Conquer Club

7 Days of Conquer Club 2017

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

7 Days of Conquer Club 2017

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:41 pm

This is the 2017 Christmas event

For other Christmas activities on Conquer Club, see The Cookie Jar Challenge

7 days of merry, Christmas Club cheer!

From Dec 22 - Dec 28 start or win any game for a chance to score Stockings and Gifts. Chances of all item drops increase with number of players. Speed and assassin games have a lower chance of winning. Bot games have a grinch-like chance of winning. Your best chance, naturally, will come from the Christmas Map.

The Christmas map will stay open for public and private games for the duration of the 7 days.

Stuff your Stockings with Gifts to score points: To score a point for a Gift you must have a corresponding color of Stocking to stuff it in. Each Stocking only fits 5 Gifts, so for each 5 Gifts you will need to have another Stocking of that color for them to count.

The prizes are as shown on the scoreboard:
Winner: red star, 1000 creds, and a CA medal
2nd: green star, 500 creds, and a CA medal
3rd to 30th: CA medal only
31st to 50th: GA medal only

Ties will be broken by the total count of gifts, then stockings, then the timing of your first stocking - the sooner the merrier.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Successful Conquering to all!

Just some F.A.Q.s:
I have 20 gifts. Why do I only have 10 points?
"To score a point for a Gift you must have a corresponding color of Stocking to stuff it in." A gift ONLY counts if it's in a stocking of the corresponding colour. Red gifts only go in red stockings, blue gifts only go in blue stockings, etc. Having 10 blue gifts counts for nada if you have no blue stocking to put them in.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: 7 Days of Conquer Club

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:22 am

Hello,
A few questions :

1/ The games must end before Dec28th to be counted? or like the monthly challenges, games have to be started in this period, even if they end in January (as an example).
2/ Team games have a good chance or a low chance to get socks and gifts?

Thanks for the answers.

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 am

DJENRE wrote:1/ The games must end before Dec28th to be counted? or like the monthly challenges, games have to be started in this period, even if they end in January (as an example).

Thanks for the answers.

DJ 8-)

I will get clarification on the 1st q.

For the second, it depends on the number of players. An 8-player Quads game has the same chance as an 8-player Standard game. A 6-player Trips game has the same chance as a 6-player Standard game.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:20 am

Dukasaur wrote:
DJENRE wrote:1/ The games must end before Dec28th to be counted? or like the monthly challenges, games have to be started in this period, even if they end in January (as an example).

Thanks for the answers.

DJ 8-)

I will get clarification on the 1st q.

For the second, it depends on the number of players. An 8-player Quads game has the same chance as an 8-player Standard game. A 6-player Trips game has the same chance as a 6-player Standard game.

Ok, great! thanks DUKA
I was pretty sure you will do, but because this event is pretty short, I wanted to know asap. :D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:04 am

As far as I can see, there is no provision for waiting for games to complete. Basically any points you haven't gathered by the 28th, I wouldn't count on. That means, obviously, that most points will come from drops not wins, so you're best to join a lot of games and make sure they start before the 28th. Only speed games, RT games, and other quickies will likely finish before the 28th.

I'm still talking to BW, but based on my last message from him I think there is no provision for anything to accumulate after the 28th.

Get your points now...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Iron_Lady on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:24 am

is the Christmas challenge just for premium players, and where do the stockings show up? In inventory?
Sergeant Iron_Lady

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 am

Iron_Lady wrote:is the Christmas challenge just for premium players, and where do the stockings show up? In inventory?

No, anyone is eligible for this event, although freemies will have a hard time playing enough games to get a decent score. That being said, I notice the 4th-highest player on the Christmas scoreboard right now is a freemium. Looking through his games, looks like he's managed that by playing 1v1 RT games on the Christmas map. Shows that if you set your mind to it, you can overcome the limitations of being a freemie, at least to some degree.

Yes, the stockings will show in your inventory.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:40 am

Dukasaur wrote:As far as I can see, there is no provision for waiting for games to complete. Basically any points you haven't gathered by the 28th, I wouldn't count on. That means, obviously, that most points will come from drops not wins, so you're best to join a lot of games and make sure they start before the 28th. Only speed games, RT games, and other quickies will likely finish before the 28th.

I'm still talking to BW, but based on my last message from him I think there is no provision for anything to accumulate after the 28th.

Get your points now...:)

In red, I presume you mean to END before the 28th.

OK I see, I thought this event was also to promote CHRISTMAS map.
But it's more to promote players who are able to play hundreds games during XMAS holydays....
Like the actual Monthly Challenges, it's no more a challenge, it's only based on number of game played.
Like I saw on previous monthly challenges. The player who have won has horrible win stats.
Sometimes less than 20 % victory on game played!!!! :o

What a challenge!!! :(

Maybe next time you can do the same kind of event but only on CHRISTMAS map, and like the monthly challenge, Games have to end before Jan 31st.
Just an idea... Or a mix, :D All games have to END before 28th, except CHRISTMAS games until Jan 31st...

But anyway thank you again for organizing this!!!! =D> =D> =D>
Good work!

DJ 8-)
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:06 am

DJENRE wrote:
I presume you mean to END before the 28th.

No, I meant to begin before the 28th. Most token-dropping games have both:
  • a random drop to all participants at the beginning, and
  • A final drop to the winner at the end
If a game begins before the end of the event, but doesn't end, then you will lose the benefit of the second drop, but you will still get the first.

To look at it mathematically: If it's an eight-player game on the Christmas map, with its elevated chance of getting a gift, on average 7 of the 8 players will get a token of some kind (either stocking or gift). If the game finishes before the end of the event, the winner(s) have another chance at it. If it's a standard game with 1 winner, that's a possibility of one more gift. (If it's a team game with more than one winner that's possibility of more than one drop at the end.) So, if the event starts during the event but does not end, you will still get most of the benefit. Using the example of an 8-player game, if it's standard 7/8 of the benefit will come at the beginning, if it's a dubs game 7/9 of the benefit will come at the beginning, if it's a quads game 7/11 of the benefit will come at the beginning. The actual ratio will vary with the game type, but in all cases more than half of the benefit will be at the beginning.

So, like I said
Dukasaur wrote:That means, obviously, that most points will come from drops not wins, so you're best to join a lot of games and make sure they start before the 28th. Only speed games, RT games, and other quickies will likely finish before the 28th.)

Now, I have an important update to the above. BigWham has agreed to extend the eligibility for win tokens only until Dec. 31st. Games must still begin by the 28th to be eligible, but they have until the 31st to still get win tokens. There will still be many games which will not meet the deadline, but it means a few more will qualify.

DJENRE wrote:OK I see, I thought this event was also to promote CHRISTMAS map.
But it's more to promote players who are able to play hundreds games during XMAS holydays....

Yeah, the Christmas map needs no promotion. It's been around for years now and is one of the most popular special-event maps. This is, as you say, mainly an event for players who have time off during the holidays and want to spend a lot of time on Conquer Club.

DJENRE wrote:Like the actual Monthly Challenges, it's no more a challenge, it's only based on number of game played.

The Monthly Challenges come in many shapes and sizes. Some allow unlimited games and become, as you say, mainly about who can play the most games. Others have restricted numbers of games. We had one earlier this year that only allowed you to play 3 games. Others have other restrictions. Some, like the current (December) challenge, have a 2-tiered scoring system. People who want to play less than 20 games are scored differently than people who want to play less than 20 games, so you can play for quality or for quantity, depending on your personal preference.

In general, the site-sponsored events try to have something for everybody. There are huge events like the Great War, which is a multi-year commitment, and there are little events like St. Patrick's Day which is pretty much a single weekend, and there is everything in between. There are fast events, slow events, events that focus on a small number of games and events with huge numbers of games, events that are premium-only and events that are freemium-friendly, events that are really straightforward and events that are really complex. We really do try to have something for everybody at some point during the year.

The Christmas event mainly serves players that have a week off from work or school, and want to hang around CC and play more games than during the rest of the year, especially on the Christmas map.

DJENRE wrote:Maybe next time you can do the same kind of event but only on CHRISTMAS map, and like the monthly challenge, Games have to end before Jan 31st.
Just an idea... Or a mix, :D All games have to END before 28th, except CHRISTMAS games until Jan 31st...

Yeah, this event has been run exactly the same way for three years now. Maybe it's time to have a look at doing it differently next year.

DJENRE wrote:But anyway thank you again for organizing this!!!! =D> =D> =D>

You're welcome, and I'd love to take the credit, but honestly this is one of the fully-automated events. There's not much organizing to do. Really, my only job here is answering questions, so I hope I did a good job of answering yours.

:D
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DJENRE on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:00 am

Dukasaur wrote:
DJENRE wrote:
I presume you mean to END before the 28th.

No, I meant to begin before the 28th. Most token-dropping games have both:
  • a random drop to all participants at the beginning, and
  • A final drop to the winner at the end
If a game begins before the end of the event, but doesn't end, then you will lose the benefit of the second drop, but you will still get the first.

To look at it mathematically: If it's an eight-player game on the Christmas map, with its elevated chance of getting a gift, on average 7 of the 8 players will get a token of some kind (either stocking or gift). If the game finishes before the end of the event, the winner(s) have another chance at it. If it's a standard game with 1 winner, that's a possibility of one more gift. (If it's a team game with more than one winner that's possibility of more than one drop at the end.) So, if the event starts during the event but does not end, you will still get most of the benefit. Using the example of an 8-player game, if it's standard 7/8 of the benefit will come at the beginning, if it's a dubs game 7/9 of the benefit will come at the beginning, if it's a quads game 7/11 of the benefit will come at the beginning. The actual ratio will vary with the game type, but in all cases more than half of the benefit will be at the beginning.

YEP, sorry ! my bad I thought before that items were given only for WINS.

So, like I said
Dukasaur wrote:That means, obviously, that most points will come from drops not wins, so you're best to join a lot of games and make sure they start before the 28th. Only speed games, RT games, and other quickies will likely finish before the 28th.)

Now, I have an important update to the above. BigWham has agreed to extend the eligibility for win tokens only until Dec. 31st. Games must still begin by the 28th to be eligible, but they have until the 31st to still get win tokens. There will still be many games which will not meet the deadline, but it means a few more will qualify.

THANKS!!!=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

DJENRE wrote:OK I see, I thought this event was also to promote CHRISTMAS map.

Yeah, the Christmas map needs no promotion. It's been around for years now and is one of the most popular special-event maps. This is, as you say, mainly an event for players who have time off during the holidays and want to spend a lot of time on Conquer Club.

DJENRE wrote:Like the actual Monthly Challenges, it's no more a challenge, it's only based on number of game played.

The Monthly Challenges come in many shapes and sizes. Some allow unlimited games and become, as you say, mainly about who can play the most games. Others have restricted numbers of games. We had one earlier this year that only allowed you to play 3 games. Others have other restrictions. Some, like the current (December) challenge, have a 2-tiered scoring system. People who want to play less than 20 games are scored differently than people who want to play less than 20 games, so you can play for quality or for quantity, depending on your personal preference.

In general, the site-sponsored events try to have something for everybody. There are huge events like the Great War, which is a multi-year commitment, and there are little events like St. Patrick's Day which is pretty much a single weekend, and there is everything in between. There are fast events, slow events, events that focus on a small number of games and events with huge numbers of games, events that are premium-only and events that are freemium-friendly, events that are really straightforward and events that are really complex. We really do try to have something for everybody at some point during the year.

The Christmas event mainly serves players that have a week off from work or school, and want to hang around CC and play more games than during the rest of the year, especially on the Christmas map.

DJENRE wrote:Maybe next time you can do the same kind of event but only on CHRISTMAS map, and like the monthly challenge, Games have to end before Jan 31st.

Yeah, this event has been run exactly the same way for three years now. Maybe it's time to have a look at doing it differently next year.
Another idea could maybe be t display gift for JOINING and socks for WINNING.

DJENRE wrote:But anyway thank you again for organizing this!!!! =D> =D> =D>

You're welcome, and I'd love to take the credit, but honestly this is one of the fully-automated events. There's not much organizing to do. Really, my only job here is answering questions, so I hope I did a good job of answering yours.

Oh yes! Amazing, cristal clear, thanks Duka!
:D
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Mad777 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:52 am

Thanks for the update Duke ;)
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby DJENRE on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:19 pm

You know what, I dont know if it's possible, but :

What about beign able to give gift and socks to another player as a present for christmas?
You could be able to exchange it with somebody (eg you need a pink stocking while your friend need a orange stocking) / or to give it to your friend for him to reach a better place into the scoreboard....

That would be amazing, + more than never a CHRISTMAS spirit on CC!!!!!
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby dakky21 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:02 pm

I think the Market idea was already suggested. Why stop at stockings and gifts when you could trade for example 3 blue stars for one green, but that's not going to happen.
Captain dakky21

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:20 am

Hello Duka,
Are you sure BW made the update? As far as I see, there no more gift or stocking given in any games. Am I wrong?

Also, is the tournament still owned by a cheater or something will be done?
nemapredaje deserves the victory more than john999
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby Mad777 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:21 am

I concur, many games won yesterday and nothing but few low value star, no gift no sock...
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:55 am

DJENRE wrote:

Hello Duka,
Are you sure BW made the update? As far as I see, there no more gift or stocking given in any games. Am I wrong?

It was already said john999 will lose qualification in C&A.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:06 am

IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

Hello Duka,

Everything I saw in C&A was that :
"His Christmas games with Panthix are being deleted so the score and items are being returned."

As far as I know, that's all!
Where did you see he gonna lose qualification for this challenge?
Did I miss something?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 am

DJENRE wrote:
IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

Hello Duka,

"His Christmas games with Panthix are being deleted so the score and items are being returned."

Did I miss something?

No thats what I was refering too. His score and items are being returned, therefore he wont be able to win.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby nemapredaje on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:59 pm

I see you speaking about john999 cheating.
Only one thing i will say about that.
Before serval years i was cheating with freemium account.
What happen? My account was banned and i learned cheating is bad move.
Now premium cheat and they still will win event? Sorry but that is unfair.
They need be punished.
Why?
They will do this again becose without real punish man dont learn.
How to punish?
a)Ban account isnt good,better idea is ban him from finnished event.
After that they will be good boy.
b)dont give him prizes.

I will be happy with first idea xD

Sorry for my perfect grammar
Major nemapredaje

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:03 pm

IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:
IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

Hello Duka,

Did I miss something?

No thats what I was refering too. His score and items are being returned, therefore he wont be able to win.

I was under the impression that only the items from the games with his multi are being returned because those were the only games deleted and that John gets to keep everything won from other games. At least that’s how I interpreted KA’s ruling in the thread.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby Mad777 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:42 pm

CatchersMitt14 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:
IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

Hello Duka,

Did I miss something?

I was under the impression that only the items from the games with his multi are being returned because those were the only games deleted and that John gets to keep everything won from other games. At least that’s how I interpreted KA’s ruling in the thread.

Correct, this is what took place from KA punishment, only the items John has collected against that multi account were removed, not what he has won against real opponents.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Ahh ok, makes sense I guess

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:33 pm

IcePack wrote:Ahh ok, makes sense I guess

Do you mean this 'punishment' make sense? You mean it's enough? :o :(
Don't you think there should be some more 'punishment' against this player who earn credits and stars while cheating.
Do you know he already won last XMAS event the same way and earned credits and stars last year already?
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Postby IcePack on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:01 pm

DJENRE wrote:

Don't you think there should be some more 'punishment' against this player who earn credits and stars while cheating.
Do you know he already won last XMAS event the same way and earned credits and stars last year already?

I'm saying, ahh ok makes sense meaning I misread it.

If the ill gotten rewards were removed from the player, and he has enough legitimate to stay #1 IDK how I feel about it.
But it "makes sense". It doesn't mean its right, just makes logical sense.

I don't know the history, no. And I'm not trying to weigh in on what should be done. I thought I was just sharing info that people didn't know
related to the C&A ruling. Apparently, I read it wrong. Thats all.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DJENRE on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:11 pm

IcePack wrote:
DJENRE wrote:

I'm saying, ahh ok makes sense meaning I misread it.

If the ill gotten rewards were removed from the player, and he has enough legitimate to stay #1 IDK how I feel about it.
But it "makes sense". It doesn't mean its right, just makes logical sense.

I don't know the history, no. And I'm not trying to weigh in on what should be done. I thought I was just sharing info that people didn't know
related to the C&A ruling. Apparently, I read it wrong. Thats all.

Ha ok! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought you was supporting this kind of play! ;)

Also it seems that GIFT and STOCKING are back into CC since a few hours!!! :mrgreen:
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em

Next

Return to Announcement Archives