Conquer Club

December 2017 - Krampuslauf

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

December 2017 - Krampuslauf

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 am

Official Monthly Challenge for December 2017
Brought to you by the Community Team.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN WAITING GAMES

To keep up with the steady flow of German themes, for December we are doing a Krampuslauf (Krampus run). Speed games, including maps about racing, and maps with a horror theme. So it's really a Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

Wikipedia wrote:In folklore, Krampus is a horned, anthropomorphic figure described as "half-goat, half-demon", who, during the Christmas season, punishes children who have misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards the well-behaved with gifts. Krampus is one of the companions of Saint Nicholas in several countries including Austria, Bavaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, South Tyrol and parts of Northern Italy. The origin of the figure is unclear; some folklorists and anthropologists have postulated its pre-Christian origin.

In traditional parades and in such events as the Krampuslauf (English: Krampus run), young men dressed as Krampus participate; such events occur annually in most Alpine towns. Krampus is featured on holiday greeting cards called Krampuskarten.

NO SIGN-UPS REQUIRED

SETTINGS
Maps: Circus Maximus, Conquer 500, Halloween Hollows, Salem's Switch
Players Per Game: 3 OR MORE
Game Type: Standard, Terminator, and Assassin
Initial Troops: ANY
Play Order: ANY
Spoils: ANY
Reinforcements: ANY
FOG: OPTIONAL
TRENCH: OPTIONAL
Round Limit: ANY
Round Length: ANY
Joinablility: PUBLIC

MEDAL CRITERIA
900 POINTS are required for a medal.

BRONZE Token - Join
SILVER Token - Speed Game Win
GOLD Token - Casual Game Win

If you play 19 games or less then:
Each BRONZE Token is worth 1 point
Each SILVER Token is worth 150 point
Each GOLD Token is worth 150 points

If you play 20 games or more then:
Each BRONZE Token is worth 1 point
Each SILVER Token is worth 50 point
Each GOLD Token is worth 100 points

DECEMBER SCOREBOARD

OTHER PRIZES AND FAQS

Notes
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: December 2017 - Krampuslauf

Postby Swifte on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 am

Team games show up in the link - are they supposed to count?
Colonel Swifte

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:39 am

Swifte wrote:Team games show up in the link - are they supposed to count?

Nope, no team games this month. Standard, Terminator, and Assassin only.

Fixed and thanks :)
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby SUICIDE on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:47 am

Do you just start a game as normal 24 hour or speed and its automatically in the challange and scored
Cook SUICIDE

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 pm

SUICIDE wrote:Do you just start a game as normal 24 hour or speed and its automatically in the challange and scored

correct, as long as you have the required settings the game will drop tokens automatically by the computer. once you have tokens they will show on the december scoreboard page. this month, both speed and casual games are included.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:17 pm

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.
In addition to the CA medal, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM CatchersMitt14.

Last Updated: February 2017
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby rmjw10 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:33 pm

please take a look at the scoreboard. The top two players have a silver (50) and a bronze (1) and their total score is 151. Certainly this doesn't add up but maybe the hace a gold instead of the silver as shown. This wold be 151.

Thanks

rmjw10
Cook rmjw10

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:36 pm

rmjw10 wrote:please take a look at the scoreboard. The top two players have a silver (50) and a bronze (1) and their total score is 151. Certainly this doesn't add up but maybe the hace a gold instead of the silver as shown. This wold be 151.

Thanks

rmjw10

They've played 19 or less games so silver is worth 150.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby GaryDenton on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 am

Do not create trench games for Salam's Switch. That game map depends on Buggy Stops that self destruct at the start of your turn to get to other players. Some of us are stuck in a trench game now with no time limit.
Corporal GaryDenton

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:17 am

GaryDenton wrote:Do not create trench games for Salam's Switch. That game map depends on Buggy Stops that self destruct at the start of your turn to get to other players. Some of us are stuck in a trench game now with no time limit.

You can attack through a killer neutral regardless of trench. Meaning that you can take the buggy stops and keep going across them to another territory that isn't a buggy stop.

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions3
Special Gameplay: Trench Warfare

With trench warfare you can only assault from regions held continuously since the start of your turn. If you conquer a region (or re-conquer a region) you cannot assault further from that region during the same turn. The one exception being 'killer neutrals' (explained on the Gameplay Notes page) from which you may continue assaulting. The game no longer involves steamrolling across the board. Instead you gradually advance your front!
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby GaryDenton on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Thanks, somehow I had missed that.
Corporal GaryDenton

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm

May I suggest putting a picture icon next to bronze, silver, gold game types to make it much easier to figure out what is required at a glance in these various challenges?
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:May I suggest putting a picture icon next to bronze, silver, gold game types to make it much easier to figure out what is required at a glance in these various challenges?

Actually, I don't think they're itemized at all. I can't more precisely figure out which games to join. I don't think others can either; and as such almost nobody has apparently played in a silver token game (whatever that is).
Major ViperOverLord

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:May I suggest putting a picture icon next to bronze, silver, gold game types to make it much easier to figure out what is required at a glance in these various challenges?

Actually, I don't think they're itemized at all. I can't more precisely figure out which games to join. I don't think others can either; and as such almost nobody has apparently played in a silver token game (whatever that is).

Or perhaps people have not played in a silver token game because they don’t want to play silver settings as opposed to being unable to figure out what a silver game is.

Hint....try using game finder, it’ll solve your issue of finding games with specific settings.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby ViperOverLord on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:43 am

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

Or perhaps people have not played in a silver token game because they don’t want to play silver settings as opposed to being unable to figure out what a silver game is.

Hint....try using game finder, it’ll solve your issue of finding games with specific settings.

ZERO in the top sixty have a silver token. You should learn how to handle constructive criticism.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 am

ViperOverLord wrote:
CatchersMitt14 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:

ZERO in the top sixty have a silver token. You should learn how to handle constructive criticism.

Well, we’ve now established you can’t read the scoreboard as there is a person in the top sixty with a silver token. It’s the warrior65 who’s is currently 12th place.

Constructive criticism is great. Your criticisms on this challenge are all based on assumptions and I don’t agree with your assumptions. Base them on facts and data and we can try again. I think people are perfectly capable of figuring out what the settings are for a silver token game. I just think they’re not overly interested in playing the silver game settings.

Since you seem to be unable to figure it out, silver games are speed games. It does not surprise me in the least that there are only a handful of silver tokens on the board. Given the option between speed and casual games no one should be surprised people are choosing casual. Speed game players are a dying breed on this site. In fact, I’ve put up silver games most nights this month and not a single one has filled. Which really, didn’t surprise me at all as I said, it’s difficult to fill a speed game these days.

As for your issue about “ I can't more precisely figure out which games to join” I’ll reiterate. USE GAME FINDER. Click those little boxes next to the options and you can narrow down to whatever games you want. If you want a silver token game, then select only the speed options.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Hooch on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Could you try a 5 minute speeder not a dastardly 2 or 3 minute one?
Like people real timing a 24 hour game...
Private 1st Class Hooch

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:05 am

Hooch wrote:Could you try a 5 minute speeder not a dastardly 2 or 3 minute one?
Like people real timing a 24 hour game...

You're welcome to create games with the settings you want Hooch. Anyone can start qualifying games.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 pm

medals and stars awarded.
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:25 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:medals and stars awarded.

Thanks, CM!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Monthly Challenges