Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:44 pm

riskllama wrote:to me, vegetable lasagne is something akin to a pale, malnourished 20 something. best guess.
*shrugs*

Not that it's ANY of your business, llamo, but I'm actually quite good-looking, at least in my prime manifestation as Thunder Bringer.
I'll admit that the ibis head is more of an acquired taste, but I only rarely appear in that avatar*, at least in recent millennia.

*Avatar, in the original and true use of the term!
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby riskllama on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:37 pm

how many capes do you currently own, Tt?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 am

I'm 20-something though. I find it hard to believe he's as mature and dignified an individual as myself.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'm 20-something though. I find it hard to believe he's as mature and dignified an individual as myself.

:-^
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby armati on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:32 am

hope this is the right place.
I have about 500 stars and 50 items
How can i give them to someone?

if its possible maybe message me directly, not sure when/if I get back to this spot.

As for declining #s, maybe it has something to do with the dice algo?
Sergeant armati

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:29 pm

armati wrote:As for declining #s, maybe it has something to do with the dice algo?

Yes, that is probably it.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 am

armati wrote:hope this is the right place.
I have about 500 stars and 50 items
How can i give them to someone?

if its possible maybe message me directly, not sure when/if I get back to this spot.

As for declining #s, maybe it has something to do with the dice algo?

It's a random number generator damnit, has nothing to do with an algorithm.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:44 am

I always scoff at the whole vegetable lasagna thing.

Just don't tell anyone it's vegetable lasagna, you'll feel good, the carnivores will feel good, it's a win win.

I made a fake cheesecake one day, and about 60% approved, the other 40% shrugged it off as just "bad cheesecake", when I told them it had cauliflour in it, the numbers changed mysteriously to something like 25% approval and 75% disapproval, where magically 60% of the disapproval group could all of a sudden taste the cauliflour.

The cheesecake could be a metaphor for dice as well.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

To blame the Decline of CC on Dice, or any one factor mentioned in the comments that I have read here (in this thread), shows rather cursory thinking, IMO.

I think the reason is economic, and that does not mean the price of a one year membership.

JP4F
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 pm

CC/Risk is essentially non-cyborg.
Most young people today are at least transitional-phase cyborgs.
iow, Does Not Compute.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 am

That is a huge part of the issue, I agree, Tt.

JP4F

Thorthoth wrote:CC/Risk is essentially non-cyborg.
Most young people today are at least transitional-phase cyborgs.
iow, Does Not Compute.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:45 am

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:50 am

----I have an Idea...BUT CONQUER CLUB MEMBERS WOULD NEED PERMISSION FROM THE BIG GUY ...I SAY LETS CASH IN ON THE SUMMER FUN...SHOW UP AT ALL THESE RALLIES AROUND THE COUNTRY WITH CONQUER CLUB FLAGS... ...MAKE PEOPLE AWARE...WE ARE OUT THERE ON THE WEB...COME PLAY WITH US...Think about it BW... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D =D> Start Waving C.C. Flags world wide in public... =D> ...I'll Block ;) The Entrance of The Ambassador Bridge in Southwest Detroit...CONQUER CLUB!!!!CONQUER CLUB!!!!
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am

ConfederateSS wrote:----I have an Idea...BUT CONQUER CLUB MEMBERS WOULD NEED PERMISSION FROM THE BIG GUY ...I SAY LETS CASH IN ON THE SUMMER FUN...SHOW UP AT ALL THESE RALLIES AROUND THE COUNTRY WITH CONQUER CLUB FLAGS... ...MAKE PEOPLE AWARE...WE ARE OUT THERE ON THE WEB...COME PLAY WITH US...Think about it BW... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D =D> Start Waving C.C. Flags world wide in public... =D> ...I'll Block ;) The Entrance of The Ambassador Bridge in Southwest Detroit...CONQUER CLUB!!!!CONQUER CLUB!!!!

You don't need anybody's 'permission' CSS. Just DO IT.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:----I have an Idea...BUT CONQUER CLUB MEMBERS WOULD NEED PERMISSION FROM THE BIG GUY ...I SAY LETS CASH IN ON THE SUMMER FUN...SHOW UP AT ALL THESE RALLIES AROUND THE COUNTRY WITH CONQUER CLUB FLAGS... ...MAKE PEOPLE AWARE...WE ARE OUT THERE ON THE WEB...COME PLAY WITH US...Think about it BW... :D ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... :D =D> Start Waving C.C. Flags world wide in public... =D> ...I'll Block ;) The Entrance of The Ambassador Bridge in Southwest Detroit...CONQUER CLUB!!!!CONQUER CLUB!!!!

I'm guessing you're already there flying a flag of a bunch of racist traitors, how will you fly the CC flag too?
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:35 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:

I'm guessing you're already there flying a flag of a bunch of racist traitors, how will you fly the CC flag too?

-----Don't worry I would never fly THE TRUE FLAG OF HATE AND TRAITORS..."THE STARS AND STRIPES :!: "...Rebels to The British Empire...1st chance to free the slaves,failed...Ripped off half of Mexico,and committed mass genocide against the Native Americans...I have a hand free for a Conquer Club flag... :D O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ...I can even hold up a Canadian flag for people coming over from Windsor,Ont... 8-)
Lieutenant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby SimplyObsessed on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Logged in yesterday for the first time in ages, fully intending to get back into it and buy premium. But then I searched speed games and saw only 4 waiting, i'm sure there used to be pages of them when I used to play.

So then I decided no to premium, there just isn't the same buzz about the place.

Maybe they could give everyone a free trial period of premium to get it going again?
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Postby sdh on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:59 pm

SimplyObsessed wrote:Logged in yesterday for the first time in ages, fully intending to get back into it and buy premium. But then I searched speed games and saw only 4 waiting, i'm sure there used to be pages of them when I used to play.

So then I decided no to premium, there just isn't the same buzz about the place.

Maybe they could give everyone a free trial period of premium to get it going again?

I miss speed games :(
Colonel sdh

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:04 pm

There have been a few efforts to get speed going with minimal response.
I think if it was more regular and better advertised it could see a resurrection of sorts, but I don't know that everyone agrees w that.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby t-o-m on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:14 pm

People don't game in their desktop browsers anymore. People game on their phones.

CC needs an app. Most maps wouldn't be ideal for the smaller and portrait screens, but new ones can be made. Luxembourg would work quite well. I can imagine lots of people playing speed games on their iPad/phone.

Bottom line is, the market had changed but CC has failed to innovate.
Major t-o-m

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I agree, I wish the foundry was focused on creating a new set of maps that are smart phone size friendly so we can have a set of specific maps to use in a mobile experience

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby tzor on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:32 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:I always scoff at the whole vegetable lasagna thing.

I generally hate vegetable lasagna and it's not because of the vegetable or the vegetarian lack of meat.
it's the texture. It's just wrong.
I'll stick to my eggplant parmigiana.
Now that's good texture.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:46 am

But seriously, I think everyone knows I'm an OLD FART. (I'm pretty sure it says so on my profile age 56 ...) I'm used to promoting things from the good old 90's where I would go to gaming conventions with a very impressive kiosk and several gateway computers to promote an online multi player gaming system - in fact we couldn't trust they had good internet connection so we had to carry a small UNIX mainframe that could handle around 5 users at once without slowing down.

That's not possible here and I don't think we have the eye candy to compete in the modern game market that way.

On the other hand, I really think this is a question of how long we can tread water. Screen size is our biggest problem and as the phone moves back to tablet that problem goes away. Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Having people with tablets showing the game to their friends is the best way and if they have their tablets with them at all times this makes it easier.

I just had this happen with my Bluetooth earphones (the Nuhera noise cancelling ones) when someone was talking about how her husband isn't wearing ear protection because he's constantly on the phone. I related how these really cut down the noise (I've used them in loud stadiums and never only realized how loud everything was when I took them off) and I showed them to her. That's the best promotion of anything, showing your friend the product.
Cadet tzor

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:32 am

I don't think word of mouth is helping us in terms of advertisement. We could try advertising on Facebook like a lot of mobile apps do, have a target audience, that sort of thing.
Dukasaur wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion