Conquer Club

school shooting

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: school shooting

Postby karel on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Neoteny wrote:
karel wrote:so these kids walked out of class to protest,they should all be expelled from school,they do not have a right to walk down road,slowing traffic down

Children are better at Democracy than karel is.

no children have no clue
Corporal karel

Postby warmonger1981 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

mrswdk wrote:
warmonger1981 wrote:Let's quit selling kids the idea that college is a must. Most get worthless degrees. Then stay in debt for years with a worthless degrees.

And then gun violence will decrease.

It might alleviate some anxiety. I'm pretty sure money has a lot to do with many suicides or killings. You know people that are broke have very little to look forward to. Decide to become an internet sensation by killing people.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:10 pm

karel wrote:
Neoteny wrote:
karel wrote:so these kids walked out of class to protest,they should all be expelled from school,they do not have a right to walk down road,slowing traffic down

Children are better at Democracy than karel is.

no children have no clue

They seem to be very aware of what they're doing: pissing off the right wing anti-freespeech brigade.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:33 pm

karel wrote:
mrswdk wrote:What would you have done if you were driving down that road, karel?

i would not stop as they are breaking the law

In which case you would then be breaking the law too... Slipperly slope this whole law and order thing eh buddy?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:59 pm

wait a minute...did karel just say he'd plow into a bunch of student protesters blocking a street???
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey, karel, were you in Charlottesville in May of last year?
Major Neoteny

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:05 pm

When those lazy urchins start actually attending class in protest (and getting good grades) then maybe I'll listen.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Nothing quite like a protest where you do everything you're told to do.
Major Neoteny

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Thorthoth wrote:When those lazy urchins start actually attending class in protest (and getting good grades) then maybe I'll listen.

Quite a few of them are honour students. However, going to class and doing business-as-usual is not going to get anyone's attention.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Young people today just stand around glued to their phones, vaping legalized pot and expecting the government to pay for their sex-change operations. No wonder they're getting shot all the time.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Hey, Thorthoth, were you in Parkland last week?
Major Neoteny

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Neoteny wrote:Hey, Thorthoth, were you in Parkland last week?

No, were you?
Obviously the great majority of people in the world were not... and your point is...?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Thorthoth wrote:

No, were you?
Obviously the great majority of people in the world were not... and your point is...?

You were justifying the murder of young people. Just curious.
Major Neoteny

Postby mrswdk on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:38 pm

He used to massacre old threads, now he wants to massacre young kids. Swish swish goes the pendulum!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm

Neoteny wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:

No, were you?

You were justifying the murder of young people. Just curious.

I suppose an explanation could be perceived as a justification. deciding on wha tis just is more subjective than most will admit.

Schools have always been battlegrounds. Obviously this Nikolas kid didn't feel welcome or safe in that environment either. The difference between murder and self-defense is subjective... or perhaps even non-existent.

Hmm, 'neotony' is basically a synonym for being an adult with immature traits, like an axolotl or a child-man. Why did you choose that name?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Thorthoth wrote:I suppose an explanation could be perceived as a justification. deciding on wha tis just is more subjective than most will admit.

Schools have always been battlegrounds. Obviously this Nikolas kid didn't feel welcome or safe in that environment either. The difference between murder and self-defense is subjective... or perhaps even non-existent.

Oh haha ok then.

Thorthoth wrote:Hmm, 'neotony' is basically a synonym for being an adult with immature traits, like an axolotl or a child-man. Why did you choose that name?

It's a self-deprecating joke that projects my interest in biology. What's striking me here is that you just learned a new word that is only seven letters long and, despite it being repeated multiple times on this page, and whatever page you tabbed over to google it, you still can't cobble together the correct spelling. On top of that, you're trying to force a joke that was 100% intentional and at least a decade old. But hey, I'm not claiming to be perfect. Hell, I still take as much pleasure now as I did then in yelling online at child-murder apologists and people who think the last president's vein looks like a sperm.
Major Neoteny

Postby karel on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Neoteny wrote:Hey, karel, were you in Charlottesville in May of last year?

no dip shit,that was all a set up by the dems,it would of been peacefull if the black lufe idiots were not there,as they had no right to be there
Corporal karel

Postby karel on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Young people today just stand around glued to their phones, vaping legalized pot and expecting the government to pay for their sex-change operations. No wonder they're getting shot all the time.

agree them piss heads have no clue whats going on in the world ,all they want is attention,been spoiled all their lives but yet they still want free shit handed to them,well maybe if they stayed in school and put the god damn phones down and if teachers had balls,maybe,just maybe they might learn something of value
Corporal karel

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:57 pm

-----THERE IS ONLY ONE ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE...AL CAPONE'S ...FEB. 14TH ,1929...
----------SORRY KIDS.....YOU WILL NEVER TOP IT...EVEN IF YOU KILL 100...
--------WHEN ST. VAL'S DAY KILLING IS MENTIONED...IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE PURPLE GANG CALLED IN FROM DETROIT...TO TAKE OUT MORAN'S GANG, BY CAPONE...
--------NEXT TIME TRY ARBOR DAY :roll: ...AT LEAST PEOPLE WILL REMEMBER ARBOR DAY...
----LOOK AT THAT...A SHOOTING IN 1929...AND AMERICA'S STILL HERE...WITHOUT GUN CONTROL...IMAGINE THAT... ;) O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:) ....Now someone is crying because they are kids...Does that really make that much of a difference in the 21st cen?...IS A 5 YEAR OLD REALLY MORE SAD THAN AN 80 YEAR OLD GETTING SHOT?...YOU CAN'T HAVE WOMEN AND CHILDREN 1ST,LIKE ON THE TITANIC...THEN TURN AROUND AND WANT EVERYTHING EQUAL...YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS...THAT IS THE MISTAKE WOMEN MAKE...ABOUT EQUAL RIGHTS....WOMEN WERE HELD UP ON A PEDESTAL...ALL THEY HAVE DONE IS COME DOWN TO THE MUD WITH THE MEN...IN THEIR FIGHT FOR EQUAL RIGHTS....REMEMBER WHEN,MEN WOULD...PULL OUT A CHAIR,OR STAND UP WHEN A LADY LEFT A TABLE...OR HELD A DOOR OPEN FOR A LADY....ALL LOST IN A QUEST FOR EQUAL RIGHTS... :(
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm

It's like his brain is made of toes.
Major Neoteny

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Neoteny wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Neoteny wrote:but leftists still need guns to use to protect against cops and other fascists types;

Ah so using firearms to protect oneself against threats? How novel.

-TG

Haha yeah, it really is that simple if you don't have an ounce of empathy in your heart. Fortunately most of us aren't afflicted with that particular disorder, which is why these discussions are so often tipped over when there are dozens of dead children on our doorstep. I can't speak for the right, but the discussion from the left is definitely more complicated that that.

We've seen the power of peaceful protest in the past, but recently we've learned that the police have modified their tactics and the media have no interest in politicizing state-funded murder. And tankies sure like their revolutions. But within the realm of suicide, accidental deaths (so many children) , and even just drunk rednecks or petty disputes, restricted pistol access would save millions. We don't need school shootings and theater massacres to justify gun control, and it won't work anyway since conservatives don't care about dead children (especially when those dead kids are directly from a white nationalist). But there is growing support for lax gun laws on the left, since the right has made it clear they will continue to use theirs for repressive purposes. If only we could get the liberals to wake up to this so they would stop trying to find a centrist answer on this, because there isn't one. We need to get rid of all the guns to protect our citizens, or we need to use them to effect the change necessary to do so. Anything else is watered down politics, and will be uneffective at both goals. The right are happy to keep their intimidation tactics in any form they can. This has to change.

I find this reasoning disconcerting in its blatant hypocrisy and disregard for personal rights. The level of contortion one must go through is remarkable.

Using guns to effect political change against the "bad guys" while disdaining their true worth as a power equalizer is the height of hypocrisy, but I guess you're a means justify the ends type person I suppose. In your crusade against the evil right, so cartoonish in their schemes to massacre children, brown people, and insert current sad poster child here, and to accumulate wealth, you admit that these repressive cretins, or "fascists" if you wish to use a commonly overplayed buzzword, need to be defended against. Yet real evil (yes, BURGLAR IN YUR HOUS) truly exists and commits atrocities every day, irrespective and independent of politics, and apparently shouldn't be defended against. The people that break into homes, rape women, abduct children, kill old and helpless people. The impetus is unimportant-theft, psychopathy, whatever. It happens every day. Real evil like the true fascists who gassed the gypsies and Jews.

I sincerely wonder where one's "empathy" could be who would deny a woman the only substantive means to protect herself from her rapist. But that's the point of a weapon- to level the field. I grew up on a farm, used to toiling and strenuous labor. I am much stronger than an average Joe, but I'm not Batman. At the gym there are plenty of guys there who warm up with weight I can barely lift. If I'm attacked by more than one person what am I to do? Just give in, allow myself to be killed or beaten because someone somewhere misused a tool? Now adjust for a woman, or an old man shambling along with a walker.

In your perfect utopia where no guns or police exist and everyone has free everything (sourced from the aether), do you genuinely believe this base thuggery won't still be there? Color me skeptical. People are pieces of shit. I know, you know it in your revulsion for the right, it's inescapable. How would individuals protect themselves?

Neoteny wrote:re: suicide

Who gives a shit about suicide and how one kills themselves? That statistic could be in the billions, I would never consider forcing my morals on such a person. A person's death should be theirs, and their choice to die is just that, there own.

mookiemcgee wrote:I'm 100% with karel on this one. Nikolas Cruz had every right to own an Ar-15, that's his constitutional right! It was also totally his right, to go into that school and kill 17 kids. All you snowflakes that "love children" (bunch of lefty pedo's if you ask me), should realize it's way more important that I get to own an Ar-15. If more kids brought their own guns to school maybe so many kids wouldn't have died... did you ever think of that you killary bitches.

What's so special about an AR-15?

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby karel on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 pm

ar 15 fun to shoot......and no snowflakes should not own guns,they eat tide pods and dont even know what bathroom to go into,would you want one of them to own a gun,think not,we ndont need nanymorengun laws we already have them,since kids these days dont become adults till theyu in 20's or even 30's...move the age up top 21 to buy a gun,and improve back ground checks,but then again i would not trust the fbi these days,and if a person is on head pills,no gun.......so if these lame brain kids would put cell phones down and learn something like the constitution,they would understand,its not hard to figure out,ffs
Corporal karel

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:04 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Don't be so willing to give up another's freedom.

All of civilization consists of freedoms that can only be preserved by curtailing others.

We are only free to walk the streets in peace to that same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of muggers and cutpurses to carry out their trade.

We are only free to drive the highway in relative safety to the same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of reckless drivers to run us off the road.

We are only free to live in houses to the same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of arsonists to set fire to whatever strikes their fancy.

All freedoms by civilized folk to enjoy safety and security of any kind require curtailing the freedom of the wild and reckless elements in society.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:In your perfect utopia where no guns or police exist and everyone has free everything (sourced from the aether), do you genuinely believe this base thuggery won't still be there? Color me skeptical. People are pieces of shit. I know, you know it in your revulsion for the right, it's inescapable. How would individuals protect themselves?

If allowing personal guns is such a good means of protecting people then why is the murder rate in the US triple the murder rate of any other developed country, despite the fact that far more Americans own guns than do people in other developed countries? Why is America's rape rate double that of almost any other developed country? How come Americans are so much less safe from violence than people in other countries?

If it could be demonstrated that getting rid of guns was a more effective means of protecting individuals' right to be safe than allowing everyone to own guns, would you be in favor of getting rid of guns?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:56 am

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Don't be so willing to give up another's freedom.

All of civilization consists of freedoms that can only be preserved by curtailing others.

We are only free to walk the streets in peace to that same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of muggers and cutpurses to carry out their trade.

We are only free to drive the highway in relative safety to the same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of reckless drivers to run us off the road.

We are only free to live in houses to the same degree that we succeed in curtailing the freedom of arsonists to set fire to whatever strikes their fancy.

All freedoms by civilized folk to enjoy safety and security of any kind require curtailing the freedom of the wild and reckless elements in society.

I actually agree with you. I just consider the wild and reckless elements of society to be the police and military, the two groups I least trust with guns. Disarmament should start with them.

What we are discussing here is a variation of the angry young man problem. Basically, society needs a certain amount of angry young men to serve in the military, but it doesn't need as many as it has, so you end up with extra angry young men that have no place in the military/police force. These people end up being classed "wild and reckless". There are a few solutions, conscription is one of them. The ideal solution is to stop fighting nature and go back to citystates as the proper organization. We need guns for militias, and militias need someone to fight.

To rephrase your assertion: All freedoms by the wild and reckless to enjoy life of any kind requires curtailing the oppressive onslaught of the civilized and society.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,