Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia (8/20): D6 - An End to War?

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:05 pm

I have your glasses. They hurt my eyes.

I stole glasses from nagareous last night.

I stole a Darsen headband from Anarchist dream the night before.

Vote Kratos

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby kratos644 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Can I at least hammer myself? :)
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Postby gregwolf121 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:28 pm

vote kratos
Captain gregwolf121

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:00 am

Huh...wonder why and how Saf died...oh well. Sorry Saf. I'll just say it wasn't me.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:03 am

oh and Vote Kratos

That's L-1 by my count. If you want to hammer yourself I don't have an issue with it.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:17 am

Never seem to win as survivor, never do...
Captain safariguy5

Postby kratos644 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 am

vote kratos
Major kratos644

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 am

safariguy5 wrote:Never seem to win as survivor, never do...

You betrayed the mafia when all three were still alive. Were you really expecting to survive? ^^

Anarkistsdream has day-killed kratos - Commander Gregor (Commander, Darcsen Hater, Janitor)

Valkyria Mafia Is Over. Town Victory!

Not sure a concluding scene is really necessary, unless you lot want one.
Roles and my post-game thoughts will come later and I'm at Uni atm.
Right now I will say I'm almost completely satisfied with how the game played out - there was just one scenario that didn't happen. More on that later.

Please do leave your thoughts on the game's mechanics and questions. I know safari's defection was a defining moment, and it may have seemed odd for all the mafia to be outed. Consider up until that point the mafia had been utterly dominant, and that moment took extremely good town play to not only out safari but convince him to squeal. Exactly the type of play that deserve to win a game really. ^^
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 am

GG town. Well as all my recruited (All of town except Nagerous and maybe Nark if he didn't get an update on it.) pawns...I mean allies...know and possibly others suspected, I was Welkin Gunther. I don't know how much you were told Saf but the reason you knew of me and New guy was because ghostly before I had replaced him had tried to recruit you. I was REALLY close to announcing that I had a day kill to get Saf to jump at the idea of switching, I am glad it worked out. Town did seem really strong especially considering the Saf jump over clause but we'll see what the mafia's potential abilities are first.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:52 am

I wasn't expecting the Night kill on me ):. Was very unfortunate timing. Luckily, town still pulled through. Was wondering what my 3rd ??? was and how I was supposed to unlock it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Minister Masket wrote:Please do leave your thoughts on the game's mechanics and questions. I know safari's defection was a defining moment, and it may have seemed odd for all the mafia to be outed. Consider up until that point the mafia had been utterly dominant, and that moment took extremely good town play to not only out safari but convince him to squeal. Exactly the type of play that deserve to win a game really. ^^
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had. I am surprised he had think about it as long as he did. If he didn't spill the beans at that point he would have been the number one target that night. (And without the scum all being outed we might have had a better chance of having the resources to kill him too.)
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:14 pm

spiesr wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:Please do leave your thoughts on the game's mechanics and questions. I know safari's defection was a defining moment, and it may have seemed odd for all the mafia to be outed. Consider up until that point the mafia had been utterly dominant, and that moment took extremely good town play to not only out safari but convince him to squeal. Exactly the type of play that deserve to win a game really. ^^
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had. I am surprised he had think about it as long as he did. If he didn't spill the beans at that point he would have been the number one target that night. (And without the scum all being outed we might have had a better chance of having the resources to kill him too.)

Honestly, if town wasn't being so trigger happy about it, my best line of play would have been for you guys to let me remain mafia and let me turn over the rest of the mafia players. That way, I retained bulletproof protection at night, and you guys still could kill off the rest of the mafia players. And then I could flip once you guys killed them off.

But no...you guys saw mafia and forced me out of it. Really couldn't see the mutually beneficial long game. I feel like I definitely could have survived had you guys heard me out.
Captain safariguy5

Postby nagerous on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 pm

strike wolf wrote:GG town. Well as all my recruited (All of town except Nagerous and maybe Nark if he didn't get an update on it.) pawns...I mean allies...know and possibly others suspected, I was Welkin Gunther. I don't know how much you were told Saf but the reason you knew of me and New guy was because ghostly before I had replaced him had tried to recruit you. I was REALLY close to announcing that I had a day kill to get Saf to jump at the idea of switching, I am glad it worked out. Town did seem really strong especially considering the Saf jump over clause but we'll see what the mafia's potential abilities are first.

I feel left out :(
Captain nagerous

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:28 pm

nagerous wrote:
strike wolf wrote:GG town. Well as all my recruited (All of town except Nagerous and maybe Nark if he didn't get an update on it.) pawns...I mean allies...know and possibly others suspected, I was Welkin Gunther. I don't know how much you were told Saf but the reason you knew of me and New guy was because ghostly before I had replaced him had tried to recruit you. I was REALLY close to announcing that I had a day kill to get Saf to jump at the idea of switching, I am glad it worked out. Town did seem really strong especially considering the Saf jump over clause but we'll see what the mafia's potential abilities are first.

I wanted to recruit you but unless I misread my role I could only recruit actual recruits.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Man, that night I got killed, I had like, 3 people visiting the princess when she was kidnapped.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Minister Masket on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:44 pm

spiesr wrote:
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had.

I disagree in that at that point with all the mafia still alive, a survivor openly betraying them was tantamount to suicide. Not exactly good survivor play for someone wanting to come away with a win, so I wasn't expecting safariguy to do that at all.
strike wolf wrote:
nagerous wrote:

I wanted to recruit you but unless I misread my role I could only recruit actual recruits.

You were one of three town roles that couldn't be recruited. You. Princess, and Townshend.

Speaking of which, I did enjoy the paranoid posts about a Federation cult in the game. :mrgreen:
That would've been a bit too ambitious, even for me.

Oh yeah, what did everyone think of the perk system?
rish - yours was one night away from unlocking. Unlucky bud. I'll post the roles and perks when I get time next. Probably Wednesday.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:47 pm

I really enjoyed the game...until safari was revealed. The survivor aspect completely ruined it for me. Ruined it for mafia as well. If you removed the survivor aspect the game could have gone either way instead of the route it became. We caught our first mafia and it was game over. That creates a huge imbalance to favor Town.

Roles that create such an imbalance ruin the game. Mafia could have had a route if the killed our enabler as well.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Meh, once safariguy turned survivor outing all of his info to the town was the only logical choice he really had.

I disagree in that at that point with all the mafia still alive, a survivor openly betraying them was tantamount to suicide. Not exactly good survivor play for someone wanting to come away with a win, so I wasn't expecting safariguy to do that at all.

Not necessarily. With revealing them you can at least hope that mafia decides damage is done, why bother? But not revealing them. No mafia is going to let a third party who knows all of their identities live to potentially reveal them later on. Leaving the mafia unnamed would have been pretty much a 100% chance at death and each of the mafia said so themselves.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby virus90 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:02 pm

loved the perk system ! :)
and about the federation, told you all so! :P
and deliberately never told that i was beloved, thought it would be invitation for a kill.
Major virus90

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:09 pm

I suspected you were a Beloved Princess... Man alive I was ticked to find out on the night I protected you you go and get yourself kidnapped ..... Fortunately we caught Flores. So what I want to know is that since the mafia enabler died, how did Kratos send in his action, and how did he get through the "roleblock?" Because supposedly Neb was roleblocking him ( or supposed to) both nights?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Ah thats right Neb died in the blast. ):

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:10 pm

While I only joined for a bit, i think this game was great. I'm still impressed with the 3-person bomb bonanza! I guess it was the only thing that would offset safari turning and giving away all his people.

I like the perk system, even though it threw me off. Did I only ever have the one role to unlock?

Also, what WOULD have happened had we not found Townshend? That was incredibly lucky on our part. :)

The voting system was responsible for town getting killed early on. That and some foolish/stubborn play....but overall, I think with a large group like that, the countdown must be in place to keep things moving.

Well done Minister, and congrats town!

Fastposted...I was Dead... :( I the bombananza!
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:34 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:While I only joined for a bit, i think this game was great. I'm still impressed with the 3-person bomb bonanza! I guess it was the only thing that would offset safari turning and giving away all his people.

I like the perk system, even though it threw me off. Did I only ever have the one role to unlock?

Also, what WOULD have happened had we not found Townshend? That was incredibly lucky on our part. :)

The voting system was responsible for town getting killed early on. That and some foolish/stubborn play....but overall, I think with a large group like that, the countdown must be in place to keep things moving.

Well done Minister, and congrats town!

Fastposted...I was Dead... :( I the bombananza!

One thing I saw that was interesting but never happened...we had several blockers and I can only imagine the fun that would follow if an enabler was blocked.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby kratos644 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:36 pm

rishaed wrote:I suspected you were a Beloved Princess... Man alive I was ticked to find out on the night I protected you you go and get yourself kidnapped ..... Fortunately we caught Flores. So what I want to know is that since the mafia enabler died, how did Kratos send in his action, and how did he get through the "roleblock?" Because supposedly Neb was roleblocking him ( or supposed to) both nights?

Our enabler only stopped our action for the night he was killed ;) so since the beloved princess died and we went straight to the next night I was able to send in an action
Major kratos644

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 am

Good game all, I enjoyed the game greatly, and I liked the perks system very much and the countdown vote system worked very well IMO. My only main complaint was that I found it unfair saf didnt have sealed lips when he switched over. It would have made his predicament much easier to be able to say that he could not give the names and switch over to third party... Well at least for me. I liked the game though, good game guys, and good modding MM!
Sergeant new guy1

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives