Conquer Club

"Rematch" Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

"Rematch" Button

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Hello, Hello!

As many of you have so discovered, Conquer Club is now flaunting a dandy "REMATCH" button! We're excited to have it, and an announcement was going to be here earlier (barring that my computer didn't bonk out the night of the update!), but alas, here we are. Let's talk about it:

• The Rematch button will create an identical game with the same settings as the game that you are clicking "Rematch" for
  • Upon creating the game, the system will ask if you'd like to send out invites for the game! Clicking "Yes" will then create and send an invitation to everyone that was in the game that had been originally cloned.
  • As some of you have discovered, there is a bug/unintended loophole concerning the rematch button to create games on Battle Royales and Closed Maps. I request that you DO NOT join or create any of these games. They will be promptly deleted and exploiting bugs is against site rules! Yikes!

I appreciate your cooperation in the matter to not exploit the bug (as tempting as that may be) and ask that you report any wrongdoing's either in this thread or via a message to any Moderator or myself. Thank you all for your time! I'll keep you updated as this gets fixed. In the meantime, best of luck in your games! Thanks,

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: "Rematch" Button

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 pm

it also won't invite everyone if 1 of the players has left the site.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby CafeT on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:36 pm

thanks for this new, convenient feature!

suggestion: order the players the same as the original game so everyone stays the same color. for example, if i'm the second player but click the rematch button, i'm still green in the new game.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Okay, seriously rds, what's the big deal with players taking advantage of the loophole to have some have fun creating games while you guys sort out the bug? Despite a good 3 hours of strong effort on my part to fill the games I had up earlier, I could only fill one Doodle early on and the rest never came anywhere close to getting filled.

I really believe that the rules, regulations, needlessly coming down on people for having a little fun, etc. that the previous regime did is one of the two major reasons why CC has been going downhill for years, lack of updates being the other which you guys have at least been putting a weak effort into fixing. I had hopes with a new owner and you in charge that this would have changed and came back to give the site another shot for 3 months, but I have to say it's rather disappointing to see the police state continuing and I'm strongly considering not continuing with my premium when it expires in August because of it. It says a lot to the state of CC that despite my advertising the BR games on everyone's wall earlier, I could only get one Doodle game going. I'd really like to see CC turn things around and become the site it once was, but pulling moves like this threat to people for having a little fun really works against the site.

Just my 0.02 worth...
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Okay, seriously rds, what's the big deal with players taking advantage of the loophole to have some have fun creating games while you guys sort out the bug? Despite a good 3 hours of strong effort on my part to fill the games I had up earlier, I could only fill one Doodle early on and the rest never came anywhere close to getting filled.

I really believe that the rules, regulations, needlessly coming down on people for having a little fun, etc. that the previous regime did is one of the two major reasons why CC has been going downhill for years, lack of updates being the other which you guys have at least been putting a weak effort into fixing. I had hopes with a new owner and you in charge that this would have changed and came back to give the site another shot for 3 months, but I have to say it's rather disappointing to see the police state continuing and I'm strongly considering not continuing with my premium when it expires in August because of it. It says a lot to the state of CC that despite my advertising the BR games on everyone's wall earlier, I could only get one Doodle game going. I'd really like to see CC turn things around and become the site it once was, but pulling moves like this threat to people for having a little fun really works against the site.

Just my 0.02 worth...

Here is the thing. You CAN join a Battle Royale, just once a month. That is a feature of premium membership.

HOWEVER, if you want to start a suggestion about something like Speed Battle Royales, and what that would entail, I would actually consider that... :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm

The bug with closed maps and Battle Royales has been fixed.
Private blakebowling

Postby Lindax on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:DO NOT join or create any of these games. They will be promptly deleted and exploiting bugs is against site rules![/list]

BMO[/size]

That's really funny. I can't find any rule on this site prohibiting "exploiting bugs". It's not even a bug, it's an oversight on your part.

You guys screw up and than have the audacity to prohibit the use a feature that you implemented without proper research/testing/announcement? Putting the blame on the paying customer?

This keeps getting better and better. If this was my business heads would roll.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Caymanmew on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:42 pm

blakebowling wrote:The bug with closed maps and Battle Royales has been fixed.

dammit missed my chance by a few hours :(
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Lindax wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:DO NOT join or create any of these games. They will be promptly deleted and exploiting bugs is against site rules![/list]

BMO[/size]

That's really funny. I can't find any rule on this site prohibiting "exploiting bugs". It's not even a bug, it's an oversight on your part.

You guys screw up and than have the audacity to prohibit the use a feature that you implemented without proper research/testing/announcement? Putting the blame on the paying customer?

Lx

+1
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Lindax wrote:

BMO[/size]

Lx

+1

+2
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 am

Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 am

Lindax wrote:

BMO[/size]

It is a bug. As for the rule, you are technically correct that there isn't a rule that directly cites "exploiting bugs." However, there are general rules that cover this situation. I think the most prescient, though, is simply that "common sense prevails."

Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

For those of you smart enough to figure out that this was (obviously) unintended, again, common sense would tell you that you aren't supposed to go creating a bunch of those games. In my experience, CC has consistently enforced this rule when it comes to bug exploitation. It's happened during several other feature implementations as users found bugs.

A lot of users finding bugs, do it by creating a "test" game and then reporting it to the moderators. I have not seen users who do this get in any sort of trouble at all.

But some users think that any exploit they find is fair game and proceed to take as much advantage of it as possible. Those are the users that end up getting punished.

Fortunately, CC doesn't have quite the Draconian leadership that some imagine (and a few hint at above). The first warning for bug exploitation is just that ... a warning. For those people that may not be familiar with the Bug Report forum, the C&A forum or other parts of the site where this is discussed, they are informed directly by a moderator with a warning not to do it again. I find it very hard to see where this specter of heavy-handedness comes from given that system.

I agree that some more thought probably could have prevented this from even being an issue. But to paint the people who tried to get free or additional access to the paid content of the site as martyrs or Robin Hoods is going a bit too far.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 am

Bruceswar wrote:
Lindax wrote:

BMO[/size]

Lx

+1

+ another
+ several others on behalf of like-minded players

In theory, this is an update that, now the 'oversight' has been fixed, is unlikely to cause any mayhem.

However, I'm sure most of the community would refer old updates to have their 'oversights' fixed before we have more features (and if we do have more features, then the map foundry still have a long queue of requests outstanding for years, and the clan community could do with a clan tab like the tournament tab).

Isn't it common sense to fix old 'oversights' before creating new ones?

Examples of features with unfixed oversights:

Freestyle 'loophole' 'fix' - this created a deliberate miss turn loophole to replace the original loophole. This can be closed by the code recognising a miss turn player as the person who played last in the previous round.

Problem with round limits being reached and incorrect winner declared ( ' deadbeater won the game on round limit ' ).

One more thing: next time we get a feature it would be cool to not have an oversight.

And, when it comes to heads rolling, the volunteers can just have a little wobble while we watch any paid heads roll all the way down a very long hill, ...

... with a cliff at the bottom.

;-)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 am

MUAHAHAHA! My game filled!
Major D00MandD3A7H

Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:48 am

great idea, only wish that if you are "rematching" a private game , it also keeps it private...had 2 noobs join due to inviteeeees dropping....uggg
Lieutenant Mageplunka69

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 am

agentcom wrote:
Lindax wrote:

BMO[/size]

It is a bug. As for the rule, you are technically correct that there isn't a rule that directly cites "exploiting bugs." However, there are general rules that cover this situation. I think the most prescient, though, is simply that "common sense prevails."

Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

For those of you smart enough to figure out that this was (obviously) unintended, again, common sense would tell you that you aren't supposed to go creating a bunch of those games. In my experience, CC has consistently enforced this rule when it comes to bug exploitation. It's happened during several other feature implementations as users found bugs.

A lot of users finding bugs, do it by creating a "test" game and then reporting it to the moderators. I have not seen users who do this get in any sort of trouble at all.

But some users think that any exploit they find is fair game and proceed to take as much advantage of it as possible. Those are the users that end up getting punished.

Fortunately, CC doesn't have quite the Draconian leadership that some imagine (and a few hint at above). The first warning for bug exploitation is just that ... a warning. For those people that may not be familiar with the Bug Report forum, the C&A forum or other parts of the site where this is discussed, they are informed directly by a moderator with a warning not to do it again. I find it very hard to see where this specter of heavy-handedness comes from given that system.

I agree that some more thought probably could have prevented this from even being an issue. But to paint the people who tried to get free or additional access to the paid content of the site as martyrs or Robin Hoods is going a bit too far.

I agree with the sentiment that common sense should prevail. However, it sounded like people were being threatened with bans, and loss of their premium membership. It was the tone of the post that got people going here.

You have to also see it from their point of view. People are not always as sensible as we'd like them to be and they do stupid things. They should simply lose points for deleted games, as they would do had they lost them. That would deter them from doing the same in the future. Someone who created a shitload would have a problem then. :lol:

My two cents.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Butters1919 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 am

agentcom wrote:It is a bug. As for the rule, you are technically correct that there isn't a rule that directly cites "exploiting bugs." However, there are general rules that cover this situation. I think the most prescient, though, is simply that "common sense prevails."

Whilst I agree with all of this and understand why the BR's are to be kept as a "special game", I think that the moderators should have perhaps left the created games open and allowed them to finish. Then simply prevent further games from being created.

If there is anything to be taken from this, it's that people certainly would enjoy more variance in the BR games (ie, different maps)!

And yes, I fully expect this to be followed by the standard reply: "We understand this are are working on adding this in the future!"

Right...
Cook Butters1919

Postby Wingnut 16ga on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:44 am

Back to the Button...love it...thanks for creating it!
Cook Wingnut 16ga

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:great idea, only wish that if you are "rematching" a private game , it also keeps it private...had 2 noobs join due to inviteeeees dropping....uggg

Also this!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Mageplunka69 wrote:great idea, only wish that if you are "rematching" a private game , it also keeps it private...had 2 noobs join due to inviteeeees dropping....uggg

Also this!

We'll look into it -- that makes sense! To clear up some thread angst, no, no one was threatened with a ban or loss of premium membership. I had only ever asked and, bug being fixed, am thankful for everyone that cooperated. There won't be bannings or anything of the sort -- I don't know that I wouldn't have tried it myself being in your guys' shoes!

I do have to delete any games that come up as a part of this, so excuse my tone! Please enjoy this feature as intended now! I'll be sending any suggestions to the development team. Thanks, everyone!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby agentcom on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:16 am

DJ Teflon wrote:

However, I'm sure most of the community would refer old updates to have their 'oversights' fixed before we have more features (and if we do have more features, then the map foundry still have a long queue of requests outstanding for years, and the clan community could do with a clan tab like the tournament tab).

Isn't it common sense to fix old 'oversights' before creating new ones?

One more thing: next time we get a feature it would be cool to not have an oversight.Examples of features with unfixed oversights:

DJ, I definitely agree with you on that. What I've been told and what's been said in other announcements is that the person working on one update may be different from the person working on another. So, that's the official line, and that's what I'll say here :) But the prioritization of updates (and "update fixing") is an issue that has caused no small amount of discussion among our team. I have hope that it will be fixed, otherwise you wouldn't see my name in color.

Shannon Apple wrote:
I agree with the sentiment that common sense should prevail. However, it sounded like people were being threatened with bans, and loss of their premium membership. It was the tone of the post that got people going here.

... They should simply lose points for deleted games, as they would do had they lost them. ...

Looks like RDS confirmed that the "punishments" for these aren't going to be severe, if there are any at all (pretty much what I was saying ;) ). As for the point loss idea: CC has historically avoided messing around with the points as a form of punishment.

rdsrds2120 wrote:
... I don't know that I wouldn't have tried it myself being in your guys' shoes!

Tell me about it ;)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:39 am

So after a long absence I return to CC. Sadly I find that the site is greatly diminished. Less players, less new players. Now there are threats based on lies. The rules state exploiting bugs.... Eh? WTF. Where in the rules? If the site is updated, and the update isn't tested/de bugged, then fix it. Don't punish paying customers for your lack of foresight. How would people know that they were exploiting a bug if they pressed the button in a "non" approved fashion and the button approved their action? Jd has CLEARLY stated else where that this has been bug tested. There for until the button is changed we have it on Jd's word that the button functions as the site intends it to.

If your going to change the rules and start threatening punishment for something that non fora frequenters would not know is a bug, you need to get your hands from their current warm spot. Put your hands back on your keyboard and send a pm to all on site, clearly explaining your mistake. Explaining that using a current function is against the rules, and detailing exact penalties....

Is it too much to ask for some timely up to date news and an explanation on new features. Why not put a "BETA" tag on new roll outs and site changes until you have them working properly? Wouldn't that be much nicer than acting like a sad petty officious prig that has never gotten over being bullied as a child. :roll: Sorry have been reading way to much psychology, I should not be trying to address your inner child, rather I should be even more direct in addressing the bully you've become.

Naturally I could be over reacting and what I read as threats may well be the loving promises of a truly caring person. A truly caring person maybe trying to tell their first joke? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corporal BoganGod

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:51 am

As has already been mentioned, this needs to be altered so that players are the same colour. I was part of team 2 in a triples and team 1 asked for a rematch so I clicked the button. It swapped me (pink) and red so the teams were mixed up. Completely pointless really, I'll just go re-make the game and send the invites manually, which isn't a problem, but defeats the purpose of having a rematch button.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:47 am

BoganGod wrote:So after a long absence I return to CC. Sadly I find that the site is greatly diminished. Less players, less new players. Now there are threats based on lies. The rules state exploiting bugs.... Eh? WTF. Where in the rules? If the site is updated, and the update isn't tested/de bugged, then fix it. Don't punish paying customers for your lack of foresight. How would people know that they were exploiting a bug if they pressed the button in a "non" approved fashion and the button approved their action? Jd has CLEARLY stated else where that this has been bug tested. There for until the button is changed we have it on Jd's word that the button functions as the site intends it to.

If your going to change the rules and start threatening punishment for something that non fora frequenters would not know is a bug, you need to get your hands from their current warm spot. Put your hands back on your keyboard and send a pm to all on site, clearly explaining your mistake. Explaining that using a current function is against the rules, and detailing exact penalties....

Is it too much to ask for some timely up to date news and an explanation on new features. Why not put a "BETA" tag on new roll outs and site changes until you have them working properly? Wouldn't that be much nicer than acting like a sad petty officious prig that has never gotten over being bullied as a child. :roll: Sorry have been reading way to much psychology, I should not be trying to address your inner child, rather I should be even more direct in addressing the bully you've become.

Naturally I could be over reacting and what I read as threats may well be the loving promises of a truly caring person. A truly caring person maybe trying to tell their first joke? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it might have sounded hostile from all of the Mods who were trying to get the community to not start these games, but no one will be punished for this. We are going to let it go, the Rematch button has been improved now. I do see everyone's point though, through a paying member's view, as in this was a feature un-explained at first, and it brings intrest back into the site.

But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Shino Tenshi on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:00 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

And yet you, JD, continually begged another player and myself to unfoe you, so you could join the BR games :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mods say as mods do? What a joke
Captain Shino Tenshi

Next

Return to Announcement Archives