Conquer Club

Astrology!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Astrology!

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
2dimes wrote:Any Astrologers here? Based on the fighting I guess a moon of Mars is under Sagitarius or something.

It's under Orion's belt.

The problem with astrology is that when they say Sagittarius, they aren't actually talking about the constellation Sagittarius, although they might be pretending to be.

They still use for their star charts, those which the Babylonians put in place. That means the entire sky has shifted relative to that. Here's a basic article to serve as background for what I mean:
https://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

So, I'll use today to make it easy. This is a snap I just took:

Now we can safely say that the Moon is pretty close to Virgo and that Mars and Jupiter are pretty close to Libra. However, the astrologers say that Mars and Jupiter are both in Scorpio, while the Moon is (leaving Virgo) and entering Libra. It's a rare day that they get the position of the moon correct but today is one of those days. The region of the sky which the astrologists call Scorpio actually includes the entire constellation Libra, and so on around the entire Zodiac. (I'm a bit more forgiving about the Ophiochus/Sextans/Orion/Auriga/Cetus crap, since the modern constellation boundaries are subjective anyway). What is really funny though is when the Moon or a planet is fully within the constellation visually, yet the astrologists claim it is elsewhere. It's a type of libel. So never mind the fact that the system doesn't work. They don't follow the actual rules of their own system.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:55 pm

What's the purple line?

I was in a class once and a lady told us she worked for a newspaper in a small town and decided she wanted to publish the horoscopes. The editor told her where they had put the package from whoever sent them out. She went and got it and noticed there were no dates. She contacted the company that printed the masters and asked, "How do I know which one to print when?" The person told her, "Oh it doesn't matter. Just pick one."
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:59 pm

2dimes wrote:What's the purple line?

I was in a class once and a lady told us she worked for a newspaper in a small town and decided she wanted to publish the horoscopes. The editor told her where they had put the package from whoever sent them out. She went and got it and noticed there were no dates. She contacted the company that printed the masters and asked, "How do I know which one to print when?" The person told her, "Oh it doesn't matter. Just pick one."

The purple line I think is the ecliptic.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:48 pm

I believe DoomY is correct:

https://www.space.com/15722-constellations.html

JP

DoomYoshi wrote:

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

The purple line is a blend of red and blue, duh.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
The purple line is a blend of red and blue, duh.

Thanks man. I thought I was going to have to use google to get a reasonable answer. Off to check my horoscope.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:07 pm

what is your horoscope telling you NOW?

anything worth posting?

JP

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Looks pretty obvious to me.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Except for the straight lines, that could be a spirograph.

DoomYoshi wrote:Image

Looks pretty obvious to me.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Apparently Knuckles is a Taurus:
Click image to enlarge.

Also, I thought this was funny:
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,