Conquer Club

How many players use clans?

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How many players use clans?

Postby jackal31 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:24 pm

I have to agree with Shannon a little bit there too. I joined THOTA in 2009 also, and it was at that time when I started to learn the importance of discussing turns and "planning" team games. I would say now, I talk in all my "social" team games and my clan games are far more chat filled. Night and day difference from before my clan world experiences.

On another note, if Blitz were here he would want to share how much bigger his ..... clan posting is......than any of yours. THOTA, though retired (and having only posted maybe a total of 50 times during that time) is at over 18.5k posts.

Also, Forza ran the Premier League which zips and I won in 2009 and I still think that is one of the best tourney wins I have. It was a well run and long tournament. Even being a doubles tourney, it seems all the tourneys in place now are not as lengthy as they used to be.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby Foxglove on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Dako wrote:
Lindax wrote:TLO!
Lx

They were wonderful! It's good that you experiment with the format, but previous editions were great. If you ever run another TLO I am sure many clans will join and will offer help organizing the event. And I know what it feels to be a decision maker, all hard to be the one to get the ball rolling. But I doubt people have problems with that - it's your tournament in the end, so you are the boss. Just keep it that way, you will see that many many teams will join.

Yes, this!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby jetsetwilly on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:44 am

I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

However, to pick up on Shannon's point, I wouldn't get involved without some sort of commitment from all the players entering to provide regular team chat. Clan life spoils you in that regard and I don't enjoy games that don't include it.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Arama86n on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:54 am

jetsetwilly wrote:I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

However, to pick up on Shannon's point, I wouldn't get involved without some sort of commitment from all the players entering to provide regular team chat. Clan life spoils you in that regard and I don't enjoy games that don't include it.

Off the top of my head a quick thought in answer to your and Foxy's point: If you would like to see a large team tourney where people don't sign up with their clan-mates that could ofc just be written into the rules. That the team of 8 must consist of no two players from the same clan, or only two players from the same clan or so forth.

But I don't think it's strange to want to play such tournaments with clan-mates. I for example have only been in TOFU for 7-8 months, I definitely don't feel I have had the time to get to know all my clan-mates as much as I'd like on the field, and any such tournament is a chance to play more with the clan I've chosen to be a part of.
That said, I'm not saying a non-clan big-team tourney would be a bad thing, might even be refreshing.

Willy, Foxy, get to work :) Put those brilliant minds to work and bring us the tourney to put all other tourneys to shame. I have no doubt you are capable. :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:51 pm

I know many players like to play together with different/outside own clan players.Ive recently made a challenge in callouts with 8 players that decided to join.We played alot of quads together and against and for me it was a delightfull experience and i think (hopefully) everyone enjoyed. I met a bit better some great players and games were really fun.

I guess some just dont bother the risk of playing in the team of that guy who does not even read chat and plays carelessly just because he writes "im in " in every tournament thread, without even looking at the tourney itself. I can include myself in this list, not because i think im good but just because it ruins my gameplay experience.
So people sometimes join teamtournaments with member of their own clan, of whom they rely, but then it becomes a bit boring because those are the guys that you play together in clanevents every week.

The question is not who has nice ideias to provide a great team tournament experience but from that people , who has time to do that?... because it requires a lot of commitement.

Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby chemefreak on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 pm

freakns wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:So...how many CC players are directly involved in a clan?

And how many of those are active?

I wonder if we could make the clan world more accessible?

IMO, clan world is what makes CC running. most of hard core players are here mostly because of clans.
now, how to make it more accessible? for start, clan directors should use their heads. now, we know that aint happening, then bring back flame wars. right now we are having threads thats closed if everyone isnt shouting "omg, you are so great", "no, no, you are", "no way, your clan is the best", "maybe second best because yours clan rules"
and when someone colorful as eddie comes along, he gets banned. im not sure how is that accessible...
let ppl talk. you want to talk shit? fine, do it, but dont go running to Lee when you are butthurt. stick your dick when your mouth are(errr... not sure if this is correct phrase... why would i stick my dick into pudding? *confused*)

Where else on this site an a fucking illiterate twit like this express his true feelings? Hell, this post didn't even get reported in Clans. I submit that flame wars never really went away it just migrated here. Clans is where it is at!

Tournaments have their own Tab. They are and always will be the darling of this site. Any person colored yellow can say anything they want, anytime they want, in any forum they want and nothing is ever done. So why are they here touting their department? Because the clan world is fucking awesome. You lose a tournament? Who gives a shit, there are hundreds of them. 1v1 on Arms Race? Lost the first fifty times you tried...don't despair, someone will host another. Lost a clan war? Good luck getting another shot at that same clan. The games mean something. It is the only place on this site where this is true.

Eddie was banned by the site, not the CDs. If you have a problem with the punishment, go to someone wearing red colors.

Lindax Forever.

ChemE out.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

Arama86n wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:I love the idea of a tournament which encourages a mixture of players from different clans being given the opportunity to play together. Each clan enters a fixed number of players who are then randomly teamed together. A great way to get to know people outside of your regular circle.

Off the top of my head a quick thought in answer to your and Foxy's point: If you would like to see a large team tourney where people don't sign up with their clan-mates that could ofc just be written into the rules. That the team of 8 must consist of no two players from the same clan, or only two players from the same clan or so forth.

But I don't think it's strange to want to play such tournaments with clan-mates. I for example have only been in TOFU for 7-8 months, I definitely don't feel I have had the time to get to know all my clan-mates as much as I'd like on the field, and any such tournament is a chance to play more with the clan I've chosen to be a part of.
That said, I'm not saying a non-clan big-team tourney would be a bad thing, might even be refreshing.

Willy, Foxy, get to work :) Put those brilliant minds to work and bring us the tourney to put all other tourneys to shame. I have no doubt you are capable. :)

Don't get me wrong, all the tournaments I play are with clan mates. I just like the idea of the random teaming up of players from different clans too. I'm less keen on an option that gets you to build a mixed clan team in advance. That is more likely to get you teams of old friends playing together.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:48 am

Armandolas wrote:I know many players like to play together with different/outside own clan players.Ive recently made a challenge in callouts with 8 players that decided to join.We played alot of quads together and against and for me it was a delightfull experience and i think (hopefully) everyone enjoyed. I met a bit better some great players and games were really fun.

I guess some just dont bother the risk of playing in the team of that guy who does not even read chat and plays carelessly just because he writes "im in " in every tournament thread, without even looking at the tourney itself. I can include myself in this list, not because i think im good but just because it ruins my gameplay experience.
So people sometimes join teamtournaments with member of their own clan, of whom they rely, but then it becomes a bit boring because those are the guys that you play together in clanevents every week.

The question is not who has nice ideias to provide a great team tournament experience but from that people , who has time to do that?... because it requires a lot of commitement.

Cheers

I was one of those players and that was a hell of a lot of fun. I got to play with people that I otherwise never would have teamed with. I would love to do something like that again at some point.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Previous

Return to Clan Archives