Conquer Club

USA Supertournament [COMPLETED] WINNER overlander

For finished TPA, Championship and other great tournaments of the past

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: USA Supertournament

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Connecticut can be Conquer 4 because it's based on CONNECT(icut) 4.
Georgia can be the Middle East because that map also has a Georgia.
Maryland can be England since it's named after an English Queen.
Mississippi can be Africa or Africa II because it's the state with highest black population.
North Carolina can be U.S.A. 2.1 because those planes flying all over started at Kitty Hawk.
South Dakota can be 4 Star Meats as mentioned above.
Vermont can be Canada because it's also big into maple syrup.
West Virginia can be King of the Mountain because of that John Denver song.

Too bad about the San Francisco map. It's a completely U.S.-located map that seems redundant for state representation.
Last edited by Thorthoth on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Connecticut can be Conquer 4 because it's based on CONNECT(icut) 4.
Georgia can be the Middle East because that map also have a Georgia.
Maryland can be France or England since it's named after a French English Queen.
Mississippi can be Africa or Africa II because it's the state with highest black population.
North Carolina can be U.S.A. 2.1 because those planes flying all over started at Kitty Hawk.

Too bad about the San Francisco map. It's a completely U.S.-located map that seems redundant for state representation.

Good suggestions! There will be contests to fill the TBA terts. Make sure you enter them all!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Connecticut can be Conquer 4 because it's based on CONNECT(icut) 4.

Good suggestions! There will be contests to fill the TBA terts. Make sure you enter them all!

OH! now you tell me! after I list all the best ideas. These ideas are ALL MINE!!! (except for the '4-Star Meats' one, I guess).
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Mad777 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:46 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

OH! now you tell me! after I list all the best ideas. These ideas are ALL MINE!!! (except for the '4-Star Meats' one, I guess).

Next time make sure you read the OP until the end...you must have missed this part:

This are shown below as (map TBA), and in the coming weeks we will have forum polls to fill those vacancies.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby ooge on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:33 pm

another fog tourney..so disappointing
Captain ooge

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 am

ooge wrote:another fog tourney..so disappointing

I don't see why you're complaining.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby ooge on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:26 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:

does every tourney have to be fog? is this tourney highlighting the fog setting or the USA maps? if this is highlighting USA maps then half fog half not otherwise call it a fog tourney.This bias toward making every tourney fog is not fair to those who do very well in non fog games.That for some reason fog players think is all luck...1st rnd my opponent waited all of 20 mins to take his first turn in this tourney. other tourney playing all the maps they want to do this yearly something like eight games a rnd. all fog games.total B.S.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm

ooge wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

does every tourney have to be fog? is this tourney highlighting the fog setting or the USA maps? if this is highlighting USA maps then half fog half not otherwise call it a fog tourney.This bias toward making every tourney fog is not fair to those who do very well in non fog games.That for some reason fog players think is all luck...1st rnd my opponent waited all of 20 mins to take his first turn in this tourney. other tourney playing all the maps they want to do this yearly something like eight games a rnd. all fog games.total B.S.

Yeah, it is slightly more than half fog.

Round 1 is fog. (3 games)
Round 2 is sunny (3 games)
Round 3 is foggy (3 games)
Round 4 is sunny (3 games)
Round 5 fog again (3 games)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

Okay, 12 foggy games and 9 sunny games, so it is a little more than half fog, but not much more.

While we're on the subject, I guess I should tell you that I've heard a suggestion to make round 4 randomly foggy, which I am strongly considering. However, if I do that, I will balance it by reducing Round 3 to randomly foggy, so the overall balance would remain the same. It would then become:
Round 1 fog. (3 games)
Round 2 sun (3 games)
Round 3 randomly fog/sun (1.5 games of each on average)
Round 4 randomly fog/sun (1.5 games of each on average)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

However, just as I type this, I'm thinking of a further refinement. Round 5 could also be randomly foggy, so it could become:
Round 1 fog. (3 games)
Round 2 sun (3 games)
Round 5 randomly fog/sun (1.5 games of each on average)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

That would make it an average of 10.5 foggy games and 10.5 sunny games per tournament. Would there be general support for that?
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ooge wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

Yeah, it is slightly more than half fog.

Round 1 is fog. (3 games)
Round 2 is sunny (3 games)
Round 3 is foggy (3 games)
Round 4 is sunny (3 games)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

Okay, 12 foggy games and 9 sunny games, so it is a little more than half fog, but not much more.

While we're on the subject, I guess I should tell you that I've heard a suggestion to make round 4 randomly foggy, which I am strongly considering. However, if I do that, I will balance it by reducing Round 3 to randomly foggy, so the overall balance would remain the same. It would then become:
Round 1 fog. (3 games)
Round 2 sun (3 games)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

However, just as I type this, I'm thinking of a further refinement. Round 5 could also be randomly foggy, so it could become:
Round 1 fog. (3 games)
Round 2 sun (3 games)
Round 5 randomly fog/sun (1.5 games of each on average)
Round 6 fog (3 games)
Round 7 sunny (3 games)

That would make it an average of 10.5 foggy games and 10.5 sunny games per tournament. Would there be general support for that?

support from me.I must not have read the details and saw that there were some sunny games in this.50/50 or something close to it seems fair enough.The whole fog thing is obviously a pet peeve of mine.So I over reacted.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 pm

All cool on the Western Front.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 am

It would be nice to add tournament achievement medal for winner of each tournament, otherwise we are just competing for some small amount of coins and this supertournament coins.

Madness in Rio has all tournaments awarded with tournament achievement medal.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:41 am

josko.ri wrote:It would be nice to add tournament achievement medal for winner of each tournament, otherwise we are just competing for some small amount of coins and this supertournament coins.

100 free credits per tourney is nothing to sneeze at, plus there will be grand prizes. Still, a 24-p tournament should have a medal, I agree. Added starting with week 2.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:46 am

Dukasaur wrote:
josko.ri wrote:It would be nice to add tournament achievement medal for winner of each tournament, otherwise we are just competing for some small amount of coins and this supertournament coins.

100 free credits per tourney is nothing to sneeze at, plus there will be grand prizes. Still, a 24-p tournament should have a medal, I agree. Added starting with week 2.

Are you gonna manually add medal for week 1 tournament? I know it can be add while the auto tournament is running but not sure the system will capture it since it started...worth to try...easy to add
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:52 am

I could not find which are awards for the total supertournament winners, 2nd placed etc?
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:31 am

josko.ri wrote:I could not find which are awards for the total supertournament winners, 2nd placed etc?

Still haven't finalized that. Been busy with a lot of things.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jytreberg on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am

When is the refresh to the next state?
Private jytreberg

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

jytreberg wrote:When is the refresh to the next state?

Once a week.

July 4th was a Tuesday so unless something changes they will always be on Tuesday.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ooge on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

this may have been already said.with a new map each week if a player tries to join every tourney we are talking about a large total of games.does it make any sense to have it be a new map every other week so some of the tourneys finish before the player starts a new one.or is a player not really suppose to join a new map every week.
Captain ooge

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Personally I expect a tournament to last at least 6 to 8 weeks if not more...that said if a player want to join one of each he/she will have 8 tournament up after 2 months (somehow 24 games ongoing), this number may go up depending how those started tournaments goes...but I can easily see somewhere like 40-50 games after 3-4 months :D

Tough but not impossible...the other end is if you lose at round 1 most of the time then your game load would be much less :lol:
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Mad777 wrote:Personally I expect a tournament to last at least 6 to 8 weeks if not more...that said if a player want to join one of each he/she will have 8 tournament up after 2 months (somehow 24 games ongoing), this number may go up depending how those started tournaments goes...but I can easily see somewhere like 40-50 games after 3-4 months :D

Tough but not impossible...the other end is if you lose at round 1 most of the time then your game load would be much less :lol:

There are no eliminations, everyone plays in every round ;)
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Personally I expect a tournament to last at least 6 to 8 weeks if not more...that said if a player want to join one of each he/she will have 8 tournament up after 2 months (somehow 24 games ongoing), this number may go up depending how those started tournaments goes...but I can easily see somewhere like 40-50 games after 3-4 months :D

There are no eliminations, everyone plays in every round ;)

True, my bad, so this would only change the last part of my post (which engage only my sole opinion and may not reflect the reality... :D )
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:14 pm

ooge wrote:this may have been already said.with a new map each week if a player tries to join every tourney we are talking about a large total of games.does it make any sense to have it be a new map every other week so some of the tourneys finish before the player starts a new one.or is a player not really suppose to join a new map every week.

It's entirely up to you. I figure that if you join every tournament it will probably add about 30 to your game load after a few months. For some people, another 30 games here or there is no big deal, but for other people, that's a lot. So it's really a personal decision if you want to join every week. I don't think I will, but I'm sure some people will.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ooge wrote:this may have been already said.with a new map each week if a player tries to join every tourney we are talking about a large total of games.does it make any sense to have it be a new map every other week so some of the tourneys finish before the player starts a new one.or is a player not really suppose to join a new map every week.

It's entirely up to you. I figure that if you join every tournament it will probably add about 30 to your game load after a few months. For some people, another 30 games here or there is no big deal, but for other people, that's a lot. So it's really a personal decision if you want to join every week. I don't think I will, but I'm sure some people will.

Helpful Hint: If you ever want to get out of your tournaments without dead-beating, just let your Premium membership laps into Freemium. Once 'silver', CC will automatically remove you from the next round of games. It's perfectly legal, in fact, the CC administration currently insists upon the point.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Helpful Hint: If you ever want to get out of your tournaments without dead-beating, just let your Premium membership laps into Freemium. Once 'silver', CC will automatically remove you from the next round of games. It's perfectly legal, in fact, the CC administration currently insists upon the point.

No, that's the way it works in the real world. If you don't renew your driver's license, the cops aren't going to say, "oh that's okay, just finish the road trip you're on and then go renew." They'll pull you off the road right there on the spot.

CC, however, is not the real world. Even if it's a premium-only tournament, you stay in it after your membership expires. Of course, if you didn't reserve enough game slots you won't be issued any games so you'll end up with a poor score.
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

No, that's the way it works in the real world. If you don't renew your driver's license, the cops aren't going to say, "oh that's okay, just finish the road trip you're on and then go renew." They'll pull you off the road right there on the spot.

CC, however, is not the real world. Even if it's a premium-only tournament, you stay in it after your membership expires. Of course, if you didn't reserve enough game slots you won't be issued any games.

Exactly, that's what I said.
But yes, Duk does bring up a rarely-occurring technicality whereby if you had no other active games and the new tournament round itself has four games or less you would still be kept in.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

PreviousNext

Return to Super Events/Special Tournaments