Conquer Club

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:04 pm

Here is the prison map i started a while ago, that hasn't been possible until the new xml was in place, and now it is. (very rough draft)

its a very different style of game play than the normal traditional country by country route. all the 'continents' are decentralized but the different game play should be easy to pick up.

it works like this...

a prison riot has just broken out the CC supermax prison. in order to survive and take over you have to re-unite your gang. the more gang members you hold the stronger your gang.

the cells can attack out into the hall but not side to side, i will make this more clear later.

the yard is a free for all and anyone can attack anyone else, it is not a safe place to be. the showers in the bottom and the outside area at the front gate are also free for all areas.

the grey circles receive no bonus. the dark grey are weapons and get +1 and the hole areas are -1. you will have to take a hole spot to reunite your whole gang.
here are the stats,

6 gangs with 15 members each
35 guards
10 weapons
10 black spaces
12-13 free cell space
-----
145 total playable areas at the moment
90 total playable areas on the first turn
guards will have variable neutral starting numbers.
you need the warden to have the guard bonus. (not sure how the xml will work on that)

so there is still some free space left. maybe they can be left as single cells or something.
also the question mark can be an electric chair, but im not sure what the purpose would be.

the gang arraignment cant move around for balance. there are several factors to consider here with the new style of play.

1. number of the same gang member in one cell ( 1 or 2)
2. number of gang members in one cell block
3. proximity of gang members to each other in cell block
4. proximity of gang members to the cell block entrance
5. single cell or double cell.
6. gang member is in a cell with a weapon.

ok enough talk, here it is.

dont drop the soap!
latest
Click image to enlarge.

first draft
Last edited by mibi on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Captain mibi

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm

It is very different gameplay, but i think i like it.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm

i like the idea and i especially like the central yard. it's gonna be mayhem in there :twisted:

the graphics suck but i guess this is just a rough sketch so i'm not worried about it. :)

more on gameplay later after i take a good look at it.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nyuklhed on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:32 pm

yeah, great idea!
good 1st draft,

you need to make clear of where everything is.

keep it up
ĀæHogie?
Cook nyuklhed

Like it

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 pm

Try using different Icons for the gangs
Like a shield for the guards...
and maybe a gun for the weapon slots... like a shotgun or pistol
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Better finish the Trojan War map first...

...or that D-Day map. What happened to that one?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Spockers on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:41 pm

mibi, i've seen your other maps. You can do better than this.
Private 1st Class Spockers

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:53 pm

i like this...but i still think you should make an alcatraz map instead of just any prison.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:09 pm

update: this is a rough sketch
Captain mibi

Postby Sparqs on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:17 pm

I like this concept - the strategy options look interesting.

Suggestion:
Guard Towers
2 or 3 towers around the yard, each with bombardment access to a portion of the yard. Perhaps call them "snipers" or some such and don't include them in the Guard bonus.
Sergeant Sparqs

Postby riggable on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:23 pm

Your going to have to rework the hole to make going in their more vital for your success. Perhaps make 14 gang members= +6 and 15 gang members = +10, so that going into the hole would seem important enough to risk the -1 per turn. Otherwise, the hole would just be an ignored part of the map.
Sergeant riggable

Postby edbeard on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:26 pm

I can't remember if the "conquer" option where you win a game by holding specific territories is part of the new XML, but if it is, how about making that another way to win? Eliminate your opponents, or control an entire gang.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 pm

Sparqs wrote:I like this concept - the strategy options look interesting.

Suggestion:
Guard Towers
2 or 3 towers around the yard, each with bombardment access to a portion of the yard. Perhaps call them "snipers" or some such and don't include them in the Guard bonus.

there are 2 guard towers. the ones with the one way arrows :wink:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:07 pm

edbeard wrote:I can't remember if the "conquer" option where you win a game by holding specific territories is part of the new XML, but if it is, how about making that another way to win? Eliminate your opponents, or control an entire gang.

nah, thats not too fun. i would rather wreak havoc with my +10 then simply win the game.
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:10 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Better finish the Trojan War map first...

...or that D-Day map. What happened to that one?

trojan war isnt ever possible until non-deployable territories is implemented, which looks to be a few months out. and d-day is still in the forge.
Captain mibi

Postby Sparqs on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 pm

DiM wrote:
Sparqs wrote:I like this concept - the strategy options look interesting.

Suggestion:
Guard Towers

there are 2 guard towers. the ones with the one way arrows :wink:

Ah, I didn't see the arrows. There's no legend to indicate bombardment, so those might be security doors.

If they are towers with bombardment, I think giving them line-of-fire to a portion of the yard (with unbalanced distribution of gang members) would increase strategic options.
Sergeant Sparqs

Postby mibi on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:31 pm

i should also mention that each cell block has a dominant gang. but the gang members can be moved around for interesting strategies or something, lots of options here.
Captain mibi

Love it

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 pm

What about a KITCHEN / Cafeteria....Electric Chair...Chapel
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

i dont know if this is possible but can u specify how many arnies u have on a nutral territory? if so it should be about 4 or 5 to make the breaking out part more fun.
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:05 am

gimil wrote:i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

i dont know if this is possible but can u specify how many arnies u have on a nutral territory? if so it should be about 4 or 5 to make the breaking out part more fun.

thats an interesting idea, id consider it if other people are into it. but you have to factor in that the guards will be more difficult to hold if they have more than 3 armies on them. maybe the cell block guards can have 5 or something and the guards quaters can have 1 neutral.. that sounds like a good idea
Captain mibi

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 am

to get an instant fan base , why dont you call it Prison Break or Fox River......
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:33 am

hulmey wrote:to get an instant fan base , why dont you call it Prison Break or Fox River......

copywright lol but id love to see it lol
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:34 am

mibi wrote:
gimil wrote:i like the concept but im not a big fan of the layout. maby if it was rearranged a little with dirrenet sized cell blocks. have say a maximum security block with more guard and a minimun security will less? Also gameplay wise i would like to see all the guard starting nutral so give the idea that people will ahve to physically breakout.

thats an interesting idea, id consider it if other people are into it. but you have to factor in that the guards will be more difficult to hold if they have more than 3 armies on them. maybe the cell block guards can have 5 or something and the guards quaters can have 1 neutral.. that sounds like a good idea

Have the number of armies on the guard depend on where they are. more on maximum security and like u said less of teh guards room etc
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby hulmey on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:44 am

There is no problem with copyright at all....As long as you profit is directly made of the map its ok....
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:02 pm

wou;d the premium memberships not be classed as making profit thou : \
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Next

Return to The Atlas