Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 2 [12/13]

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I agree that we probably have extra investigative roles. Wire Tap sounds like some sort of it. However, I'm going to have to follow the cop on this one. The defense from betiko sounds like flavor more than anything, and the breadcrumb was weak anyways. If you were provided a fake as mafia, you could of course breadcrumb your fakeclaim as well.

vote betiko
Captain safariguy5

Postby kgb007 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 pm

betiko wrote:mcnulty, that's the kind of cop you are:

not sure if this really matters but i'm pretty sure this is a clip from season 2, i'm probably just splitting hairs haha..
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby skillfusniper33 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:50 am

Well since we don't seem to be wanting to take some time for another possible case. I will lay my vote down.

Vote Betiko
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 am

spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I feel that in a 13 player game, there is really only going to be 1 [alignment determining] cop, I feel there could be a role cop, watcher, tracker and roles I/we've never seen i.e. like IB
Sure there is probably one one sane cop, but can you be sure that is you?

No one else has claimed cop.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby Comrade Kirk on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:27 am

It looks like we got lucky on night 1. I think Betiko has chosen a fairly obscure character to claim. The character is far more important in later seasons, but he isn't a major character in the first one. The defense looks quite desperate, particularly the claim that he blocked someone else. It's enough for me, but I'm willing to hold off for a while to see what else develops. What is the vote count?
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:13 am

Vote Count 2.2

betiko (6) - Jonty, stubbsKVM, lynx_, Djfireside, safariguy5, skillfusniper33, L-1
Djfireside (1) - betiko,

Not Voting: spiesr, Comrade Kirk, new guy1, kgb007, ghostly447,

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch

Deadline is Saturday June 29th at 10pm EST (8 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes remaining)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 2 [12/13] Stubbs

Postby spiesr on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 am

jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I feel that in a 13 player game, there is really only going to be 1 [alignment determining] cop, I feel there could be a role cop, watcher, tracker and roles I/we've never seen i.e. like IB
Lot's of people haven't claimed, why do you expect such a person would have?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 am

spiesr wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Lot's of people haven't claimed, why do you expect such a person would have?

I mean counter-claim. Let us take this scenario I'm Fred cop, and on D2, Jeff comes out saying he is the cop. In a game this size I would CC immediately. Nobody has CC'd, so I feel I must be the town cop.
Cook jonty125

Postby StubbsKVM on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:51 pm

I see no reason to doubt Jonty and Betiko's defense has been questionable to say the least.

As I understand it, Jonty's character is the main character in the series? So his cop role makes sense.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby kgb007 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:00 pm

i've gone back and forth all morning on this and something just doesn't seem right about the Rawls claim so i'll seal the deal and vote betiko

LYNCH. THE. SCUM.
Sergeant 1st Class kgb007

Postby Djfireside on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:07 pm

That should do it. Let see how it falls.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby betiko on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:27 pm

2:12!

Well done bpd, but you aint gettin baltimore rid of gangstas that easy!!! :P ;)

Go crime!!!!!
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Vote Count 2.3

betiko (7) - Jonty, stubbsKVM, lynx_, Djfireside, safariguy5, skillfusniper33, kgb007 Lynch
Djfireside (1) - betiko,

Not Voting: spiesr, Comrade Kirk, new guy1, ghostly447,

With 7 votes betiko has been lynched.

I will post a scene later tonight. You can send night actions if you like.

Postby thechuck51 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:53 pm

I've been drinking so I may add a scene to this later but for now...
show

It is now Night 2. Any actions not submitted by 10 pm eastern on Monday June 24th will be forfeited.

The Wire Mafia Day 3 [10/13]

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:08 pm

The Buys

A car drove through the Baltimore night, swerving left and right, before crashing into a concrete pillar supporting the overpass. The driver, drunk as a skunk, stumbled out of the car. He leaned against the driver side door and went to finish his beer before realizing he had spilled what was left during the crash. He was oblivious to the car parked across the street. It had followed him there from the bar. The man in the car pulled his hood over his head and began to open his door but stopped when he noticed headlights approaching. A dark sedan pulled up beside the crashed car. The driver and his passenger observed the drunk with a mixture of amusement and contempt. The driver told his passenger to get out of the car while he gave the drunk a ride home. The passenger exited the sedan and leaned against the trunk of the crashed car as the sedan pulled away with the drunk. As its taillights faded in the distance a gun shot rang out. The passenger fell in a heap and the car across the street sped off in the darkness.

show

Day 3 has begun

Vote Count 3.0

-

Not Voting: Jonty, spiesr, lynx_, Comrade Kirk, skillfusniper, new guy1, safariguy5, Djfireside, ghostly447, stubbsKVM

With 10 Alive it takes 6 to Lynch

Deadline is Thursday July 4th at 10pm EST (9 days, 23 hours, 53 minutes remaining)[/b]

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 3 [10/13]

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 am

Seems that kgb was busdriven.

I am almost certain there is no SK, this is just a straight town vs. mafia game.

I investigate stubbsKVM last night. He came up innocent.
Cook jonty125

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am

Good :) wish you looked into someone else, cause I already knew that :p

Not sure if I should look too much into that cutscene.

I'll get back to this later
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

jonty125 wrote:Seems that kgb was busdriven.

I am almost certain there is no SK, this is just a straight town vs. mafia game.

I agree with the idea that he was probably busdriven. I guess I dont really have any leads, so Ill wait for someone else to post.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 pm

new guy1 wrote:

I agree with the idea that he was probably busdriven. I guess I dont really have any leads, so Ill wait for someone else to post.

Interesting. It seems like we don't really have a protective role. Otherwise, they did the WIFOM night action and targeted someone other than the claimed cop.
Captain safariguy5

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:07 am

safariguy5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Interesting. It seems like we don't really have a protective role. Otherwise, they did the WIFOM night action and targeted someone other than the claimed cop.

In most game bus drivers go around the doctor so I think there is still a chance for one to be out there. And the Doctor would then protect the person who was bus driven instead of there initial target?

And I would also want the doctor to stay anonymous if possible since they will be a very high target for the mafia.

I don't really see how you come to that conclusion Safari since the cop wasn't killed. We also don't really know who was targeted by the bus driver.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Postby Comrade Kirk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 am

If there was a doctor, they would have probably protected McNulty. The bus driver swapped McNulty with Daniels, so the protection would have ended up on Daniels as well as the kill ending up there... thus no kill. The fact that Daniels was taken out suggests to me that we have a bus driver instead of a doctor. My instinct at the end of the last day phase was to go after the person who dropped the hammer vote because there was still plenty of time left in the day to see if someone on the mafia team would slip up in their defense of Betiko. With KGB007 getting killed last night, I'm back to square one.
Cadet Comrade Kirk

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 am

The Bus Driver is a role that can choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.
For example, suppose a Bus Driver switches John and Jack. That same night, a roleblocker tries to block John and a Goon tries to kill Jack. In the end, Jack will be roleblocked and John will be killed.
The verb form of what a Bus Driver does is "drives".
Bus Driver has been seen as each alignment and historically is a pro-Town role; however, some moderators consider Bus Driver to be a Negative Utility role in Town hands, since it is more likely to thwart or confuse power roles than help. The pro-Town intent of this role is to attempt to redirect the scum's kill onto a better target.

So this is usually a town role?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:09 am

Stubbs and jonty are 99% con town, and should be listened to.

Now, a long overdue player analysis:
spiesr - Very little content, mainly clarifications and one-liners. Voted jonty D1 on extremely weak grounds. Lurky.
Comrade Kirk - No content until the end of D1. Talks about Omar a lot, suggests he's more likely vig. Still no scum-hunting beyond a vote for betiko with no justification. Neutral, maybe Omar.
skillfusniper33 - Decent content so far, has been pursuing lurkers rather than scum-hunting though. I take issue with this post, though:
skillfusniper33 wrote:And I would also want the doctor to stay anonymous if possible since they will be a very high target for the mafia.
It just seems to have been made from a mafia POV.
new guy1 - Under suspicion D1 for lurking, floundered until claiming PGO (pretty much designed to be false-claimed). And then there's this post:
new guy1 wrote:I will have to say that I am in a jam right now. I dont know if its the case Betiko made or a gut feeling, but I think there was a mix up and they are both town. Either that or they are doing a damn good job of distancing themselves from each other. Another thing I should add is that it's a little suspicious to me that Betiko is coming up with so many different flavor reasons as to why something would go wrong with the NA's, but I suppose if hes familiar with the series it will show in his defense.
safariguy5 - Not a huge amount of content, but it has been relatively townie. Has been chasing inactives mostly, though. Neutral-townie.
Djfireside - Has been accused of being SK, and does indeed seem to be playing a little safely. Neutral.
ghostly447 - Next to no content. Might have defended betiko here:
ghostly447 wrote:Similar to a previous game I played I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.
Scummy/lurky.

Vote: new guy1
FoS skillfusniper and ghostly.
Cook lynx_

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 am

StubbsKVM wrote:
The Bus Driver is *snip*

So this is usually a town role?
I've seen both town and scum busdrivers. It's more common as a scum role in my experience.
Cook lynx_

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

New Guy, Why did you not claim your role from the start?
Wasn't it more likely you would kill town before mafia?
Corporal StubbsKVM

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives