Conquer Club

"Rematch" Button

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "Rematch" Button

Postby Robespierre__ on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks for this. We all appreciate all the efforts to make the site even better than it already is.

Don't hate guys. We get a lot for what little we pay.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

Shino Tenshi wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

And yet you, JD, continually begged another player and myself to unfoe you, so you could join the BR games :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mods say as mods do? What a joke

Beg? Lol I just PM's Tannari... And he thought I had both of you foed. Lol. :lol:

I can take a flame. At least I can keep my hands off the foe button for someone who makes me mad... Nice one Genius =D>

Sorry you have a personal hate for me, but please don't compare me to any other moderator, as we are all different.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 pm

Robespierre__ wrote:Thanks for this. We all appreciate all the efforts to make the site even better than it already is.

Robes

+1

Bottom line is: it's still a great website.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Wingnut 16ga on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:16 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Robespierre__ wrote:Thanks for this. We all appreciate all the efforts to make the site even better than it already is.

Robes

+1
+2
Bottom line is: it's still a great website.
Cook Wingnut 16ga

Postby on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Can we get Battle Royal games on other maps besides Colosseum?
Captain

Postby on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:As has already been mentioned, this needs to be altered so that players are the same colour. I was part of team 2 in a triples and team 1 asked for a rematch so I clicked the button. It swapped me (pink) and red so the teams were mixed up. Completely pointless really, I'll just go re-make the game and send the invites manually, which isn't a problem, but defeats the purpose of having a rematch button.

hopefully the programmers can work this out
Captain

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 pm

∞ wrote:Can we get Battle Royal games on other maps besides Colosseum?

If I understand correctly, dolomite is currently working on it. Hopefully witthin 2-3 months we'll have another Battle Royale specific map that will handle up to 26 players.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
∞ wrote:Can we get Battle Royal games on other maps besides Colosseum?

If I understand correctly, dolomite is currently working on it. Hopefully witthin 2-3 months we'll have another Battle Royale specific map that will handle up to 26 players.

And it will be to where you are not eliminated on round 1! :D
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby agentcom on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:As has already been mentioned, this needs to be altered so that players are the same colour. I was part of team 2 in a triples and team 1 asked for a rematch so I clicked the button. It swapped me (pink) and red so the teams were mixed up. Completely pointless really, I'll just go re-make the game and send the invites manually, which isn't a problem, but defeats the purpose of having a rematch button.

Just so this doesn't get lost amid the other discussion going on here. I'll e-mail this to admin as well. Nice catch.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Fugitive_Bill on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!
Cook Fugitive_Bill

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
But as agentcom has said,

agentcom wrote:Common sense would tell you that the games that are limited to once a month games for premium players only (and some special events) was not meant to be circumvented by this new feature. How could one possibly think that this feature was intended to create unlimited BRs? It boggles the mind how many people could possibly think that this was some sort of intended part of this update.

Decent programmers have to think of everything, and the mistake was lame, was one that any programmer must foresee. Murphy's law.

And when you test something, you don't only use it the way it's supposed to be used, you use it anyway you can, you try to break it, bend it anything.

So if agentcom is the authority in this matters, I will have to laugh a little bit more.. cause that's lame.

I gotta be honest though, it's possible the "beta testing" by the mods can be used by the programmer as way to avoid responsibility. If the programmer is said by El_Jefe: "ok, do your job, don't worry for testing I will provide lemmings to do it", then he could easily say "hey, they said it was going to be tested. testing is not my job". Still, the mistake was lame and it's one that shouldn't occur if you do simple validations.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:43 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
But as agentcom has said,

Decent programmers have to think of everything, and the mistake was lame, was one that any programmer must foresee. Murphy's law.

And when you test something, you don't only use it the way it's supposed to be used, you use it anyway you can, you try to break it, bend it anything.

So if agentcom is the authority in this matters, I will have to laugh a little bit more.. cause that's lame.

I gotta be honest though, it's possible the "beta testing" by the mods can be used by the programmer as way to avoid responsibility. If the programmer is said by El_Jefe: "ok, do your job, don't worry for testing I will provide lemmings to do it", then he could easily say "hey, they said it was going to be tested. testing is not my job". Still, the mistake was lame and it's one that shouldn't occur if you do simple validations.

The Beta Testers had no knowledge of the update though. Honestly I thought we were still in the workings of it... But everything is good now. I believe after this incident we will be more careful when new things come out.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 pm

"Beta Testers" is still, well, in Beta! We're getting more testers and some updates were in development before the group came to be. No one's saying that this update didn't have it's flaws, but it's all fixed now and that's what's important.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby nietzsche on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:37 pm

What is important is that everyone pays attention to me.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby BoganGod on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:56 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:"Beta Testers" is still, well, in Beta! We're getting more testers and some updates were in development before the group came to be. No one's saying that this update didn't have it's flaws, but it's all fixed now and that's what's important.

BMO

Yes and no. What is important is that a) this type of balls up doesn't happen again. b) mods/admin pull their heads in with their fascist threats. Don't threaten users because you made a mistake. Super lame, super puerile, fraudulent way to treat paying customers
IF YOU DON'T LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, WE THE USERS ARE DOOMED TO DEAL WITH REPEATS OF THE SAME.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm

As iterated, no one was threatened, but merely asked not to participate in the bugs!

BMO

Postby BoganGod on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:As iterated, no one was threatened, but merely asked not to participate in the bugs!

BMO

As clearly noted, and quoted in other parts of this thread.There were threats made. There should have been no bugs....... Rather than attempting to whitewash and rewrite history, wouldn't it be super to put your hand up. Say "hey mistakes have been made, we acknowledge our poor handling of some aspects of this roll out. Please accept our apologies, and lets move forward."

If you can't admit that you made a mistake, then you can't learn. :roll:

Please tell me if anything about my post is difficult to understand. English is not my first language, maybe it is not your first language either rd.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:38 am

Fugitive_Bill wrote:Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!

It used to be that BR's were alny part of some kind of celebration and outside those there were NO br's.
Now we still have those br's but in addition we also have the regular br's of which you can join one a month
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:37 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
Fugitive_Bill wrote:Just out of interest (I guess I should research it however...) why are we only allowed to play 1 game of 'Battle Royale' per month anyway?
B!LL!

It used to be that BR's were alny part of some kind of celebration and outside those there were NO br's.
Now we still have those br's but in addition we also have the regular br's of which you can join one a month

And soon, the maps will change to not be just Colosseum! =)

BMO

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:
B!LL!

And soon, the maps will change to not be just Colosseum! =)

BMO

Very much looking forward to playing dolomite's Homeworld's map :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Sey69 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Teflon Kris wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Lindax wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:DO NOT join or create any of these games. They will be promptly deleted and exploiting bugs is against site rules![/list]

BMO[/size]

That's really funny. I can't find any rule on this site prohibiting "exploiting bugs". It's not even a bug, it's an oversight on your part.

You guys screw up and than have the audacity to prohibit the use a feature that you implemented without proper research/testing/announcement? Putting the blame on the paying customer?

This keeps getting better and better. If this was my business heads would roll.

Lx

+1

+ another
+ several others on behalf of like-minded players

In theory, this is an update that, now the 'oversight' has been fixed, is unlikely to cause any mayhem.

However, I'm sure most of the community would refer old updates to have their 'oversights' fixed before we have more features (and if we do have more features, then the map foundry still have a long queue of requests outstanding for years, and the clan community could do with a clan tab like the tournament tab).

Isn't it common sense to fix old 'oversights' before creating new ones?

Examples of features with unfixed oversights:

Freestyle 'loophole' 'fix' - this created a deliberate miss turn loophole to replace the original loophole. This can be closed by the code recognising a miss turn player as the person who played last in the previous round.

Problem with round limits being reached and incorrect winner declared ( ' deadbeater won the game on round limit ' ).

One more thing: next time we get a feature it would be cool to not have an oversight.

And, when it comes to heads rolling, the volunteers can just have a little wobble while we watch any paid heads roll all the way down a very long hill, ...

... with a cliff at the bottom.

;-)

Of course, it would be great if fixes could be released bug-free, and that may happen, in a perfect world. O:) It would also be great if Microsoft's operating systems were too... and ALL the other programs were bug-free when they were released as well!

Unfortunately, that is not where we live. In the real world (where MOST of us live), shit can and does happen. We deal with it as best we can (what choice do we have? other than leaving) I know! instead of complaining, why not volunteer to assist?

Teflon Kris wrote:...Problem with round limits being reached and incorrect winner declared ( ' deadbeater won the game on round limit ' )...

If the winner did not deadbeat for 3 consecutive turns and still won the game on round limits, that is NOT a bug. I do believe that is the way it's supposed to work.
Sergeant 1st Class Sey69

Postby agentcom on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 am

nietzsche wrote:

I'm far from "the authority" on these matters, just a mod who's seen a few things like this. All I was pointing out was site policy and the way things are, but I'm glad I could bring some laughter to your day.

BoganGod wrote:What is important is that a) this type of balls up doesn't happen again. b) mods/admin pull their heads in with their fascist threats.

a) that is our goal. b) As rds said, no one was threatened. Unless you're referring to my post, which was simply a restatement of the rules of the site. I don't know if you consider rule enforcement to be "threatening." But I'd urge you to read the thread and see that in circumstances like this the rules are applied fairly (e.g. no one that I know was even given an official warning about this. If there were any warnings, I'm sure they were few and far between).

BoganGod wrote: Say "hey mistakes have been made, we acknowledge our poor handling of some aspects of this roll out. Please accept our apologies, and lets move forward."

If you can't admit that you made a mistake, then you can't learn. :roll:

Please tell me if anything about my post is difficult to understand. English is not my first language, maybe it is not your first language either rd.

Your English is fine ... I completely get what your saying. But to me, that's what RDS' posts have been generally trying to say. It's unfortunate that we've had some "buggy" updates come out recently, but every time RDS tries to keep everyone informed of what is going on and I think he's thrown out quite a few apologies when necessary :)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:40 pm

bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

Guessing original code was reimplemented when it was lost rather than the corrected code.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby denominator on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

Guessing original code was reimplemented when it was lost rather than the corrected code.

...and they seem to have been all deleted now. It's really too bad; clearly these games are something that is in high demand in the community but the powers that be are intensely against them.

Also, something between before the games were deleted and after, my "jump to next playable game" link has broken. I can only assume it is a related consequence.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 am

denominator wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:bugs seem to be back...

Game 1000001

...and they seem to have been all deleted now. It's really too bad; clearly these games are something that is in high demand in the community but the powers that be are intensely against them.

Also, something between before the games were deleted and after, my "jump to next playable game" link has broken. I can only assume it is a related consequence.

Yes, the " jump to your next playable game." link is not working, but also the "My Games" page is no longer refreshing itself either. When I go "back" to it, it used to be updated, now it's not. Having to refresh every time now. I'm positive the site was running with RSS - Rich Site Summary and games when current when loaded into My Games.

edit: no sooner did I post the "next game" issue, it starting working...lol...not sure about the RSS yet though...
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives