Conquer Club

Do you drink tea?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Do you drink tea?

NO!
29%
Sometimes, but less than once a week
29%
One or more times per week, but less than daily
29%
Daily
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Do you drink tea?

Postby mrswdk on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:jones shouldn’t be making tea with boiling hot water anyway. Once you’ve boiled the water you need to leave it for 10ish seconds to cool a bit before putting it on your tea, otherwise you scald the leaves and mess up the taste.

Wow, you started this thread going full anti-tea, but now - true to the nature of your race - you seem, in fact, to be an expert on it.

What a trickster.

I am just a very courteous person who adapts their conversation to suit their companion, so that my conversation companion will feel comfortable and engaged with me..

OR

You can know about something without necessarily liking it. I know a bit about Portugal but I don't like Portugal (I am merely indifferent).

OR

shut up
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:12 pm

mrswdk wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
mrswdk wrote:jones shouldn’t be making tea with boiling hot water anyway. Once you’ve boiled the water you need to leave it for 10ish seconds to cool a bit before putting it on your tea, otherwise you scald the leaves and mess up the taste.

Wow, you started this thread going full anti-tea, but now - true to the nature of your race - you seem, in fact, to be an expert on it.

What a trickster.

I am just a very courteous person who adapts their conversation to suit their companion, so that my conversation companion will feel comfortable and engaged with me..

OR

You can know about something without necessarily liking it. I know a bit about Portugal but I don't like Portugal (I am merely indifferent).

OR

shut up

Weird, did I miss something?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Symmetry wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

What a trickster.

OR

OR

shut up

Weird, did I miss something?

mrswdk being a trickster - trying to gain my friendship by faking a shared distaste of tea while secretly loving it
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:54 am

Symmetry wrote:

Nobody uses boiling water. Even with kettles turning off after the boiling point, pouring reduces the temp, and going into a teapot or cup reduces it further.

Actually boiling tea leaves would mean that you've been putting tea leaves, or a tea bag in a kettle and raising the temp to boiling. That would be weird.

Literally nobody I know has ever added genuinely boiling hot water to tea. Even simmering would be bizarre.

The Brits used to say "pot to kettle, not kettle to pot" - so that the water hadn't had time to cool while you were taking the kettle to the pot. And the reason for "warming the pot" is so that the water doesn't cool down when it hits the cold pot before it's started on the leaves.

In Kenya, they make tea by adding the leaves, milk and sugar to a pot and then heating it all up. A huge shame - Kenyan tea is some of the best in the world.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:10 am

THROW TEA OVERBOARD
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:09 am

jonesthecurl wrote:Boiling? If not, wrong temperature.

Boiling? I thought the water had to be just under that of a rolling boil.
And I'm right.
White Tea 160F
Geeen Tea 150-180F
Oolong Tea 190-200F
Black Tea 200-212F
With 212F being boiling.
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,