Conquer Club

A (likely) farewell thread.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

A (likely) farewell thread.

Postby Butters1919 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Here is a slightly edited message I recently sent to BMO:

I set up clones of previous battle royale's and you killed them. They were almost full, suggesting your paying members want them, including me.

Why kill what your paying members want?

I may be done with this site. The new leadership seems unwilling to engage in even discussion with what the revenue stream wants. In addition, you've f***d up pay in tournaments (conquer cup 5), you've f****d up non pay-in tourneys (havoc boards) by inviting hoards of inactive members... what's next?

You opened up a "updates tracking thread". Thanks for keeping that up do date.

Signed, a disgruntled paying customer.
Cook Butters1919

Re: A (likely) farewell thread.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm

See ya butters. I was looking forward to giving you a Brazilian Whacks.
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Butters1919 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm not going anywhere...

But I'm disappointed.
Cook Butters1919

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am

I thought we ended up being fairly cordial at the end of it all. I personally hope that you stay!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby TeeGee on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 am

Would be a shame to lose a member of your calibre

Maybe you need to head to the suggestions forums and suggest we make BR's more regularly available? The community is not without voice, but unless it's in the appropriate section of the forum, it is more than likely going to go unnoticed. I suggest you make the thread and gather the support of the masses. let the powers that be know what you want.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

Come on butters, join my side, team Gillipig vs CC :twisted:
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm not going anywhere. That was a rant of anger that should have been allowed to chill for an evening!

Gillipig, your side is the least appealing side available.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 pm

TeeGee wrote:Would be a shame to lose a member of your calibre

Maybe you need to head to the suggestions forums and suggest we make BR's more regularly available? The community is not without voice, but unless it's in the appropriate section of the forum, it is more than likely going to go unnoticed. I suggest you make the thread and gather the support of the masses. let the powers that be know what you want.

You mean the forum where there is a suggestion that has had significant community support and has been an accepted change to be made for more than seven years but hasn't been implemented yet? I'm afraid that forum supports what Butters is referring to, rather than being a method to correct it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:

You mean the forum where there is a suggestion that has had significant community support and has been an accepted change to be made for more than seven years but hasn't been implemented yet? I'm afraid that forum supports what Butters is referring to, rather than being a method to correct it.

You mean the elusive Mystery Suggestion that you repeatedly refer to but never identify, despite me having asked you for clarification on at least half a dozen occasions? I'm starting to think this suggestion is as elusive as the Abominable Snowman. and the Loch Ness Monster.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Butters1919 wrote:I'm not going anywhere. That was a rant of anger that should have been allowed to chill for an evening!

Gillipig, your side is the least appealing side available.

You say that now but soon darkness will grab you, and then, then little butterman, you will see the appeal of team Gillipig's ideals. In the end you will be begging me, begging me to let you join my side.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby nàme on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:32 pm

The thing that makes Battle Royales special is that they are rare. Personally, I think they made too many last time they did it, despite me participating in many and even winning one. The person who won the first ever Battle Royale must have felt really special, and he is, because he was the only one and it was the first. Now, it's not so exclusive anymore. To be able to make them at will would destroy the purpose, especially if it was left exclusive to those who were in the game.
Major nàme

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm

nàme wrote:The thing that makes Battle Royales special is that they are rare. Personally, I think they made too many last time they did it, despite me participating in many and even winning one. The person who won the first ever Battle Royale must have felt really special, and he is, because he was the only one and it was the first. Now, it's not so exclusive anymore. To be able to make them at will would destroy the purpose, especially if it was left exclusive to those who were in the game.

I agree with this. The reason why people love them, is because they are rare. Being able to play an unlimited of them will just make the Conqueror's title more useless then it is, same with actually obtaining a good rank.

What would you suggest happen for the anniversary? Can't really do BR's, because, people can play them anytime they want. My creative imagination isn't that amazing, but I can't really think of anything.

And it's not like this is the first time they deleted games created through a "loophole". Users created games on closed maps a few years ago, and any that were up were deleted.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

You mean the elusive Mystery Suggestion that you repeatedly refer to but never identify, despite me having asked you for clarification on at least half a dozen occasions? I'm starting to think this suggestion is as elusive as the Abominable Snowman. and the Loch Ness Monster.

Yeah don't worry, Woodruff tends to leave out details. A lot of details. :roll:
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and call you a liar (perhaps you'd like to prove me wrong?), because I'm always more than happy to point it out. Here you go:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=73328
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:33 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Yeah don't worry, Woodruff tends to leave out details. A lot of details. :roll:

f*ck you.

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and call you a liar (perhaps you'd like to prove me wrong?), because I'm always more than happy to point it out. Here you go:

Thanks for the link. It's a "meh" suggestion to me. Nothing wrong with it, but unimportant. I think if you have so many foes that you don't remember who they are, you might consider changing your criteria.

And here was your first opportunity to have enlightened me: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=45#p3095413

And here's your most recent: http://conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180526#p3944055

Okay, so maybe I didn't explicitly ask for the name of the suggestion, but there was very obviously an unspoken invitation for you to spill the beans, and in both instances you just left it hanging there as a big mystery.

I think there were other occassions too, but I can't find them, so I'll leave it with those two examples.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Thanks for the link. It's a "meh" suggestion to me. Nothing wrong with it, but unimportant. I think if you have so many foes that you don't remember who they are, you might consider changing your criteria.

My "criteria" are those who are in the Cheating & Abuse forum and found guilty of various behavior (whether it is abuse in the game or abuse of other players or whatever). Those are people I am not interested in playing. I guess I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on that one, because I definitely don't think your statement is a valid one. Never mind the fact that it goes against the whole "foe and move on" suggestion that we CONSTANTLY HEAR ON THIS SITE. "Foe and move on" simply does not work without that being fixed.

Dukasaur wrote:And here was your first opportunity to have enlightened me: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=45#p3095413

And here's your most recent: http://conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180526#p3944055

Okay, so maybe I didn't explicitly ask for the name of the suggestion, but there was very obviously an unspoken invitation for you to spill the beans, and in both instances you just left it hanging there as a big mystery.

Truthfully, I don't see where you even sort of vaguely hinted at wanting to know what the thread was. You didn't really seem to care. So I really don't see how you find either of those to be justification for your statement at all.

Dukasaur wrote:I think there were other occassions too, but I can't find them, so I'll leave it with those two examples.

Thank you for proving my point.

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

My "criteria" are those who are in the Cheating & Abuse forum and found guilty of various behavior (whether it is abuse in the game or abuse of other players or whatever). Those are people I am not interested in playing. I guess I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on that one, because I definitely don't think your statement is a valid one. Never mind the fact that it goes against the whole "foe and move on" suggestion that we CONSTANTLY HEAR ON THIS SITE. "Foe and move on" simply does not work without that being fixed.

Dukasaur wrote:And here was your first opportunity to have enlightened me: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615&start=45#p3095413

Truthfully, I don't see where you even sort of vaguely hinted at wanting to know what the thread was. You didn't really seem to care. So I really don't see how you find either of those to be justification for your statement at all.

Dukasaur wrote:I think there were other occassions too, but I can't find them, so I'll leave it with those two examples.

Thank you for proving my point.

I agree with both sides.. it's not that big of a deal suggestion, but I think it's a good one... and researching players in a game you want to join to make sure they aren't foed by you does seem a bit silly... great, you foed someone, but you can still find yourself in a game with them, sorta lame...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Woodruff on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:45 pm

rhp 1 wrote:I agree with both sides.. it's not that big of a deal suggestion, but I think it's a good one... and researching players in a game you want to join to make sure they aren't foed by you does seem a bit silly... great, you foed someone, but you can still find yourself in a game with them, sorta lame...

My real point, of course, is that whether someone agrees with the suggestion or not, it's been ACCEPTED SINCE 2006...and not yet implemented despite a lot of support for it. How that can be seen as not a problem is beyond me.

Re: A (likely) farewell thread. NOT!!

Postby owenshooter on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:16 am

i just came back to this thread... pining for one of my favorite players i has assumed had been lost to the site forever... looking to read over his final words and remember the good times... shock and awe, he is online!!! HUZZAH!!! the black jesus is rejoicing!!! the black jesus has spoken.-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: A (likely) farewell thread. NOT!!

Postby Butters1919 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:40 pm

owenshooter wrote:i just came back to this thread... pining for one of my favorite players i has assumed had been lost to the site forever... looking to read over his final words and remember the good times... shock and awe, he is online!!! HUZZAH!!! the black jesus is rejoicing!!! the black jesus has spoken.-el Jesus negro

the black jesus has wasted his time digging through a pile of useless threads on a site visited by less than 12,000 people per day to bump this. yes, i'm still here. has this site annoyed me from time to time? sure. enough to post a rant? yup. enough to stop paying to enjoy the site? nope.

and how can i be one of your "favorite players"? we've never even played a game together.
Last edited by Butters1919 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cook Butters1919

Postby jefjef on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:43 am

This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Return to Conquer Club Discussion