Conquer Club

Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and Clans

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Updates 10/10/13 - Polymorphic, Parachutes, Medals and C

Postby agentcom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.

Are you saying you should be able to leave feedback in the middle of the game? This would be unlike any other game type. In all other games you cannot leave feedback until YOU are eliminated (in the case of poly games, completely eliminated). I don't really need feedback options in the middle of the game. Sometimes, I would like to leave feedback midgame, but (a) it would clutter up the screen and (b) this really doesn't have anything to do with poly games.
Colonel agentcom

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:58 pm

agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:Another bug.... If you get taken out in a poly game by someone who you have not played before you have a need to leave feedback, but yet you cannot until the game is over.

Are you saying you should be able to leave feedback in the middle of the game? This would be unlike any other game type. In all other games you cannot leave feedback until YOU are eliminated (in the case of poly games, completely eliminated). I don't really need feedback options in the middle of the game. Sometimes, I would like to leave feedback midgame, but (a) it would clutter up the screen and (b) this really doesn't have anything to do with poly games.

So what if red thinks the the opponent played really well but green thought the opponent was a bully and a cheat? One thing with poly games, how can you stop secret diplomacy?

Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:23 am

agentcom wrote:

No I am saying that it is telling me to leave feedback for games that are not finished yet... Obviously I do not want to nor should I be asked to until a game is over.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Commander62890 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Para's a welcome addition for sure, but Poly's a real game-changer. Thanks.
Major Commander62890

Postby neanderpaul14 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I think the Parachute goes great with the Poly
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:

No I am saying that it is telling me to leave feedback for games that are not finished yet... Obviously I do not want to nor should I be asked to until a game is over.

OK, I've read both your posts a couple times and they seem to be saying opposite things to me ... I must be missing something.
Colonel agentcom

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:17 am

agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:

OK, I've read both your posts a couple times and they seem to be saying opposite things to me ... I must be missing something.

They both say the same to me..

• Kills one slot of a poly team.
  • Told to leave a rating for the player.
  • Shouldn't be possible until the game is over.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
agentcom wrote:

that's the way i see it too. you shouldn't be able to leave a rating until you have been eliminated from the game.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

nukes + poly =

taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Herbas on Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 pm

I was basically done with CC as I've got tired of searching for private games with good players, being killed by vengeful noobs in public games or winning/losing games solely on dicerolls in 1v1 games. My last login was 4 months ago, but as soon as I read about polymorphics, I got back and bought a premium. Now excuse me as I got to set a bunch of new games....
Colonel Herbas

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:17 pm

Herbas wrote:I was basically done with CC as I've got tired of searching for private games with good players, being killed by vengeful noobs in public games or winning/losing games solely on dicerolls in 1v1 games. My last login was 4 months ago, but as soon as I read about polymorphics, I got back and bought a premium. Now excuse me as I got to set a bunch of new games....

Awesome Herbas!!! Glad to have you back :)

Posts like these lift my spirits ... I'm sure it's music to the ears of Team CC :D
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this. I just apparently misread what Bruce was saying at first.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:19 pm

It says I need to leave feedback but I cannot, just to be clear.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby RICHARDJOHN on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:13 pm

i was wondering if a new option could be considered. several times (a lot for me, lol) while playing a game, you realize there is no way someone could win. instead of death by a thousand cuts, we have an option available to surrender. it ends the game quicker and the players can move along to other games. let me know if this is possible.
Corporal 1st Class RICHARDJOHN

Postby spiesr on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 pm

RICHARDJOHN wrote:i was wondering if a new option could be considered. several times (a lot for me, lol) while playing a game, you realize there is no way someone could win. instead of death by a thousand cuts, we have an option available to surrender. it ends the game quicker and the players can move along to other games. let me know if this is possible.
In the past this suggestion was rejected due to abuse that occurred when such a feature existed early in the site's history. The new administration has indicated that it would possibly be willing to reconsider the suggestion with some restriction. I encourage you to give us your opinion on what circumstances you would like to see a surrender option for in the suggestion thread.
Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives