Conquer Club

Official Dice Bitch Thread

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Official Dice Bitch Thread

Postby armati on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Hutber, you sure you didnt get that from one of my games?

The dice blow.

Great chunks, slimy long slippery chunks, the kinda chunks that bring on more chunks just by lookin at em.

The kinda chunks ya really wanna save for special occasions, like at an office board meeting or a first date.

The legendary kind, the ones ya never forget, truly memorable with their own unique odor ya wish ya could bottle for posterity.

The spontaneous kinda chunks, from a minor tummy rumbling ya had all day and then the unexpected projectile explosion happens that splashes and clings onto all receiving parties and spreads like oil with water.

The kinda chunks that seem to crawl, the kinda chunks ya know live cause death dont smell that way, the kinda chunks might be better described as ooze, an ooze with its own pulsating aura like a seeping pustule creeping towards you in dreams on lightless nights.

The dice blow
Attachments
msr.jpg
Clue: (Joker:1) YAY
msr.jpg (26.09 KiB) Viewed 6596 times
Sergeant armati

Postby Scarlet Lady on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Last edited by Scarlet Lady on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Scarlet Lady

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 am

I finally reached a breaking point with the dice. If you look at my stats, they appear normal. What doesn't show is that I have lost every important roll. I win the ones that won't make a difference. Every set of spoils comes up two pair. I was more of a liability than an asset in the last clan war.

I have cancelled out of all tournaments that have not started. I have cancelled all pending games except tournaments that are ongoing and I am asking to be released from those. I am cutting way back. I am that disgusted with the dice and the way they are running. I have been through bad streaks before in the 11.5k+ games I have played but nothing like this. I am just deploying and passing in most of the games I still have left. There is no point in trying.

Withdrawing from all CC games. Totally disgusted.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:I finally reached a breaking point with the dice. If you look at my stats, they appear normal. What doesn't show is that I have lost every important roll. I win the ones that won't make a difference. Every set of spoils comes up two pair. I was more of a liability than an asset in the last clan war.

Yeah I see that a lot. Not just my dice but others too. You get a long rough stretch then a good one which balances out the stats... or the stats are a crock- I havent qorked out which of these it is. My 3v1 is always red but apparently long term it evens out. I'm not so sure about that.

I think it happens to everyone though as the specific thing you describe I see happen to my opponents as well

I would love to see the actual dice file. Given that for auto roll and in particular large auto rolls, the dice might be grabbed in large chunks, but they are allocated to players in sets of 5. So the same pattern will play out again and again
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am

... as if the sonofabitch needed any help.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:36 am

BrutalBob wrote:
Silly Knig-it wrote:I finally reached a breaking point with the dice. If you look at my stats, they appear normal. What doesn't show is that I have lost every important roll. I win the ones that won't make a difference. Every set of spoils comes up two pair. I was more of a liability than an asset in the last clan war.

Yeah I see that a lot. Not just my dice but others too. You get a long rough stretch then a good one which balances out the stats... or the stats are a crock- I havent qorked out which of these it is. My 3v1 is always red but apparently long term it evens out. I'm not so sure about that.

I think it happens to everyone though as the specific thing you describe I see happen to my opponents as well

I would love to see the actual dice file. Given that for auto roll and in particular large auto rolls, the dice might be grabbed in large chunks, but they are allocated to players in sets of 5. So the same pattern will play out again and again

Weirdly, one of my rejected suggestions was for a forum, or a sub-forum for people to look at stats and strategies. It was rejected for being both too unpopular for people to post in, and also because it would be too popular for people to post in. Made little sense to me, as their are plenty of practically dead forums, and although there are some that are popular, but have become unmanageable (there are no Suggestion moderators at the moment, I am told, for example), most of the popular forums run ok.

It's a shame, as there are people who want to talk strategy, and the stats are an important part of the game.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri May 18, 2018 7:56 am

I finally started playing my first two games on another site. I don't want to leave but the dice here make it not fun.
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lord Arioch on Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 am

and my Dice rock ... dont get it
Sergeant 1st Class Lord Arioch

Postby BrutalBob on Sat May 19, 2018 1:18 am

Lord Arioch wrote:-23
and my Dice rock ... dont get it

Do you mean that the dice distributions are really good but the battles are crap?
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby DBandit70 on Sun May 20, 2018 3:10 am

I have played many many many games here at CC and was around during the best years of this site. We had new maps coming out each month and the member involvement in tournament sand clan play was huge. I would recommend CC to all my friends. BUT things are NOT the same and there is one direct reason and from that reason many other problems have arisen.

The dice program that runs this site has ruined this site. Don't give me the stats and tell me it is all even because while that may be the case, what is overlooked is the probably of certain events happening and these crazy events are happening way to often. I have seen a 41 lose to a 2, which is a one in a 10 billion occurrence and I have seen a 15 lose to 1, or my 4 takes down an army of 28. I am throwing these numbers out at random, but it is just that bad and it is happening on a daily basis. I have played dice game for 40 years and these things never happen though statistically they could once in a blue moon.

I use to love has this site and today it has become a waste of my time. It angers me to play a solid game only to be robbed, and I mean robbed by dice events that should only occur under a normal bell curve once in a million times and yet it is happening daily. It is this reason alone that people are fleeing and will not come back to CC. If not fixed and remedied soon, my path will be likewise the same. I am not one who cares about points and rank and all that stuff, but I want to play solid games against others at a high level of skill. The dice are not allowing this to happen on a consistent basis. I so use to love playing games here, met great people, had great games, and this absolutely blows now. Whoever is in command is asleep at the wheel and taking the site down.

If you read this and agree please write me, I would like to petition for change.
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun May 20, 2018 5:00 am

DBandit70 wrote:I have played many many many games here at CC and was around during the best years of this site. We had new maps coming out each month and the member involvement in tournament sand clan play was huge. I would recommend CC to all my friends. BUT things are NOT the same and there is one direct reason and from that reason many other problems have arisen.

The dice program that runs this site has ruined this site. Don't give me the stats and tell me it is all even because while that may be the case, what is overlooked is the probably of certain events happening and these crazy events are happening way to often. I have seen a 41 lose to a 2, which is a one in a 10 billion occurrence and I have seen a 15 lose to 1, or my 4 takes down an army of 28. I am throwing these numbers out at random, but it is just that bad and it is happening on a daily basis. I have played dice game for 40 years and these things never happen though statistically they could once in a blue moon.

I use to love has this site and today it has become a waste of my time. It angers me to play a solid game only to be robbed, and I mean robbed by dice events that should only occur under a normal bell curve once in a million times and yet it is happening daily. It is this reason alone that people are fleeing and will not come back to CC. If not fixed and remedied soon, my path will be likewise the same. I am not one who cares about points and rank and all that stuff, but I want to play solid games against others at a high level of skill. The dice are not allowing this to happen on a consistent basis. I so use to love playing games here, met great people, had great games, and this absolutely blows now. Whoever is in command is asleep at the wheel and taking the site down.

If you read this and agree please write me, I would like to petition for change.

That is so well expressed and so absolutely the way I feel. And that is the very reason I now have 3 games going on an alternate site.
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BrutalBob on Sun May 20, 2018 5:45 am

DBandit70 wrote:

I agree
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 am

DBandit70 wrote:I have played many many many games here at CC and was around during the best years of this site. We had new maps coming out each month and the member involvement in tournament sand clan play was huge. I would recommend CC to all my friends. BUT things are NOT the same and there is one direct reason and from that reason many other problems have arisen.

I'm still in favour of a stats based sub forum, so I would second that. I don't think that it would necessarily back your agenda, but at least it would generate a degree of analysis.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:59 pm

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:37 am

Dukasaur wrote:Image

Dude. You need a new luck program.

Sheesh.
Major elfish_lad

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Symmetry wrote:

I'm still in favour of a stats based sub forum, so I would second that. I don't think that it would necessarily back your agenda, but at least it would generate a degree of analysis.

I like math. And science. And stats. And surveys. So anything that would be about analysis Iā€™m in bud. However....

We know that CC hasnā€™t been using a top of the line event generator, say, like, Poker.Net uses (cuz millions of real dollars are at stake there) so why?

We gets whatā€™s we pays for (or not as the Freemium turns) here at CC. Bitch and move on I say.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Mad777 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:22 pm

...and has anyone noticed how the rolls are so friendly when the game is a loss? I meant during the game tour 7v1 took a shit but when you reach the point you canā€™t turn the game back to you and about to start the ā€œbefore lastā€ round, all of the sudden you win battles like 3v2 more than once, even the 5v3 or 6v4 turn out to let you having respectively 4 troops or 5 troops to move on. This just to make you even more questioning.....why???
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:59 am

That's not the dice as such. It's because in games that are still competitive, you don't make as many silly attacks as you do in a lost game. Go do it in all your games and see what happens.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby bandini02 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 pm

if no one fizes the dice algorythm on this game im gone for good. i know at least two others who are leaving too. is it that hard to fix? how many complaints do you need? how much time?
Major bandini02

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:32 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 pm

A week later, same shit continues:
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 pm

I thought after yesterday, it couldn't get any worse. But amazingly, my luck today has gotten worse than yesterday's.

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 am

I am not a statistician but to me a global -2% seems significant. Maybe someone doesnt like you
Lieutenant BrutalBob

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 am

BrutalBob wrote:I am not a statistician but to me a global -2% seems significant. Maybe someone doesnt like you

I don't disagree. :cry:
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Sea Devil on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:01 am

Recent battle outcomes (20 battles)
Sea Devil 4.8 vs all opponents
3 vs 2 3 vs 1
Luck Kills Losses
Assault -27% 6 16
Defend -46% 0 4