Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby OliverFA on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 pm

frankiebee wrote:
Qwert wrote:New Captain of ship take control, and 50 people immediately abandon ship!

50 people who haven't took a turn the last 30 days abandon ship, how can the new captain that is here 2 days can do anything about that?
Try to be a bit more positive, it looks like your enjoying the decline.

I agree
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 am

positive?
for this you have other topic
"is CC increasing"

this topic its not abouth positive ,, its abouth to wake up CC Boss to do some things, so that other topic be again in front of this topic.
I also want that this site have again 20000 active player, but this its not going to happend if we are think to be positive, trowing flowers, and make smiles, this could not have any effect at all.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby OliverFA on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:08 pm

We agree that closing our eyes is not the right thing to do, but one can be biased either by being too positive or being too negative. So lets be realistic optimistics ;-)
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby Agent 86 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Don't think the parachutes are going to work I'm afraid..it's free-fall from here on. 12603
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:03 am

frankiebee wrote:
Qwert wrote:New Captain of ship take control, and 50 people immediately abandon ship!

50 people who haven't took a turn the last 30 days abandon ship, how can the new captain that is here 2 days can do anything about that?
Try to be a bit more positive, it looks like your enjoying the decline.

Obviously, they knew something that we poor saps didn't.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:05 am

What's the optimal amount of CC users?

If we had 20 million over night, then you could see the problems with that. If we had 1000, then that would be problematic. So, is there an answer to my question?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gillipig on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 pm

As many as it's possible to handle for the most advanced server in the world. Aka, really fucking many.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:28 pm

its going to be little shaky , how we approach ground! 12555
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:01 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:What's the optimal amount of CC users?

If we had 20 million over night, then you could see the problems with that. If we had 1000, then that would be problematic. So, is there an answer to my question?

When I joined there were about 23000 users, and most mod positions were filled without difficulty. When we dipped below 20K, we started seeing some mod positions being difficult to fill. I would like to see us at a point where not only are mod positions easy to fill, but we actually have a surplus of candidates for them and can pick and choose. I'd say 3 candidates per position would be a good point to be at, so something around 60K users. That's the Team perspective.

When I joined, people were filling 128 player tournaments on a fairly regular basis. At some point, I'm not sure exactly where, that started being difficult. I think we were around 17K or 16K users the first time that I saw an organiser forced to abandon a 128 player tourney because it couldn't fill. That was a relatively new organiser; at that point the more famous names could still fill one. Today, even the better TOs would have difficulty filling a tourney that size without heavy-duty spamming. It's not impossible, but difficult. I'd like to see us get to a point where even a middle-ground (not extremely famous, but not totally unknown) TO could fill a 256-player tourney. So, about double what it was when I joined, plus about 20%. So, about 55K. That's the Tournament perspective.

I'm sure cartographers and others could come up with similar benchmarks. For me, 55 to 60 K would be a good number.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:40 am

Dukasaur wrote:

When I joined there were about 23000 users, and most mod positions were filled without difficulty. When we dipped below 20K, we started seeing some mod positions being difficult to fill. I would like to see us at a point where not only are mod positions easy to fill, but we actually have a surplus of candidates for them and can pick and choose. I'd say 3 candidates per position would be a good point to be at, so something around 60K users. That's the Team perspective.

When I joined, people were filling 128 player tournaments on a fairly regular basis. At some point, I'm not sure exactly where, that started being difficult. I think we were around 17K or 16K users the first time that I saw an organiser forced to abandon a 128 player tourney because it couldn't fill. That was a relatively new organiser; at that point the more famous names could still fill one. Today, even the better TOs would have difficulty filling a tourney that size without heavy-duty spamming. It's not impossible, but difficult. I'd like to see us get to a point where even a middle-ground (not extremely famous, but not totally unknown) TO could fill a 256-player tourney. So, about double what it was when I joined, plus about 20%. So, about 55K. That's the Tournament perspective.

I'm sure cartographers and others could come up with similar benchmarks. For me, 55 to 60 K would be a good number.

November 2010 it wasn't 23k. It had already been on the decline for one and a half years. I posted a graph of the amount of users and remember noting that the decline started about when I joined which would be early 2009.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby azezzo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 am

12528 members this morning, and this morning I tried to join a speed game, and there were not any to join, I've been a member since 2007 and NEVER have I seen 0 speed games up before, I think that Lackattack sold just in time, I'd hate to be the new owner and realize that there was a reason the prior owner wanted out
Captain azezzo

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55 am

I joined five months ago and I've seen the speed games tab empty a few times..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby azezzo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I joined five months ago and I've seen the speed games tab empty a few times..

hence the fact that cc is declining
Captain azezzo

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Or it's a lot more time dependent than you realised. I believe it's both, to be honest.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Interesting. That's a good enough prediction from a consumer-satisfaction perspective, and I like how you estimated the optimal moderator:user ratio. I was thinking more from the perspective of the CC business, which would allocate some set of resources in order to attain some maximum possible amount--given whatever constraints. However, good post, Dukasaur!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:39 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Or it's a lot more time dependent than you realised. I believe it's both, to be honest.

What do you mean? Are you saying that CC 'gets old' regardless of other factors, therefore it will diminish no matter what?

(don't understand).
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Er, no. I was responding directly to azezzo's comment regarding speed games.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gillipig on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Or it's a lot more time dependent than you realised. I believe it's both, to be honest.

What do you mean? Are you saying that CC 'gets old' regardless of other factors, therefore it will diminish no matter what?

(don't understand).

He's saying CC doesn't have free will. Suck it beatch!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 am

I think the most interesting thing is that internet landscape of 2006/07/08 as a whole is quite a bit different. There are so many more games to play on the net now! CC is sort of quaint I think.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:32 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I think the most interesting thing is that internet landscape of 2006/07/08 as a whole is quite a bit different. There are so many more games to play on the net now! CC is sort of quaint I think. And now its drop to 12420! :o

--Andy

fixed
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby kmhebert on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Qwert wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I think the most interesting thing is that internet landscape of 2006/07/08 as a whole is quite a bit different. There are so many more games to play on the net now! CC is sort of quaint I think. And now its drop to 12420! :o

--Andy

fixed

I honestly haven't noticed a huge difference. I like to play a lot of 1 vs 1 and there are plenty of games to choose from. The recent changes BigWham has made, plus Blake, well, color me super impressed. Seriously. Not sure how far along these were before the sale, but they are great changes and some LONG overdue. I am in this for the long haul, I love Risk and this is the best way to play it, except for the occasional live tourneys I play with KuchTheWiser and friends. HA and even then it's like a "speed game" that takes 4 hours. Heh who am I kidding, I love it. It will be 6 years for me on CC pretty soon and it's always been very good. Maybe I am in the minority here but I feel that as long as the core players (and there are a LOT) hang in, this will be the premier Risk site for the foreseeable future.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh, qwert. I like that the two things that move you to wake up in the morning are shaking your fist at the USA and shaking your fist at CC. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby frankiebee on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:51 pm

kmhebert wrote:I honestly haven't noticed a huge difference. I like to play a lot of 1 vs 1 and there are plenty of games to choose from. The recent changes BigWham has made, plus Blake, well, color me super impressed. Seriously. Not sure how far along these were before the sale, but they are great changes and some LONG overdue. I am in this for the long haul, I love Risk and this is the best way to play it, except for the occasional live tourneys I play with KuchTheWiser and friends. HA and even then it's like a "speed game" that takes 4 hours. Heh who am I kidding, I love it. It will be 6 years for me on CC pretty soon and it's always been very good. Maybe I am in the minority here but I feel that as long as the core players (and there are a LOT) hang in, this will be the premier Risk site for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. Having 10.000 active players to play RISK with is more then enough for me. As long as I can play a quality game here ill stick around :)
Colonel frankiebee

Postby keyborn on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Brigadier keyborn

Postby Gillipig on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 am

12373! Alrightt!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion