Conquer Club

12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 12 Player Games, Invitation Upgrades & More

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 pm

mccallan25 wrote:
bigWham wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:The speed freestyle update. ... ugh really??? What a shame speed games will never be the same. ... so Lame... The rest is nice

Only thirty seconds, not really a big deal and won't affect gameplay much. What is stupid is the one hour delay on casual freestyle games; completely pointless.

There is no one hour delay. .. 12 hour if you are last

Game 13159787

It is a 1 hour delay on all turns in a casual, 20 seconds on speed. It is not completely pointless because it reduces the prospects of the last person joining taking an unfair first turn advantage.... most specifically for the type of game you linked.

Why not make it an option for the person that creates the game????

why not pay for premium then waiting an hour for a game to start wouldn't be a problem. you could play lots and/or speed.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby dgz345 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:58 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:[
[*]Unfortunately, we have not yet expanded the game engine to be able to include teams greater than our current Quadruples. This is something that is extremely code intensive that could involve major changes to the game engine, so rather than wait another four years, we decided it's best to work on it in the interim.[/list]

so it has not been looked at?
Lieutenant dgz345

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Swifte wrote:Is "Increased Medal Cap" implemented? I can't find anyone that's got more than 30 yet. Do we need to earn an additional medal for those to trigger?

I believe CD and TD will need to manually add those medals

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby silversun6 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 am

where the quintuple and sextuple games are coming?

:ugeek: cant wait for those in the clan wars
OSA 2013 GRAND POOBA Seamus76 AKA TopDog
Colonel silversun6

Postby 2dimes on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:58 am

Ok I have excellent color vision, it has been tested during medicals several times.

I just looked in on a 12 player game on classic map. Green Slate and V look pretty similar.

I doubt it would harm the game play, I already nearly always use the codes. Great update in my opinion. Thanks cc.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Armandolas on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 am

IcePack wrote:
Swifte wrote:Is "Increased Medal Cap" implemented? I can't find anyone that's got more than 30 yet. Do we need to earn an additional medal for those to trigger?

I believe CD and TD will need to manually add those medals

Whats the new limit?
and maybe someone can explain me: why a limit?

thanks
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Denise on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm

12 player games on Europa gives 13 neutral territories with each player getting 4. I suggest changing that to 1 neutral with each player getting 5 territories. :)
Colonel Denise

Postby plurple on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 pm

plurple wrote:
mcshanester29 wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:On the create a game page, can we make some way so that I can invite to all open slots for a tourney game?

Gilligan wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:On the create a game page, can we make some way so that I can invite to all open slots for a tourney game?

To add to this, perhaps remember the users that were invited so that multiple games can be created easily?

I agree with elon...what he is saying is if you create a game for a tournament let's say 4 players it only lets you invite player 2, 3, 4 because it puts you as player number 1

this is what i said yesterday and blake says it will be a couple of days :)

any news on this being done?
plurple is not purple 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Major plurple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:19 pm

plurple wrote:
plurple wrote:
mcshanester29 wrote:

Gilligan wrote:

To add to this, perhaps remember the users that were invited so that multiple games can be created easily?

I agree with elon...what he is saying is if you create a game for a tournament let's say 4 players it only lets you invite player 2, 3, 4 because it puts you as player number 1

this is what i said yesterday and blake says it will be a couple of days :)

any news on this being done?

It's being worked on still.
Thanks,
IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:11 am

Inviting when creating a game isn't working. Just tried it twice and no invites were sent when the game was made.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:05 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Inviting when creating a game isn't working. Just tried it twice and no invites were sent when the game was made.

If it's a non-tournament game, make sure you leave Player 1 blank. Player 1 is just for tournament games; for all others you are Player 1. I presume they'll eventually tweak it so that Player 1 doesn't even show up for non-tournament games, but for now I think you have to manually leave it blank.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you 12 man games!

2013-09-08 22:52:09 - Stbtgal lost 24 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - NoSurvivors lost 23 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - blockhead15 lost 22 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - Gabriel13 lost 23 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - musicalmaven lost 18 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - westbo lost 28 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - ChadTomer lost 28 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - dvlajko lost 34 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - Hawkeye Pierce lost 19 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - trboye lost 18 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - Predatorius lost 26 points in round - 7
2013-09-08 22:52:09 - Bruceswar gained 263 points in round - 7
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:09 am

Isn't it a bit early to archive this thread?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Just so you guys know I LOVED these updates! Keep up the good work guys :)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 am

So it has been some time... I still wish the wait time was taken off. It just has so many drawback to it! It has not increased freestyle games. I still see the same players, playing in the game. The speed game wait time makes it even better for people like me who are quick. Your average player is put at a loss with only 40 seconds left. Assuming it is a 1 minute game.

What are the thoughts on this??
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 am

Bruceswar wrote:So it has been some time... I still wish the wait time was taken off. It just has so many drawback to it! It has not increased freestyle games. I still see the same players, playing in the game. The speed game wait time makes it even better for people like me who are quick. Your average player is put at a loss with only 40 seconds left. Assuming it is a 1 minute game.

+1

Also highlighted a certain point, as many people seem to be missing this and assuming the less experienced freestyle players will have more time to take their move in speed games.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:So it has been some time... I still wish the wait time was taken off. It just has so many drawback to it! It has not increased freestyle games. I still see the same players, playing in the game. The speed game wait time makes it even better for people like me who are quick. Your average player is put at a loss with only 40 seconds left. Assuming it is a 1 minute game.

+1

Also highlighted a certain point, as many people seem to be missing this and assuming the less experienced freestyle players will have more time to take their move in speed games.

The suggestion was originally intending to add a time clock to the beginning of the game; time was not supposed to be taken out of the first round. We'll look into whether that can be changed.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby bigWham on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

+1

The suggestion was originally intending to add a time clock to the beginning of the game; time was not supposed to be taken out of the first round. We'll look into whether that can be changed.

it was maybe 10 times easier to do it that way - the difference between something that could happen (has happened) and would not likely happen. Happen to look at any suggested modifications of this - for example, only make it for 1v1.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:12 pm

bigWham wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

+1

it was maybe 10 times easier to do it that way - the difference between something that could happen (has happened) and would not likely happen. Happen to look at any suggested modifications of this - for example, only make it for 1v1.

Ok. The system is still better now than it was before, for newer freestyle players. If the person absolutely cannot finish their first turn without the extra 20 seconds, they probably shouldn't be expecting to win any 1 minute games, and instead play slower time controls until they've built up their speed.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:39 am

bigWham wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

+1

It would be best if it was made an option that people could pick. Those who want to use can, and those who do not should not be forced to use it. The 1 hour wait is really a bit much! The 20 second wait just hurts less experienced players even more. Make it an option and everybody is happy!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby denominator on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:25 am

The most frustrating thing I've found with the delay is that it loops itself. If you try to play before the time limit, it blocks you and gives you the "jump to next playable game" link. If you click that, it reads the same game as the next playable and just reloads the page. You have to skip the game, which then means you won't jump to it if/when the time limit is up.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives