Conquer Club

Havoc Boards Tournament

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Havoc Boards Tournament

Postby kizkiz on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm

considering what a mess this is i've got myself a bit lost
Is round 5 the semis?
Captain kizkiz

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 pm

TheKidsTrumpet wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:How the hell do we find out who is out? Who is still in? What round people are in and the like? Did that get left out in this mess of a tournament?

Still no answer :(

Good question.

Can we get a response please? I assume that we cannot tell who is left and who is where in the tournament without looking at all the games?
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
TheKidsTrumpet wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:How the hell do we find out who is out? Who is still in? What round people are in and the like? Did that get left out in this mess of a tournament?

Still no answer :(

Good question.

Can we get a response please? I assume that we cannot tell who is left and who is where in the tournament without looking at all the games?

That was, unfortunately, not copied when the tournament was made, but it's been submitted to the developers as something to be taken care of.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:43 am

Thanks for the response.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Won my round 3 matchup in game 13070763
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 pm

Bad dice lost me mine :)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby _big_easy_ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm

I think the last four of us Round 2 winners are ready for our Round 3 game. I can't find any active Round 2 games on the search page.
Captain _big_easy_

Postby _big_easy_ on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Ummmmm....

So our Round 3 game started. Both of them. 13141980 and 13141981. Are we supposed to be in two identical games, with different colors and drops, for the same Round of the tournament? I think not, Herr Doctor.
Captain _big_easy_

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:44 pm

_big_easy_ wrote:Ummmmm....

So our Round 3 game started. Both of them. 13141980 and 13141981. Are we supposed to be in two identical games, with different colors and drops, for the same Round of the tournament? I think not, Herr Doctor.

Just be glad you're getting a free bonus...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:21 am

I think our 4th round game is stuck is not starting. There are 4 of us waiting to play, unless I missed something?
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby _big_easy_ on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Are all tournaments as "well run" as this one?
Captain _big_easy_

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:46 am

_big_easy_ wrote:Are all tournaments as "well run" as this one?

No, this one is a bit unusual. In a lot of ways, and for a lot of reasons, it's atypical. You're not likely to see these problems on a regular basis.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby codierose on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

No, this one is a bit unusual. In a lot of ways, and for a lot of reasons, it's atypical. You're not likely to see these problems on a regular basis.

is that the reason why round 5 game is all f-ed up Game 13166914
Major codierose

Postby _big_easy_ on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:44 am

Dukasaur wrote:

Quoted AND Bolded for Truth. But not for the reasons you might think, lol...
;-)
Captain _big_easy_

Postby oradej on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Well I had fun, but Swifte just swiftly ended my shot at a fancy board. I'm pumped for the classic style though! Thanks for the tourney CC & Havoc
insert signature here
Lieutenant oradej

Postby kizkiz on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I see that the final is currently in round 14
Any idea when prizes will get sent out?
Captain kizkiz

Postby MoB Deadly on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:26 pm

kizkiz wrote:I see that the final is currently in round 14
Any idea when prizes will get sent out?

I "Backed them" $40 back in July, they are on pace to have boards shipped out before Thanksgiving. The original date was in september though.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Swifte on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:32 pm

So, um, I won 8-[ :mrgreen:

Game 13434371
Colonel Swifte

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Swifte wrote:So, um, I won 8-[ :mrgreen:

Game 13434371

Cool!

Well, I wish it had been me, but if it couldn't be me then definitely someone from the Dispatch staff is the next best thing!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bravo!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby codierose on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:01 pm

whats happening to the prizes
Major codierose

Postby Moop on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:10 am

codierose wrote:whats happening to the prizes

I second that emotion.

On another note, very enjoyable tournament from my perspective, it may not have been plain sailing for everyone but you got there in the end, good job guys.
Captain Moop

Postby king achilles on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Congratulations to Swifte for winning the Havoc Tournament and thank you for everyone who participated in this special event. Pm's have been sent to those who will receive a Havoc board prize. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thank you once again and we hope you enjoyed the games!
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Project Update #24: Timeframe Update
Backer_white For backers only Posted by Bungled Board Games LLC ♥ Like
We write this update with heavy hearts as we have recently encountered several delays in production of classic boards that will make the November shipment goal impossible to achieve. Please take what small comfort you can in the knowledge that we are incredibly sorry for this delay and are doing everything humanly, and inhumanly, possible to fulfill your orders AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and we are still very excited to ship you a high quality game. As you, the backers, are the most important part of the successful project, we wanted to take this opportunity to explain the source of our delays in detail.

Several of our classic board backers have contacted us, concerned that we have missed the late October shipping goal and are sacrificing work on the classic boards to focus on the engraved boards. While many of our recent updates have focused on Charley the Laser and the engraving process, this is simply because the classic board production has been largely out of our hands recently. We believe it’s necessary to give you a comprehensive explanation of our current status, from the end of the Kickstarter project forward, noting the different production requirements of the different products we offer.

Classic Boards

Following the end of the campaign in late July, we immediately began preparing the classic boards for production. When we originally planned the project, we thought this would basically entail hitting a send button; how wrong we were.

This process began with a period of heavy quality control. The successful campaign and related publicity brought feedback revealing latent problems with the game boards that needed correction, as well as some excellent suggestions for improvements. As some of you may know, a post of our boards reached #1 on the front page of Reddit*. Answering and addressing concerns raised in the comments of this Reddit post was, alone, a multi-week process. This revision process entailed addressing issues on each map ranging from territory naming suggestions we received from local residents to re-allocating territories within regions. Every change made to the board necessitated corresponding changes to each card deck and play-testing to ensure balance.

The long revision and re-testing process was completed in late August/ early September. Once the process was complete and we were confident that each board was as close to perfect as we could make it, we were able to send the boards out for production. We knew at this point that the manufacturing process on the classic boards could take up to 60 days, but we were cautiously optimistic that we could have the boards back in our hands and ready to ship out by late October. It was at this stage that we encountered the unexpected delays that have pushed the production timetable back.

First, it was brought to our attention that we needed our boards to be in compliance with US and EU safety standards for consumer goods before we could get any order fulfillment (shipping) outfit to distribute them. The research and testing that went into ensuring compliance was an unforeseen process that took a number of weeks to complete. However, we were still optimistic that we had allocated enough time to make shipments the November shipping deadline.

Unfortunately, once we had the boards in compliance and orders placed with our manufacturer in China, we experienced further complications relating to matching the colors and designs we ordered. We were able to resolve this issue, but only by having the manufacturer make proofs of each board and send those express to North Carolina for our review.

Once these proofs were corrected and approved, assuring our backers would receive the exact boards we ordered, production began, albeit pushed back into October. The boards are currently nearing completion, at which point they will travel via container ship to the west coast, sit at customs for what we can only project will feel like an eternity (based on personal experience) and over land to our fulfillment center. Once these arrive at our fulfillment center, we have been assured they will go out immediately. We sincerely hope the boards can ship by mid-December. Again, we are genuinely sorry for this additional delay. We would have notified you sooner but wanted to assure everything was really in place and going forward this time.

Expansion decks are complete and undergoing play-testing now. We hope to begin production (with a two week turnaround) early next week. We apologize that these are going out later than expected, but we wanted to play-test them thoroughly and sacrificed speed for quality. Early results are promising.

Engraved Boards/Coasters

The engraved board production will be starting very soon, and we’ve been through a similarly long saga reaching this point. We were able to place an order for the laser within a week of the successful campaign. This laser (Charley) needed to be built in China, and assembled and calibrated in Las Vegas before being shipped to Durham, arriving in mid-October. We began testing engraving textures as well as wood types immediately. We then ordered an assload (official measuring unit) of wood, which is scheduled to arrive next week. Charley will begin producing the engraved boards immediately upon arrival of the wood.

Each engraved board must be produced individually, and the cutting and engraving takes several hours. Because of this, the timeframe for receipt of your engraved board is a rather large range, but we will notify each backer when their order has shipped.

Coaster production is kicking off as soon as the wood shipment arrives, and we intend to start engraving them within two weeks.

We realize you are as frustrated as we are with the delays and we again sincerely apologize. Our first Kickstarter project isn’t going as smoothly as we projected from the start, but all things considered we think we have minimized the delays to the greatest degree possible and you’ll be happy with the finished product.

We are sending out this update in an attempt to be as transparent as possible with you, and hope it answers any questions you have with this unfortunate news. As always, we want to hear from you directly with any concerns, and we invite you to message us on Kickstarter, or email us at go@bungledboardgames.com.

* An impressive achievement considering the post was completely devoid of cats and gifs. This gif seems quite apropos to our recent delays.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Swifte on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Got an email from them today, they hope to get to my board after they fulfill the kickstarter obligations... they'll be in touch in December.
Colonel Swifte

Postby kizkiz on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Looks like mine is waiting at the post office
Unfortunately, it has over £11 of unpaid customs charges
I've sent them an email to double check it is this board game prize before querying the costs
Anyone else got theirs yet?
Captain kizkiz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives