Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1 - Deadline Set]

Postby Ragian on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

I'm sure you do, my dear.
Captain Ragian

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:05 pm

The only recent post I really like is DDS's.. now that is Irony.
DirtyDishSoap wrote:Truth be told, it never made sense to announce that you have information that could help or harm to begin with. It's basically saying "Hey! Kill me first or I'LL WRECK U!". I'm no fan of Thor or how he's been playing this, at all, but come on man, there was no reason for you to reveal or indicate anything, on Days 1.

Pika, you're still in the hot seat, as far as I'm concerned.
Nobody has given any explanation for why you would have secret information on Day 1.
This suggests one of two things...
1) Pika is scum/third party pretending to be some amazingly powerful townie in order to avoid getting lynched..
or
2) PIka is some exceptional Power-role townie that is not usually encountered... but in that case, why did he mention it in the first place and then later the same day say it was too dangerous to discuss.
Did he make a huge mistake? ...and if so, what else might he be wrong about?

Does Pika's 'secret' have at least some of the town hypnotized into believing that he is essential to the Town's victory and must be protected and obeyed at all cost?
If so, that indeed would be a master-stroke of scummery.

It's at least something for town to think about.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby madmitch on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:18 pm

thanks guys for letting me take time to grieve ,the funeral was today, I have been trying to read all the posts and hopefully I will be caught up shortly , thanks again
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Thorthoth wrote:more of the same
*yawn* You've been saying anything and everything to frame me as scum since I called you out for your No Lynch stance...

I didn't just come out and say I had information, I asked a question, people asked why I had asked that question and seemed unwilling to answer until I did so after three days of getting nowhere I explained why I had asked the question, indeed most of the responses I've gotten have only come since I said I had information reliant on its answer.

---

Thorthoth wrote:
dakky21 wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:
Skoffin wrote:My completely random, totally doesn't mean anything picks for the scum today are:
The only difference between Skoffin and everybody else is that Skoffin is being honest... though that may be accidental.

& I don't have time to worry about what colour his/her threads are. S/he should just tow the line and post black like everybody else.
How do you know Skoffin is honest? You two in pair or what?
That's it, dakky. Just knock it off. Pretending to find something in nothing is just scummy and stupid.

I honestly think you and DDS are both gunning for me for reasons that have nothing to do with the game. It's getting tiresome.
Thorthoth wrote:
dakky21 wrote:Thor... it's D1 so I don't see the purpose of talking about mechanics... I talked about mechanics in previous games but what that brings? Just more of not needed posts with nothing said, just posts to be posted. I mean giving scum a chance to post while saying nothing and in the same time not being inactive.

On the other hand, you did post your thoughts on people, which is encouraging... but your question about VT's looks to me as an attempt (I may be still influenced by Mass Effect mafia) to see who can you recruit and who you can not... (and I'm talking about mechanics, lol yeah.).. So my best guess is you're the 3rd party this game, either a cult leader or a jester or something else.
I asked all players to give me their thoughts on how Pika would have special information on Day 1, as he claims... and what that information might be.
Check out the reply I got from dakky. First he ignores the question, and redirects by saying it has no purpose. ...No purpose?!
Then he tries to punish me for asking, by pulling out a bs idea that I'm a third party cult/jester/whatever.

So is Dakky trying to protect PIka? Is Pika's secret information story just a stupid lie? Can anyone give a rational explanation for PIka having secret information on Day 1?

FOS @ dakky and Pika.

Irony much?
Private Pikanchion

Re: [OFFICIAL] The Hobbit Mafia [Day 1]

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

So if you link to your scummy old post first, then everyone will think you don't have anything to hide? I think your lying about having any useful information. I think that is just your cover-up excuse for asking a very scummy question about player roles. The fact that you asked a bizarre question about double roles was also meant to hide the fact that it was basically just an attempt to fish for information.

I know you will say I did the same thing, but I was making a rhetorical question about 'Vanilla Town being the implicit default (which it is)... but still, considering the amount of flack I've got, I do regret making the point... Maybe I should have just asked for everybody to make a false claim or a true claim depending on their mood. It would have still gotten the same response (none) but then everybody might have got the joke.

You just seem really fishy, Pika.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:06 pm

ZaBeast wrote:Given that I have been advocating for a MM lynch for some time now, and that I am the player you think the most likely to be scum (since you're voting for me), I find it weird that you would switch to MM "if needed". Let's pretend I am scum. Do you really think a scum 1st pick is likely to be scum? If I am scum, chances are MM isn't, because if she was, I would probably not be voting for her anymore (and I know I said I considered switching to you, but the point is, I didn't yet. And now that I can't back down, I won't). It looks like you're looking to get more reasons to lynch me later on if you can't now. Now, I don't claim to know whether MM is town, but let's say she is and Hotshot is scum (and therefore knows it). Wouldn't it make perfect sense to switch to MM if he can't get enough votes to lynch me so he gets more arguments against me later on?

I'm not a girl. Just because my avatar is female, does not mean I am a girl. Many a WoW player has fallen into this trap and I advise you do not do the same.

I may as well commit to a vote with the deadline a few days away, and nothing stands out more than Thor's mass claim suggestion. As silly as it is naive.

Vote Thor
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby Pikanchion on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

That's it, Thorthoth. Just knock it off. Pretending to find something in nothing is just scummy and stupid. Image
Private Pikanchion

Postby Skoffin on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Thor, you are trying too hard to appear to be a Sherlock in the making.

There are plenty of reasons someone could have extra info that we do not, however it would just be speculation at this point. He could have a special role, he could have flavour that implied something and he read more into it, who knows. He could be lying, he might not be; I see no point in talking round in circles on that until we actually hear what info he has.
I do not agree that Pika came out with his claim on his own; he danced around with some questions and was forced to explain his line of questioning, it happens. I've literally been in the same position as town myself so it seems silly to use that as the basis for accusing someone else.

Now can we go back to voting Hotshot pl0x?
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby BuJaber on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 pm

Skoffin wrote:

Now can we go back to voting Hotshot pl0x?

That depends on whether it was a serious vote or if you were taking a shot at me for splitting the votes myself.

While we're at it let's throw this out there: dakky is too quiet. Either he's had enough of being one of the early targets in almost every game, or he's hiding something; because in most games he comes out with his post containing each player's post count and he's usually #1 or slightly lower.

Everyone else needs to start commenting and voting too, it's been a pika and thor conversation for what feels like ages.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Me being too quiet? It's Day One (D1) and I don't have a "lead" against anyone but you BuJaber, and it's only because you voted a non-playing character. That's why my vote is still on you, but if someone comes with a better suggestion, I am willing to change my vote or even hammer. Other than that, I don't know and can't judge anyone so far.

BTW... You want a post count? There you go....

Thorthoth 37
Pikanchion 35
Skoffin 35
DirtyDishSoap 30
Ragian 27
ZaBeast 21
lord voldemort 20
MudPuppy 19
BuJaber 18
dakky21 15
madmitch 15
Samlen 13
Minister Masket 12
FloresDelMal 10
HotShot53 10
IcePack 10

It doesn't mean that people who post less are scum. It just means they're more inactive and I'd like them replaced rather than lynched, as I said in all previous games.
Captain dakky21

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Minister Masket wrote:I'm not a girl. Just because my avatar is female, does not mean I am a girl. Many a WoW player has fallen into this trap and I advise you do not do the same.

I may as well commit to a vote with the deadline a few days away, and nothing stands out more than Thor's mass claim suggestion. As silly as it is naive.

Vote Thor

Sorry about that, I did look at your profile to know whether you were a he or a she prior to posting some of my posts, but it seems I switched back to feminine on this one, I guess I didn't pay enough attention. I'll make sure to double-check next time.

madmitch wrote:thanks guys for letting me take time to grieve ,the funeral was today, I have been trying to read all the posts and hopefully I will be caught up shortly , thanks again

Take all the time you need. Good to see you're back in time to take your night actions, if applicable.

About the thor issue: I'm not sure how a claim from him would be detrimental to town at this point. I'd say scum would likely pick a dwarf if they were forced to claim (or a power role, so they could try and lure him out). So thor claiming would remove one dwarf from their potential claims, which I guess would increase the odds of scum successfully claiming a character no one has. That is if scum don't have fake claims, which are basically non-assigned roles right? If fake claims are present, can someone briefly explain me how thor (or anyone, for that matter) claiming role X would make him more of a confirmed townie?
Anyways, unless there's a lot of power roles present, I'd expect scum have more chances to hit vanilla townies on N1, so they should have a better idea of who are the lesser dwarves quick enough. I guess it would be better if they could not talk about it during night, that is, if thor doesn't full-claim (I assume that's the only moment they can talk?), but I don't see it making much of a difference.

About the 3rd party issue: If we only take named characters, it makes sense to conclude it would be hard to have a third party. But why couldn't there be an unnamed orc or something like that?

And am I the only one that finds unnecessary VT or "lesser character" claims pretty convenient btw? You have a reason for not being the NK target (not that those that claimed were likely to be NKed imo), you may be less likely to be investigated (but that's debatable I guess), you might explain you're unsuccessful at scumhunting by saying you don't have a power role to help you, etc. It's a double edged sword, since a VT claims means town can afford to lose you more, but still...

I'd also like to see Icepack and KJ post more content/more often. I haven't seen much from them since they joined
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Thorthoth on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Who are you kidding, ZaBeast? FOS @ ZaBeast.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Kamikaze Jawa on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 am

Minister Masket wrote:I'm not a girl. Just because my avatar is female, does not mean I am a girl. Many a WoW player has fallen into this trap and I advise you do not do the same.

We all know there's no such thing as a girl on the internet!

ZaBeast wrote:I'd also like to see Icepack and KJ post more content/more often. I haven't seen much from them since they joined

Apologies, been reading quietly and hoping to get any kind of tell.
New Recruit Kamikaze Jawa

Postby Ragian on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 am

This is your second game, right? How are you able to use arguments based on mafia tradition, then? Also, the "someone did something which is scummy, but when I did it, it was towny" song gets boring.

FP'ed

@KJ, you're right. Hey, Skoffin :lol:
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 am

dakky21 wrote:It doesn't mean that people who post less are scum.

I didn't say that and you know it. I noticed a change and I pointed it out. Maybe I jumped the gun because it is day 1 so it makes sense you'd be quieter but with you it doesn't usually matter what day it is.
Major BuJaber

Postby Samlen on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 am

Pretty apparent i'm not posting much, I just don't think i can add much of anything important to the discussions that've been going on. The biggest blip today seems to be Thor. His play style is so contradictory that I don't know what to make of it. He's playing both as a noob and attempting to play as an experienced player almost. Seems like a loose cannon so far. I can smell a speedlynch attempt coming up on thor(we're up to 4?), probably from all the super die-hard day 1 lynch advocates =p I still stand by that there's not enough evidence to really lynch him, especially with how's he's playing both scum and town will be indiscernible from each other on his wagon.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:44 am

I agree. Especially after MM hopped onto that wagon. But hey, I've got my own blinders on here.
Captain Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:16 am

Samlen wrote:I can smell a speedlynch attempt coming up on thor(we're up to 4?), probably from all the super die-hard day 1 lynch advocates =p I still stand by that there's not enough evidence to really lynch him, especially with how's he's playing both scum and town will be indiscernible from each other on his wagon.

I'm voting for Thor to pressure a full claim, not to actually lynch him. I'd wager he is town but I am definitely not certain and want him to commit to a full claim so, if he is scum, we have a shot at catching him in a lie. If he's not lying, that wouldn't be a concern.

At this point, I find it scummy that he hasn't gone ahead and made the full claim on his own to support his VT claim. Other than narrowing down the choices of potential fake claims for scum by one (a minuscule price to pay; and far less than the cost of his unprovoked declaration), I see no harm in him making a full claim. If he truly is town, what good reason could he have for not expanding on his VT claim??? If he truly is scum, however, I can think of a couple of REALLY good reasons for him not to claim.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Skoffin on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 am

It appears we are at an impasse as 4 people are voting masket, 4 are voting Thor and 4 are voting for no lynching. As we need 9 people for a verdict someone is going to have to change. you could all change to hotshot for example. ;)
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:34 am

@Mudpuppy, you find nothing fishy aboubt MM's behaviour, and you have no issues voting alongside him?
Captain Ragian

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 am

Ragian wrote:@Mudpuppy, you find nothing fishy aboubt MM's behaviour, and you have no issues voting alongside him?

I'm not crazy about Minister Masket's lack of reads but would not classify his behavior as fishy. I have no issues voting alongside him... in fact, I very much welcome Masket's added pressure on Thor who, imo, is clearly the best candidate for a claim.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:09 am

Skoffin wrote: It appears we are at an impasse as 4 people are voting masket, 4 are voting Thor and 4 are voting for no lynching. As we need 9 people for a verdict someone is going to have to change. you could all change to hotshot for example. ;)

Blasphemy.

In any event, I never understood the reasoning to vote for MM. Hotshot is a maybe, I'm just use to him being a lurker. Thor, imo, is the better candidate of the three. Even if he's a vanilla, it's better to just get it out of the way now, rather than later.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Skoffin on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

Is Ragoo ever going to address my reasoning for not voting Masket?
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby madmitch on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am

From what I read ,DDS thinks he is God nothing new there :lol: , Pika has info for town :roll: and we are in a 3-way tie for votes,I can't get behind the no-lynch vote and don't see the reason for MM'S death yet, there is something about Thort that don't feel right,1. his no-lynch vote.2 asking for everyone to reveal their roles,3 revealing his role with no real pressure. Then there is Skoffin ,her style is always been voting towards the end of day, and she usually doesn't vote unless she is sure about something, Skoffin has seen something in H.S. that she does not like :evil: and I think we all might have to switch our votes or take a look more carefully at Hot shot, so what do you think guys should we switch our votes? :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 am

madmitch wrote:From what I read ,DDS thinks he is God nothing new there :lol: , Pika has info for town :roll: and we are in a 3-way tie for votes,I can't get behind the no-lynch vote and don't see the reason for MM'S death yet, there is something about Thort that don't feel right,1. his no-lynch vote.2 asking for everyone to reveal their roles,3 revealing his role with no real pressure. Then there is Skoffin ,her style is always been voting towards the end of day, and she usually doesn't vote unless she is sure about something, Skoffin has seen something in H.S. that she does not like :evil: and I think we all might have to switch our votes or take a look more carefully at Hot shot, so what do you think guys should we switch our votes? :-s

The deadline is set for Sunday/Monday. It's better to make the switch now, and get the pressure going, rather than waiting it out until the last minute and speed lynch someone, hopefully not a town power role. Someone needs to cave now, today, or risk a bad lynch. So if you're going to switch votes, switch them. Just bear in my mind who you might be siding with.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives