Conquer Club

New Award for Obtaining Full Platinum

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

New Award for Obtaining Full Platinum

Postby premio53 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 am

Since the new standards for Platinum have come out I think it has raised the bar to the point where only a miniscule percentage of players will ever achieve all Platinum. I know I never will and doubt no more than the number you can count on your fingers ever will. I suggest that instead of continuing to add higher and higher standards Ad infinitum why not just give a "Lifetime Achievement Medal" for obtaining full Platinum and maybe have a tie breaker system (like who has more crossmaps and unique wins etc.) for this elite group. That way instead of completely destroying most people's incentive of of ever reaching the ultimate goal, it will give them something tangible to work for even though very few and I mean very few will ever reach said "Lifetime Achievcement Medal?"
Lieutenant premio53

Re: New Award for Obtaining Full Platinum

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:27 am

Well the only problem I could see I'd that it takes away the option of further expanding into say diamond or whatever medals (harder to get) once people do start to have platinums. Having this as a sort of ultimate achievement would take away the option to expand in the medal category, so I don't think this will be implemented.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby greenoaks on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:55 am

why is the Ultimate goal to be a jack of all trades and not a master of one?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:58 am

expand the platinums some day seems ridiculous. this site has existed for over 7 years and no one has made it yet. the more unique kills you have the more difficult it is to get new ones; and the maount of unique kills for the next medal are exponential. so i'm not in favour of exanding over platinum.
getting full plat is an acheivement by itself, and i see only mage, b0000 and ollie able to get it any time soon.

I think that in the medal count the platinums should have a higher value. like how can a tournament organization and a platinum have the same value? instead of the medal count, there should be a "medal value index". whoever is top of the scoreboard gets something similar to what is done to the one with the most points, that's what I would do.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:02 am

greenoaks wrote:why is the Ultimate goal to be a jack of all trades and not a master of one?

Leonardo Da Vinci will always be superior to Michelangelo because he mastered everything. (for the ninja tutrles, I think a Katana beats a nunchak anyday too)
Major betiko

Postby premio53 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:55 am

NoSurvivors wrote:Well the only problem I could see I'd that it takes away the option of further expanding into say diamond or whatever medals (harder to get) once people do start to have platinums. Having this as a sort of ultimate achievement would take away the option to expand in the medal category, so I don't think this will be implemented.
d
How does it take away the option of expanding into diamond or any other medal? One would still have to achieve diamond in every catetory in order to achieve full Platinum. Other sports/games like chess have lifetime master awards etc.

Edit: I meant to say gold.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 pm

All I can say is Im whipped lol.....its been a tough long hard road...but alot of fun
Close but no cigar....dont have the drive, but I know I will be there soon ♥
I think B will be there 1st, then between me and ollie, but i dont care whos 1st...we all deserve something...A special colored medal..as in swords, hat etc....my rank would be a special color, but not short bus yellow,
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:All I can say is Im whipped lol.....its been a tough long hard road...but alot of fun
I think B will be there 1st, then between me and ollie, but i dont care whos 1st...we all deserve something...A special colored medal..as in swords, hat etc....my rank would be a special color, but not short bus yellow,

And I want a award developed for the fastest manual game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12725973 I mean come on already records...get on it please haha
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby Foxglove on Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:01 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:And I want a award developed for the fastest manual game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12725973 I mean come on already records...get on it please haha

And I want a pony and a special website title. "Super Special" will do.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:34 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:All I can say is Im whipped lol.....its been a tough long hard road...but alot of fun

You will get NOTHING, unless you are first.

Second and Third shall receive tears of sadness for their failure.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby betiko on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:24 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:

And I want a award developed for the fastest manual game http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12725973 I mean come on already records...get on it please haha

Full plat is a great acheivement. Your suggested special rank colour sounds fun.
Fastest game ever means nothing john snow. Nobody thinks it s an acheivement except for a handful of freestylers.
Major betiko

Postby b00060 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:50 am

You would have to be a VERY VERY special well rounded player to ever achieve all Platinum on this site. I mean by achieving that shows you are not only a jack of all trades, but surely a master of some as well. oh and it also shows everyone you have a problem.
Major b00060

Postby Lindax on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:33 pm

b00060 wrote:You would have to be a VERY VERY special well rounded player to ever achieve all Platinum on this site. I mean by achieving that shows you are not only a jack of all trades, but surely a master of some as well. oh and it also shows everyone you have a problem.

Holy shit b, have you seen your medals yet? =D>

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:39 pm

b00060 wrote:You would have to be a VERY VERY special well rounded player to ever achieve all Platinum on this site. I mean by achieving that shows you are not only a jack of all trades, but surely a master of some as well. oh and it also shows everyone you have a problem.

How's your problem going? Here at CC, we're concerned about you. You simply aren't playing enough games!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby b00060 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 am

hahaha
Major b00060

Postby The Voice on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 am

Terminator platinum looks too dark. Needs some brightening. Of all the platinums, teammate and nuclear look the coolest.
Major The Voice

Postby premio53 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 am

b00060 wrote:hahaha

I don't see any gold medals on your list. Are you the first to reach full platinum?
Lieutenant premio53

Postby b00060 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 am

I believe so.
Major b00060

Postby premio53 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am

b00060 wrote:I believe so.

Would you be in favor of a full platinum Lifetime Award Medal or would you like to see medals increased ad infinitum.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby b00060 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 pm

The former. The later is getting more and more difficult as unique wins are coming harder with a limited pool of opponents.
Major b00060

Postby premio53 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't doubt there will be two three more settings created so that might actually null and void any Life time Achievement Medal. So there would probably be more challenges.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:54 pm

How about getting a Temporary Lifetime Award Medal?

It brings hope of more challenges while giving the satisfaction of having accomplished the utmost... for now.

It also hints at one's certain death, which is a useful reminder!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Armandolas on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:02 am

Congratz for the achievement. It certainly shows some kind of mental problem, but still is a great acchievement.
Well done
Colonel Armandolas

Postby nàme on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 pm

B, I think you need to spend less time on platinums and more time on general achievement. Your one looks lonely compared to the 53 tournament medals you have.
Major nàme

Postby premio53 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 pm

In the spirit of the Lombardy Trophy and others named after individuals who pioneered various sports I suggest we have a full platinum Lifetime Award Medal entitled "The Boo Trophy." Can I get a witness?
Lieutenant premio53

Return to Conquer Club Discussion