Conquer Club

CC10 -- Conquer Club Soon Turning 10!

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC10 -- Conquer Club Soon Turning 10!

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:13 pm

It has started now, but with only 33 players in, out of supposed 160.

Game 16257949
Major josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 pm

josko.ri wrote:It has started now, but with only 33 players in, out of supposed 160.

Game 16257949

I think there's 2 of them now, 33 & 127 or something

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Code_RED on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 pm

IcePack wrote:
josko.ri wrote:It has started now, but with only 33 players in, out of supposed 160.

Game 16257949

I think there's 2 of them now, 33 & 127 or something

Got the email you are right and im in the 127 player game but here comes the problem everyone got 2x the 1 mark behind his name for behing active and in the game. But it seems that somehow im the only one who got a 1 and a 0... It also says on the map "you are not in the game" instead of "waiting for your turn". Do you have any idea who i have to pm or can you maybe pm someone to look at it?
Sergeant 1st Class Code_RED

Postby Code_RED on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 pm

This cant be true, the Day 10 Hive game has started with me in the name list of the 127 players.... And then im the only one with an 0 instead of 1. Im just blocked from the game and it has started already, luckily nobody done a turn yet so only solution i see it restart the game please with me in it i cant believe that im the 1 out of 127 who is left out of the fun. I rather hang myself then i have to see the game is about start without me :| plz restart it its never too late

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:12 pm

Code_RED wrote:This cant be true, the Day 10 Hive game has started with me in the name list of the 127 players.... And then im the only one with an 0 instead of 1. Im just blocked from the game and it has started already, luckily nobody done a turn yet so only solution i see it restart the game please with me in it i cant believe that im the 1 out of 127 who is left out of the fun. I rather hang myself then i have to see the game is about start without me :| plz restart it its never too late

MAybe you as freemium already have 4 games going?
Major josko.ri

Postby Code_RED on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:26 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Code_RED wrote:This cant be true, the Day 10 Hive game has started with me in the name list of the 127 players.... And then im the only one with an 0 instead of 1. Im just blocked from the game and it has started already, luckily nobody done a turn yet so only solution i see it restart the game please with me in it i cant believe that im the 1 out of 127 who is left out of the fun. I rather hang myself then i have to see the game is about start without me :| plz restart it its never too late

No actually i have 3 games active and was waiting in 1 game plus the tournament. Now i dropped the waiting game but the tourney is started but 0 turns taken so if anyone can see this restart the game and its fixt i think... If they wanna put some energy in a nobody like me offcoursr, kidding:mrgreen:

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 pm

Code_RED wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

No actually i have 3 games active and was waiting in 1 game plus the tournament. Now i dropped the waiting game but the tourney is started but 0 turns taken so if anyone can see this restart the game and its fixt i think... If they wanna put some energy in a nobody like me offcoursr, kidding:mrgreen:

Waiting game is counted as a 1 game in your total number of games. It is written there as a reason you cannot play is because you are freemium with 4 games going. How didnt you think about that, it was known that the game will start these hours.
Major josko.ri

Postby nĆ me on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Players dropped: Code_RED (You are already playing 4 games - please upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this limitation.)

Ouch. That's indeed what happened
Major nĆ me

Postby josko.ri on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Does anyone know if these CC10 battle royales are counted in BR medal stats? I have won my first BR Game 16245577 but did not receive bronze BR medal. At the same time, I have received unique kills from the game for Freestyle medal.
Major josko.ri

Postby Code_RED on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:31 am

josko.ri wrote:
Code_RED wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

Waiting game is counted as a 1 game in your total number of games. It is written there as a reason you cannot play is because you are freemium with 4 games going. How didnt you think about that, it was known that the game will start these hours.

Josko you have to believe me if i say that i played more cc10 tournaments, Decade in review plus the same as the Hive. And i never kicked out because i had 4 games active. In fact i did played day 5/6/7 when i had 4 games active playing plus also waiting for the next tournament. So at one point, if waiting games counted, i had 7 games out of the 4 max. This is the first time i got kicked out of a tourney because that rule. And im 100% sure other freemiums could also do it that way and have more games active right incl the event tourney but only i got kicked out and no Mod done something so far not even trying to contact me and im sure someone read my posts and also, like name wrote here, saw the message in the tourney itself. I even pmed IcePack no reaction, i see Dukasaur is online, no reaction or action and he knows i like the whole event a lot and im very down that im missing this. I really participated in almost every side event possible the past 12 days... I mean come on ppl had to read my call for help and that there was something going wrong in the day 10 tournament? I really hope that its not what i think right now. Mods see my post and thinking oh 1 person out 127 is kicked out, oh 3 medals, oh 20 forum posts, oh thats not so important they wont miss him in the tournament. I really get the feeling they just left me behind. Its really too quiet Mods, its 5 hours later now since i posted several times and since the tournament has started. If it was a friend or somebody else you guys know who was left out of the tournament and was making a big deal then im sure the whole tournament just got restarted simple as that. You know even now the tournament can still restart its turn 1 man come on do something?????????? I think all the players will understand and also feel the same when it happens to themselfs, stroke your big hearts for me plz i know there must be somebody who feels bad for this newbie we all started from the bottom right??????

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:17 am

Does this mean that the final will have 11 players? Seems like there will be an extra cake available.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Koganosi on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 am

shoop76 wrote:Does this mean that the final will have 11 players? Seems like there will be an extra cake available.

Or a dupe wins but jeah probably 11.

urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Koganosi on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:56 am

I think the setup of the 2 hive games is highly unprofessional! A few things to consider here.

First the people signed up for what should have been the biggest BR of all time, with everyone getting 2 terro's. The 133 man did get 2 terro's the 30 man did get something like 10!!! I dont call 10 terro's a BR, it doenst give me the rush of a BR either. Although the 2 terro's qualifies more as a BR there still is a ton of neutrals!

What could have been done?

I see a few easy solutions:

First of all fix the problems with the database, remove the restriction and start the game anyways with the right amount of players.
Second you could have reopened the tournament and make the last one void, inviting more players and making 2-133 man games and make 2 winners!
Third I think a random draw for who gets in the 30 and the 133 is still better then just picking the first 30, I dont really care about the higher chances if winning, caus I think my chances are actually lowered now. (Also I already have a cake so that thing doenst matter to me at all).

That was just something I came up with easily.

Although the problem is "solved" now, I think it is done highly unproffessional and I would like to have seen it done in a better way. A better way is talking with the community and else PM'ing the people in that Tournament asking their opinion. What should have been the biggest game in CC for me and monumental now is just a Whim and a "lost dream".

Just my 2 cents.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby josko.ri on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:08 am

I totally support everything what Koganosi said, I am also disappointed and I think that 33 players with 10 territories is not really giving me higher chances of winning because it will lead to stalemate so my chances are 1/33 while in the 133 game Hive it would be higher if I catch the escalating sweep in the right moment.

If you look at the chat of the 33 players game, everyone who commented so far is not happy with being in that game and having "higher" chance of winning.

Koganosi wrote:Second you could have reopened the tournament and make the last one void, inviting more players and making 2-133 man games and make 2 winners!

You brought excellent idea. It anyway filled very quickly so I guess there were more interested players to join and we would have make 266 entries.

I really hope there is still chance to delete current games and do something which will make people happy.
Major josko.ri

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:13 am

You can't please everybody, still every player who participated in the speed BRs won't be content in the way this issue was handled. Sometimes restrictions like this aren't easy to fix, but the issue was still handled poorly imo.

If CC is unable to gather 266 players who'd like to play a BR on Hive, a random draw would be better.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby bigWham on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:05 am

Koganosi wrote:I think the setup of the 2 hive games is highly unprofessional! A few things to consider here.

First the people signed up for what should have been the biggest BR of all time, with everyone getting 2 terro's. The 133 man did get 2 terro's the 30 man did get something like 10!!! I dont call 10 terro's a BR, it doenst give me the rush of a BR either. Although the 2 terro's qualifies more as a BR there still is a ton of neutrals!

What could have been done?

I see a few easy solutions:

First of all fix the problems with the database, remove the restriction and start the game anyways with the right amount of players.
Second you could have reopened the tournament and make the last one void, inviting more players and making 2-133 man games and make 2 winners!
Third I think a random draw for who gets in the 30 and the 133 is still better then just picking the first 30, I dont really care about the higher chances if winning, caus I think my chances are actually lowered now. (Also I already have a cake so that thing doenst matter to me at all).

That was just something I came up with easily.

Although the problem is "solved" now, I think it is done highly unproffessional and I would like to have seen it done in a better way. A better way is talking with the community and else PM'ing the people in that Tournament asking their opinion. What should have been the biggest game in CC for me and monumental now is just a Whim and a "lost dream".

Just my 2 cents.

Urs

Koganosi

Hi Koganosi,

I would like to refute that this was handled "unprofessionally". The reason the tournament disappeared for a day was that I was considering, and consulting with multiple people, about the best course of action. Despite getting numerous contact from jittery folk wondering where their Royale was, I was taking the time to try to make the best call, and get input on it, because I give a damn about doing the best thing for the site and you guys. Fact is, in almost every situation, any decision you make will be disliked by some, and frankly I expect every decision to get vilified... but if you contend to impugn my professionalism, I take issue with that.

All the ideas you suggest were considered. The database could be updated, but the site would have to come down. That typically requires days of warnings and is obviously disruptive. A new tourney with 127 players could have been created but that would have taken time to fill, and people were getting jittery. 2 games with 80 players could have been created but then neither would be the biggest game ever as advertised. Etc. All ideas had pros and cons.

The current situation gives the players in the smaller game approximately 4x the chance of winning. I had thought that that would be favorable to them, as it clearly improves their chance of progressing. In your specific case, already having a Cake, this is perhaps not that important. If I had considered that circumstance I may have taken it into account, so I'm sorry about that. But I don't see that it makes it as terrible a decision as you suggest.

The game will not stalemate due to both escalating spoils and round limit, so that is not really a concern.

If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.
Major bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:16 am

Code_RED wrote: ...and no Mod done something so far not even trying to contact me and im sure someone read my posts and also, like name wrote here, saw the message in the tourney itself. I even pmed IcePack no reaction, i see Dukasaur is online, no reaction or action and he knows i like the whole event a lot and im very down that im missing this.

I'm going to stop you right there and call BS. You PM me and I did answer.
There was nothing I could do as this is way above anything I'm able to assist with but I answered your question.
I have no idea what duk is able to do as far as setting up / fixing events but I believe any "fix" would require him to go to the admin (since event isn't my area of expertise, it would need to be him).
I also knew the admin were already involved with the fix so again, besides answering your question there's nothing else I could have assisted with. If you had follow up questions, you never voiced them to me directly.
Last edited by IcePack on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:40 am

bigwham wrote:If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

Wow, thank you very much bigwham. Way to go here ! =D> =D> =D>

I just mp every player in the BR asking them to say if they agree.

Donelladan wrote:Hello everyone,

as most of you may know this Game 16257949 was supposed to be a 160 players game.
Due to technical reason it couldn't be done, and one game with 127 players and another one with 33 ( the one we are playing) was made.
Some players complained that this is not what they expected.
bigwham, site owner, replied here :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=216193&view=unread#unread

I am explaining you what bigwham said in the thread, but better go read it yourself of course !

To make it simple, he is offering, if we all agree, to delete this game, and create another one with 127 players, we would all be automatically included, and would have to wait it fill but we would have a huge battle royale game with 127 players.
This is something I would personnally prefer.

So let's all state in the chat that we agree to a remake. And if someone disagree, then say it, here and in the thread so that it is known.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Koganosi on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:09 pm

bigWham wrote:Hi Koganosi,

I would like to refute that this was handled "unprofessionally". The reason the tournament disappeared for a day was that I was considering, and consulting with multiple people, about the best course of action. Despite getting numerous contact from jittery folk wondering where their Royale was, I was taking the time to try to make the best call, and get input on it, because I give a damn about doing the best thing for the site and you guys. Fact is, in almost every situation, any decision you make will be disliked by some, and frankly I expect every decision to get vilified... but if you contend to impugn my professionalism, I take issue with that.

All the ideas you suggest were considered. The database could be updated, but the site would have to come down. That typically requires days of warnings and is obviously disruptive. A new tourney with 127 players could have been created but that would have taken time to fill, and people were getting jittery. 2 games with 80 players could have been created but then neither would be the biggest game ever as advertised. Etc. All ideas had pros and cons.

The current situation gives the players in the smaller game approximately 4x the chance of winning. I had thought that that would be favorable to them, as it clearly improves their chance of progressing. In your specific case, already having a Cake, this is perhaps not that important. If I had considered that circumstance I may have taken it into account, so I'm sorry about that. But I don't see that it makes it as terrible a decision as you suggest.

The game will not stalemate due to both escalating spoils and round limit, so that is not really a concern.

If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

If by any chance it is better for the feeling of the players to give any prior notice on this, since then they can also come up with input on how to handle the situation. It seems a decent number of players messaged you, but I did not want to do that as I already started up discussions in the appropriate threads.

I think considered here should be to always let a random number generator take care of who gets put in which game in any case, now the players who tried to join fast get punished in my eyes. My reasoning for joining quickly (even checking when it would come up at 0:00 CCT, since thats not my official time) was something in the lines of this, I woke up early to join the game since I saw alot of people getting CC10 tokens. I didnt want to miss this piece of history since I have been here for a while already! As previously said, it might have been good to forward this to the tournament players on how you were gonna handle the situation. On which everyone could have some time replying, on what they want and we could pick a solution from what the majory of people wanted!

Now we are left with the situation that alot of people are unhappy about the game, since (from what I feel) most dont like the game. I would like to mention that if I did not have a cake, I would still liked the play the bigger game, since I joined almost (think I missed one) BR's for the sake of playing BR's since they are fun. It just feels like a normal freestyle escalating game, which not at all feels special to me. And I think the monumental royale was supposed to give a "special" feeling.

I think I didnt really see the round limit which is my bad, and it will only take 20 games to finish. But its the least of the matter here in my opinion.

We will see if more people want the remake for the 127 player game instead.

But jeah next time I would like to see a post you do now, so we can discuss things! Not after I have to call you/team cc out on their decision making, and get backed up by the community. Thats the part where I am most pissed off about, and I think that still is unprofessionally from team CC in this case. So jeah I still think this could have been handled better here!

Urs

Koganosi

(Edit time caus I forgot something)

Also now can we start dealing with the consequences? The final tournament, link here:http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=JoinTournament&confirm=1&password=true&tournament_id=3595, is now up. But this is made for 10 players. There is a chance 11 people will now win a cc cake due to the smaller game, I would like all the players who win a cake get a shot at the final tournament! Not get a player to sit out since he won his BR last, which most likely is due to it starting late (these things tend to take 24 hours a round and normally finish after 4-5 rounds). So could we change the tournaments settings and make it 11 players?
Last edited by Koganosi on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Koganosi

Postby bigWham on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Koganosi wrote:

If by any chance it is better for the feeling of the players to give any prior notice on this, since then they can also come up with input on how to handle the situation. It seems a decent number of players messaged you, but I did not want to do that as I already started up discussions in the appropriate threads.

I think considered here should be to always let a random number generator take care of who gets put in which game in any case, now the players who tried to join fast get punished in my eyes. My reasoning for joining quickly (even checking when it would come up at 0:00 CCT, since thats not my official time) was something in the lines of this, I woke up early to join the game since I saw alot of people getting CC10 tokens. I didnt want to miss this piece of history since I have been here for a while already! As previously said, it might have been good to forward this to the tournament players on how you were gonna handle the situation. On which everyone could have some time replying, on what they want and we could pick a solution from what the majory of people wanted!

Now we are left with the situation that alot of people are unhappy about the game, since (from what I feel) most dont like the game. I would like to mention that if I did not have a cake, I would still liked the play the bigger game, since I joined almost (think I missed one) BR's for the sake of playing BR's since they are fun. It just feels like a normal freestyle escalating game, which not at all feels special to me. And I think the monumental royale was supposed to give a "special" feeling.

I think I didnt really see the round limit which is my bad, and it will only take 20 games to finish. But its the least of the matter here in my opinion.

But jeah next time I would like to see a post you do now, so we can discuss things! Not after I have to call you/team cc out on their decision making, and get backed up by the community. Thats the party where I am most pissed off about, and I think that still is unprofessionally from team CC in this case. So jeah I still think this could have been handled better here!

Urs

Koganosi

Also now can we start dealing with the consequences? The final tournament, link here:http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?submit=JoinTournament&confirm=1&password=true&tournament_id=3595, is now up. But this is made for 10 players. There is a chance 11 people will now win a cc cake due to the smaller game, I would like all the players who win a cake get a shot at the final tournament! Not get a player to sit out since he won his BR last, which most likely is due to it starting late (these things tend to take 24 hours a round and normally finish after 4-5 rounds). So could we change the tournaments settings and make it 11 players?

Yes the Finale tournament/game will be 11, unless someone wins 2 cakes. I neglected to expand the tournament, but have done so now.
Major bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby shoop76 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:24 pm

bigWham wrote:
Koganosi wrote:

But jeah next time I would like to see a post you do now, so we can discuss things! Not after I have to call you/team cc out on their decision making, and get backed up by the community. Thats the party where I am most pissed off about, and I think that still is unprofessionally from team CC in this case. So jeah I still think this could have been handled better here!

Urs

Koganosi

Yes the Finale tournament/game will be 11, unless someone wins 2 cakes. I neglected to expand the tournament, but have done so now.

I don;t mind either way if the game stays or is remade, but I do have issue that the field not automatically increase to 11. Some of us have spent a lot of time getting to the top of the scoreboard knowing that there is a good chance that someone wins 2 battle royales.

Looking at the rules

If there are less than 10 winners, or a Cake winner does not enter the Finale by a certain time (Jan 15), additional Cakes will be issued based on the number of CC10 tokens owned.

Now this seems to have been changed 3 weeks after the event has started. That seems unfair.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby elonpuckhog on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Regarding the Hive game with 33 players, I'm in it. I'm ok with any solution to the game.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby badmunkay on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey,
Thanks for the tourney.
I'm in the 33 game and am happy for a remake and a new 127 game.
Cheers.
Colonel badmunkay

Postby Code_RED on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Donelladan wrote:
bigwham wrote:If all players in the game agree we can delete it, start a new Tourney for 127 players, wait for it to fill, and proceed that way.

Wow, thank you very much bigwham. Way to go here ! =D> =D> =D>

I just mp every player in the BR asking them to say if they agree.

Donelladan wrote:Hello everyone,

as most of you may know this Game 16257949 was supposed to be a 160 players game.
Due to technical reason it couldn't be done, and one game with 127 players and another one with 33 ( the one we are playing) was made.
Some players complained that this is not what they expected.
bigwham, site owner, replied here :

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

I am explaining you what bigwham said in the thread, but better go read it yourself of course !

To make it simple, he is offering, if we all agree, to delete this game, and create another one with 127 players, we would all be automatically included, and would have to wait it fill but we would have a huge battle royale game with 127 players.
This is something I would personnally prefer.

So let's all state in the chat that we agree to a remake. And if someone disagree, then say it, here and in the thread so that it is known.

Can i be putted in the new tournament then guys? Im still left out of the 127 game so i still missed the day 10 event completly other then everyone else who could play their turns atleast. Would make me happy aswell im still very down because of it:(( plz some one give me feedback from the Admins or anyone if thats alright with you, it would make my day atleast

thnks Code_RED

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 pm

I'd gladly remake the Hive game.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives