Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby john9blue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 am

i've spent the last few days playing dustforce. it's a difficult precision platformer. i still can't SS five of the stages.

one cool thing about this game is the in-game high-score replay functionality. some of the top dustforce players are absolutely mindblowing...

natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:24 pm

Kid Niki: Radical Ninja. Dude, he is so rad.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:10 pm

MeDeFe wrote:http://orteil.dashnet.org/experiments/cookie/

It's like transport tycoon without transport and with more cookies, so many cookies...

i just spent the weekend supervising my 8yo daughter on Zoo Tycoon 3.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Team name: Revo Lution
1 Eyez
2 TeeJay
3 KooliJ
4 TpartY
5 DTOM
6 Ulyses
7 JonnyA
8 Ajax

Pitchers
Gwarsh
Link
Maddy
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 pm

so i just SS'ed every level and unlocked the final world. holy hell this has got to be the most difficult game ever created. super meat boy was peanuts compared to this
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

I encourage anyone who has not picked up X-Com: Enemy Unknown, to go get this sweet deal plus the DLC---all for $10.00 via Amazon and Steam:

Get it here. You save $40.98 (80%).

BioShock Infinite, which I haven't played yet, is also on sale for $20.00. But I don't think my PC can handle it, so I'll just wait anyways.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby rishaed on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:18 am

Mirror's Edge. Just beat it but its awesome enough for a replay.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:35 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Go to the settings or whatever it's called while you're running around. Put that difficulty bar at the "75%" spot to the right. Oblivion doesn't make 'em smarter nor cause that much damage, but they stack their health points very much. I like it there because it forces you to play more efficiently (defensively), so I can't run in there like an idiot and bash everything with my hammer.

The hammer resolves all problems though--especially fetch quests.

Well, in the Destruction Magic, there's a slot where if you use a power (dual cast) spell, it stuns them. And with armor and necklace/ring that negates destruction and conujuration costs, you can stun lock and annhilate pretty much anything you come across without losing any magicka. And in Legendary Daedric Armor, only Ancient Dragons could actually do a lot of damage.

But my newest character is a Thief High Elf. And in 3rd person, it's kind of funny seeing someone twice as tall as most NPCs sneaking around. Died a few times with the light armor and currently doing the Thieve's Guild quests to build up money. And nabbing void salts and blacksmith potions when I can to have legendary Nightingale armor when I get to that point...
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I encourage anyone who has not picked up X-Com: Enemy Unknown, to go get this sweet deal plus the DLC---all for $10.00 via Amazon and Steam:

BioShock Infinite, which I haven't played yet, is also on sale for $20.00. But I don't think my PC can handle it, so I'll just wait anyways.

--Andy

I bought it for $1 like 10 years ago. How is this a deal again?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I encourage anyone who has not picked up X-Com: Enemy Unknown, to go get this sweet deal plus the DLC---all for $10.00 via Amazon and Steam:

--Andy

Silly DY, get the new XCOM. :D

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Oh yeah, haven't played Witcher 2, but have watched a blind LP. Its a pretty open enviroment, a lot of character interaction (no character customization though), and quite a few adult themes. You know how the Elder Scolls games skimps on the "adult situations"? Yeah, Witcher 2 does not.

But I do recomend it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:07 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Oh yeah, haven't played Witcher 2, but have watched a blind LP. Its a pretty open enviroment, a lot of character interaction (no character customization though), and quite a few adult themes. You know how the Elder Scolls games skimps on the "adult situations"? Yeah, Witcher 2 does not.

But I do recomend it.

Like alimony payments?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TheProwler on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:

--Andy

The new X-Com came out last year...
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:42 am

Planescape:Torment.

Available on gog.com, works on Windows 7, more of a novel than a game, but still a lot of fun if you can stand games like Baldur's Gate.
Major tkr4lf

Postby rishaed on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:44 am

I heard that it wasn't bad. Never played it though.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:09 am

tkr4lf wrote:Planescape:Torment.

Available on gog.com, works on Windows 7, more of a novel than a game, but still a lot of fun if you can stand games like Baldur's Gate.

The mechanics and controls might make the game less enjoyable if you haven't went back and played a lot of older games over the years.

=================

So, I had a rough weekend and needed a diversion, so I opted to pick up Europa Universalis 4 now instead of waiting til later. Lots to learn about the game, and it is mostly learn on your own since the tutorial is pretty minimal. But I'm working my way through a first playthrough...and its been pretty fun.

I decided to opt for an unusual and more difficult first playthrough---Manchu, in the Far East. I'll post more about my Manchu game in the Longest Thread.

--Andy

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:49 pm

TheProwler wrote:On my game machine I'm playing Galactic Civilizations 2.

On this machine (my notebook) I'm playing LImbo.

I'll also play ES4: Oblivion on my gaming machine (got hundreds of mods installed) and COD Modern Warfare 2 (done the campaign, playing the Special Ops stuff) and Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter occasionally.

I've not yet purchased Skyrim. I'm waiting for the Legendary Edition to go on sale at Steam. I expect that I'll enjoy Skyrim more than most people would consider "healthy".

I bought Red Dead Redemption for the PS3 since it is supposed to be awesome and wasn't released on the PC...I'm intending to play it withing the next few months.

If you had no interest in reading about my current video gaming details, sorry to waste your precious time.

There's no healthy way to enjoy Skyrim. That game is dangerously addictive!

And btw Andy, Europa Universalis IV is > Crusader Kings II
That says a lot since I loved that game. It's only been out for two weeks or something like that so the multiplayer feature doesn't have as many members as it probably will have later, but you can still strike up a game at the popular times. Was in a 25 player game yesterday, I played as the Ottomans and made a lot of enemies, it was fun.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Lootifer on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Popped back to visit super meat boy.

Also currently making cookies on my home computer while I am at work (COOKIES!)
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Frigidus on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Total War: Rome 2 coming out in a few hours...I'm wondering if I should buy it now or wait for a price drop.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Frigidus wrote:Total War: Rome 2 coming out in a few hours...I'm wondering if I should buy it now or wait for a price drop.

Buy it now. There will be more people available for online play. Not that you should have to worry for at least a year, as those games remain popular long after their time.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Oh yeah, haven't played Witcher 2, but have watched a blind LP. Its a pretty open enviroment, a lot of character interaction (no character customization though), and quite a few adult themes. You know how the Elder Scolls games skimps on the "adult situations"? Yeah, Witcher 2 does not.

But I do recomend it.

Like alimony payments?

Nah, more the Las Vegas style. "What happens in the tents, stays in the tent."

Though I would check for certain unwanted ailments shortly thereafter...

DoomYoshi wrote:
Frigidus wrote:Total War: Rome 2 coming out in a few hours...I'm wondering if I should buy it now or wait for a price drop.

Buy it now. There will be more people available for online play. Not that you should have to worry for at least a year, as those games remain popular long after their time.
The original Rome Total is still huge, and it came out about 10 years ago.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby TheProwler on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I started playing The Witcher a few days ago...it's fun so far. Didn't have any problem with any registration issues on Steam....maybe because I bought it a while ago...?
El Capitan X wrote:The people in flame wars just seem to get dimmer and dimmer. Seriously though, I love your style, always a good read.
General TheProwler

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm

TheProwler wrote:I started playing The Witcher a few days ago...it's fun so far. Didn't have any problem with any registration issues on Steam....maybe because I bought it a while ago...?

The issues got resolved after that weekend.

--Andy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 pm

Oh yeah, been playing Saints Row 4 and its a blast! Adding super powers is awesome, but it makes getting vehicles pretty much pointless, as you can run faster than any vehicle with better control, and jumping with gliding makes flying vehicles obsolete, as you don't have to worry about crashing into buildings. Instead, you run up the buildings.

And except for a few cases, you can also get to the point where you can get rid of most enemies with superpowers and not rely on weapons. But still fun. And a lot of references to other games and such, like the romance scenes in ME2. It looks like they're about to do something and then... Fade to black and then back to how it was before the conversation.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:35 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Oh yeah, been playing Saints Row 4 and its a blast! Adding super powers is awesome, but it makes getting vehicles pretty much pointless, as you can run faster than any vehicle with better control, and jumping with gliding makes flying vehicles obsolete, as you don't have to worry about crashing into buildings. Instead, you run up the buildings.

And except for a few cases, you can also get to the point where you can get rid of most enemies with superpowers and not rely on weapons. But still fun. And a lot of references to other games and such, like the romance scenes in ME2. It looks like they're about to do something and then... Fade to black and then back to how it was before the conversation.

I listened to the Indoor Kids podcast talk about SR4, and they enjoyed it quite a bit too, and echoed the super power sentiment. One of them basically loved scaling sky scraper and flying around. And shooting people with the dubstep gun.

I like open world games, but I doubt I'll get SR4. Maybe when the new GTA comes out, and eventually gets discounted down, I'll hop into that. But I'm pretty set for a while with interesting games, plus some Kickstarter games that will be rolling out in 2014 as well...

--Andy

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,