Conquer Club

CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Olympics

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:06 am

Keefie wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
IcePack wrote:Any info on prizes, medals, stars, anything?

It will be advertize soon, pretty much the same as last year ;)

Are we talking about the GIANT tournament that probably wont end until sometime in 2019 at the earliest ?????

No, tribe olympics finished long ago. I think you're thinking of his side Tournament madness in rio or something

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:13 am

IcePack wrote:
Keefie wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Are we talking about the GIANT tournament that probably wont end until sometime in 2019 at the earliest ?????

No, tribe olympics finished long ago. I think you're thinking of his side Tournament madness in rio or something

Phew :lol:
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:32 am

Keefie wrote:
IcePack wrote:
Keefie wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Phew :lol:

:lol: ...I promise it won't last until 2019 (Madness in Rio), I hope for before Christmas.....this year :!:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 am

So, we can compete as one of four tribes?
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:16 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:So, we can compete as one of four tribes?

There is Primitive Tribes (you can join any of those 4), and also there is Advanced Tribes (7) formed by player as a group.
You can form your own Advanced Tribe as long as you have a minimum of 10 members and any further player who want to join your Tribe have to apply to the leader of it (kind of same as Clan structure).

You can compete as an individual as well not being part of any Tribe.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:29 pm

Have the scoring / ranking issues that were raised during/after last years tourney been fixed ?

For instance this one:

just to highlight a problem in Mini Flonkerton.
3 rounds, no elimination. So why in 3rd round scores reset? 1st and 2nd round are just training?

There is a tournament already round 3 : https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=4554
Last edited by Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:31 pm

I should have said something last time in order to get ti fixed (maybe not too late?)

Why are participation ribbons and Bronze Medals worth the same amount of points in the scoring system? Might as well do away with Bronze Medals if they are meaningless.
Private TX AG 90

Postby TX AG 90 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:I should have said something last time in order to get ti fixed (maybe not too late?)

Why are participation ribbons and Bronze Medals worth the same amount of points in the scoring system? Might as well do away with Bronze Medals if they are meaningless.

Never mind. I think I figured it out. If you earn a Bronze Medal, you get the Medal AND a participation ribbon, earning 2 points instead of just 1.

Was it the same way last time?
Private TX AG 90

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 pm

Keefie wrote:Have the scoring / ranking issues that were raised during/after last years tourney been fixed ?

For instance this one:

3 rounds, no elimination. So why in 3rd round scores reset? 1st and 2nd round are just training?

There is a tournament already round 3 : https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... nt_id=4554

Stand by....will let you know
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:14 pm

TX AG 90 wrote:
TX AG 90 wrote:I should have said something last time in order to get ti fixed (maybe not too late?)

Never mind. I think I figured it out. If you earn a Bronze Medal, you get the Medal AND a participation ribbon, earning 2 points instead of just 1.

Was it the same way last time?

Yes ribbon are many time given for each entrant player, then you will need to climb the tournament ladder to earn the medal, I'm not aware of any change from last year.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm

This iteration of the Opening Ceremonies has been full for about an hour now and still hasn't started.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:This iteration of the Opening Ceremonies has been full for about an hour now and still hasn't started.

Remember, nothing goes "quick" in terms of CC... :lol:

Check again, I went have a look and it started, in the mean time the next one has opened for sign'in ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Keefie wrote:Have the scoring / ranking issues that were raised during/after last years tourney been fixed ?

For instance this one:

Stand by....will let you know

Fixed, Round 3 had effectively a reset based from last year issue, it has been remove for this year edition and for this above tournament you mentioned.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Keefie on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks Mate.

I've just gone through the 2016 thread and here are a couple of the other queries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a special reason why you can only win silver and bronze in Oxen Jousting ?

And not gold, silver and bronze like in the other tournaments with 16 players ?

I am also interested in this question.

I can see the format is copied from last year when the tournament was speed and consisted of 8 players.
However, this year the tournament is not speed and consists of 16 players, so awards should be given proportionally like in the other tournaments with 16 players, with gold for first place, silver for second and then bronze for 3,4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another reset issue with Human Catapulting. Looks like there's a score reset in Round 2 that shouldn't be there.

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=4492

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 pm

It's a nonsense to win a tournament and all you get is a silver medal as if you came second.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Enter Smith on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Can I still get in?
"Unless"
Welcome to the Dark Ride
Cook Enter Smith

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:24 pm

Pirlo wrote:It's a nonsense to win a tournament and all you get is a silver medal as if you came second.

I guess it should be seen more about how much game that tournament has to win win it...some are bigger than other....since each medal worth point then it is not fair for a player to earn the same "point" amount but one played much less than the other, is this make sense now?
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Enter Smith wrote:Can I still get in?

Check the banner from your Central command, this is where you will found a tournament link to join.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Keefie wrote:Thanks Mate.

I've just gone through the 2016 thread and here are a couple of the other queries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a special reason why you can only win silver and bronze in Oxen Jousting ?

And not gold, silver and bronze like in the other tournaments with 16 players ?

I am also interested in this question.

I can see the format is copied from last year when the tournament was speed and consisted of 8 players.
However, this year the tournament is not speed and consists of 16 players, so awards should be given proportionally like in the other tournaments with 16 players, with gold for first place, silver for second and then bronze for 3,4.

Here's another reset issue with Human Catapulting. Looks like there's a score reset in Round 2 that shouldn't be there.

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=4492

Oxen Jousting medal reward adjusted.

Human Catapulting score reset issue resolved.

Thanks Keefie for checking this!!! 8-)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Mad777 wrote:
Pirlo wrote:It's a nonsense to win a tournament and all you get is a silver medal as if you came second.

I guess it should be seen more about how much game that tournament has to win win it...some are bigger than other....since each medal worth point then it is not fair for a player to earn the same "point" amount but one played much less than the other, is this make sense now?

Well, the tourney with less number of games is open for all. It is not like it's limited to certain people. It also meets the criteria of winning at least 3 games.. unless this has been updated while I was away

I mean to say it the Olympics, there are 100 meter races and 10.000 meter races, and both winners get the same gold medals.
Captain Pirlo

Postby josko.ri on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Last year issue was that organizers did not know before tournament started that in "Tribal" events players cannot get eliminated through rounds so the same number of player that started the tournament must finish it. Is this known issue this year?
Major josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 am

For how long is one tournament ongoing?
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:20 am

josko.ri wrote:For how long is one tournament ongoing?

I think 24 hours, but it might be 12.

I would be careful to join in the first 12, just in case. I'll get you a more definitive answer by tomorrow.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Pirlo on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:22 am

Dukasaur wrote:
josko.ri wrote:For how long is one tournament ongoing?

I think 24 hours, but it might be 12.

I would be careful to join in the first 12, just in case. I'll get you a more definitive answer by tomorrow.

Would be great if the speed ones remain up or 24 hours.
Captain Pirlo

Postby dkmaster on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 am

Last two years all tournament were up for 24 hours. 12 is to few if people also have a rl with sleep and work :)
Colonel dkmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives