OP
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:21 pm

A double elimination tournament means that all players must lose 2 games before they are eliminated. judge_reinhold has not yet lost a game, which means if he loses the current finals game, another game must be played. That's the benefit of being in the winner's bracket....the final opponent must beat you twice. Please make sure to play out the tournament according to the posted structure.
Major Night Strike

Re: I've Killed None @ Stalingrad [Winner andypl0nd0n]

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 am

The tournament is played according to the structure. Only 1 decisive game in the final.

Congratz to the winner andypl0nd0n
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:50 am

Armandolas wrote:The tournament is played according to the structure. Only 1 decisive game in the final.

As already mentioned in my above post and discussed via PM, this is not an acceptable finish because you stated in the first post "Format: Double Elimination". judge_reinhold has not been eliminated twice in the tournament, so another game must be played.
Major Night Strike

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Armandolas wrote:The tournament is played according to the structure. Only 1 decisive game in the final.

As already mentioned in my above post and discussed via PM, this is not an acceptable finish because you stated in the first post "Format: Double Elimination". judge_reinhold has not been eliminated twice in the tournament, so another game must be played.

Read Pm sent to you , it is clear enough that the double elimination final is determined by the tournament organizer.

Just because you think you are right it does not make you right.
You should get some information first about things you write, that said,you should not be here manipulating tournaments .
My decision stands. And it is a very valid one. If you as Tournament commisioner decides another outcome, than its your call.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby judge_reinhold on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Armandolas, even your declared winner andypl0nd0n agrees that you are being unfair. You even told me that you made a mistake.

So, set up another game and fix your mistake. What justification do you have for running a half-baked tournament like this?

So after i seen it happen in another tournament, i rethought the system and included a "2 game fina rulel" in the new tournaments..the problem is that i cant change the rulling in the middle of the tournament.
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Armandolas wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Read Pm sent to you , it is clear enough that the double elimination final is determined by the tournament organizer.

Just because you think you are right it does not make you right.
You should get some information first about things you write, that said,you should not be here manipulating tournaments .
My decision stands. And it is a very valid one. If you as Tournament commisioner decides another outcome, than its your call.

It is my roll as Tournament Commissioner to resolve tournament disputes and come to the most fair outcome for all, relying on the rules we've already set forth for site tournaments. Your first post says that the format is double elimination, which on face value means a player must lose two games before being eliminated. If you wanted a different format, that should have been specified in the first post. The text written on CC supersedes any links/postings to other sites.

As such, if you don't finish this tournament, that both players in the final agree has not yet come to a proper conclusion, then a TD will have to finish the tournament for you, which will count as an abandoned tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 am

Are you trying to resolve a dispute?NO..you made a decision without even listen to me. And after i wrote i have the feeling im talking to a wall.DO you even read what i wrote?
For Tournament Finals in double elimination is not necessary to have 2 games. PERIOD. If you dont know that you better start to get information or rethink your methods.
You are tournament comissioner, so do that, dont try to be the man who invented the double elimination tournaments.Its not your job, neither it belongs to CC.

So whatever you feel like.Even if you think you are doing the right thing, i think you are blindly abusing the power atributed to you.

No need to argue any more. Do whatever you need to do.Ill do the same.

And you judge reinhold stop writing BS. I tried to explain you my motives, and in response i obtained omly insults. Wich i could report you, but im not a crying baby.So no more talk.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 am

Ok .
Ive rethought all this.
I will not have dispute or argument over something that stupid.
If Andyplondon agrees to have a 2nd game, then i will do it right away. Just need to hear from him
Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:43 am

You have 48 hours to get another final game created otherwise I will do it for you and record this as an abandoned tournament for you.
Major Night Strike

Postby Lindax on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:59 am

Armandolas wrote:Ok .
Ive rethought all this.
If Andyplondon agrees to have a 2nd game, then i will do it right away. Just need to hear from him
Cheers

Not only do you say it's double elimination, in the OP you actually say that if a player loses 1 game the player gets another chance:

"It will be a 16 players double elimination tournament, so if u loose one game you will get a 2nd chance."

There: You said yourself what NS is saying. ;)

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Armandolas on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Lindax wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Ok .
Ive rethought all this.
Cheers

Not only do you say it's double elimination, in the OP you actually say that if a player loses 1 game the player gets another chance:

"It will be a 16 players double elimination tournament, so if u loose one game you will get a 2nd chance."

There: You said yourself what NS is saying. ;)

Lx

When you are in the elimination rounds...not the final
Game is created
Colonel Armandolas

Postby judge_reinhold on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Armandolas, you fool. Time to change the winner to the one who never lost twice. That would be me, [Game]judge_reinhold[/Game]

It's a double-elimination tournament, remember?

Congrats to my esteemed opponent, andypl0nd0n for being the only one to ever defeat me on this map. If it wasn't for my good luck in game two, he surely would have won a second time and taken a well-deserved trophy home. What a hollow victory it would have been if Armandolas's capricious, idiotic version of justice had won out and the "winner" had the exact same record as the "loser"?

I will burn an offering at the altar of Justice. We will pour out wine to Zeus. We will give Armandolas the honor he deserves by renaming all our toilets after him. There will be much rejoicing.
Colonel judge_reinhold

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Congratz to the winner judge_reinhold
Colonel Armandolas

Previous

Return to Completed 2013