Conquer Club

User names

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

User names

Postby gruffy1 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:14 pm

[Q&A]

I'd like to change my user name. How do I go about it?

[/Q&A]
Private gruffy1

Re: User names

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 pm

what do you want to change it to?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby gruffy1 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 pm

gruffybach
Private gruffy1

Postby spiesr on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Jippd on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:09 pm

gruffy1 wrote:gruffybach

Mods usually only allow name changes if your user name is offensive or reviews personal information.
Major Jippd

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Jippd wrote:

Mods usually only allow name changes if your user name is offensive or reviews personal information.

this policy has recently been changed into:
4. How do I change my username?

We take requests for minor cosmetic changes to usernames of Premium members. We also take requests for username changes of any member if their username contains personally identifiable information. Because player reputation is important to the integrity of the game, we do not allow any other changes to usernames. Please don't create a second account as that will just get you banned. Open a support ticket below to request a username change.

so this case would be allowed
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:

this policy has recently been changed into:
4. How do I change my username?

We take requests for minor cosmetic changes to usernames of Premium members. We also take requests for username changes of any member if their username contains personally identifiable information. Because player reputation is important to the integrity of the game, we do not allow any other changes to usernames. Please don't create a second account as that will just get you banned. Open a support ticket below to request a username change.

so this case would be allowed

no it wouldn't.

he is neither Premium or a username with personally identifiable information.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:29 am

in this case that would be allowed, should he also chose to upgrade to premium.
Major SirSebstar

Postby Jippd on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:14 am

SirSebstar wrote:in this case that would be allowed, should he also chose to upgrade to premium.

So if someone is freemium and upgrades to premium they are allowed to change their name? Even though his username is not offensive nor does it reveal personal information?
Major Jippd

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 am

Jippd wrote:So if someone is freemium and upgrades to premium they are allowed to change their name? Even though his username is not offensive nor does it reveal personal information?

That is the gist of the policy change, yes.
beware, its small name changes A new name should still not be a tool to cause confusion, so gruffy1 to gruffyback should be good. changing jippd to Blitzaholic2 would not be a good idea i think. just to use an example.
The policy is not something that is set in stone (as before when it was just no). Now that it is possible, someone needs to manyallg change the name in the database, so telling why you want it changed (if its more then minor) should be appreciated
Major SirSebstar

Postby Jippd on Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 pm

I know you are not the one that made the decision but I don't agree with that policy. To allow freemiums to make minor changes if they upgrade but at the same time disallowing members that are already premium to make minor changes seems a bit unfair.
Major Jippd

Postby ztodd on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:56 pm

The policy says "We take requests for minor cosmetic changes to usernames of Premium members." This would include members who were already premium.
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby Jippd on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 am

ztodd wrote:The policy says "We take requests for minor cosmetic changes to usernames of Premium members." This would include members who were already premium.

Ah okay I read it as if you upgrade to premium you can get it changed. I see now.
Major Jippd

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Jippd wrote:So if someone is freemium and upgrades to premium they are allowed to change their name? Even though his username is not offensive nor does it reveal personal information?

beware, its small name changes A new name should still not be a tool to cause confusion, so gruffy1 to gruffyback should be good. changing jippd to Blitzaholic2 would not be a good idea i think. just to use an example.
The policy is not something that is set in stone (as before when it was just no). Now that it is possible, someone needs to manyallg change the name in the database, so telling why you want it changed (if its more then minor) should be appreciated

Just FYI, minor cosmetic changes typically only include capitalization or a small typo in the original username (for example, if I had typed "blaekbowling" it would be permitted to adjust it to "blakebowling"). The change from gruffy1 to gruffyback most likely won't be allowed.
Private blakebowling

Postby fyah on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:41 pm

blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

Just FYI, minor cosmetic changes typically only include capitalization or a small typo in the original username (for example, if I had typed "blaekbowling" it would be permitted to adjust it to "blakebowling"). The change from gruffy1 to gruffyback most likely won't be allowed.

OK. I recently joined this site because I had heard of it on another site. I wasn't really planning to stick around, so I randomly typed some letters when I was asked for a user name.
But now that I'm starting to enjoy playing here, could it be possible for me to have my username changed?
It shouldn't cause confusion since I'm new.
Lieutenant fyah

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 pm

fyah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

OK. I recently joined this site because I had heard of it on another site. I wasn't really planning to stick around, so I randomly typed some letters when I was asked for a user name.
But now that I'm starting to enjoy playing here, could it be possible for me to have my username changed?

in short, no
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 pm

fyah wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

It's possible, but I'm not sure. Your best bet is to send in an eTicket (from the Help button at the top) and king achilles will assist you further.
Private blakebowling

Return to Conquer Club Discussion