Conquer Club

may now be interested in a clan

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

may now be interested in a clan

Postby ChrisPond on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:27 pm

My best partner here on CC just hung it up. I met him here and we were pretty successful in doubles, trips, and quads.

Because of his retirement...or upcoming retirement as we still have a couple of tournaments to finish, I am now considering a clan.

I don't like to have more than 8-10 games going at once as I take my CC games a little to serious. I also spend to much time here all ready.

Here is a list of what I think are my strengths:
1. I absolutely hate to lose! I am very competitive.
2. I like complicated maps. When I find a new map I enjoy, i like to play it until i think i have it mastered. My favorite maps right now are Conquer Rome and Kings Court II.
3. Team Games: I like to communicate with teammates in team games. We communicate a lot by email instead of just on the chat. we typically discuss every move and come to a consensus before each player goes.
4. Fog of war. I enjoy fog of war and take tons of screen shots and use them throughout the game.
5. I like bigger maps. The bigger the map, the more important strategy is I feel.
6. 1 v 1 games. i would have to check my record, but i think it would be a pretty good winning percentage.
7. Trench games. I have recently started playing some trench games and like that it minimizes luck, thus strategy is more important.
8. I like being part of a team. I grew up playing sports and was lucky enough to compete in collegiate athletics. I am a good team player but also enjoy individual accolades.
9. I have a 3 year old that sometimes pushes the "assault" button during my attacks....how can the dice go bad when a 3 year old is the one running the mouse? this is my secret weapon and i use him when needed.
10. my wife no longer tells me to quit playing CC. i have broke her and this site is no longer a problem in our relationship. she accepts the game...but i can't say she likes it.

Here is a list of some of my weaknesses:
1. Escalating games. I hate them. I feel like it is all based on luck, but I know it is not since I see people with very high scores here that play almost all escalating games. i just have not figured that setting out yet and I don't enjoy them.
2. Time commitment. I am pretty busy outside of CC. I spend more time than I should all ready here.
3. Assasin, Terminator games, and unlimited reinforcements. i have limited experience on them. i prefer chained reinforcements but do play some unlimited in team games, especially quads
4. freestyle. i have no interest in playing this setting at this time.
5. I am competitive and take this way to serious. i like playing with people that are the same way. i get upset with teammates that don't communicate and do their own thing.
6. I am clueless on a new map, especially one that is complicated. I learn best by just playing the map (and usually getting crushed,unless i play with someone that knows the map in a team game)....but I learn quickly and I study how people win and then formulate my own strategy. I typically have a good feel after one or 2 games on a hard map and then I like to try my strategy and master the map. i have never been a person that can read something and then do it...i need to "do" to learn.
7. the "shift key". i hate to use it, thus i rarely capitalize letters. you would have to get used to that...
8. i only speak english as i am an American. doesn't everyone speak english?

I am sure I have not listed all my strengths and weaknesses. let me know if I would be a good fit for your clan. I can't say I am set on joining one, but this is the closest I have ever been to joining one. i like playing team games and i like playing with people i can count on. life is stressful enough without someone going rogue in a quads game...
Colonel ChrisPond

Re: may now be interested in a clan

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:04 pm

ChrisPond wrote:10. my wife no longer tells me to quit playing CC. i have broke her and this site is no longer a problem in our relationship. she accepts the game...but i can't say she likes it.

This is most important obstacle to overcome.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby TheMissionary on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:46 pm

I couldn't break mine, but I play better now. Lol
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby P4Ssoa on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:13 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ChrisPond wrote:10. my wife no longer tells me to quit playing CC. i have broke her and this site is no longer a problem in our relationship. she accepts the game...but i can't say she likes it.

Please tell me how! :-D
Captain P4Ssoa

Postby ChrisPond on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:21 pm

P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I have no idea how I did it but i am sure at some point it will be used against me. She just ignores CC now....she did not even get excited when I told her my rank was in the top 25 in the world out of over 13,000 active players...
Colonel ChrisPond

Postby Genoke on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:25 pm

P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

easy, you just keep doing your stuff on CC...

2 options there: 1. she leave you, 2. she accept the fact she has to share you with CC.

i've got number 2. :D and it looks like ChrisPond reached the same! =D>
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Hahaha! you guys are hilarious. I suppose it depends on whether you are the "I'll do it later" and later never arrives kinda guy, or the one who actually carries out what he said he'll do before the end of the day. If you're the second, you'll get away with playing whatever the hell you want. If she thinks you're leaving everything up to her to do around the house, she's gonna nag your ass til you quit XD.

This reminds me of a funny story. I used to play an MMO and was the leader of a guild there. My Vice leader was quite hilarious, but he did spend too much time on the game anyway hahaha. One night, we're on Ventrillo discussing our next raid on the enemies state when his wife calls. "Honey, can you chop these chillies for me, please?" and he said "In a minute, dear." She was like "NOW! People are coming over, you can talk to your internet friends later." We were all like "HAHAHAHAHA WHIPPED!" He leaves and comes back about 40 minutes later. "Hey guys, I'm back." 2 minutes pass and he is like "Oh oh oh shit shit shit" and we're like "what?" "I just went to the bathroom for a pee after I chopped maybe 50 chillies and I mustn't have washed my hands properly. OH SHIT IT BURNS. AHHHH. Be right back.... shower!" He was in such a hurry to get back to his game that he didn't scrub his hands properly after getting chilli on them, went for a pee and burned his privates. We never left that one down for weeks (well I didn't because we were always pranking each other anyway haha), and from what he foolishly told us, neither did his wife. :lol:
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby torres44cm on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Hey Chris, you'll no doubt, will be highly sought after, but I'd like to introduce you to Spelunkers of Hell clan, we are currently looking to add a elite player to our honorable family. would be glad to tell you more, if you haven't made up you mind yet. We are aggressively competitive, strive for team cohesiveness, and believe strongly in game communication. We're fairly young compared to older more established clans, we're heavily involved with clan wars, clan league, tourney's, I would gladly set up some team games to see what you think. in the mean time take care and happy hunting.

Torres
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Hahaha! you guys are hilarious. I suppose it depends on whether you are the "I'll do it later" and later never arrives kinda guy, or the one who actually carries out what he said he'll do before the end of the day. If you're the second, you'll get away with playing whatever the hell you want. If she thinks you're leaving everything up to her to do around the house, she's gonna nag your ass til you quit XD.

This reminds me of a funny story. I used to play an MMO and was the leader of a guild there. My Vice leader was quite hilarious, but he did spend too much time on the game anyway hahaha. One night, we're on Ventrillo discussing our next raid on the enemies state when his wife calls. "Honey, can you chop these chillies for me, please?" and he said "In a minute, dear." She was like "NOW! People are coming over, you can talk to your internet friends later." We were all like "HAHAHAHAHA WHIPPED!" He leaves and comes back about 40 minutes later. "Hey guys, I'm back." 2 minutes pass and he is like "Oh oh oh shit shit shit" and we're like "what?" "I just went to the bathroom for a pee after I chopped maybe 50 chillies and I mustn't have washed my hands properly. OH SHIT IT BURNS. AHHHH. Be right back.... shower!" He was in such a hurry to get back to his game that he didn't scrub his hands properly after getting chilli on them, went for a pee and burned his privates. We never left that one down for weeks (well I didn't because we were always pranking each other anyway haha), and from what he foolishly told us, neither did his wife. :lol:

This kind of happened to me.. Twice! Lol, the second time is quite horrible cause you wnder how stupid you are not to have learned your lesson from the first time! :lol: but even after washing properly your hands some strong chillies stay on your hands and can really hurt! :roll:
Major betiko

Postby Lindax on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I just got her to play too. :mrgreen:

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby benga on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:54 pm

Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

so your wife is bigwham?
Sergeant benga

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 pm

betiko wrote:This kind of happened to me.. Twice! Lol, the second time is quite horrible cause you wnder how stupid you are not to have learned your lesson from the first time! :lol: but even after washing properly your hands some strong chillies stay on your hands and can really hurt! :roll:

I am so very, very glad I am female.... And have the sense to use gloves! :lol:
Major catnipdreams

Postby chapcrap on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

I've been trying to get mine to just play some 1v1 games against me, but she won't anymore. It's been almost a year. Go bug her please. Send her messages and post on her wall.
cardinal.baby
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby benga on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

I've been trying to get mine to just play some 1v1 games against me, but she won't anymore. It's been almost a year. Go bug her please. Send her messages and post on her wall.
cardinal.baby

maybe she would play me :twisted:

go setup our war thread :idea:
Sergeant benga

Postby torres44cm on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:52 pm

benga wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

cardinal.baby

maybe she would play me :twisted:

go setup our war thread :idea:

Amazing, how many family members there are, here on CC, guess the wife issue is a problem for some, but I introduced my wife to CC, she likes it, hope your works out
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm

betiko wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Hahaha! you guys are hilarious. I suppose it depends on whether you are the "I'll do it later" and later never arrives kinda guy, or the one who actually carries out what he said he'll do before the end of the day. If you're the second, you'll get away with playing whatever the hell you want. If she thinks you're leaving everything up to her to do around the house, she's gonna nag your ass til you quit XD.

This kind of happened to me.. Twice! Lol, the second time is quite horrible cause you wnder how stupid you are not to have learned your lesson from the first time! :lol: but even after washing properly your hands some strong chillies stay on your hands and can really hurt! :roll:

Men! Geez! Haha. You should invest in latex gloves. If I have to go anywhere near chillies I use them. I don't have THAT problem, but imagine accidentally rubbing your eye or something and there was still some on your skin or under the nails, ouchie.
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

cardinal.baby

You cannot post on this wall.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby shoop76 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:36 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Lindax wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Lx

cardinal.baby

Maybe you should have let her win a few more.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Hamanu on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:19 am

Don't know what your criteria for a clan is, but take a look at LOW. We've built a cadre of great players and have been doing really well in the random league, CCCup and CL5.

Bottom line, though, I'm pretty sure you'd find lots of similarities in all the top 10 clans and its just nuances that separate us. Browse, ponder and apply for whichever clan sparks your interest. I'm pretty sure you'd find great players in all top 10 clans and they are all real nice people who communicate a lot between turns... maybe not over email tho ;)
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby PaRKoN on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:01 am

Guess KORT took the lead Game 13169580 :roll:
Brigadier PaRKoN

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:07 am

Not exactly surprising.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby gorehound on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Chris, AFOS is looking to consolidate its (30) member base after a clan split two months ago. Great bunch of fellas and we are building our Academy to train in new members. Looking for a team player on the complicated maps, so Chris, you would be a great asset to us! We are chilled, interested, good-natured (well, most of us, no names) and love the game ;) We won't be the top clan this year , due to restructuring, but if you enjoy working with some talented players to build a lean fighting machine that doesn't lose sight of the FUN of playing, we may be your Clan! I could set up a couple of games (when you are ready) and you can meet some of the players to see if you enjoy the company. Cheers, gore
Major gorehound

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:05 am

2013-09-03 13:36:20 - Masli: what is a shiot ?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Genoke wrote:
P4Ssoa wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

easy, you just keep doing your stuff on CC...

2 options there: 1. she leave you, 2. she accept the fact she has to share you with CC.

i've got number 2. :D and it looks like ChrisPond reached the same! =D>

You are such a liar mate :lol:
If CC wants the real story he recruited his wife to BoFM. Good player, fine person :)
I'm supposing she accepted the game after she realized what great people could be found on CC :D
Major Arama86n

Next

Return to Clan Archives