Conquer Club

The Championships - Conquest [Complete]

For finished TPA, Championship and other great tournaments of the past

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Championships - Conquest [Round 5]

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:07 am

Contacted TO, should have a reply shortly.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 pm

We are currently looking for a replacement TO!
Private mcshanester29

Postby Clive on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:12 am

I will be seeing this one out, new games soon hopefully!
General Clive

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks very much Clive. Very nice of you.

I would like to point out that there is some players among the current 40 that should play round 6 that are not on CC anymore.
It woudl be extremely nice if we could avoid facing them, especially since next turn are 1vs1 games I don't think it would be very difficult to exclude them.
Having to play them is, for one part boring to have a deadbeat, for another part unfair because they will give automatic points.

I am thinking of those :

Aussie02
Garbi
Jdsizzleslice

Not sure if this list is complete but I am pretty sure those players would just end up deadbeating.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby shoop76 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:40 am

Donelladan wrote:Thanks very much Clive. Very nice of you.

I would like to point out that there is some players among the current 40 that should play round 6 that are not on CC anymore.
It woudl be extremely nice if we could avoid facing them, especially since next turn are 1vs1 games I don't think it would be very difficult to exclude them.
Having to play them is, for one part boring to have a deadbeat, for another part unfair because they will give automatic points.

I am thinking of those :

Aussie02
Garbi
Jdsizzleslice

Not sure if this list is complete but I am pretty sure those players would just end up deadbeating.

Sorry to disagree here. I don't think you can take them out in the middle of a round. This should have done at the beginning. A lot of players have already gotten a lot of extra points and these concerns were never answered.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:53 am

shoop76 wrote:

I am thinking of those :

Aussie02
Garbi
Jdsizzleslice

Sorry to disagree here. I don't think you can take them out in the middle of a round. This should have done at the beginning. A lot of players have already gotten a lot of extra points and these concerns were never answered.

+1, as annoying as it is.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:51 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
shoop76 wrote:

I am thinking of those :

Aussie02
Garbi
Jdsizzleslice

+1, as annoying as it is.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I tend to agree. Taking them out half-way through a round is a bonus to those who have already scored free points off them. There's no really good solution, but leaving them in and "spreading the wealth" is the fairest way to go.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Donelladan on Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:58 am

Previous games were multiplayer games. There were not exactly free points.
And what if some players get to play the deadbeat many times during those 3 rounds and some never? It woudld have been way better to take them out.
It is never too late to do smthg good. Auto joining deadbeat was a mistake, is a mistake and always will be one. Hopefully one day someone will do smthg about it.

It is too late now, games started and they are in.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby shoop76 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:29 am

Not sure why the same groups were kept. Each round up to now the draw has been redone. We should have all games against different players.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Clive on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:01 am

I agree that the autojoining of deadbeats is a regrettable situation, it would be better if I could simply remove them and give the points to their randomly assigned opponents as a bye.

As far as the tournament structure goes, those points absolutely need to be assigned to someone, we can't just clip 3 player slots.

I'm sorry for the mistake in creation of round 6 - Maps have not been distributed evenly. I'm not sure why this is, but at least it's random and it's the same for everyone, so i'll just amend round 6 to "9 games on Arms race, Poker Club and Conquer 500".

Everyone also needs 3 more games, which i'll make when I figure out what went wrong.
General Clive

Postby Clive on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:07 am

shoop76 wrote:Not sure why the same groups were kept. Each round up to now the draw has been redone. We should have all games against different players.

If same groups are being kept, it's probably due to an unintentional lack of randomness in the auto match up system. It's supposed to be random draw. I'll look into this...I'm relatively inexperienced with autotournaments.
General Clive

Postby shoop76 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Clive wrote:I agree that the autojoining of deadbeats is a regrettable situation, it would be better if I could simply remove them and give the points to their randomly assigned opponents as a bye.

As far as the tournament structure goes, those points absolutely need to be assigned to someone, we can't just clip 3 player slots.

I'm sorry for the mistake in creation of round 6 - Maps have not been distributed evenly. I'm not sure why this is, but at least it's random and it's the same for everyone, so i'll just amend round 6 to "9 games on Arms race, Poker Club and Conquer 500".

Everyone also needs 3 more games, which i'll make when I figure out what went wrong.

Problem is now the same people that have gotten all these free points will receive them again. Can't these games be dropped and remade as they should be? Clive, I know you got thrown into this, but your predecessor didn't seem like he cared about this tournament. All these things were brought up to him and he never bothered to answer or take action. The previous parts of these rounds had large game loads and in many groups players were missing. They had 1 less player and yet received the same amount of points for wins. With the field going from 40 to 12 after this round it seems ridiculously unfair in the disparity in these games.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Clive on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:33 am

Sorry, Shoop, mass dropping of games would need a very good reason (such as a glitch ending games early), and needs to be authorised and done by the admins.

Working on next set of games, still having some issues setting them up.
General Clive

Postby shoop76 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:37 am

Clive wrote:Sorry, Shoop, mass dropping of games would need a very good reason (such as a glitch ending games early), and needs to be authorised and done by the admins.
Working on next set of games, still having some issues setting them up.

I understand and also understand that you were thrown into this. I still believe that some players had an immense advantage last round. I was never in jeopardy of not advancing, so that's not what my complaint is about. In general these tournaments have been very poorly run. I think a lot of the organizers had limited interest in running these. The setup should also, be simplified.

I noticed that there is a freemium that advanced. I take it that follow precedent and include him in the finals?
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Clive on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:26 am

Allowing a freemium into the finals would be a bit redundant. I'll tell him get premium or i'll manually eliminate him and give the spot to #13. Assuming the auto tourney system lets me, but it should be possible.

Running of the Flat rate/No spoils tourney has been a lot more work but at least i've not had the restrictions of the auto system to deal with.

I actually might just run the finals non-auto.
General Clive

Postby Clive on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:11 am

Ok, well, Bigwham has told me it has to be grouped to work. I guess the auto system is not designed for more complex tournaments like this. So, sorry about that. 3 more games, then we'll go freestyle in the finals so we can have truly random match ups.
General Clive

Postby shoop76 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

Why do we have more games? Do these count? With freestyle you mean random opponents? Or actual freestyle games?
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Clive on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:27 am

By that I mean i'll make the games manually instead of using the auto-system.

Game setting of course will be sequential.

More games because only 6 games were made previously. After these games complete, we start the finals.
General Clive

Postby shoop76 on Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Sorry Clive to continue to be a pain, but why are there 5 games, when it says there should be 3?
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Clive on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:30 pm

I have no idea. When I set them up it said 60 games created. But I when I made them into live games it pumped out 100. I don't understand what's going on with the auto system.

I can only apologise, all the live games will count, and like I said i'll be running the finals manually so no more blips.
General Clive

Postby grt on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

Are all round 6 games out now? I see there should have been 9 but I have 10 (all of which count I gather) but don't really understand where we are with this now.
Captain grt

Postby Clive on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Yes all round 6 games are out.

Everyone had 11 games, in the end, I believe. If you did not play all that means a freemium forfeited to you and you it counts for you.
General Clive

Re: The Championships - Conquest [Round 6b]

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Only 3 game left.
Stoked for the final 12!
Lieutenant Endgame422

Re: The Championships - Conquest [Round 6b]

Postby willedtowin1 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:29 am

nevermind ....lol

found it :

Conquest Championship Leader Board
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=1344