Conquer Club

Name Change

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Name Change

Postby Arama86n on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
donelladan wrote:Suggestions is nice. But 10$ to change your name??????? :shock: :o
No... 1$ would be ok I think.

The reason for $10 is to prevent excessive name changes. $10 isnt much, but it should be enough to prevent that.
$1 we would have name changes too much and it would cause serious problems Id imagine.

Agree 100%.
For once someone hit the spot immidiately. $10 is perfect. It will allow those that seriously want to hcange thier name to do it, and, as others have started, discourage people doing it weekly for fun.
Major Arama86n

Postby owenshooter on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:07 am

Arama86n wrote:
BGtheBrain wrote:
donelladan wrote:Suggestions is nice. But 10$ to change your name??????? :shock: :o
No... 1$ would be ok I think.

The reason for $10 is to prevent excessive name changes. $10 isnt much, but it should be enough to prevent that.
$1 we would have name changes too much and it would cause serious problems Id imagine.

Agree 100%.
For once someone hit the spot immidiately. $10 is perfect. It will allow those that seriously want to hcange thier name to do it, and, as others have started, discourage people doing it weekly for fun.

nope... should be the same cost as premium... pay for your premium and get a name change... period...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby adban on Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm happy with a name change, limit it to 1 or 2 changes and charge whatever up to the annual membership and also leave a history. So If i changed my name to e.g. tangerine forest i would have burdened myself with another crap user name. Thing is let us change a few times and charge us dearly but leave a history of the name changes so we can keep tabs of how horrible/ nice players are/were. Otherwise it's going to be abused, viz a vie multis etc.
Major adban

Postby Domination_44 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 pm

betiko wrote:yes and under these conditions:
-you would have your old name written under your new name on your wall page so that people recognize you
-your old username is "retired", no new member can take it
-inviting with either the old or the new name works
-you remain on people's foe/friend list after the name change

I vote yes, with these conditions, + only being able to change twice... +$10 fee.. though you can change back to a previous name for $10 an unlimited amount of times..

I'm too lazy to read two and a half pages, so if this has been requested already, apologies!
Sergeant 1st Class Domination_44

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:43 pm

I can only assume that bw hasn't yet realized that he can make money from this, because otherwise it would have been done by now ;-P
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby PFC_ID on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:34 pm

I would vote yes, please please please.
It would also be good for folks like myself - when we created our first user ID we were new to CC and did not full understand what the name meant. I created mine like a login ID to a generic site - not some menacing sign on like others have :). I would gladly pay $10 to change my name.
Live Long and Prosper ....... or just die
Major PFC_ID

Postby owenshooter on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 am

pfciii wrote:I would vote yes, please please please.
It would also be good for folks like myself - when we created our first user ID we were new to CC and did not full understand what the name meant. I created mine like a login ID to a generic site - not some menacing sign on like others have :). I would gladly pay $10 to change my name.

yes... because when you joined that "oh so confusing" space that said USERNAME, didn't really relay that it would be your USERNAME... however, i digress. i too, remember my first week on the internets... sigh...-Jésus noir

Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby khazalid on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:52 am

$10 for a name change?

+ 2 months of premium membership

+1 chameleon star

deal.
had i been wise, i would have seen that her simplicity cost her a fortune
Lieutenant khazalid

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Why not set a limit on that. You can change your username twice only. That would prevent abuse.

Sometimes a player might want to change their name because they've been harassed or whatever. I'd be down with that.

Other forum software allows for username changes where there is a record kept on the profile that can be set to be visible to only mods. The code could maybe be adapted for phpbb maybe?

As for invites directing to any past names. Bad idea. A user should have the right to disassociate themselves from a previous username if they want to. Of course records will be there if people want to run a search and know what to look for, but why make it easy for jerkbutts to find someone that maybe would otherwise start a new account to get away from them?

Dept leaders, multihunters and admins should have access to that info readily though.

If you're trying to reduce multis, at least make it more comfortable for the person trying to start over without literally starting over.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby PFC_ID on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:15 pm

I know it probably will not happen but how about the ability to add clan tags - like in Call Of duty Games. Even more difficult programming :) Worth putting out there.
Major PFC_ID

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:04 am

PFC_ID wrote:I know it probably will not happen but how about the ability to add clan tags - like in Call Of duty Games. Even more difficult programming :) Worth putting out there.

Go on my profile and tell me what's after my username.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby PFC_ID on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:21 pm

owenshooter wrote:
pfciii wrote:I would vote yes, please please please.

yes... because when you joined that "oh so confusing" space that said USERNAME, didn't really relay that it would be your USERNAME... however, i digress. i too, remember my first week on the internets... sigh...-Jésus noir

Owen - there are many sites out there in which your username (the one you use to login into the site) is different than your in game name, identity, profile, avatar - what ever you want to call it. So it is not such a stretch of the imagination to see why one might be confused and believe that when they enter the site they will be provided an opportunity to setup a different in game identity. Mocking someones posts in a thread does nothing except make you look petty - be constructive in your comments son and you will be taken more seriously and you won't look like a sniveling little *s*.
Major PFC_ID

Previous

Return to Suggestions