Cook EvilBaby

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [41/50 Play

Postby 2007spaceodyssey on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:04 am

In please with Poker Club chained non spoils foggy
Captain 2007spaceodyssey

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Could Conquer 500 not be on that list too? :(

Anyhow, I'll take Operation Drug War, No Spoils, Chained, Fog.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby patrick1744 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 pm

I will play if still available. Labyrinth. chained. no spoil. sunny. I would like trench but if I have to, i'll play reg. movement.
Colonel patrick1744

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Could Conquer 500 not be on that list too? :(

It doesn't have that many neutral starting locations though!

patrick1744 wrote:I would like trench but if I have to, i'll play reg. movement.

Yep sorry, all games will be No Trench! Thanks for joining though! (:

Updated till here! Marked as full, but still taking signups till first round games are created.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 1]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Update

Privileges have been awarded, games have been created, and invites sent out.

Just a note to all players, the map settings are Player1's home map settings. If your home map settings are wrong, please inform me immediately and do NOT accept the invite. If I am not informed of the mistake after you have taken 2 turns in the game, the game will not be recreated.

Also, do remember that if you win your Away game but not your Home game, your Home map will be swapped to the Away settings for the rest of the tournament. And there is a General Achievement Medal up for grabs for the most number of Away wins!

In other news, hagardunor has been deadbeating in my other tournaments and hasn't logged in for a while, so he has been removed.

Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [0/? Player

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Vid_FISO wrote:Some of those maps can be won without ever having to take a neutral :?

i like this insight information
will come hopefully usefull in future, thx
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 2]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:08 am

Update

Round 1 is now complete, with 34 of the 44 players progressing to next round. Of these, 9 players are moving on with new home maps, after losing their original home map but winning their away maps.

With the loss of these home maps, as well as of those players that have been eliminated, the pool of possible maps has dropped from 27 maps to 21. But does anyone actually care? No, I don't think so, but I'll just say it anyway :P

Also, 19 players have got themselves on the board for the GA Medal for the most number of Away wins. I've also just realised I haven't come up with a tiebreaker for the GA Medal... I shall announce it when I've decided on it.

Round 2 will begin shortly. Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 2]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Update

For those players who've had to be reinvited to new games, just to explain what's going on - deantursx and The Plume have decided to step away from CC for a while, and thus have been removed from the tournament.

After reshuffling the affecting players around, all matchups should be fixed now, and hopefully everyone can jump into their games asap. The field of 34 players has also thus been reduced to 32, for Round 2.

And while we're at it, I might as well add that 3 games are already complete, and we have 3 players who've claimed their spots in Round 3. 3 games down, 29 more to go!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 3]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 am

Update

Round 3 began with 26 players in the mix, and now ends with 20 players. Of the 20 home settings left in the draw, only 2 maps appear more than once - Antarctica and Conquer Rome. It certainly deserves mention that the 3 players with Conquer Rome as their home map (and incidentally, the exact same settings) are among the 12 players who have yet to lose on their home map.

On the other side of the coin, osman76 is currently the only player who has won all 3 of his Away games so far.

We're currently waiting for the last player's home map for Round 4 to be confirmed - dependent on whether JohnAarson wins his current home game in Round 3.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 4]

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 am

I've won all my home maps as well, thank you. ;)
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I've won all my home maps as well, thank you. ;)

Haha yes, one of the 12! But I didn't exactly want to list out all 12 names :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 am

anamainiacks wrote:

Oh yeah, I misunderstood what you were saying. I've lost every away map so far so we'll end that conversation there..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby slytown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:15 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

Oh yeah, I misunderstood what you were saying. I've lost every away map so far so we'll end that conversation there..

i'm having the same luck as you caffeine ... totally annihilated on away maps so far :cry:
Sergeant slytown

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:16 am

slytown wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

i'm having the same luck as you caffeine ... totally annihilated on away maps so far :cry:

Well on the bright side, you just earned the distinction as the first player to stop osman76's Away Win streak :P
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 5]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Update

Round 4 is quickly over, and we enter Round 5 with only 6 players still holding on to their original home map - agripa, AslanTheKing, ChrisPond, dkmaster, osman76 and slytown. With a field of 16 players left, that means less than half of the players still hold on to the homeground advantage that they entered the tournament with.

On the side of the hunt for the GA Medal, osman76's winning streak has been broken, as previously reported. And with that, 4 other players join him at the top of the Away wins leaderboard with 3 wins each - ancessus, ChrisPond, plurple and puppydog85.

In other news, after just 4 rounds of play, Age Of Realms 1: Might and Peloponnesian War now both are being handed over to their 4th owner.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 6]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Update

Round 5 is perhaps our cruelest round yet, with 6 out of 16 players (or 37.5%) getting cut in this round.

Interestingly enough, none of the players that advanced needed to switch their home maps this time.

We are now down to the top 10 players, and the competition is definitely going to be stiff! Games will be created and sent tomorrow when I'm free.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 7]

Postby slytown on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:02 pm

where is the update about how cruel round 6 was ... i finally lost my home map *cry cry shedding tears* .... but at teh same time finally won my first away map!! *hoooray*
Sergeant slytown

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:08 pm

slytown wrote:where is the update about how cruel round 6 was ... i finally lost my home map *cry cry shedding tears* .... but at teh same time finally won my first away map!! *hoooray*

Haha it's coming in a bit - I'm still updating the rest of my tournaments (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Update

Another round draws to a close, and yet another 40% of the remaining players get cut from the tournament, with just 6 players vying for the win.

Of these, only 2 players still possess their original home maps - ChrisPond and dkmaster, both of whom have the exact same home map and settings on Conquer Rome. This means they've been undefeated on their home settings for 6 straight rounds now! It'd be interesting to see which of the 2 would come out on top if they were pitted against each other, but Random.org has decided to hold off this showdown for yet another round.

The rest of the 4 players sport home settings different from the ones they entered the tournament with. Of these, only patrick1744's original home map and settings is left in the tournament - Labyrinth, currently held by Marshallbobby. Of course, whether he wants to get his home map back is another story, as he seems to have been doing perfectly fine on his current home settings on All Your Base Are Belong To Us, which he has held since losing his home map way back in Round 1.

The fight for the GA Medal is still anybody's game at the moment, with 4 players tied at 4 Away wins apiece, though 1 of them is already out of the tournament at this point. It's worth mentioning that 5 out of the 6 players that advanced to Round 7 managed to win their Away games in Round 6.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Nothing But Neutral Ground: King of Neutrals [Round 8]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:05 am

Update

Round 8, here we come. Round 7 saw the dismissal of 2 players out of the pool of 6, leaving us with just 4 players. After taking out one of the Conquer Rome maps in Round 6, D00MandD3A7H repeated this feat in Round 7 when he took out dkmaster on his Conquer Rome home, bringing about dkmaster's first loss on his home, as well as his elimination from the tournament. He didn't have such luck on his own home map, however, and now takes over as one of the Conquer Rome home map users.

Of the 4 remaining in the tournament, just 1 remains that has held on to his home map from the beginning till now - ChrisPond. We're still waiting for our top 2 finalists though, so anything can happen between now and then.

In the race for the GA Medal, the field has narrowed down to the 4 very players that are still in the tournament. ChrisPond and patrick1744 currently lead the pack with 5 Away wins apiece, while the other 2 trail behind at 4 Away wins.
Colonel anamainiacks

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013