Conquer Club

Proposal: No Longer Include Games In War Threads

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should we stop posting and tracking games in the war threads?

Yes, stop posting them and just include a link the the site's page for the war.
46%
No, it's worth the extra time and effort to have the same information on a forum page.
54%

Total votes : 13

Proposal: No Longer Include Games In War Threads

Postby kmhebert on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi, I wanted to propose that we no longer post and track games in the war threads, now that the site itself has an excellent tool for doing so. For example, in the war Grim Reapers is currently fighting with Aeturnus, I have not posted the games in the thread but just a link to the site's page for this clan war:

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... WarId=1102

This page has all the information I would have tracked and then some! So I wanted to formally propose that we no longer feel obligated to post game results in the war threads, but just use them for general discussion and the like.
Sergeant kmhebert

Re: Proposal: No Longer Include Games In War Threads

Postby chemefreak on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 am

We have been discussing this internally. The thing is that it is still a nice check for us to find the games in the wars. Especially if clans change games or fail to post a few. At this point, the requirement continues to be the same.

kmhebert wrote:For example, in the war Grim Reapers is currently fighting with Aeturnus, I have not posted the games in the thread but just a link to the site's page for this clan war:

I had no idea this was happening. Please update your war thread per the rules. Thanks.

kmhebert wrote:we no longer feel obligated to post game results in the war threads

For now, rules is rules. Failure to follow them could result in the loss of privileges. That being said, we see the apparent redundancy, but a "well documented war thread" has been a mainstay for some time. Also, to be quite honest, putting the games in the Active War Thread and copying them in the war thread is not that much a burden. We will get back on this if we decide to change the rule.

Thanks.

ADD* Once everyone gets in the habit of doing posts like this http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&p=4439047#p4439034 I think we will eventually get away from putting games in the OPs. It is probably just a matter of time, but for now, please just humor us (and thanks to caffeine for giving me a great of example of how it should be done!)
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby kmhebert on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:18 pm

chemefreak wrote:We have been discussing this internally. The thing is that it is still a nice check for us to find the games in the wars. Especially if clans change games or fail to post a few. At this point, the requirement continues to be the same.

kmhebert wrote:For example, in the war Grim Reapers is currently fighting with Aeturnus, I have not posted the games in the thread but just a link to the site's page for this clan war:

I had no idea this was happening. Please update your war thread per the rules. Thanks.

kmhebert wrote:we no longer feel obligated to post game results in the war threads

For now, rules is rules. Failure to follow them could result in the loss of privileges. That being said, we see the apparent redundancy, but a "well documented war thread" has been a mainstay for some time. Also, to be quite honest, putting the games in the Active War Thread and copying them in the war thread is not that much a burden. We will get back on this if we decide to change the rule.

Thanks.

ADD* Once everyone gets in the habit of doing posts like this http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=441&t=196991&p=4439047#p4439034 I think we will eventually get away from putting games in the OPs. It is probably just a matter of time, but for now, please just humor us (and thanks to caffeine for giving me a great of example of how it should be done!)

OK I will try and update my thread today.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby chemefreak on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:23 pm

kmhebert wrote:OK I will try and update my thread today.

Thanks. It is a great suggestion and I am sorry if it sounded like I was chastising. It is probably inevitable. But right now, we are dealing with the CCup4, CCup5 getting ready, CL6, Admin trying to take our clan medals, database updating, and more...and having the check of the documented war threads to keep up on track is really helpful! Once everything gets in full swing again, probably in a few months, we will revisit, and when it gets implemented, we will give you the credit for the suggestion!
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby xman5151 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 pm

I am in favor of this as well. The information on the clan war pages is much more helpful the way I see it and is very clean. Also important is that it is consistent, we'll always see the same thing, and all the information being put into threads is duplicating that (while taking much more time to put together).

I don't know how it would work for cancelled games or other anomalies, but otherwise this seems like a great idea and the manual duplicate work should be eliminated for sure :D
Private xman5151

Postby kmhebert on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:16 pm

chemefreak wrote:
kmhebert wrote:OK I will try and update my thread today.

Thanks. It is a great suggestion and I am sorry if it sounded like I was chastising.

HA all good chemefreak! I probably got ahead of myself, I think the new clan pages are great. Actually all the recent updates have been really good, great job everyone. I didn't get to the thread tonight but will have time tomorrow, sorry for that. Will definitely be looking forward to not doing it anymore!
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby TheCrown on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 pm

And a war of GoN finished and was off by 1, and if I weren't checking, it would have gone unnoticed.
~Man will believe anything, as long as it's not in the Bible~
Colonel TheCrown

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm not against this. But this seems like a decision for the CDs since they are the ones inputting data. Or do they input it? Does the CC system generate it?
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby chemefreak on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:55 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:I'm not against this. But this seems like a decision for the CDs since they are the ones inputting data. Or do they input it? Does the CC system generate it?

We input it. We will probably implement this soon, but for now, we need the checks and balances. We still find errors in the system and until we can get that ironed out, we hope everyone will be patient with the department of redundancy department that is the CD Team :D
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby IcePack on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 pm

The difference is if the games are listed you can hover to get game info see settings etc which is not included in the clan tab.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby kmhebert on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 pm

TheCrown wrote:And a war of GoN finished and was off by 1, and if I weren't checking, it would have gone unnoticed.

Yes but that can happen just as easily and probably more easily with humans updating threads.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby kmhebert on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:16 pm

IcePack wrote:The difference is if the games are listed you can hover to get game info see settings etc which is not included in the clan tab.

I bet that could be added very easily?
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby IcePack on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 pm

kmhebert wrote:
IcePack wrote:The difference is if the games are listed you can hover to get game info see settings etc which is not included in the clan tab.

I bet that could be added very easily?

Probably

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Clan Archives