Conquer Club

The Crown [closed]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: The Crown [pending]

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:14 am

Simply put, the only thing The Crown did that is against the rules is hostage taking.

He got on, took his turn once per 24 hours per game, and the website calculated the point exchange. Hey that's exactly how I play CC, do I need to be punished as well?

Besides, I've said before and I'll say again. The Crown is not the only player to do this, other players have admitted it, just not on this scale. So if nothing else The Crown should be thanked for bringing it to the attention of the community so a patch can be developed to fix this issue.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby Gilligan on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:21 am

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Simply put, the only thing The Crown did that is against the rules is hostage taking.

He got on, took his turn once per 24 hours per game, and the website calculated the point exchange. Hey that's exactly how I play CC, do I need to be punished as well?

Besides, I've said before and I'll say again. The Crown is not the only player to do this, other players have admitted it, just not on this scale. So if nothing else The Crown should be thanked for bringing it to the attention of the community so a patch can be developed to fix this issue.

We've said it before, and we will say it again. It's in the unwritten rules that gross abuse of any aspect of CC will not be tolerated.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 am

Game 13596428

This is a pathetic excuse for a player.

Crown's opponent has been at one region for TEN ROUNDS.

Crown, get your sorry ass out of here.
Captain Gilligan

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 am

jltile1 wrote:

Your kiddin right ??

No, although I was being pretty snarky, which to be fair wasn't really necessary. I apologize.

Let me restate it this way:

Your response didn't really give me a good idea of what your outcome on the situation was, outside of reading your other posts in the thread. I offered that perhaps we think this is a rule violation because it involves deliberately playing by rules other than to win as quick as possible. Or, there is a pretty logical alternative, that these players wanted to play a tournament that had a "Gentleman's Agreement" that you didn't have to end games as soon as possible, and since everyone was in on it, no one would file a C&A report.

So, based on your response, I wasn't really sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing or picking a side. All I really saw is that you pointed out that it was his clanmates, but based on what I was saying, that could mean that you agree, playing games with your clanmates where you agree to different rules is ok. Or you could be saying, I agree, playing with his clanmates means they are deliberately breaking the rules in order for him to have an advantage.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby Bantam on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 am

I can't answer for what The Crown was doing I tried to win as many as I could - to get my 5/6 i was quite happy with - no-one got more than 10.
It was an inter-Clan tourney - we have quite a few - are they all banned now ?

Getting a group of people who have never met to interact as we have is quite something.
Others might want to learn and see how it happened - rather than just shoot down the tall poppy.

You judge as you see fit - I'll rest easy with what I know happened.

Jippd wrote:Bantam,

What was the reasoning the crown gave to you in this tournament for not finishing games he was clearly ahead in? 1 v 1 games are usually never finished with an excess of troops however there are a lot of games that the crown delayed his wins on til today where there were tons of excess troops he could have used to finish the game. Did he offer any reasoning in your clan forum of the purpose of that?
Gladiators of Noxious
Captain Bantam

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:43 am

Bantam wrote:I can't answer for what The Crown was doing I tried to win as many as I could - to get my 5/6 i was quite happy with - no-one got more than 10.
It was an inter-Clan tourney - we have quite a few - are they all banned now ?

Getting a group of people who have never met to interact as we have is quite something.
Others might want to learn and see how it happened - rather than just shoot down the tall poppy.

You judge as you see fit - I'll rest easy with what I know happened.

Jippd wrote:Bantam,

What was the reasoning the crown gave to you in this tournament for not finishing games he was clearly ahead in? 1 v 1 games are usually never finished with an excess of troops however there are a lot of games that the crown delayed his wins on til today where there were tons of excess troops he could have used to finish the game. Did he offer any reasoning in your clan forum of the purpose of that?

Inter clan tourneys are not the problem here. No need to try to spin the issue. The issues have already been discussed on how this is gross abuse of the game.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby KraphtOne on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether they broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with their female party guests - they did.

[winks at the Mods]

But you can't hold a whole clan responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole clan system? And if the whole clan system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our CC institutions in general? I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby Fazeem on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 am

Change the point system as it is corrupt from jump or you will have more witch hunts like this. one Idea I have is map mastery which would level the playing field and add a new dynamic to the point system making it harder to complete abuses like these. If a significant change is not done you will have a lot of very arbitrary rules enforced that will be subjective and not clear cut to the whoever is involved in regards to these matters. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192294
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby jltile1 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:33 am

Fazeem wrote:Change the point system as it is corrupt from jump or you will have more witch hunts like this. one Idea I have is map mastery which would level the playing field and add a new dynamic to the point system making it harder to complete abuses like these. If a significant change is not done you will have a lot of very arbitrary rules enforced that will be subjective and not clear cut to the whoever is involved in regards to these matters. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=192294

Total think something needs to be done. The points are messed up. You have great players that are scared to play a speed game cause they don't want to loose 75 points. Great players only play very complex maps speed or even one V one. Now about CROWN he is a CHEAT and shoud never sit the top.
Major jltile1

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:42 am

Gilligan wrote:
Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Simply put, the only thing The Crown did that is against the rules is hostage taking.

We've said it before, and we will say it again. It's in the unwritten rules that gross abuse of any aspect of CC will not be tolerated.

You're not understanding my point here Gilligan. This is not gross abuse of an aspect of CC, this is the way the point system was meant to work! There is no rule stating you can't do this, it's how the system was designed. Am I wrong? If this was supposed to never be allowed to happen, then it would/should have been coded as such. There is no limit as to how many games you can play in X amount of time, correct? There is no rule stating you can't play losing games faster than winning games, correct? Then the one and only rule The Crown has broken here is hostage taking, which is a minor offence if I'm not mistaking and comes with a warning.

Besides, you cannot punish one player for doing this when hundreds of others have done so also and admit to it. If you're going to punish one player, you need to track down any one else who has done this and punish them as well.

OR, you can develop a patch for the problem to stop it from happening again, reduce some points if necessary (give it a few days, they'll be gone anyway) and move on.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby jltile1 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:48 am

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

You're not understanding my point here Gilligan. This is not gross abuse of an aspect of CC, this is the way the point system was meant to work! There is no rule stating you can't do this, it's how the system was designed. Am I wrong? If this was supposed to never be allowed to happen, then it would/should have been coded as such. There is no limit as to how many games you can play in X amount of time, correct? There is no rule stating you can't play losing games faster than winning games, correct? Then the one and only rule The Crown has broken here is hostage taking, which is a minor offence if I'm not mistaking and comes with a warning.

Besides, you cannot punish one player for doing this when hundreds of others have done so also and admit to it. If you're going to punish one player, you need to track down any one else who has done this and punish them as well.

OR, you can develop a patch for the problem to stop it from happening again, reduce some points if necessary (give it a few days, they'll be gone anyway) and move on.

Dude your the WTF person to ever post ... I will not sleep now knowing someone needs help in life.
Major jltile1

Postby sniffie on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:10 am

Locking this till a verdict is reached.

Sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby deathcomesrippin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 am

Topping off on sniffies lock, I would just like to point out that any mod outside of C&A that posts in these forums in simply stating an opinion. We take into account all opinions presented in a case. I would simply ask that no one sling mud at another mod for their opinion. I am sure you will all have enough time and incentive to sling mud at us once this case comes down, regardless of the outcome.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby king achilles on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:43 pm

After all things said and done in this report, and after gathering all the facts, we have come to this verdict: "Colluding with other players to artificially manipulate the scoring system" is still against the rules. To do this repeatedly is Gross Abuse of the Game. The following has been done to the accused:

Disqualified him from the Monthly Scoreboard Prizes
Disqualified him from the Conquer Medal
Issued a warning for a Major/Severe Infraction (Gross Abuse of the Game)
Reduction of his score back to 2866 (basing this from Game 13596571 where it most likely began).

To any of you who may have plans to do any kind of similar schemes, save yourself from future disciplinary actions and just play the game. We are all here to have fun and enjoy the games. If you want to be recognized, make sure people will see you positively for it and it was honestly done. Don't do things that you might regret afterwards.

I'll keep this report locked. If any of you wish to further discuss about this report, feel free to open a thread in the General Discussions forum.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports