Conquer Club

[CC4] OSA vs OTP 33-28 OSA Win (Final) 10/28

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 22-20

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

We re talking about the world's most popular watched and played sport, not some regional rugby! ;)

How on earth is it called american football, when less than 5% of the time they use their foot rather than their arm? Call it what it is; american rugby. It s not an uninteresting sport though, I d rather watch that than baseball, which is probably the lamest sport ever (i d prefer to watch curling! Lol).
I Heard that american football players have a life expectancy bellow 60yo, a bit like wrestlers. Too many head traumas, painkillers and dopping products!
Major betiko

Postby freakns on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 pm

this one is looking like 29-26 OSA with 6 undecided games.

in those 6, Otpisani are having advantage in both Conquer Rome(at least i hope we do :D), and Brazil, OSA is having advantage in FNA and Europe 1914, and Feudal trips are too early to call.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Auger13 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:53 pm

betiko wrote:We re talking about the world's most popular watched and played sport, not some regional rugby! ;)

How on earth is it called american football, when less than 5% of the time they use their foot rather than their arm? Call it what it is; american rugby. It s not an uninteresting sport though, I d rather watch that than baseball, which is probably the lamest sport ever (i d prefer to watch curling! Lol).
I Heard that american football players have a life expectancy bellow 60yo, a bit like wrestlers. Too many head traumas, painkillers and dopping products!

Rugby is not played on a rug is it? The name of the sport doesn't neccessarily have to tie directly into the sport. I do agree baseball is painful to watch, but it's fun to play - I would say the same thing about soccer to though, not really exciting to watch unless it's the world cup, for me anyways (I know I'm going to recieve some hate mail over this :lol: )

we do have Rugby here in the US, I played it in college, and it's the same as rugby everywhere else (we're just not as good as other countries :? )

About the life expectancy - I don't know exactly, but it's very common for players to have a lot of health issues later in life unfortunately..
Major Auger13

Postby betiko on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Auger13 wrote:
betiko wrote:We re talking about the world's most popular watched and played sport, not some regional rugby! ;)

Rugby is not played on a rug is it? The name of the sport doesn't neccessarily have to tie directly into the sport. I do agree baseball is painful to watch, but it's fun to play - I would say the same thing about soccer to though, not really exciting to watch unless it's the world cup, for me anyways (I know I'm going to recieve some hate mail over this :lol: )

we do have Rugby here in the US, I played it in college, and it's the same as rugby everywhere else (we're just not as good as other countries :? )

About the life expectancy - I don't know exactly, but it's very common for players to have a lot of health issues later in life unfortunately..

Rugby is the name of the school in england where it was invented. The original name is rugby football. During a football match, some dude got crazy, picked the ball up and started running towards the goal. American football, canadian football, australian footie ect are all derivates from rugby, their mother s sport.. Which mother sport is football lol

And yes, tons of sports have a name related; football, handball, basketball, baseball, volleyball, humm dodgeball! Lol

Regarding football, yeah, it can often be boring, but that just makes you apreciate even more when you have a really good match. You ll never get tired by the endless scenarios you never thought could be possible in a football game, but I guess it s true about any sports.

I personally never managed to watch a full american football match, it s ridiculously too long and they are always stopped. Not to mention all the commercials... I think it could be interesting but the format is unbearable to watch on TV. The american sport I ve always enjoyed watching is the NBA. It was hugely popular in the 90s in europe, but since the retirement of Jordan it seems like it s less followed by the medias. I think football got more popular than ever. Here in france the second most important sport is rugby.

I think freakns once told me that OTP are actually a bunch of friends who know each other from a serbian american football forum, so they must like it pretty much.

Anyways, looks like this matchup between you guys is still pretty tight even if OSA has the advantage!
Major betiko

Postby Auger13 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:04 pm

ok - not sure if this is true or not, but I googled why is football called football, and there was some stuff about it tracing back to rugby football, but the more common reason is because the ball is 1 foot long, whatever it is what it is, but regarless it's certainly the most popular sport here in the states :).

Yep - great match here with OTP and OSA (as usual)- GO OSA!!! :)
Highest Rank: 50 Score: 3359
willedtowin1 [team]: all you you sexy ass beast ....lol
[img]th.jpg[/img]
Major Auger13

Postby silversun6 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:07 am

freakns wrote:this one is looking like 29-26 OSA with 6 undecided games.

in those 6, Otpisani are having advantage in both Conquer Rome(at least i hope we do :D), and Brazil, OSA is having advantage in FNA and Europe 1914, and Feudal trips are too early to call.

why you fill our thread with those nonsense , no one here is interested in the score....

im sure Osa would beat OTP at soccer.. im a much better soccer player than risk, and benga is so fat he will block the whole goal.
OSA 2013 GRAND POOBA Seamus76 AKA TopDog
Colonel silversun6

Postby freakns on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am

betiko wrote:I think freakns once told me that OTP are actually a bunch of friends who know each other from a serbian american football forum, so they must like it pretty much.

not all of us, but yes, core of players are big american football fans. trboye and grandilof are Eagles fans, dinustef Pats, omiljeni Jets, fins Dolphins, cille Bears, and lordnex and myself Bucs.

im actually one of the european fans who doesnt like football(or soccer as americans call it) at all... to me, its pretty much like watching baseball. its basketball on first(national team games), second(Partizan games) and third(any good basketball game will do it :D) followed by american football, then field and tracks and tennis... and thats about it i think. although i like sport in general, so its not like i dont watch anything but this :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:22 am

betiko wrote:Here in france the second most important sport is rugby.

Pity you guys suck at it, but at least you can pay all our saffers you keep luring in!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:00 am

Leehar wrote:

Pity you guys suck at it, but at least you can pay all our saffers you keep luring in!

We are really not at our best these past few years, but at least we were in the last world cup finals and almost beat the all blacks while the tourney was held there. We used to win almost all 6 nations cup till not too long ago, we ve really been ridiculous last year even losing vs italy.
I remember the 95 world cup semifinals france vs south africa held there (you re probably too young for that) gosh what a frustrating game! Raining and inches away from scoring a try to win the game for like 10 minutes. Wasn t there a movie about that world cup with matt damon and morgan freeman as mandela? About how political that 95 rugby world cup was and everything..
We have the best league with all the world s rugby superstars though ;)
Major betiko

Postby Arama86n on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:04 am

betiko wrote:
Leehar wrote:

We are really not at our best these past few years, but at least we were in the last world cup finals and almost beat the all blacks while the tourney was held there. We used to win almost all 6 nations cup till not too long ago, we ve really been ridiculous last year even losing vs italy.
I remember the 95 world cup semifinals france vs south africa held there (you re probably too young for that) gosh what a frustrating game! Raining and inches away from scoring a try to win the game for like 10 minutes. Wasn t there a movie about that world cup with matt damon and morgan freeman as mandela? About how political that 95 rugby world cup was and everything..
We have the best league with all the world s rugby superstars though ;)

Yeah that '95 one was a bit infamous I hear. 2/3 of the All Black team conveniently got food poisoned before the final...

As for the most recent final jeeesus. I don't think you know betiko, but my old man is a Kiwi, and I've lived there for 6 years. So you can guess who I was cheering for ;)
Was at the Dubliner, 9am Swedish time, the pub was so packed you couldn't have got a mouse in there. People were walking by outside with their eyes popping out of their head wondering what the hell 200 people were doing at the pub nine in the morning :lol:
That's the only thing that was funny about that final though... what a painful game. I didn't enjoy watching it at all. The best part was when the ref put that whistle to his lips for the last time. And the 15 hours of emptying my bank account that followed :)
Major Arama86n

Postby Leehar on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:40 am

Arama86n wrote:Yeah that '95 one was a bit infamous I hear.

I'm sure you'll find it infamous tomorrow when we beat you in Eden Park as well!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Arama86n on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 am

Leehar wrote:
Arama86n wrote:Yeah that '95 one was a bit infamous I hear.

I'm sure you'll find it infamous tomorrow when we beat you in Eden Park as well!

:lol: :lol:
Good luck with that.
Major Arama86n

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 24-22

Postby silversun6 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:24 am

OSA needs to win this to secure victory,
Game 13169574

benga vs freakns head to head

my bet is on the major
Colonel silversun6

Postby josko.ri on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:07 am

silversun6 wrote:OSA needs to win this to secure victory,
Game 13169574

my bet is on the major

It is known that Croatians are the best on unlimited, while Serbs are limited. :mrgreen:
So benga wins for sure, i can say that even without looking inside fog.
Major josko.ri

Postby silversun6 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 am

josko.ri wrote:
silversun6 wrote:OSA needs to win this to secure victory,
Game 13169574

my bet is on the major

It is known that Croatians are the best on unlimited, while Serbs are limited. :mrgreen:
So benga wins for sure, i can say that even without looking inside fog.

than prepare your troops for OSA in the next round
Colonel silversun6

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:32 am

josko.ri wrote:It is known that Croatians are the best on unlimited, while Serbs are limited. :mrgreen:

:lol:
Major betiko

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 26-23

Postby freakns on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 pm

i played whole war like complete shit... and the rest of my clanmates werent that much better... so congratulations OSA, we gave our... not best :( well deserved victory for you guys, good luck in quarters

and this result has justified my position to take short(at least i hope its short :D) absence from the site... i need to replenish my batteries, cause playing like this was more torture then pleasure for me. and benga was right, being a looser does stink!
Brigadier freakns

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 29-26

Postby PROFITS on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Congrats OSA, thought this would be a good match and was right.

I don't know how you manage to participate in CCup, Premier League CL5, and still mange 2 wars against 2 top 10 clans (Pack & Fallen). 44 players has to help with that, lots of familiar faces over there. Good luck in your next :mrgreen:
Colonel PROFITS

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 29-26

Postby silversun6 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:37 am

PROFITS wrote:Congrats OSA, thought this would be a good match and was right.

I don't know how you manage to participate in CCup, Premier League CL5, and still mange 2 wars against 2 top 10 clans (Pack & Fallen). 44 players has to help with that, lots of familiar faces over there. Good luck in your next :mrgreen:

we are getting lazy actually, we had over 100 active clan games few months ago, its now just 51.
Colonel silversun6

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 30-27

Postby Nicky15 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:51 am

Looks like OSA is about to bring in the 31st win Game 13169574 very close war, will probably end 31-30 ! gg's everyone.
Major Nicky15

Postby benga on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Wp otp, till next time!
Sergeant benga

Postby trboye on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 am

Congrats OSA!
Lieutenant trboye

Re: [CC4] OSA vs OTP 31-27 OSA Win.

Postby Auger13 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

great battle guys :) doesn't get much closer than this!
Highest Rank: 50 Score: 3359
willedtowin1 [team]: all you you sexy ass beast ....lol
[img]th.jpg[/img]
Major Auger13

Postby Arama86n on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Nicly done OSA :)
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can