Conquer Club

Dice Complaints and Various Suggestions to Fix Them

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: A cap limit on the dice luck

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm

luck would still be part of the game, but there would be a limit to the possible luck, so more strategy less luck.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby cooldeals on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:50 pm

This does not in fact eliminate luck from the game. Take the following scenario.

Player A rolls at the cap for best possible luck 3 turns in a row.
Player B during those same turns rolls the worst possible luck.
Neither have had rolls altered as they are exactly at the ceiling and floor of the acceptable range.
Player B rolls an impossible roll that might even the game after a horrible first 3 rounds.
Player B's roll is limited and he is still significantly behind despite the fact that allowing this roll would have evened the dice odds for the game.

Player A wins by being more consistently "reasonably" lucky v. lucky all in one roll.

I'd say the option you are looking for is a surrender button or mercy rule. When odds are insurmountable surrender becomes an option.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:56 pm

I stand by my statement that this cap limit is purely a way to limit the luck and that luck would still be part of the game. A surrender button would be nice but this is not part of this post and that was not the intent of this post. But merely a suggestion for what to do for luck.

By the way this would also assure a relatively equal start as 6vs3 would have to result into a capture, the only thing that luck would change afterward is how many units are left to defend the territory.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Swifte on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:02 pm

See, that's just silly. Why should I be guaranteed a win for rolling 5 v 4 when real dice odds say I should only win 47% of the time?
Colonel Swifte

Postby timogl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:05 pm

why does my little odds calculator, when i put in 3 vs 2, say 36%?

(don't get me wrong, i think that is far more reasonable sounding than 63%, given the defense gets the ties and all.)

((10 vs one failing isn't impossible. what sucks is that it doesn't happen more often.))

(((also, guaranteeing that 6 vs 3 results in a capture is, well. crazy. instead of a more flameful word, i will got with crazy.)))
Lieutenant timogl

Postby Swifte on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 pm

timogl wrote:why does my little odds calculator, when i put in 3 vs 2, say 36%?

(don't get me wrong, i think that is far more reasonable sounding than 63%, given the defense gets the ties and all.)

((10 vs one failing isn't impossible. what sucks is that it doesn't happen more often.))

(((also, guaranteeing that 6 vs 3 results in a capture is, well. crazy. instead of a more flameful word, i will got with crazy.)))

I think your calculator is interpreting 3 v 2 as 3 attack armies (2 dice) against 2 defenders (2 dice) ... which natuarally gives the advantage to the defender. Put in the total number of armies involved, not the number of dice you want rolled.
Colonel Swifte

Postby timogl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:14 pm

sorry, i thought that was what i did. what is he talking about 3 vs 2? three armies vs two armies? because that is two dice to two dice. is he talking about larger attacks in that ratio, like 6 to 3. i don't get it. i think the suggestion might be the worst one i've ever heard though, just because it proceeds from an automatic kill at 6 to 3, which is awful.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby Swifte on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm

timogl wrote:sorry, i thought that was what i did. what is he talking about 3 vs 2? three armies vs two armies? because that is two dice to two dice. is he talking about larger attacks in that ratio, like 6 to 3. i don't get it. i think the suggestion might be the worst one i've ever heard though, just because it proceeds from an automatic kill at 6 to 3, which is awful.

When he said 3v2, he meant 3 attacking dice against 2 defensive dice (such as 4 armies against 2).
Colonel Swifte

Postby timogl on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:19 pm

(i mean, the most hateful luck isn't the attacking dice losing 6 to 3, or losing 10 to one. the silliest thing is when the first turn (or some subsequent turn) adds three armies to three and then kills like six troops with it and occupies two regions (or something even worse,it happens enough). that's dumb but its something you just live with. if i read it right, he wants the luck fixed to make that silly outcome happen more often.)
Lieutenant timogl

Postby SiriusCowKing on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:29 pm

I looked into the dices stats and apparently I made a mistake, the actual stats are 54% chance for a 3v2 (help section number 25). I will have to recalculate and post again but I don't have more time to do that today. Should I just delete the post and start over another day or edit later?
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:Should I just delete the post and start over another day or edit later?

Delete the post and don't start over.
Major Bones2484

Postby greenoaks on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:28 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:I looked into the dices stats and apparently I made a mistake, the actual stats are 54% chance for a 3v2 (help section number 25). I will have to recalculate and post again but I don't have more time to do that today. Should I just delete the post and start over another day or edit later?

the luck is fine as it is. move on.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:39 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:I looked into the dices stats and apparently I made a mistake, the actual stats are 54% chance for a 3v2 (help section number 25). I will have to recalculate and post again but I don't have more time to do that today. Should I just delete the post and start over another day or edit later?

Please edit it later, we want the first posts in Suggestions threads to constantly stay up-to-date :-)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Armandolas on Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:02 am

Ive heard somewhere that CC can ask random.org, to reduce/raise crazy dice streaks .
Last time changes were made, those dice streaks were raised.
I dont know where ive read it , but if im not mistaken it was bigwham who wrote that
Colonel Armandolas

Postby SiriusCowKing on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 am

I changed the numbers in post, please re read it.

With these numbers, a 6v3 is not an assured win, which makes more sense. In the worst case of 6v3 the attacker lose 4 but the defender has to lose 2 troops, which leaves 2 troops for the attacker and 1 for the defender. After that it's a 1 vs 1 dice and it's only 41% chance to win, may the luck be with you then :P
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:57 pm

So, there are 11 votes to keep the dice the same and 1 to change the dice. I think this would take an overwhelming majority to have the site want to change something as inherent in this game as dice luck. Thanks for the effort, but this will need to be REJECTED.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Change dice software.

Postby Trevor33 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 pm

This is a serious problem with the site. Everyone knows, some accept it and stay (but still complain about it) while i know of others who have left and cost the owners money.

The dice are the same for everyone and i do believe they someone level themselves out over time but that doesn't mean the system is not flawed.

Example - today i lost 9 3vs1 rolls in a row - NINE!

I've had better wins so i'm not complaining about those rolls, what i am saying that is how can i take this site seriously then the dice consistently throws up wild/unlikely bordering on impossible results?

Plus it's not completely random because there is a trick to it, good rolls are often followed by good rolls and bad rolls bad. Don't like your dice? Stop, go out of the game, come back in and it's amazing how 3 loses in a row turns into 3 wins in a row. The 9 losses in a row was in a game that i didn't really care about but wanted to see how many i could lose in a row... normally after 3 in a row i'll leave the game.

I challenge the owners to keep rolling actual dice 3vs1 until they win with the 1 9 times in a row, it won't happen - ever.

We pay to play a game here, all we deserve is life like random dice.
Major Trevor33

Re: Change dice software.

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:48 pm

[Delete Me]
PLACE THE NAME OF THE SUGGESTION IN THE SUBJECT LINE!

Things to remember when posting a new suggestion are that the dice are random, and that lots of analysis has been done on them both internally and public by community members. Also, please take time to search for previous similar suggestions and, if possible, to check current and archived threads before posting something "new". Delete the xxxxxxx, and substitute your text.

Any questions, contact one of the Suggestions Moderators.
[/Delete Me]

Surely you read that.

REJECTED
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Change dice software.

Postby JamesKer1 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 pm

trevor33 wrote:This is a serious problem with the site. Everyone knows, some accept it and stay (but still complain about it) while i know of others who have left and cost the owners money.

The dice are the same for everyone and i do believe they someone level themselves out over time but that doesn't mean the system is not flawed.

Example - today i lost 9 3vs1 rolls in a row - NINE!

I've had better wins so i'm not complaining about those rolls, what i am saying that is how can i take this site seriously then the dice consistently throws up wild/unlikely bordering on impossible results?

Plus it's not completely random because there is a trick to it, good rolls are often followed by good rolls and bad rolls bad. Don't like your dice? Stop, go out of the game, come back in and it's amazing how 3 loses in a row turns into 3 wins in a row. The 9 losses in a row was in a game that i didn't really care about but wanted to see how many i could lose in a row... normally after 3 in a row i'll leave the game.

I challenge the owners to keep rolling actual dice 3vs1 until they win with the 1 9 times in a row, it won't happen - ever.

We pay to play a game here, all we deserve is life like random dice.

MERGED
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

DICE ARE HORRIBLE!

Postby jjt034 on Wed May 06, 2015 8:56 am

How about fixing the dice so that you don't lose every battle... That would be nice!
Cook jjt034

Re: DICE ARE HORRIBLE!

Postby waauw on Wed May 06, 2015 9:30 am

your dice stats say you have % luck or bad luck overall...
Lieutenant waauw

Re: DICE ARE HORRIBLE!

Postby Army of GOD on Wed May 06, 2015 7:22 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions