Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC II [15/17] D2: Getting the Axe

Postby edocsil on Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am

I'm not sure I am quite ready to hang him over a single post. I was hoping to make a more accurate profile of him once returning home and seeing what neb had to say for himself. Recall that I was eager to examine neb/jonty relationships and was more or less what I intended to do from D1 if we got a scum lynch.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:27 pm

Neb is super scummy. However, when someone thrusts themself into the radar that much, I don't see much benefit in adding votes to the case.

The Stubbs slip-up was interesting, but not enough to hang over - it is in exactly the same boat as my case on /, so I can't go there. TFO is also borderline inactive, but blake moreso.

Don't have much of a read on saf/dj.

/ is still scummiest in my books, although I don't have much of a case on him. Since I can't fabricate a case out of nothing, I have to wait. I would like to wait by killing off inactives.

------------------------------------------

The rest is directed at aage:

In what way does my vote slow down the game? If there is so much information, why is the best vote you can manage the one on me?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The rest is directed at aage:

In what way does my vote slow down the game?
In that past Day 1 we aren't going to lynch someone for being inactive unless the deadline forces us too?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:37 pm

spiesr wrote:

In that past Day 1 we aren't going to lynch someone for being inactive unless the deadline forces us too?

The longer the game goes on, the more liability they are to not only town, but the entire game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby pancakemix on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Vote Count

Blake - 1 (Doom)
Neb - 2 (Edoc, Spiesr)
Doom - 1 (Aage)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline will be July 6 at 23:59 ET.

Blake will be prodded
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby aage on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:

In that past Day 1 we aren't going to lynch someone for being inactive unless the deadline forces us to?

The longer the game goes on, the more liability they are to not only town, but the entire game.

This would be true if we were to wait for Blake to make a defense against your vote which wouldn't even have been needed in the first place if you hadn't cast it. By casting that vote I think you signaled that we should waste our time putting Blake on L-2 without him ever responding as usual.

If there is so much information, why is the best vote you can manage the one on me?
Because you choose to ignore that information. Also, my post was longer than "vote doom".
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:47 am

Sorry about the doublepost.
DoomYoshi wrote:Neb is super scummy. However, when someone thrusts themself into the radar that much, I don't see much benefit in adding votes to the case.
Lynching scummy people actually does yield benefit. You should explain why you don't just put your money where your mouth is, because this argument is ridiculous.
The Stubbs slip-up was interesting, but not enough to hang over - it is in exactly the same boat as my case on /, so I can't go there. TFO is also borderline inactive, but blake moreso.
I agree on all parts, irrelevant mostly... except that we shouldn't care about Blake.

/ is still scummiest in my books, although I don't have much of a case on him. Since I can't fabricate a case out of nothing, I have to wait. I would like to wait by killing off inactives.
Inactives likely are town. Scummy people are more likely to be scum (hence the adjective). Your reasoning is easy and faulty, and I don't see how this benefits town.

Do I want to lynch Doom over this? I think I do. But several others are fine too.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 pm

aage wrote:Sorry about the doublepost.
DoomYoshi wrote:Neb is super scummy. However, when someone thrusts themself into the radar that much, I don't see much benefit in adding votes to the case.
Lynching scummy people actually does yield benefit. You should explain why you don't just put your money where your mouth is, because this argument is ridiculous.
I agree on all parts, irrelevant mostly... except that we shouldn't care about Blake.

Inactives likely are town. Scummy people are more likely to be scum (hence the adjective). Your reasoning is easy and faulty, and I don't see how this benefits town.

Do I want to lynch Doom over this? I think I do. But several others are fine too.

You know, Ive been raked over the coals for the same thing, so I think I'm going to (unvote) vote doomyoshi, mostly for not putting your money where your mouth is.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby edocsil on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Bah. Doom is right on all regards. Inactives kill the game, make it not fun due to the inability to deal with them weighing down votes, and are a general pain in the ass. The only reason this has been an issue to point it out was because it delayed our short day. We really need to resolve this fast, else this coming lynch is going to be decided by just a few votes because we in fact do not need a majority to lynch.

I would HIGHLY recommend forcing one of them (neb/doom/other scummies) to claim quickly, analyze the information and make a plan from there regarding a lynch, but we don't want to hang people who haven't claimed for several reasons.

We can't waste time here, so if you haven't weighed in on these issues or voted, please do so shortly or your voices will be ignored.
Edoc'sil

Postby aage on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:01 pm

edocsil wrote:Bah. Doom is right on all regards. Inactives kill the game, make it not fun due to the inability to deal with them weighing down votes, and are a general pain in the ass. The only reason this has been an issue to point it out was because it delayed our short day. We really need to resolve this fast, else this coming lynch is going to be decided by just a few votes because we in fact do not need a majority to lynch.

I would HIGHLY recommend forcing one of them (neb/doom/other scummies) to claim quickly, analyze the information and make a plan from there regarding a lynch, but we don't want to hang people who haven't claimed for several reasons.

We can't waste time here, so if you haven't weighed in on these issues or voted, please do so shortly or your voices will be ignored.

Why should we? Our short day was delayed by an inactive mod, not Blake. He isn't doing anything much, hence not a direct threat to town. Killing him off puts the game into night, and mafia is always stronger at night. Explain to me why we should waste an opportunity to lynch scum in favor of lynching someone who will die just fine on his own.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:10 pm

As I count it, both Doom and I have 2 votes each.

I'm not sure I can vote Doom...I don't really see the case on him.

I see little merit in Blake's case...but I do see more than voting Doom.

Since edoc has asked for info and a vote, I'll go ahead and vote Blake.

The inactive isn't helping, and we should have plenty of power roles to figure out somethings tonight. I'm willing to drop the dead weight and see what town can figure out tonight.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Ill take a night to think about the case on doomyoshi, and Ill Unvote, vote blake so that we dont mislynch a townie in haste.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 pm

I find a bit of irony in New Guy's post. Are we less likely to mislynch a townie in haste by going after qn inactive or by lynching someone who appears scummy?

Blake has a replacement in the wings witj soundman already willing to replace into the game. If blake doesnt become active, we still have someone to replace so that he doesnt slow us down.

vote doom

fos new guy and Neb if doom turns up scum, i feel that at least one of these two are also scum.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Put my money where my mouth is?

Why would I worry about Neb? Guarantee he is the default target for the majority of investigative roles already. At this point, if he is scum, he is going to start worrying and backpedaling so I don't need to add any more pressure... if he is truly scum, I will find out before too long.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:57 pm

new guy1 wrote:Ill take a night to think about the case on doomyoshi, and Ill Unvote, vote blake so that we dont mislynch a townie in haste.

Once again, as in all NV games, I disagree with this argument.

Remember, jonty made the same argument day 1. FOS new guy. Will I vote? Let me mull it over.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:51 pm

13. Each game ‘day’ will last SEVEN 24 hour days. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the deadline if made, the player with the most votes will be lynched and the game will enter into the night phase. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be determined by a 24-hour final ballot in which every player casts a final (no changes) vote for ANY player. If there is still a tie, a runoff ballot will be held between the two or more who tied. The deadline may be extended upon request.

Lynch the inactive is scummy in this game. No exceptions.

IMO Neb is pounding nails in his how coffin. Jumping votes like that is like flinging shit at the walls and seeing what sticks. Advocate modkills on inactives, don't hang them. Or have them vigged. It's a good use of a vig early game when good targets are elusive.
Edoc'sil

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Yeah, I don't see how you can buy into Doom's vote on the inactive neb. All things being equal, it's statistically much more likely that an inactive is town rather than mafia. I agree that he needs to be replaced rather than lynched. If we lynch the inactive, it doesn't give us any good bandwagon information because both town and mafia can vote for the inactive with little to distinguish themselves with regards to vote position.
vote neb
Captain safariguy5

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:24 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Yeah, I don't see how you can buy into Doom's vote on the inactive neb. All things being equal, it's statistically much more likely that an inactive is town rather than mafia. I agree that he needs to be replaced rather than lynched. If we lynch the inactive, it doesn't give us any good bandwagon information because both town and mafia can vote for the inactive with little to distinguish themselves with regards to vote position.
vote neb

Ya, with Doom and myself being the only other players getting votes at this point, my options are limited. I could start a new case, but then edoc will probably jump on me saying that I'm "splitting the vote" again. Is an inactive the best target? No. Is it a better target than me or Doom? Yes.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby sheepofdumb on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I am back. I'll be posting soon enough.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm still around, and I'm surprised that I was picked as an inactive (Typically I'm accused of submarining). I'll try to compile my thoughts and post those soon.
Private blakebowling

Postby edocsil on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Yeah, I don't see how you can buy into Doom's vote on the inactive neb. All things being equal, it's statistically much more likely that an inactive is town rather than mafia. I agree that he needs to be replaced rather than lynched. If we lynch the inactive, it doesn't give us any good bandwagon information because both town and mafia can vote for the inactive with little to distinguish themselves with regards to vote position.
vote neb

Ya, with Doom and myself being the only other players getting votes at this point, my options are limited. I could start a new case, but then edoc will probably jump on me saying that I'm "splitting the vote" again. Is an inactive the best target? No. Is it a better target than me or Doom? Yes.

Pretty much.

Your best bet was to do a well thought out attack vs Doom. Anything else (including a poor attack vs doom) was going to paint you pretty poorly.
Edoc'sil

Postby Djfireside on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:38 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:
vote neb

Neb, Its a hard situation you are in and I can understand the chase the inactive route and you do make a good point in stating the you are making your position because of timing and other variances. It seems a bit cheap but I can let that slide but coupled with yesterday and while we were both brought to the forefront I was going after you because of your regression to aage and had suspecision then so would like to push further pressure to at least see who we are dealing with.

vote neb
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am

Vote Count

Blake - 3 (Doom, Neb, Newguy)
Neb - 4 (Edoc, Spiesr, Saf, DJ)
Doom - 2 (Aage, SW)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline will be July 6 at 23:59 ET.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby StubbsKVM on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 pm

not sure who to vote for really.

I'm not convinced on the Neb case, so I don't really want to vote for him.
Blake looks like the easy way through day 2.
I've got nothing against doom's POV.

I'll wait for Blake's catchup post before I make up my mind.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby spiesr on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:18 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Why would I worry about Neb? Guarantee he is the default target for the majority of investigative roles already. At this point, if he is scum, he is going to start worrying and backpedaling so I don't need to add any more pressure... if he is truly scum, I will find out before too long.
If more people acted with this logic then there won't be significant pressure on him and he won't be especially likely to fall apart. So, why do you seem to think you are privileged to get to go off and do your own thing while relying on others take care of pressing matters?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives