Conquer Club

THROWBACK CLAN WARS ARE HERE

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

THROWBACK CLAN WARS ARE HERE

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:00 pm

...........................................................THE CLAN DEPT PRESENTS

What are Throwback Mini Wars
Throwback Mini Wars are an Expansion of the 10 Year Mini War Celebration concept announced back on April 1st!

The Clan Department is temporarily waiving the "one clan rule" (for this event only) to allow players to compete for any clan they have medaled with in the past! This allows anyone to grab their old friends, partners, drag old friends back to the site and relive the glory days in mini clan war style!

Small teams of 6-12 Players will face off versus each other, some under clan names that potentially haven't been seen in many years! Fight for your clans - past or present - and help them claim their rightful place at the head of the Mini Cup thrown!

Mini Throwback Wars Privs Available from July 1st-Oct 1st 2017
21 Game Mini Wars
3 Dub + 3 Trip + 3 Quad + 1 Clan Choice Home (D/T/Q)
3 Dub + 3 Trip + 3 Quad + 1 Clan Choice Away (D/T/Q)
Tie Breaker Classic Trips ESC Chained Sunny

What Maps and Settings Are Available
ALL non-beta maps are available for this event!
All settings are available for this event! (Except the standard no speed, no manual, no freestyle)

There are no map or setting restrictions for this event (although benga may announce map restrictions for the Mini Cup). You will find that info in the Throwback Mini Cup Sign Up Thread.

Player Info and Restrictions
- You must use a minimum of 6 players and a maximum of 12 players.
- Grab your friends, organize the best teams available or bring some old friends back in order to represent your old colors!
- All players must previously have played for the clan they are representing (must have medals from that clan to prove it, or in rare cases be willing and able to prove / show it in some other fashion)
- You can represent ANY active or inactive clan that has existed, as long as you find enough players from said clan to help represent it.
- Each participating player must play a minimum of 3 games.

How Can You Participate
Throwback Wars will be exclusively held through Mini War Cups, no pick up Throwbacks will be allowed.

Details
Rule #1 - Leave your bickering at the door. Please resolve all issues amongst yourselves unless you absolutely must involve a CD. These games are FOR FUN, please try to keep that in mind. If there's an issue with the mini cup, please contact benga first.

- These mini-wars are available for three months starting on July 1st, 2017.
- Schedules are up to both clans, as long as the wars complete by Nov 30th, 2017.
- Because you will be potentially participating outside of your current clan membership, these cannot be added to the database. So old school tracking of wars and games and results in the OP is needed as well as complete team lists.

- You can join more then one throwback cup at the same time if they were part of multiple clans in thier history, but that throwback group can not join the same throwback cup if you are signed up in another Throwback in the same mini cup. Essentially, you cannot have any chance of potentially "playing yourself" in the same Throwback cup

- if players A-F represent a clan in Throwback Cup #1, that same clan can have different representatives in future Throwback Cups if desired as long as the above rules all are met.

- you must list all players representing / participating in the throwback cups at sign up

- These wars are just for FUN, and therefore will go UNRANKED on the F400. Since some of the clans "no longer exist" there will be NO option to have ranked throwback wars.

[b]Disclaimer:

This will be the first (and last) time an event like this waiving the "one clan rule" will EVER be held. If you're interested in participating, you should consider doing so sooner rather than later. Anyone deemed to be skirting the rules, abusing these privs, fighting in wars outside of the outlined bounds of this event, or otherwise breaking of the "one clan rule" will face consequences.

Prizes
- There will not be medals for each mini war, however the winning Throwback Clan for each Throwback Mini Cup will receive a medal!
This will be the only time you are ever able to earn these throwback clan medals for a clan you are not in.

- EVERY Throwback Mini War is eligible for DOUBLE RAFFLE TICKETS for your clan players for the Great 10 Year Clan Giveaway! Thats HALF the games and DOUBLE the rewards!

- Each Mini War clan will also be put into its own special drawing. Winners will get two tickets, other participants will get 1 ticket into the drawing. Prizes for the drawing will be determined at a future date.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: THROWBACK CLAN WARS ARE HERE

Postby benga on Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:32 pm

unless this brings thota back...
Sergeant benga

Postby hopalong on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 pm

in please, if FOED remembers i used to drink with them.

will you have time for a throwback CR@W as well?!?
:oops:
Major hopalong

Postby rockfist on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm

I would love to play against THOTA.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 pm

benga wrote:unless this brings thota back...

There are a ton of clans that would be fun to play against, I know I came late and never got to play O&H, THOTA, BSS, etc. But not only that, but you can have others like BotFM, EMP, AOC, IA all come back potentially. Theres a lot more to offer then just THOTA.

hopalong wrote:back CR@W as well?!? :oops:

This doesn't really require my time, its more dave & groovy for priv's and what not. CR@W is planned to start again, I'm working on training groovy as well so that its not just me. Its been a bit of a hiatus because I had RL issues to work through, June / July in general is just my busiest month of the year, and the Platoon Report. Now that the PR is completed, I'm hoping to squeeze in some time to finish training groovy. Any other time of year would be easy for me and her, but at this point it is just my time constraints. I work 12 hours 5-6 days a week, plus the other CD stuff, etc. I can do a lot from work thankfully, but CR@W just isn't possible from my work place so that HAS to be done while I'm at home. Which is why I'm bringing groovy on board to make it so that when I get busy, we can still advance. I just got to finish the training with her. So.....soon!

rockfist wrote:I would love to play against THOTA.

I think a lot of people would, time to contact everyones friends and see if they are willing and able to walk down memory lane together :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:13 am

Ooh how very interesting. I wish the old empire crew were around. Would love to throw down with the other top clans at the time
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:44 am

interesting!
Captain Pirlo

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:46 am

I'm willing to represent KoRT, Otpisani and LHDD.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:10 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm willing to represent KoRT, Otpisani and LHDD.

Yet you can only represent ATN :lol:

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:14 am

IcePack wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm willing to represent KoRT, Otpisani and LHDD.

Yet you can only represent ATN :lol:

That doesn't change anything.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Arama86n on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 am

Nice idea.
I think people expect too much though:
The reason many clans no longer exist is because a large part of their membership are no longer on the site, like THOTA for example.
Sure I'm sure you could round up 10 old Horsemen, but.. enough to make it interesting?
Will the heavy names of the past come back for some games if their clan-mates ask them too? Unlikely.

Maybe I'm mistaken though, maybe their are clans where most people havn't left, where people have simply moved on and can be rounded up to play together on the side?

Anyway, I don't mean to be negative, nice idea! :) It just strikes me that people might expect a little too much.

As for myself, I have only played for BoFM & TOFU.
@ Atlantis lads: If you guys are interested. let's hoist the colours and sink some ships?
I see Crash, Morley, Teflon, Kev are still around (As well as Gallant & Bogan ofc)
Would be great fun to get Draq, anon & Genoke to make an appearance :twisted:

Uncle Bogan, think you can put down the bottle long enough to hoist the colours, and sink some unsuspecting fools in a Quads-driven broadside that brings back echoes of past glory days? ;)
God knows the Pirate flag probably doesn't quite get the respect it deserves these days. Few remember just how deadly you and GP used to be when you were in the mood :D
I remember.
CoF is undoubtedly the greatest player I have ever teamed with, but few others have impressed me as quite as much as GP & BG in days of yore.

ah, I do love a stroll down memory lane :D

I'm proud of my time with the Pirates. We lost only to the best.

The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid VS

Jun 2011The Odd Fellows Union - Loss
May 2011 Memento Mori - ---------WIN
Mar 2011 Black Sheep Squadron - WIN
Feb 2011 vs TIME ------------------ WIN
Oct 2010 The Imperial Dragoons - WIN
Aug 2010 Legends of the Zone -- WIN
Jul 2010 The Last Warriors ------- WIN
May 2010 A Fistful of Sixes ------ WIN
May 2010 Grim Reapers --------- WIN
Apr 2010 The Odd Fellows Union - Loss
Mar 2010 Eternal Empire ---------- WIN
Jan 2010 Knights of the Round Table - Loss
Major Arama86n

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:48 am

I think some might be expecting a lot, our expectations were to celebrate 10 years of clans. Give another chance to maybe fight officially under an old banner, go down memory lane, get some old rivalries going etc.

Nobody is expecting 12 top notch THOTA to magically come back and kick TOFU's ass, but maybe a bunch of old clans guys who are still around but split apart at some point want to have some kicks and fun again?

Maybe a handful of people get brought back. While the minimum is 6 people max is 12, the people participating only need 3 games. So if someone returns and just wants a light fun experience they could do so and the ones "still around full time" could carry the game load.

It really is what people make of it. If you expect only the top players to go head to head like serious cup wars you will probably be disappointed. You will likely get out of this what you put into it.

Maybe some clans wanna get together and put a super team together. You know, lower clans often have top players leave at some point. Some of them might put together a "what could have been thing" for fun with all the solid players that moved on.

That's the type of thing we are hoping for, some fun, exciting new battles while maybe hanging out with old buds or getting a bit nostalgic. I think it could be fun. Maybe t turns into a flop, idk. I thought it was a nice way to celebrate clans history, enjoy old memories while making new ones. And possibly earning the last medal you'll ever get under (fill in the blank of awesome old clan here)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 am

As far as I know, the following ATN members could represent:

• 2007spaceodyssey - Devils Brigade
  • archieball - Gladiators of Noxious
  • chuck D - Bulletproof Bandits
  • demonfork - Immortal Assassins
  • King_Herpes - Immortal Assassins
  • Tazzy_J - Imperial Britain
  • TheTrueNorth - Phoenix, Dynasty
I struggled to remember some of them but I think DB and DYN are the correct names. TTN may have been in another clan before Dynasty but I think I've got all the above correct.

People who are now other clans and formerly in ATN:

• timogl - FOED
  • bcutler - AFoS
  • stevk - AFoS
  • lawz21 - MD
  • WOLFZ71 - GoN
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:08 am

Within FALL these clans could potentially be represented:

FALL
KOA
TNC
LEG
EE
IA
MM
1RFG
O&H
OSA
WG
EMP
ACE
RET
HH
BSS
KOF
UNT

I think I got them all....

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 am

Who was in LoW and S&M? Don't you mean KoRT?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:16 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Who was in LoW and S&M? Don't you mean KoRT?

That was a mistake, removed those and added KOF (knights of the future) and UNT (the untouchables)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rockfist on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 am

IcePack wrote:Nobody is expecting 12 top notch THOTA to magically come back and get their ass handed to them by TOFU, but maybe a bunch of old clans guys who are still around but split apart at some point want to have some kicks and fun again?

I fixed it for you.

Maybe someone can get CoF to come back for a cameo. I never played with him.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am

rockfist wrote:
IcePack wrote:Nobody is expecting 12 top notch THOTA to magically come back and get their ass handed to them by TOFU, but maybe a bunch of old clans guys who are still around but split apart at some point want to have some kicks and fun again?

I fixed it for you.

Or the entire old school TOFU squad that split from LoW. They, with the LoW core at the time, were probably the best squad around to compete with THOTA.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Gold Knight on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:09 am

Need to get jpcloet and his lazy ass back around here to get an LOD/AOD squad together...
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:28 am

rockfist wrote:

I fixed it for you.

He was nothing special in terms of strategy, just had artificially increased fame because he has been vocal in forums.

I have 26-9 head to head score versus him, that is the root cause why he disliked me ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:59 am

What was the head to head record if you count all the games you both played on other people's accounts?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:What was the head to head record if you count all the games you both played on other people's accounts?

Maybe you could actually play in this throwback tournament if you were active in a clan with your old CC account before you registered as iAmCaffeine? Didn't think about that? ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby hopalong on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:29 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:What was the head to head record if you count all the games you both played on other people's accounts?

looks like the desired 'memory lane' effect is working!
Major hopalong

Postby hopalong on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:31 pm

josko.ri wrote:
rockfist wrote:Maybe someone can get CoF to come back for a cameo. I never played with him.

He was nothing special in terms of strategy, just had artificially increased fame because he has been vocal in forums.

I have 26-9 head to head score versus him, that is the root cause why he disliked me ;)

do you have "CoF' set in your GoogleAlerts? It was less than an hour that message appeared, and you were already responding to it.
Major hopalong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:06 pm

josko.ri wrote:

Maybe you could actually play in this throwback tournament if you were active in a clan with your old CC account before you registered as iAmCaffeine? Didn't think about that? ;)

Yeah I almost logged into my old Blitzaholic account but decided it's best to remain incognito.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Next

Return to Clan Archives