Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ValkyriaChroniclesMafia (14/20): D4 - Valkyria Unleashed

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Hmmm...I wonder how many scum are on my wagon and will sit on it until the counter ticks down...

I am Largo Potter, Recruit, Roleblocker. Virus was blocked N2. GA7 was blocked N3.

When I received my role on Day 3, Roleblocker had already been unlocked, so I never saw any ???s. After inquiring with Minister, the original role message did indeed have one set of ???s.
Anarkistsdream wrote:Jesus... Really? Because I really still feel like Safari should be hanged by his neck until he is dead, dead, DEAD...

However, I agree that Neb defending Flores basically seals the deal about his alignment...

So are people in agreement that Flores and Neb are on one side and Safari and the (supposed) three other scum are on another?

Unvote
Vote NEB

Never defend a scum buddies lie, Neb... ;)

How did I defend Flores? Lynn seemed like a decent claim from a quick Google, and seeing as I had no ??? format to fall back on, I had no idea what it would look like. I now understand that if she was town, she would have had her roles enabled already, therefore would no longer have ???, ??? as her roles. And did you forget that I did vote her to end the day? Also, I'm not sure how anyone in this game can be on Flores's side, as she was a SURVIVOR! Survivors are not on "teams" (except maybe in The Matrix).

new guy1 wrote:Well, I was going to mention the neb case last night, but I decided to go to bed instead (so I didnt forget nag :D). I agree that the lack of knowledge on the role mechanics/the coincidence that he didnt unlock his third role is rather scummy. Votes on nebu, by my count, is 4. Day started the 10th, so thats 11 needed for a lynch currently, therefore, Vote nebuchadnezer

As far as I know, I don't have a third role. Do you know something I don't? Maybe roleblocker is powerful enough that I don't get a second role? Either way, I was told my original message only had one ??? in it...not two. If you would all understand that I DID NOT GET THE ORIGINAL ROLE MESSAGE...maybe you would understand why I was unclear as to Flores's claim.

@GA7...OMGUS tendancies? Please point them out to me so that I can defend that, or at least learn what you are misconceiving.

If there are 3 other mafia, I can't see what Safariguy is afraid of. Lynch one today. I Roleblock one. Surely someone can take care of the third one...I'd like to hear what GA7 has up his sleeve. Heck, Safari could even direct us as to who is the most dangerous one for the lynch today...come on Safariguy, quit playing it safe.

I believe him 100%

LOL First it would be in extremely poor form to blame the mod for his lynch. I have played with Neb enough time to know that that is not how he rolls. :lol: The fact Minister Musket did not rebut the argument for the integrity of the game except to say..."Its getting interesting" affirms my opinion. Har I mean he more or less called Anarchist an out right idiot for comapring scenarios in this game to Star Wars. Now I am not about to play the mod.

I write this all in a light hearted manner of course but nebs excuse now makes perfect sense in regards to his pasts posts.
I also believe that Unvote Vote Hotshot is scum.

The whole Rishaed Neb argument was classic Town vs Town. Flores flipped survivor with no affiliation so weather Neb unvoted means jack squat. His vote pattern in that respect is meaningless.

Finally this stands out to me in regards to Neb.

Finally So, the only thing I could figure, as I have no real leads are the following:

1. Get Nag's claim...although, I'm quite sure we'll see a Gallian claim, but at least we can unvote him.
2. Look at the following four players...who, after Virus's claim all unvote and voted for Jonty. My thinking is that Townshend, having found the Princess would unvote and get a lynch quickly, so he could kidnap the Princess at night. Those four that fit this pattern are:

Flores, rishaed, safariguy, and kratos

Of these, I would order them safariguy, kratos, Flores and rishaed.

Out of all the people in game before Nag has even claimed you think he is going to put Safariguy at number 1 position??

THIS is why keeping Safari alive can only hurt us today. However I changed my vote off of Safari because i strongly believe Neb is Town.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ga7 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Lol, thanks Masket.
Great, that actually makes things considerably easier.

I wasn't blocked last night as I got in an action with a result. On the other hand, Largo feels like an important character (some kind of nco of squad 7), and from the 10 eps or so I've watched he's a big figure of the squad in the anime. Roleblocker fits too.
One of two things:
- I was busdrived (I would be surprised if there's no busdriver in the game, what with tank drivers and all)
- Would the real Roleblocker step forward?

Now whichever of these two things happen, the plan I was thinking of can be easily put in action.

I'm Faldio Landzaat, squad 1 leader. Recruit, JOAT, Targeter.
Night 2 I investigated IB and got town (think I buried that info in my bigass post from day 3)
Night 3 I tracked Saf and got that he didn't visit anyone.
I have a protect and a roleblock one-shots left. Was planning to use the protect tonight in case there's no other protective roles to cover Nag but...

Now what if Saf reveals the 3 scum? We lynch one, I use my one-shot roleblock on one other, and Neb (or a potential truthful roleblocker) blocks the other... Which means game over. Seems simple enough, and although it feels a bit shitty to not get to them through an old fashioned scumhunt, I do think we'd arrive to the same quick result with a mass claim at this point since there's less and less unconfirmed townies.

I would prefer if a busdriver can confirm I was busdrived, but let's hear if Saf finds this to his liking first.
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 pm

ga7 wrote:I'm Faldio Landzaat, squad 1 leader. Recruit, JOAT, Targeter.
What does the Targeter part of your role mean?
Captain spiesr

Postby ga7 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Right, I forgot. I'm supposed to find Alicia Melchiott, probably to do ecchi things to her. :lol:
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:21 pm

ga7 wrote:Lol, thanks Masket.
Great, that actually makes things considerably easier.

I wasn't blocked last night as I got in an action with a result. On the other hand, Largo feels like an important character (some kind of nco of squad 7), and from the 10 eps or so I've watched he's a big figure of the squad in the anime. Roleblocker fits too.
One of two things:
- I was busdrived (I would be surprised if there's no busdriver in the game, what with tank drivers and all)
- Would the real Roleblocker step forward?

Now whichever of these two things happen, the plan I was thinking of can be easily put in action.

I'm Faldio Landzaat, squad 1 leader. Recruit, JOAT, Targeter.
Night 2 I investigated IB and got town (think I buried that info in my bigass post from day 3)
Night 3 I tracked Saf and got that he didn't visit anyone.
I have a protect and a roleblock one-shots left. Was planning to use the protect tonight in case there's no other protective roles to cover Nag but...

Now what if Saf reveals the 3 scum? We lynch one, I use my one-shot roleblock on one other, and Neb (or a potential truthful roleblocker) blocks the other... Which means game over. Seems simple enough, and although it feels a bit shitty to not get to them through an old fashioned scumhunt, I do think we'd arrive to the same quick result with a mass claim at this point since there's less and less unconfirmed townies.

I would prefer if a busdriver can confirm I was busdrived, but let's hear if Saf finds this to his liking first.

First this plan is far to simple for its own good. It just feels like a mistake.

Second any deal made with safari should come with a deadline ultimatum. As I said I would rather lynch a sure thing then lynch an unknown.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:27 am

If both Ga7 and Neb are telling the truth it works. If one isn't then we might have an issue.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:40 am

ok i already voted him but think my case was kind of missed because it was not really well build and in the middle of the whole nebud thing.

as said i sorted the posts based on author which gave me this list on kratos:
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=198684&sk=a&start=255

as can be seen from this list kratos has not been active at all lately. he has a lousy 2 posts in 2014,both made monday 13 (my local time, yours might be sunday 12) ofcourse there has been the night (5-10 january) but he has not reacted at all day 3. the grand total of 0! posts. and then day 4 is not going on that long (since friday 10) and its not like nothing happened, except of course the safariguy case, (why would someone not want to react to that?) he only reacted to that when safariguy already outed 3th party. and these reactions are pretty meaningless as well. its not like he was away for the weekend, since he did manage to post on friday 10 and sunday 12 in another maffia game. so a bombshell gets dropped and the first post he makes, is when the firestorm is over. i can only make deliberate scummarining out all of this.
seeing his other posts day 1 and 2, the "best" (ahum) case he ever build in this game was against me,
the first thing he did day 2 was join anarkist, who as we now know had a good scumtell on safari.

kratos644 wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.

This seems to be more incriminating than Jonty's. His was based more off of word flavor while this seems to be lack of knowledge from the role pms. While I still don't believe jonty is town I'm leaning more towards 3rd party so for now I will unvote vote safariguy5

then kratos switched to "a much stronger case" 12 hours later, he started it himself it was against me: i still dont know exactly what i did wrong, i voted jonty and unvoted him after the claim, (like no one else did that?). basicly that was the start and after that it was a case of "he acts suspicious" "look he defended himself, now i am sure he is mafia". a very weak case. i defended myself but kratos did not bother to even react to my defense, safariguy was already doing the work of incriminating me. only when i claimed he bothered to unvote.

so thats my case for now. vote is already cast in last message
Major virus90

Postby virus90 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 am

btw nagerous, why was the roleblock used on me when i outed princess already? i dont get that at all. besides a roleblocker is normally associated with mafia because its more useful for them right ?
and ga7 i also dont get how when you watched safariguy you did not see anything, seems pretty obvious that he made the kill right?
Major virus90

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:LOL First it would be in extremely poor form to blame the mod for his lynch. I have played with Neb enough time to know that that is not how he rolls. :lol: The fact Minister Musket did not rebut the argument for the integrity of the game except to say..."Its getting interesting" affirms my opinion.

Now you hold on just a minute there boyo. Since when do my games have integrity?

ga7 wrote:Right, I forgot. I'm supposed to find Alicia Melchiott, probably to do ecchi things to her. :lol:

This guy has an issue with that.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby nagerous on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:24 pm

I am going to unvote for now

Both neb's and ga7's stories seem believable.

It would be nice if there was some form of bus driver who could step forward and provide some kind of evidence for the obvious contradiction pointed out.

Safari, what are your views on Ga7's plan?

If we can have two roleblockers on the two remaining scum and lynch one it is game over and victory for the town and you win as a survivor. Scum are most likely going to off you tonight anyway (I would) for fear that you will reveal later on and also that I will more likely draw the protection from the protective role.
Captain nagerous

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Well, if the roleblocks do line up, I suppose I will take you guys up on the offer. I mean, if we wait, the mafia will probably off the enabler and the plan becomes moot.

Hotshot is Maximillian, he has an ability to frame someone, no second power yet.

spiesr is Selveria Bles. No abilities unlocked yet, but he might be the best lynch target as the scene seems to indicate some sort of massive attack incoming which could end up with a lot of dead townies.

kratos is Gregor. He's a darcsen hater (dunno what that means) and no second ability yet.

Anyhow, let's hope we don't see Federation in this game. And if there is, I'd look at Nark first.

unvote vote spiesr
Captain safariguy5

Postby kratos644 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 pm

... gg town
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Good game, mafia. Or at least the Empire.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby nagerous on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Well, if the roleblocks do line up, I suppose I will take you guys up on the offer. I mean, if we wait, the mafia will probably off the enabler and the plan becomes moot.

Hotshot is Maximillian, he has an ability to frame someone, no second power yet.

spiesr is Selveria Bles. No abilities unlocked yet, but he might be the best lynch target as the scene seems to indicate some sort of massive attack incoming which could end up with a lot of dead townies.

kratos is Gregor. He's a darcsen hater (dunno what that means) and no second ability yet.

Anyhow, let's hope we don't see Federation in this game. And if there is, I'd look at Nark first.

unvote vote spiesr

Great. unvote vote spiesr

I suppose there needs to be some co-ordination on this, so if ga7 blocks kratos and neb blocks hotshot and the bus driver swaps me with someone (or safari in the interests of generosity) hopefully this will work.
Captain nagerous

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:49 pm

GG town.... I think the fact that a mafia is allowed to switch sides and reveal the other members is a bit of a broken mechanic though... I could see him switching to survivor to avoid a lynch and then just fading off without being allowed to reveal anything... but him being able to out us kind of really stacks the deck against the mafia. Although chances are town would have won anyway since kratos and I were already the main people being suspected.

Btw, I don't blame you for outing us since it was allowed safari, it was your only logical move. If you hadn't I would have offed you tonight to prevent this from happening tomorrow.
Major HotShot53

Postby kratos644 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Might as well help it move along unvote vote spiesr
Major kratos644

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Vote Spiesr

There's no other logical move. I'm glad you finally came around Safari.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby ga7 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 pm

GG mafia. I agree I'd have been pretty pissed at this mechanic, but yeah we would have gotten there quick enough.
A bit confused about the busdriver, thought it'd be Newguy since his character is the one driving the bigass tank :-s
I agree Nag needs to be swapped if possible anyway, you never know. I'll target Kratos as stated.
Vote Spiesr
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:45 pm

still seems to easy.

vote spiesr

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:still seems to easy.

vote spiesr

Yah, something seems off here...Minister had to have thought of this happening...perhaps Spiesr is unlynchable? I think we should go with Hotshot...I appreciate Safari's info, but this is all too easy...I see this blowing up on us.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm even more suspicious of what happened AFTER safariguy switched to third party. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the mafia/empire received their locked powers to compensate for being strung out by their former leader...Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

What about the busdriver? What if he's mafia? I would feel better if the driver came forward and was town...or at least the driver should note to NOT get in the way of the roleblocks! I feel like GA7 and I are being set up to fail on the night blocks here.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:48 pm

I don't think that Saf is lying. I mean that's down right suicidal for a third party role to lie like that. The thought that Minister put in some kind of negating mechanic to make the reveal less damaging to mafia is interesting though. I can't think of what he would do off the top of my head but worth looking at.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby kratos644 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:I'm even more suspicious of what happened AFTER safariguy switched to third party. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the mafia/empire received their locked powers to compensate for being strung out by their former leader...Maybe I'm just being paranoid...

What about the busdriver? What if he's mafia? I would feel better if the driver came forward and was town...or at least the driver should note to NOT get in the way of the roleblocks! I feel like GA7 and I are being set up to fail on the night blocks here.

:D
Maybe you should just lynch safari for what he chose to leave out...
Major kratos644

Postby virus90 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:29 pm

HotShot53 wrote:GG town.... I think the fact that a mafia is allowed to switch sides and reveal the other members is a bit of a broken mechanic though... I could see him switching to survivor to avoid a lynch and then just fading off without being allowed to reveal anything... but him being able to out us kind of really stacks the deck against the mafia. Although chances are town would have won anyway since kratos and I were already the main people being suspected.

Btw, I don't blame you for outing us since it was allowed safari, it was your only logical move. If you hadn't I would have offed you tonight to prevent this from happening tomorrow.

just wanted to note sportsmanship here.

apparently we all agree to vote spiesr first, so i will change from kratos to him.
Unvote vote spiesr
kind of sucks that my case is not relevant anymore, but feels good that i was right ;)
Major virus90

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 pm

The Battle of Randgriz, Pt 1

This was it, the final battle. Both armies facing each other mere miles from the capital.
Squad 7 was rewarded for their heroic actions by being placed on the frontline by General Damon.
As the Empire approached, with Maximillian's massive war vehicle behind, Welkin took the opportunity to open fire.
It turned out to be one of the luckiest shots in history, for the tank shell scored a direct hit on the Crown Prince's observation deck, which promptly burst into flames.
Unaware of their leader's fate, the Empire marched forwards, with Selvaria at the helm.

HotShot53 - Crown Prince Maximillian (Mafia Godfather, Mafia Enabler, Framer, ???) has been killed!

That's terribly unlucky, for you were so close to getting that last perk. And boy howdy was it a gem. ^^
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives