Conquer Club

Whac a Mod VIII

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whac a Mod VIII

Postby gigi_b on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Jesus Christ superstar! This guy has 70% win ration...yeah...that's seventy...notice the "ty" at the end not the "teen".

And that being said it's kind of nice that the mods have to invite the players to the games. This way they can choose map and settings.
That's a bit advantageous, since the players only have the "trick" of "stop playing" after they reach a humongous percentage like gbd88 with 63% wins....that's pretty decent too (I HATE YOU!!!) :D
Cadet gigi_b

Postby Swifte on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Razorvich wrote:IF any other MOD wants to break the 3 game rule... post HERE !!

This really just makes things way more complicated... now we have to know which mods allow how many games. Just make good rules and stick to them.
Colonel Swifte

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Swifte wrote:

This really just makes things way more complicated... now we have to know which mods allow how many games. Just make good rules and stick to them.

Thing is, this rule was not posted on Whac a mod main page so players who did not get into this forum did not know for existence of this rule.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Swifte wrote:

Hard to enforce, though. Someone would have to sit there with Game Finder on and see who has how many games, and then update that data constantly.

If there was more time maybe it could have been built in to the scoreboard, but it's too late for that now.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 am

Swifte wrote:

Would have to agree with swifte here. Seems like you punish the people that actually read and follow the rules.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 am

The rule was set in order to not have the same player joining plenty of games vs the same mod. There is a line between breaking the rule and unintentionally not noticing he rule is in the place. I did the latter and I admitted it after becoming aware it is against rules. I truly hope that is visible and that common sense prevails.
Major josko.ri

Postby Swifte on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:35 pm

josko.ri wrote:The rule was set in order to not have the same player joining plenty of games vs the same mod. There is a line between breaking the rule and unintentionally not noticing he rule is in the place. I did the latter and I admitted it after becoming aware it is against rules. I truly hope that is visible and that common sense prevails.

My comment wasn't targeting you specifically or the situation of 'accidentally' breaking the rule. Agree that the mods need to handle that with whatever reasonable approach they deem fit.
My comment was intended to stop from creating the situation where every mod individually does or does not have a 3 game limit based on their commenting in this thread, which would only make it more difficult for people to know what the rule actually is.
Colonel Swifte

Postby ooge on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:44 pm

maybe there is something wrong with my screen because I have no idea who the mod is who has the game open.I dont like to play games against the same player as it is.But Like I said I cant tell who the mod is or the the complete setting for the game.These whac a mod games should be random along with the setting to make it fair for everyone.
Captain ooge

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:59 pm

josko.ri wrote:The rule was set in order to not have the same player joining plenty of games vs the same mod. There is a line between breaking the rule and unintentionally not noticing he rule is in the place. I did the latter and I admitted it after becoming aware it is against rules. I truly hope that is visible and that common sense prevails.

Also not targeting you. Just seems there are many events that the rules change or are made up on the fly. Just want to see consistency.
Colonel shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby ooge on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:22 pm

does not say who the mod is in the banner.hard to follow a 3 game limit rule. I joined a team game only to see that someone else was already in the game.I would not have joined if I knew that.Really the way this is set up is a huge disadvantage to non mods.This was not a issue in the past.
Captain ooge

Postby charliebnt on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:21 pm

Why is it so hard to get in a game, they are always reserved?
Lieutenant charliebnt

Postby ooge on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:25 am

Dont join team games against the mods..there is another player on your team and you dont know who it is.
Captain ooge

Postby Swifte on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 am

ooge wrote:Dont join team games against the mods..there is another player on your team and you dont know who it is.

What you can do is click on the map image in the Whac A Mod banner and it will show you who is in the game. That is also how you can check which mod you're facing. Unfortunately you have to go back to the banner to join the game (clicking join on the game view will require the password). If you are able to get in to a team game with empty slots, you can invite teammates once you join.
Colonel Swifte

Postby BIG_John on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:58 am

I have also noticed that there are some Whac A Mod games being played and not one mod in the game! Not sure how that works but people are playing it out and getting mod kills and not even playing a mod.Which defeats the purpose of Whac A Mod in my opinion.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby Swifte on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:42 am

BIG_John wrote:I have also noticed that there are some Whac A Mod games being played and not one mod in the game! Not sure how that works but people are playing it out and getting mod kills and not even playing a mod.Which defeats the purpose of Whac A Mod in my opinion.

I think that has to do with mods setting them up, inviting themselves.. and then forgetting to accept the invite to their own game within 24 hours.
Colonel Swifte

Postby ooge on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:53 am

Swifte wrote:
ooge wrote:Dont join team games against the mods..there is another player on your team and you dont know who it is.

What you can do is click on the map image in the Whac A Mod banner and it will show you who is in the game. That is also how you can check which mod you're facing. Unfortunately you have to go back to the banner to join the game (clicking join on the game view will require the password). If you are able to get in to a team game with empty slots, you can invite teammates once you join.

Thank you for the explanation, I understand now how this works.I sometimes miss the obvious stuff.
Captain ooge

Postby BIG_John on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Swifte wrote:
BIG_John wrote:I have also noticed that there are some Whac A Mod games being played and not one mod in the game! Not sure how that works but people are playing it out and getting mod kills and not even playing a mod.Which defeats the purpose of Whac A Mod in my opinion.

I think that has to do with mods setting them up, inviting themselves.. and then forgetting to accept the invite to their own game within 24 hours.

Thanks Swifte! That makes sense! But not sure why they would set them up and not join right away lol. Oh well! Maybe they only have short term memory loss lol.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby ronsizzle on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:44 am

gotta love all the hive poly 4 games....

hahahaha, whatever mod did that should be ashamed.
Sergeant 1st Class ronsizzle

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:02 am

How will be counted games when there are 2 players playing without mods?
I guess that happens when mods fail to accept their invite and then 2 empty slots leave for grabbing from players.

one example is Game 16234830 which is currently counted as valid game. on the Scoreboard.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:39 am

josko.ri wrote:How will be counted games when there are 2 players playing without mods?
I guess that happens when mods fail to accept their invite and then 2 empty slots leave for grabbing from players.

one example is Game 16234830 which is currently counted as valid game. on the Scoreboard.

Yeah, they're still valid games. We counted them last year.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Shannon Apple on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Mod might have made games and forgot to invite themselves :lol:

Activity is down on whac a mod this year me thinks. Last year we couldn't keep up with the demand.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ElricTheGreat on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:43 am

Will someone take down the remaining games .... it is well after midnight?

To qualify for this event the game had to start on the 7th by 23h59 correct?
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Code_RED on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 am

Can there be more non Poly whac a mod games plz? I see that its unable for me to join them as a freemium account:) but i really like the event thnks
Sergeant 1st Class Code_RED

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:57 am

no classic maps by the mods, 4 of you quads v's 4 players come on bring on the fun, 1 v 1 poly are wank especially hive that will take years if not decades to complete.
Lieutenant Blitzkrieg Frank

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:04 am

The time for joining WHAC-A-MOD games is now over.

Wins in ongoing games will continue to be counted until the 21st.

The banner on your Central Command page is gone now, but you can still access the scoreboard through the Community Tab or through this link.
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives