Conquer Club

CC Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Olympics

Postby josko.ri on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am

For about 2 hours, no new tournaments have been started.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 pm

josko.ri wrote:For about 2 hours, no new tournaments have been started.

Yes I noticed that, I sent a PM
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:18 pm

The thing I don't like about the cc Olympics is way too many games for the enthusiast; when i join too many tournaments the game load makes it hard to keep up in RL and tempts me to quit cc cold when i feel too burned out in real life .....

I'd be a lot happier if first round(s) had no more than 3 games and rare for a round to have > 5 ... maybe more opportunity for luck , but i mention this in case there is a sense that I'm not along , and maybe some of those who leave this great organization do so because they have a hard time restraining themselves from over-=joining; its easier to skip small auto-tournaments that it is to take part in mega-tournaments but not over-participate in hopes of being among the leaders

I know I'm responsible for my own behavior but organizers can choose to help me help myself :D
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:44 pm

5761 CC Olympics - Closing Ceremonies 2017-08-30 12:00 Fm

Except it has 5 games at a time. System allowed me to join it (and then I unjoined) but wouldn't it be a better idea to have a freemium-friendly tournament that won't force them to drop games?
Unless of course the game number limit can be bypassed for this tournaments like these fremium-friendly ones that allowed you to play speed or poly.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Mad777 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:49 pm

ZaBeast wrote:5761 CC Olympics - Closing Ceremonies 2017-08-30 12:00 Fm

Except it has 5 games at a time. System allowed me to join it (and then I unjoined) but wouldn't it be a better idea to have a freemium-friendly tournament that won't force them to drop games?
Unless of course the game number limit can be bypassed for this tournaments like these fremium-friendly ones that allowed you to play speed or poly.

About 20% of the tournaments were open to Freemium, I think that was really fair ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:53 pm

ZaBeast wrote:Unless of course the game number limit can be bypassed for this tournaments like these fremium-friendly ones that allowed you to play speed or poly.

this.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:50 pm

All Olympic tournaments have now successfully filled and launched. Nothing to do now but wait for the results...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
dkmaster wrote:two speed games running at the same time is sure to much :shock:

I've seen people playing five or more speed games at once.

I seem to recall a freestyle assassin (or something like that) tournament for the Olympics last time that was speed and resulted in 4 or 5 games simultaneously.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby dkmaster on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:35 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I seem to recall a freestyle assassin (or something like that) tournament for the Olympics last time that was speed and resulted in 4 or 5 games simultaneously.

We got that again. Assdoodling :D

It is not speed though, only freestyle and assassin
Colonel dkmaster

Postby Mad777 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:31 pm

dkmaster wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

We got that again. Assdoodling :D

It is not speed though, only freestyle and assassin

Yeah that one.... :lol: ....crazy battle for sure....
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 am

This has happened just now.. in a 7-payer hive game with 20 rounds limit, he begged for peace, and in the last round and without prior notice, he decided the truce is off because the game was about to end. he could not win the game, but he decided to ruin it for certain people in the favor of other certain people for that nonsense reason he mentioned in the game chat as an excuse to break the truce he implicitly asked for.

So if Josko and I were in a similar game, we are allowed have a secret diplomacy instead of competing fairly? and of course, according to this logic. It's more like a Chinese swimmer intentionally attacking and stopping an Italian swimmer to make sure Italy doesn't get a medal and secure a better place for China.

I know it's probably not illegal in CC to do this, but it's still ridiculous.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Mad777 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:42 am

Pirlo wrote:Image

This has happened just now.. in a 7-payer hive game with 20 rounds limit, he begged for peace, and in the last round and without prior notice, he decided the truce is off because the game was about to end. he could not win the game, but he decided to ruin it for certain people in the favor of other certain people for that nonsense reason he mentioned in the game chat as an excuse to break the truce he implicitly asked for.

So if Josko and I were in a similar game, we are allowed have a secret diplomacy instead of competing fairly? and of course, according to this logic. It's more like a Chinese swimmer intentionally attacking and stopping an Italian swimmer to make sure Italy doesn't get a medal and secure a better place for China.

You know what....suck it up...you have no right to say anything since you did the exact same thing against me in this Game 17656498, I comment my unhappiness in the chat after the round you did kill my stack and this would not have giving you any advantage to win but you decided who will get the most troops by this action, you did it again the round after.....so as far I'm concern your whining post is not gonna make me feeling bad, you just deserve it...perhaps next time you will act more fairly in games you have no chance to win and let the high troops players fight to each other without you making unnecessary decision...bye felicia!
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 am

You are correct, it's not against the rules on CC. If you are playing your overall position in the tournament it's ok. No rules against breaking truces on CC either

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Pirlo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:41 am

Mad777 wrote:

You know what....suck it up...you have no right to say anything since you did the exact same thing against me in this Game 17656498, I comment my unhappiness in the chat after the round you did kill my stack and this would not have giving you any advantage to win but you decided who will get the most troops by this action, you did it again the round after.....so as far I'm concern your whining post is not gonna make me feeling bad, you just deserve it...perhaps next time you will act more fairly in games you have no chance to win and let the high troops players fight to each other without you making unnecessary decision...bye felicia!

ِAgain, chill out bro, and get a life. I was not whining. I brought this to the community's attention because people will keep doing it intentionally in more games. I just doesn't feel cool.

As for my attack against you, it was just a normal attempt to expand in a trench game. you are taking it personal and also taking it too far by attacking my stacks in all our escalating multiplayer games (Ancient Greeks). I can provide screen shots that prove you have intentionally attacked my stacks for no reason but out of your madness over one hive game. Our hive games are freestyle multiplayer in which you don't have the usually comfortable time frame we are used to have, not to mention the fact that this event has overloaded the game count and kinda drove us mental and limited our ability to concentrate.

Watch your language and attitude. I don't think it's acceptable, especially for a moderator.
Captain Pirlo

Postby Mad777 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Pirlo wrote:ِAgain, chill out bro, and get a life. I was not whining. I brought this to the community's attention because people will keep doing it intentionally in more games. I just doesn't feel cool.

At least this make you feeling what you have made to others...hopefully lesson learn for you, I feel you would be more attentive with 8000+ games under your belt but I guess I was wrong, and not worry for my life, I have a good life and it can't be better like it is now, other than wining the jackpot in a lottery 8-) .

As for my attack against you, it was just a normal attempt to expand in a trench game. you are taking it personal and also taking it too far by attacking my stacks in all our escalating multiplayer games (Ancient Greeks). I can provide screen shots that prove you have intentionally attacked my stacks for no reason but out of your madness over one hive game. Our hive games are freestyle multiplayer in which you don't have the usually comfortable time frame we are used to have, not to mention the fact that this event has overloaded the game count and kinda drove us mental and limited our ability to concentrate.

normal attempt to what? 2 rounds before game ends and breaking bonuses that will not add you more than 1 perhaps 2 troops per round which would not have benefit you in any case for the next 2 rounds and be the highest troops, but in my case I went from almost 60+ deployement to 30+ because you broke several of my bonuses, I wanted to add that I kept my troops at the border and didn't went further into your bonuses to not waste my count...since it would not have been benefitial for me...

EDIT: I forgot to mention I was the troop leader before your unecessary attacks.

As far our other games (Ancient Greek) yes I'm attacking your stack to position myself, sorry you are in my path and I don't think I'm breaking any rule here, I've failed in some and I've gained better position in others.

If you feel being into too much games and feel that your ability to play is reduced because your brain is overloaded then don't join that much next time, I personaly joined ALL Olympic tournament (except the speed type) and so far I've not make such a mistake because I plan my turn accordingly, I meant that I haven't suicide myself to others because of no reason...just staying where I'm and drop and end.

Watch your language and attitude. I don't think it's acceptable, especially for a moderator.

Not sure what offended you in my language when I used the words "you are an idiot", "retarded my friend", "play like a dick", those words are pretty universal...you are also unlucky since I had to deal with another "idiot" player in another Hive game who did the exact same thing and was like you not in a position to win 2 rounds before the limit.
About the fact I'm a Moderator doesn't prevent me to use common language and again I don't see where I break any rule with the above and my chat comment...At least this story will have me learning something, playing against you or Generalissimo will take me thinking differently in the future (I'm saying that because I don't use the foe tool and don't plan to).

Have a nice day Sir
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 am

Mad777 wrote:At least this make you feeling what you have made to others

That would be true if the point of my post was about being attacked or even for a truce break. This thing happens regularly and it would not make sense to complain about it.

Let me remind you; I posted that issue because of the reason for attack. The event organizer my want to consider it in future. It has nothing to do with our business (yours and mine). It reminds me of the abuse of clan nuclear games when people started taking turns and making attacks, and they intentionally running out of time to avoid getting a card and having to nuke themselves. It was subsequently addressed and it's not banned; that's it. So let's not keep wasting our time over this.

Mad777 wrote:I went from almost 60+ deployement to 30+ because you broke several of my bonuses, I wanted to add that I kept my troops at the border and didn't went further into your bonuses to not waste my count...since it would not have been benefitial for me...

Oh sorry for causing you a loss in a CC silly game that would have no effect on anyone's life! Unless CC is a top priority for that one's life, of course.

Mad777 wrote:As far our other games (Ancient Greek) yes I'm attacking your stack to position myself, sorry you are in my path and I don't think I'm breaking any rule here, I've failed in some and I've gained better position in others.

Oops, I thought people position themselves in the beginning of the games, at least for that type of multiplayer escalating games, not when stacks are built and set is worth +15. Sorry bro, you are making yourself sound stupid and naive. [-( Don't worry though, you are not stupid, you would possibly be diagnosed self-centered who tends to think himself smarter than others and he can easily fool them; and also believes everything should be done in a way that serves his interest.

Of course I'm not judging you or saying you are not smart. You might be very smart, I don't know, but the problem is that you think other people are not. However, in case you are serious and honest about positioning yourself, I suggest you sing up in the society of cooks where they teach this type of games very well, at least until the time I was teaching there. Isn't it weird though that you figured out that my stacks (and only my stacks) stand in your way to position yourself just yesterday when the games are in around round 8? What a coincidence! 8-[

Mad777 wrote:If you feel being into too much games and feel that your ability to play is reduced because your brain is overloaded then don't join that much next time, I personaly joined ALL Olympic tournament (except the speed type) and so far I've not make such a mistake because I plan my turn accordingly, I meant that I haven't suicide myself to others because of no reason...just staying where I'm and drop and end.

I did like you, just joined all 24-hour tournaments of this event. I admit I should have avoided the multiplayer games (at least the non-escalating ones) because diplomacy is a headache. I don't play that type of games except for assassin and terminator medals, and I choose the maps very carefully (conquest maps such as AoR2 in which the game would usually be over before armies meet and clash.

My brain wasn't overloaded because the games are too many. It's true they are too many, but the overload was because of RL business. You sign up today when you have free time, and the tourney remains active for weeks and sometimes months and you get busier on some days. But again, I know I should have avoided that type of games.

Mad777 wrote:Not sure what offended you in my language when I used the words "you are an idiot", "retarded my friend", "play like a dick", those words are pretty universal...you are also unlucky since I had to deal with another "idiot" player in another Hive game who did the exact same thing and was like you not in a position to win 2 rounds before the limit.

I don't take offense even in RL, and of course I won't do online. It's about being nice for yourself not for me.

Mad777 wrote:At least this story will have me learning something, playing against you or Generalissimo will take me thinking differently in the future

Well, you didn't need a future to overreact. CC gods offered you an instant present to go insane and attack my stacks in our Ancient Greece games. I hope that helped loosening your pressure.

Mad777 wrote:(I'm saying that because I don't use the foe tool and don't plan to).

Is this supposed to be heroic? Congratulations!

Foe tool is useful, and I think using it is much better than showing too much rage. I use that foe function to get my assassin medal faster because it looks like the only way to achieve this when people are not very active as they used to be. Ironically, you are in my friends list :mrgreen:

The best thing about your post is that you finally seem to have chilled out!

Let's remember the point of the post. It was to bring the community's attention to a potential abuse where someone could attack you and intentionally cause you to lose a game to benefit his tribe-mates who are not in that game, but in the overall scoreboard.

Please, let's not keep wasting our time. If you are still taking it personal or you have a problem with me away from the meant topic of the post, let's solve it somewhere else. We are too mature to fight over a game.
Captain Pirlo

Postby josko.ri on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

New Leader is in the house ;)
Major josko.ri

Postby CaronylKluster on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:49 am

Would someone mind reviewing the scorecard. I have participated in several of the tournaments now and been eliminated, but I also just won a bronze medal in Tiddly Winks. On that basis I should have more than 1 point but I don't show up in the standings.

Could someone explain why I am not in the standings. I think by this time I should have 4-6 points?

Thanks,
CK
Colonel CaronylKluster

Location: SITTERS - The_Samurai, jdmcinty, swimmerdude99, arama86n, 4 U 2 NV

Postby Mad777 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:00 am

Bronze medal worth 1pt, if you ended receive the auto PM saying you finished in a such position wihtout earning anything such a ribbon then you won't get more point...point are giving based on item received, i've been eliminated in some tournament now and without earning anything.

The reason you don't show up in the scoreboard is because several player have 1pt and only the first 200th shows up.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby dkmaster on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:40 am

CaronylKluster wrote:Would someone mind reviewing the scorecard. I have participated in several of the tournaments now and been eliminated, but I also just won a bronze medal in Tiddly Winks. On that basis I should have more than 1 point but I don't show up in the standings.

Could someone explain why I am not in the standings. I think by this time I should have 4-6 points?

Thanks,
CK

Even though you are eliminated from a tournament with a ribbon, you wont get the ribbon before that tournament is fully over. So maybe you got some ribbon/points coming your way soon :)
Colonel dkmaster

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Just wondering, but how is the position determined for players with the same score? For instance, in the Glow-in-the-Dark archery tournament, a lot of people (at least in my bracket, but I'd expect in the other instances as well) had 1 point (the cut-off score) so some went through and some didn't.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Mad777 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:00 pm

ZaBeast wrote:Just wondering, but how is the position determined for players with the same score? For instance, in the Glow-in-the-Dark archery tournament, a lot of people (at least in my bracket, but I'd expect in the other instances as well) had 1 point (the cut-off score) so some went through and some didn't.

Hi bud, here is where you can found the answer for the Auto Tournament tie rules:

Rules

I'm copying the section below as well:

Scoring

By default scoring is based on number of Game Wins over the entire tournament. However, individual Rounds may Reset the scores, so that the scoring will begin again from that round. When the first round of the Tournament is seeded by score, the player's score at time of joining the tournament is used in that round only.

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:
Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole
The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (since the last point reset, or the start of the tournament if no point reset has occurred). Note: winning in less rounds is better.
The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)

Hope this help ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Mad777 wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:Just wondering, but how is the position determined for players with the same score? For instance, in the Glow-in-the-Dark archery tournament, a lot of people (at least in my bracket, but I'd expect in the other instances as well) had 1 point (the cut-off score) so some went through and some didn't.

Hi bud, here is where you can found the answer for the Auto Tournament tie rules:

Rules

Scoring

By default scoring is based on number of Game Wins over the entire tournament. However, individual Rounds may Reset the scores, so that the scoring will begin again from that round. When the first round of the Tournament is seeded by score, the player's score at time of joining the tournament is used in that round only.

The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (since the last point reset, or the start of the tournament if no point reset has occurred). Note: winning in less rounds is better.

Hope this help ;)

Are the same tie breaker rules applied when scoreboard is based on point per win, like round 1 every win is 4 points, round 2 every win is 5 points etc? If two or more players ends with the same number of point, is first tie breaker rule who scored more wins throughout the tournament?
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

Rules

Scoring

Hope this help ;)

Are the same tie breaker rules applied when scoreboard is based on point per win, like round 1 every win is 4 points, round 2 every win is 5 points etc? If two or more players ends with the same number of point, is first tie breaker rule who scored more wins throughout the tournament?

Yes.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=5913

There is mistake of scoring in Tribal tournaments. It award medals according to Tribal score instead of individual score. Therefore two Tribes which had 3 players in came to top while I am third placed although my score in the tournament is 12/12. This error will repeat in all Tribal tournaments if not fixed.
Major josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives