Conquer Club

[Abandoned] CC: Perth

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC: Perth [27.12.13] - V8 P5 - Gameplay

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 am

TeeGee wrote:Born and bred Perthite here.. great to see a map of my home town..
A couple of spelling errors

Lenwick === should be Kenwick
Gosnell === Gosnells
You also dropped a couple of r's in Karrawarra, but that is understandable: could also be called Manning

Apart from that I can't wait to make this MY map

Hi TeeGee, didn't know you were an aussie. :shock:

Fixed those things in V8 above....F5 to see them

Are there anythings you want on this?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby TeeGee on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:24 pm

I think it is a great reflection of Perth. They yachts, buildings, beach and swans.
Anything else added I think would overcrowd the map

just 1 more with spelling, i missed it... Cavensham = Caversham :) or Midland
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:42 pm

TeeGee wrote:I think it is a great reflection of Perth. They yachts, buildings, beach and swans.
Anything else added I think would overcrowd the map

just 1 more with spelling, i missed it... Cavensham = Caversham :) or Midland

What about the impassables...do we need any more/less/other kinds?

Also there is nothing to say that a Classic City map has to have classic gameplay...so any ideas to enhance gameplay or should it be kept as classic?
Thanks for your input. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby TeeGee on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm

cairnswk wrote:
What about the impassables...do we need any more/less/other kinds?

Also there is nothing to say that a Classic City map has to have classic gameplay...so any ideas to enhance gameplay or should it be kept as classic?
Thanks for your input. :)

I would like to see it kept as a classic map. I like the fact that there are a lot of small bonuses, fits in with Perth being small and rich.

If you are looking for more realism, maybe add copter points along the coast and/or river territories. I understand the logistics in separating trigg and scarborough, but you just blocked off the 2 most popular beaches from each other.
When I think of WA plants the old kangaroo paw Image Not sure how or where it could be used, or even if it is required as most wouldn't understand what it is.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:39 pm

TeeGee wrote:...
I would like to see it kept as a classic map. I like the fact that there are a lot of small bonuses, fits in with Perth being small and rich.

Cool, OK. Done! :)

I understand the logistics in separating trigg and scarborough, but you just blocked off the 2 most popular beaches from each other.
If you are looking for more realism, maybe add copter points along the coast and/or river territories.

I have separated Floreat and Scarborough as the adjustment - is this suitable?
Also if i add copters to Karrinyup and Como - suitable? That makes Como not so easy to hold, and I think Karrinyup because of space.

When I think of WA plants the old kangaroo paw Image Not sure how or where it could be used, or even if it is required as most wouldn't understand what it is.

I will think of something :idea: :idea:
Private cairnswk

Postby TeeGee on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:16 pm

cairnswk wrote:

Cool, OK. Done! :)

I understand the logistics in separating trigg and scarborough, but you just blocked off the 2 most popular beaches from each other.
If you are looking for more realism, maybe add copter points along the coast and/or river territories.

I have separated Floreat and Scarborough as the adjustment - is this suitable?
Also if i add copters to Karrinyup and Como - suitable? That makes Como not so easy to hold, and I think Karrinyup because of space.

I will think of something :idea: :idea:

excellent.. great work Cairns :D
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Razorvich on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:00 am

Greetings.

Like TeeGee, I am a fellow "Sandgroper"(Name for anyone from Western Australia)... been living here in Perth all my life.

A few things to consider, and I apologize if these points have already been covered.

1. Helicopters - Dianella has the TV stations so it is technically a helipad area. Perth Airport/Rotto all good there too. KARDINIA ...no way.
If it was to make the map "Useable" then yes ok, but you are missing one of the most important airports in the WHOLE of Australia... that being JANDAKOT.
If you look at the stats it has one of the highest arrivals/departures in ALL of Australia.

2. Jandakot is located pretty much where you have "CANNING". Canning should not be used as a name as it is a Shire rather than a place. Sure there is a suburb called Canning, but is known as "The CITY of CANNING", and takes in the suburbs of Riverton/Parkwood/Ferndale .. so this should be changed to "Jandakot"

3. Swan is also the same as Canning, and should be changed to "MORLEY"

Bummer that you haven't gone east of the airport :cry: you miss my house, some great suburbs out there too in the hills.

I really hope this helps, looking forward to playing this one for sure.

RAZ
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Razorvich wrote:Greetings.

Like TeeGee, I am a fellow "Sandgroper"(Name for anyone from Western Australia)... been living here in Perth all my life.

Welcome aboard from a "banana bender" or as in "Origin" terms as "Cane Toad" (which we have graciously exported to the rest of Northern Australia LOL) ;)
A few things to consider, and I apologize if these points have already been covered.

1. Helicopters - Dianella has the TV stations so it is technically a helipad area. Perth Airport/Rotto all good there too. KARDINIA ...no way.
If it was to make the map "Useable" then yes ok, but you are missing one of the most important airports in the WHOLE of Australia... that being JANDAKOT.
If you look at the stats it has one of the highest arrivals/departures in ALL of Australia.

OK, i have removed the bush area under Leeming and placed Jandakot in there and moved the helicopter from the Kardinya to Jandakot.
From the Jandakot airport website...
Jandakot Airport is the major General Aviation Airport in Western Australia, and is one of the busiest airfields and largest aviation training bases in Australia.The primary function of ....Jandakot Airport is "air work" aviation rather than passenger transportation.

and from wiki...Jandakot comes in at Number 3 in "Top 12 by aircraft movements in 2009-2011 calendar years", but doesn't make this list "Top 11 by passenger traffic 1985ā€“2011"
I had considered placing Jandakot on the map, but forgot about its importance as a helicopter centre when doing that, so thanks. :)

2. Jandakot is located pretty much where you have "CANNING". Canning should not be used as a name as it is a Shire rather than a place. Sure there is a suburb called Canning, but is known as "The CITY of CANNING", and takes in the suburbs of Riverton/Parkwood/Ferndale .. so this should be changed to "Jandakot"

I've changed the territory name to Canning Vale, but Parkwood has been named in the Legend as the region named rather than Canning.

3. Swan is also the same as Canning, and should be changed to "MORLEY"

Done ! :)

Bummer that you haven't gone east of the airport :cry: you miss my house, some great suburbs out there too in the hills.

What suburb? Is it close enough to be considered?

I really hope this helps, looking forward to playing this one for sure.
RAZ

Yes it does, and thank-you. :)
Private cairnswk

Re: CC: Perth [31.12.13] - V9 P6 - Gameplay

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Version 9.

Private cairnswk

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:15 am

Nice update, don't like the black text though for the tert names. Also, can I suggest that you make the bonus name if there is a tert bold or stand out a bit more. Just to make it easier for the game player. Also, game play suggestion I'd like to see Sorrento be 1 and not 2. :D
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Razorvich on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:52 am

cairnswk wrote:
razorvich wrote:Bummer that you haven't gone east of the airport :cry: you miss my house, some great suburbs out there too in the hills.

What suburb? Is it close enough to be considered?

Appologies for the late reply.

Just east of the airport are the hills areas, but really just suburbs and no real advantages apart from more territories.

The map looks really good as it is.
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Razorvich wrote:..

Just east of the airport are the hills areas, but really just suburbs and no real advantages apart from more territories.

Razorvich...are you OK in those Hills fires??
Private cairnswk

Postby TeeGee on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 am

cairnswk wrote:
Razorvich wrote:..

hey cairns, from what I know, I think raz is a fair distance from the fires, they were further north (he lives not far from my daughter iirc).
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:26 pm

hey cairns, from what I know, I think raz is a fair distance from the fires, they were further north (he lives not far from my daughter iirc).

Thanks TeeGee. All might be well then :-)
Private cairnswk

Postby Razorvich on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 am

cairnswk wrote:

Yes all good here, I am actually quite away from the disaster zone .. 55 houses lost in the hills
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Armandolas on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:37 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:don't like the black text though for the tert names.

I agree here
I would also suggest the the trees would have a darker/lively green
Colonel Armandolas

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:56 am

cairns, as for this map, a couple of things that are game play and also graphical at the same time. I am having trouble reading the territ names. Please do not ask me why but I am. I do not think it is one thing but a few compounding each other. Can I ask you to look at it for me please and see if a solution can be found. Ferry routes, the line seems to blend into the edges of the river, whilst it is not needed for the majority of the map it happens. A solution might be to remove it completely and have it the same as the copters. All attack all. Speaking of copters, you have two names for them (copters and helicopters), can you choose one and use that only please.

Lastly, and this is something I think might be worth thinking about a bit so please do not say yes or no straight away. How would you feel limiting this map to four or more players? Thus cutting out the 2/3 player games completely. I believe that this map with a lot of very small bonuses on it might suit the larger game more. What would your thoughts be on this?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: [Vacation valid untill July 2014] CC: Perth

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:50 am

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. The map is moved to the Recycling Box and put into Vacation status for the next 6 months. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Cartographer Assistants will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)

koontz
Lieutenant koontz1973

Previous

Return to Recycling Box