Conquer Club

Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and Clans

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby b00060 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:17 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
bigWham wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
sundance123 wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
b00060 wrote:To not make the beta map medal retro is a shame.

data needed for this is not stored anywhere. Much like the random map medal.

I dont understand this. There is big difference between this and the random medal. With random you never knew if a game was created as random because this info wasnt stored.

With the beta medal surely you only need the time and date the game was started and the time and date the map left beta.

Yeah, apparently I was misunderstanding, looks like these were retroactively given afterall.

We do not have the time and date the map left beta stored in any database. It would be theoretically possible to research and input that data, however that would have delayed the medal and we preferred to get it into play.

The wins are only retroactive for the maps that are currently in Beta.

Perhaps b00 and sundance are volunteering to take on this task?

BAHAHAHAH, I PAY for this site and do not even have all of the privileges that I pay for. Why the hell would I waste my free time on a site that won't even let me speak my mind about other players freely??????????????????????????????????
Major b00060

Postby thelord on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Why no parachute medal?
Lieutenant thelord

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Just finished a krazy kingdoms game. As it has been closed while we were playing it, it wasn t written as beta anymore, even if it s still beta, but closed till some fixes are done, therefore it didn t count towards the beta medal. That s a problem.
Major betiko

Postby narutoserigala on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Dear bigWham,

I read your polymorphic suggestion with interest and was willing to give it a try. You credited rocksolid with it and so, I wanted to understand the rationale behind it more.

After reading rocksolid's post,I got a little confused. Let me use an analogy for illustration.

How I understand it is like this, you are telling us there is a different way to cook a "duck" (1vs 1 game) and why we should try it. On the other hand, rocksolid was suggesting to try cooking "chicken" differently (1 person controlling team games)" . He only said it might be interesting but we are left to wonder why should we try it at all!

For your information, a chicken and a duck may be similiar (they have wings and so on) but they are completely different creatures, lol.

As for myself, I could tell the difference between a chicken from a duck. I tried duck but did not like it at first. Afterwards, I tolerated it after discovering a new way to cook it. For example, 1st turner no attack rule (josko's method) and a variation of that (1st turner 2 terr attack limit rule at my 1v1 Waterloo games).

What your polymorphic suggestion essentially is but yet another way to cook a duck!

Since I am liking duck more and more these days, I am willing to try this method too! lol

By the way, polymorphic may also work with chicken but I can't say for sure because I am not a cook (no pun intended) :)

Cheers, naruto
Last edited by narutoserigala on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Field Marshal narutoserigala

Postby xman5151 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Clan page enhancements are excellent :D

Haven't tried the new game options yet, but excited to! Good stuff
Private xman5151

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Jippd wrote:For the bot medal you need to beat whambot only to get the 200 wins for bronze right?

If so I think the medal descriptions page should be changed since it says "defeat bot opponent "X" times" currently. A more clear description that you need to defeat whambot then sassbot then whatever the next plan is.

Also if you plan to keep making more and more bots then perhaps the bot medal would be better like a tournament win or general contribution style medal that is roman numeral based. I'm assuming you plan to have many different levels of bots eventually so the roman numeral system will allow you to get a lot more medals.

IMO, 4 bot levels seems like plenty (and 4 bot medals)
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Jippd on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:33 am

I was hoping to get some really difficult bots some day. I just didn't imagine a level 4 bot being that difficult (comparing it the difference in difficulty between level 1 and 2 bots) which is why I thought they might have more than 4.
Major Jippd

Postby bigWham on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:17 pm

narutoserigala wrote:Dear bigWham,

I read your polymorphic suggestion with interest and was willing to give it a try. You credited rocksolid with it and so, I wanted to understand the rationale behind it more.

After reading rocksolid's post,I got a little confused. Let me use an analogy for illustration.

How I understand it is like this, you are telling us there is a different way to cook a "duck" (1vs 1 game) and why we should try it. On the other hand, rocksolid was suggesting to try cooking "chicken" differently (1 person controlling team games)" . He only said it might be interesting but we are left to wonder why should we try it at all!

For your information, a chicken and a duck may be similiar (they have wings and so on) but they are completely different creatures, lol.

As for myself, I could tell the difference between a chicken from a duck. I tried duck but did not like it at first. Afterwards, I tolerated it after discovering a new way to cook it. For example, 1st turner no attack rule (josko's method) and a variation of that (1st turner 2 terr attack limit rule at my 1v1 Waterloo games).

What your polymorphic suggestion essentially is but yet another way to cook a duck!

Since I am liking duck more and more these days, I am willing to try this method too! lol

By the way, polymorphic may also work with chicken but I can't say for sure because I am not a cook (no pun intended) :)

Cheers, naruto

'For example, 1st turner no attack rule (josko's method) and a variation of that (1st turner 2 terr attack limit rule at my 1v1 Waterloo games).'

i would hope that something of this type might make it through to Submitted Suggestions.... whereupon it has a good chance of being implemented fairly quickly.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby bigWham on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Jippd wrote:I was hoping to get some really difficult bots some day. I just didn't imagine a level 4 bot being that difficult (comparing it the difference in difficulty between level 1 and 2 bots) which is why I thought they might have more than 4.

if bot technology improves, then i suspect bot medal technology may also improve ;)
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Shannon Apple on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

thelord wrote:Why no parachute medal?

It's a reinforcement method like chained, adjacent, unlimited. Doesn't need a medal. =)
00:33:53 ā€¹riskllamaā€ŗ will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I doubt it
00:34:30 ā€¹LiveLoveTeachā€ŗ I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:14 am

Shannon Apple wrote:

It's a reinforcement method like chained, adjacent, unlimited. Doesn't need a medal. =)

+.95

the only reason this isn't a +1 is because the parachute medal has an obvious design that would look cool.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:56 am

agentcom wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

+.95

the only reason this isn't a +1 is because the parachute medal has an obvious design that would look cool.

I give it a +45. Chained, adjacent and unlimited are normal ways, parachutes are like nukes, a non standard game play. Give paras a medals. The real ones get one. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:11 am

koontz1973 wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

+.95

I give it a +45. Chained, adjacent and unlimited are normal ways, parachutes are like nukes, a non standard game play. Give paras a medals. The real ones get one. ;)

I question your definition of "normal." I also note that you've completely flipped what my +.95 was for and against. I think you meant -45.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 am

Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 am

Shannon Apple wrote:

it is not one of the 'Standard' gameplay options and should have its own medal
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby josko.ri on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:30 am

bigWham wrote:'For example, 1st turner no attack rule (josko's method) and a variation of that (1st turner 2 terr attack limit rule at my 1v1 Waterloo games).'

i would hope that something of this type might make it through to Submitted Suggestions.... whereupon it has a good chance of being implemented fairly quickly.

This is already suggested under Archived suggestions: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=104860

How it works in reality you can check in many my 1v1 games vs many players, the most recent ones vs jalijoo.
Right now, It is just that I rely to other player's honesty that he would make first turn like it was prearranged deal between him and me, but if this gets officially implemented, it can be third initial deployment option, in addition to Manual and Automatic, where game starts as Automatic, but first turn of first player is played as Manual (only deployment allowed), and then real game starts.

On this way, both players would get some advantage, first player would get troop advantage (because even in round 2 he will have for usage 3 drop from round 1 and 3 drop from round 2, while the first player will have only 3 drop from round 1), and second player would get first attack and carding chance. Right now, first player has both troop advantage, first attack and first carding chance, so this suggestion would for sure increase skill level factor over dice level factor. Notice, this can also be applied to team games with the same effect, it is not related to singles only.

Anyway, thanks for implementing multiple suggestions, really nice job by leaders =D>

I have a question, what exactly falls under Challenge Achievement medal? If it is something for winning community challenges, and if it is something which will be awarded retroactive, does for example all past Official CC Tournaments falls under that medal? For example this tournament, which is currently under General Achievement medals: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=147591
Major josko.ri

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 am

Yes josko s rule seems cool.

I also want to know more about the challenge acheivement. Is this like doomyoshi s challenges?

And i got no reply about maps that are beta, that are closed for improvement and that are no longer counted as beta in the medal stats. Do we get them back as soon as they are reopened as beta?

And is there something we can do to help regarding beta maps release from beta dates to get those unique kills we performed as beta that are not counted?
Major betiko

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:17 am

agentcom wrote:I question your definition of "normal." I also note that you've completely flipped what my +.95 was for and against. I think you meant -45.

I put the point in the wrong area, but I stand by it not being a normal GP option. Flat, esc and no spoils do not have a medal but nukes does.
greenoaks wrote:it is not one of the 'Standard' gameplay options and should have its own medal

Give the paras a medal. :D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby General Bax on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:09 am

doesn't parachute reinforcements require a parachute achievment medal ? :)
Sergeant 1st Class General Bax

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 am

I agree there should be a parachute medal.

Minor bug; in waiting speed games if parachutes are chosen it shows no option at all for reinforcements.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:20 pm

I disagree, i dont think parachutes raelly wants a new medal. but im fine with it either way really, just giving another opinion ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Booleans on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:37 pm

How do victory conditions work in polymorphic games?

Let's say I'm playing team 1 (colors red, green, blue, and yellow) in a polymorphic game with victory conditions. Can I win if I split the objectives between different colors (let's say my red troops are holding half of the objectives while my green units are holding the other half)? Or do I still have to be holding the objectives with 1 color of units?

Edit: It would be really nice if I could split the objectives among different army colors.
Private 1st Class Booleans

Postby Leehar on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Booleans wrote:How do victory conditions work in polymorphic games?

Let's say I'm playing team 1 (colors red, green, blue, and yellow) in a polymorphic game with victory conditions. Can I win if I split the objectives between different colors (let's say my red troops are holding half of the objectives while my green units are holding the other half)? Or do I still have to be holding the objectives with 1 color of units?

Edit: It would be really nice if I could split the objectives among different army colors.

This is the difference between Poly & 1v1 (or the similarity between poly & teams). A specific colour has to hold the condition rather than the entire team/army?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Jippd on Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Think of it as the same rules of a team game but you are playing all positions of that team.
Major Jippd

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:02 pm

ok i might be splitting hair here, but I admit I have some aesthetic issues with the new medals not being aligned horizontally with the others starting from the top ribbon.
I just have 2 of the new ones, so not sure how the others fit; but the polymorphic is 1 or 2 pixels higher and the beta is 1 or 2 pixels lower than the other medals.

more of this; on our wall, the lines 2, 3 and 4 of medals are a few pixels behind where they should be vertically, it's annoying (unlike in the forum posts where they are perfectly aligned vertically)

the green used for beta, battle royale and bots is really not the same. all colours were standardized and it doesn't look very nice to have flashy green instead of the usual dark green. Not to mention that only the ribbon's colour changes,the bottom part of the medal doesn't follow the colour code of every other gameplay medal we've had so far.

Regarding a parachute medal.. well there was no medal for the "no forts" option last time. Not sure we need to make one for every single thing. I have to say I hate the no forts games but i love the parachutes personally.

anyway, blake and wham, hope you take my medal aesthetics objections as constructive criticism. Maybe I'm the only one to notice the medal alignments as I'm the only one to say something about it, but now that I've said it everyone will probably noticie it too :)
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives