Conquer Club

Conquer Cup VI

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Cup VI

Postby waauw on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Godd wrote:Conquer Cup VI Stalled ??????
my opinion would be to Team CC and get to actively advertising and pursuing members to join up and fill it up.
It seems that you are waiting till it has the full 640 and those that already entered may not be as likely to join the next one due to the wait
with over $3000 collected It only makes good business sense to get active on keeping it moving

a good business that profits $1k 12 times a year vs a business that profits $3k only 3 times a year seems to be a better business

You should keep into account, that the more often it's organized, the less special it'll be.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby ender516 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 am

Thankfully, there are now 638 registered participants, so it should not be long before games get underway.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 pm

ender516 wrote:Thankfully, there are now 638 registered participants, so it should not be long before games get underway.

639!
Captain Gilligan

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 pm

1...........more.................player!
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Beko the Great on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

It's filled! Let's play :D
Major Beko the Great

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Beko the Great wrote:It's filled! Let's play :D

Good luck, everyone!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Awoodness on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Movin on... :D
Major Awoodness

Postby marijus on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Samsung..
Sergeant 1st Class marijus

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:53 pm

12915629 done =D>
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby tzor on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:36 pm

I can't believe I won a game! Game 12973793! =D>
Cadet tzor

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:55 pm

Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby JonMPapp on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 pm

game 12975859 is done...woo hoo
Sergeant JonMPapp

Postby jleaux on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey all.

Need advice on what I'm supposed to do. The game in question is Game 13047729.

I was out of town last week and had someone turn sitting my games. I told him not to bother with my Conquer Cup game because as I understand it, that's not allowed. However, after I left, other players in the game posted that they would not mind about the turn sitting and my sitter went ahead and took my turns. Looks like he took three turns while I was away.

So I have now broken the rules, albeit inadvertently. My sitter didn't exactly use my prefered strategy, but winning is not out of the question. Should I just stop taking turns and forfeit?
Lieutenant jleaux

Postby betiko on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:02 pm

jleaux wrote:Hey all.

I was out of town last week and had someone turn sitting my games. I told him not to bother with my Conquer Cup game because as I understand it, that's not allowed. However, after I left, other players in the game posted that they would not mind about the turn sitting and my sitter went ahead and took my turns. Looks like he took three turns while I was away.

So I have now broken the rules, albeit inadvertently. My sitter didn't exactly use my prefered strategy, but winning is not out of the question. Should I just stop taking turns and forfeit?

Don t be silly. Not accepting sitters in this competition is ridiculous anyway. It lasts over 3 month with games that are joined automatically at random moments of your real life. I m sure that most of the people that went far in the cup have had an emergency at some point and asked to be sitted for a couple of turns. Why would the conquer cup have a special rule? Not playing turns unbalances games and can lead to give the game to someone who doesn t deserve it. Whoever thought of that rule probably didn t think much, not to mention how annoying it is to wait 24h several times cause no one is sitting.
Major betiko

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm

13036541 done
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby denominator on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm

betiko wrote:

Don t be silly. Not accepting sitters in this competition is ridiculous anyway. It lasts over 3 month with games that are joined automatically at random moments of your real life. I m sure that most of the people that went far in the cup have had an emergency at some point and asked to be sitted for a couple of turns. Why would the conquer cup have a special rule? Not playing turns unbalances games and can lead to give the game to someone who doesn t deserve it. Whoever thought of that rule probably didn t think much, not to mention how annoying it is to wait 24h several times cause no one is sitting.

It is written in the rules that sitters are not allowed. While I agree that it is a pedantic rule, I also see the merit in it. The CCups offer real prizes and those should be earned by the person receiving them, not a person playing on their behalf. But it is also ridiculous to assume that we will play all turns, considering that the start date of the tournament is variable, the start date of games is variable, and the length of time the tournament is active is variable. Furthermore, the only people being "busted" for breaking this rule are the ones posting that they had turns covered - those not posting here or in the game chat simply go unnoticed. I think stating that 1 or 2 turns covered is acceptable, so long as it is not a habit. The same as goes for the rest of the games here.
Lieutenant denominator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:07 pm

denominator wrote:
betiko wrote:

It is written in the rules that sitters are not allowed. While I agree that it is a pedantic rule, I also see the merit in it. The CCups offer real prizes and those should be earned by the person receiving them, not a person playing on their behalf. But it is also ridiculous to assume that we will play all turns, considering that the start date of the tournament is variable, the start date of games is variable, and the length of time the tournament is active is variable. Furthermore, the only people being "busted" for breaking this rule are the ones posting that they had turns covered - those not posting here or in the game chat simply go unnoticed. I think stating that 1 or 2 turns covered is acceptable, so long as it is not a habit. The same as goes for the rest of the games here.

Yeah, I would be in favour of adding this to the next one.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 am

I don't know why i didn't get any invite for 5th round. I log in daily !
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 am

Prince_Tottenham wrote:I don't know why i didn't get any invite for 5th round. I log in daily !

You're listed as "waiting to advance" which means that your 5th round opponents are still in their 4th round games. Probably won't be long.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Kaiser_Tottenham on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Prince_Tottenham wrote:I don't know why i didn't get any invite for 5th round. I log in daily !

You're listed as "waiting to advance" which means that your 5th round opponents are still in their 4th round games. Probably won't be long.

thanks mate for the response, i've one more question, is the 6th round is the final?
Colonel Kaiser_Tottenham

Postby spiesr on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 am

Prince_Tottenham wrote:thanks mate for the response, i've one more question, is the 6th round is the final?
Yes
Captain spiesr

Re: Conquer Cup VI - Round 4

Postby dboeke on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:53 am

Has anyone noticed that the last teams entering round 4 spawned two games (13141978 & 13141979) with the same 4 players? If it is not addressed before someone gets an advantage in the game, the winner of the game that isn't the correct one will have a legit beef.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... full_log=Y
Corporal dboeke

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:23 pm

dboeke wrote:Has anyone noticed that the last teams entering round 4 spawned two games (13141978 & 13141979) with the same 4 players? If it is not addressed before someone gets an advantage in the game, the winner of the game that isn't the correct one will have a legit beef.

interesting.

Something similar happened in the Havoc cup.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Splash_x on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
dboeke wrote:Has anyone noticed that the last teams entering round 4 spawned two games (13141978 & 13141979) with the same 4 players? If it is not addressed before someone gets an advantage in the game, the winner of the game that isn't the correct one will have a legit beef.

interesting.

Lol yeah, what's going to happen?!
Sergeant 1st Class Splash_x

Postby dboeke on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:50 am

Splash_x wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Lol yeah, what's going to happen?!

I am guessing that if nothing is done, that the first person to win in either game will end up advancing.
Corporal dboeke

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives