Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Qwert on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:16 pm

well its look that CC declining , get topic competition in "cc inclining " Who will win this challenge?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jiminski on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:21 pm

qwert wrote:well its look that CC declining , get topic competition in "cc inclining " Who will win this challenge?

good question!
Captain jiminski

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:25 pm

qwert wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
Old members are always going to leave eventually, it's a natural circle. It's the new members who are the future of the site.

:( so its time for me to leave ? please give me just more time. new member are future, but before they come, i could stay a little more ,right?

You can stay for as long as you like...
We're gonna have a ball!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Brew City on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Getting rid of the speed games for non premium members was a bad decision and def. will make CC decline and peeps will go to the other Risk sites that are quickly gaining popularity and do offer free speed games. Victors United for example is amazing! Check it out, game play is much better and not so confusing for new players. A certain amount of speed games you could play a month sounded fair to me for non premium members. I don't play that many speed games but once and a while I like to sit down and enjoy one. Today was one of those days I wanted to use one of my speed games for the month and it took 15 mins to figure out why I couldn't! That was the straw that broke the camels back guys! Peace, I'm out!
Captain Brew City

Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin(Brew City, duh...) Algonquin for ā€œThe Good Landā€ -Alice Cooper

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Brew City wrote:Getting rid of the speed games for non premium members was a bad decision and def. will make CC decline and peeps will go to the other Risk sites that are quickly gaining popularity and do offer free speed games. Victors United for example is amazing! Check it out, game play is much better and not so confusing for new players. A certain amount of speed games you could play a month sounded fair to me for non premium members. I don't play that many speed games but once and a while I like to sit down and enjoy one. Today was one of those days I wanted to use one of my speed games for the month and it took 15 mins to figure out why I couldn't! That was the straw that broke the camels back guys! Peace, I'm out!

I agree with you that they should restore the limited free speed games. That, however, is where our agreement stops.

I had never heard of Victors United before your post, so I went to check it out. It also requires paid membership in order to play speed (ie. "lightning") games, but the paid membership there is $40, not $25 like ours. There are 424 players on the scoreboard instead of 12K. After 3 years it's still in Beta release. Game options like Fog of War require a paid membership, whereas here on CC free members can use any game option except speed. Looking through the forum, a quick glance shows numerous complaints about various bugs, server outages, and incorrect charges to people's PayPal account.

Enjoy your amazing alternative...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby OliverFA on Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 pm

It's 12,944 now. Will we see 13,000 again?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby RangerX on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:50 am

i'm relatively new here but i really like this site. i'm a long time risk player, though i haven't played in quite a while, and there are no other sites that come close to this one. if this site is in decline i'll bet the competitors are really flagging.
Corporal 1st Class RangerX

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:47 pm

RangerX wrote:i'm relatively new here but i really like this site. i'm a long time risk player, though i haven't played in quite a while, and there are no other sites that come close to this one. if this site is in decline i'll bet the competitors are really flagging.

So sayeth the horse and buggy producer, circa 1920s. :P
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby KawawangCowboy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:18 am

I signed up just last week and I love the site. I've referred any of my friends who I've played Risk with in the past. I bought premium because 4 games wasn't enough for me.

I also on occasion post on a Civilization message board. Been there since 2001 and every-single-year since then, that site has had a thread like this. As long as you have a vibrant community, as you seem to have here, you'll do fine.

Otherwise I agree with Apple. Do something to bring in new players, because some players invariably leave. But I don't think the site is struggling if you have 12-13k players really.
Private 1st Class KawawangCowboy

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:12 am

KawawangCowboy wrote:I signed up just last week and I love the site. I've referred any of my friends who I've played Risk with in the past. I bought premium because 4 games wasn't enough for me.

I also on occasion post on a Civilization message board. Been there since 2001 and every-single-year since then, that site has had a thread like this. As long as you have a vibrant community, as you seem to have here, you'll do fine.

Otherwise I agree with Apple. Do something to bring in new players, because some players invariably leave. But I don't think the site is struggling if you have 12-13k players really.

=D> =D> =D>
Colonel Armandolas

Postby KawawangCowboy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks Armandolas.

If I have anything else to say, it's that this site needs better promoting if you want more players. I've been a big Risk fan since childhood, and I would have very gladly signed up for a site like this yeaaars ago if I had ever heard of it. What brought me here was watching RealityGameMasters. I moved to the Philippines not long ago and its impossible to get a game going here, so I thought "There has to be a way online!"

I ran into a blog post, and it brought me here. If whoever's promoting this site could find a way to reach more people, I'm sure it'll bring in more people as well.
Private 1st Class KawawangCowboy

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:25 pm

KawawangCowboy wrote:Thanks Armandolas.

If I have anything else to say, it's that this site needs better promoting if you want more players. I've been a big Risk fan since childhood, and I would have very gladly signed up for a site like this yeaaars ago if I had ever heard of it. What brought me here was watching RealityGameMasters. I moved to the Philippines not long ago and its impossible to get a game going here, so I thought "There has to be a way online!"

I ran into a blog post, and it brought me here. If whoever's promoting this site could find a way to reach more people, I'm sure it'll bring in more people as well.

I think this is very true. I looked for this kind of site for awhile, and the google just didn't ever give me this site. I looked for a few days every now and then just wanting to play, and one of my friends just happened to already be playing here. It needs to be easier to find.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Wow, back up to 13,062.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:22 pm

Please change the thread title to "Is CC Ascending?"
Captain notyou2

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:04 am

Bruceswar wrote:CC biggest rival has hit a huge huge snag. I think that people will start jumping ship quick and moving to CC or other places.

Could this be a reason for the spike? CC still offers a huge amount of fun for a small fee. Hell you can barely buy a few gallons of gas now with $25.00
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Qwert on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:35 am

nahh, this its only summer increase, when summer off ,then decline will continue.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 am

qwert wrote:nahh, this its only summer increase, when summer off ,then decline will continue.

Summer has always been the slowest time for CC in general. Winter time is when CC spikes up.

13066 going up still
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Armandolas on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:CC biggest rival has hit a huge huge snag. I think that people will start jumping ship quick and moving to CC or other places.

Could this be a reason for the spike? CC still offers a huge amount of fun for a small fee. Hell you can barely buy a few gallons of gas now with $25.00

what do u mean with huge snag?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Armandolas wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

what do u mean with huge snag?

There website is broken for many people and slow for tons others. They are having issues that make their website not function well.

13151 results on 53 pages:
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Bruceswar wrote:13151 results on 53 pages:

Hopefully this trend continues, for 2 reasons.

1. It's great for the site and my enjoyment of said site.
2. Gillipig will finally have no reason to visit and can just go away.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:02 am

13192... up we go :)
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Qwert on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:17 am

and who are biggest CC rival??
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:08 am

qwert wrote:and who are biggest CC rival??

PM sent
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby fishydance on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 am

Bruceswar wrote:

PM sent

PM me as well, please
Colonel fishydance
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:14 am

fishydance wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

PM sent

PM me as well, please

Incoming :) 13,205!
Corporal Bruceswar

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion