Conquer Club

The world must act now

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The world must act now

Postby mrswdk on Tue May 08, 2018 5:13 pm

The persecution and marginalisation of black people in America by the American government continues unchecked:

Protesters targeted a Philadelphia Starbucks on Monday after two black men were arrested last week when a store employee called police to say the men were trespassing.

The protests followed the release of a video that showed the two men being arrested after a store manager called the police because they were sitting in the store without placing an order. The two said they were waiting for a friend who arrived just as they were taken away in handcuffs.

Witnesses said the two were refused access to the bathroom because they had not made a purchase but that another customer had just used the bathroom without buying anything. Another said she had been there for hours without making a purchase.

As this government so brazenly abuses the rights of its citizens, when will the world finally find its voice and speak up against this mistreatment of their brothers?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: The world must act now

Postby notyou2 on Tue May 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Meanwhile tibetan monks are jailed for ne reason, or even killed in the illegal occupation of Tibet....

C'mon mrswdk, if you want justice, at least be impartial.

Or perhaps we need to revert to chinese labourers making holes in north american mountains for the trains to pass through.
Captain notyou2

Postby warmonger1981 on Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 pm

America has already done its part.

Captain warmonger1981

Postby riskllama on Tue May 08, 2018 7:51 pm

starbucks is owned by US govt. ???
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby nietzsche on Tue May 08, 2018 7:57 pm

...and the lizard people.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 08, 2018 10:04 pm

notyou2 wrote:Meanwhile tibetan monks are jailed for ne reason, or even killed in the illegal occupation of Tibet....

C'mon mrswdk, if you want justice, at least be impartial.

Or perhaps we need to revert to chinese labourers making holes in north american mountains for the trains to pass through.

Plus, there's the whole murdering political prisoners for organ harvesting thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_harvesting_from_Falun_Gong_practitioners_in_China
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 pm

You're slipping, mrs. Time was you'd have got everyone.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby riskllama on Tue May 08, 2018 10:12 pm

*inb4 move*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 08, 2018 10:23 pm

riskllama wrote:*inb4 move*

Yeah well, mrsdwk was the reason why the site had to change the rules for the forum not to be named to specifically ban racial abuse. I even had to ask the mod team for permission to reference this stuff a while back, and it turns out they aren't his biggest fans, so it's ok.

So yeah, let's hope mrsdwk's threads about racism and child abuse get consigned somewhere else.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Wed May 09, 2018 12:48 am

Symmetry wrote:

Yeah well, mrsdwk was the reason why the site had to change the rules for the forum not to be named to specifically ban racial abuse. I even had to ask the mod team for permission to reference this stuff a while back, and it turns out they aren't his biggest fans, so it's ok.

So yeah, let's hope mrsdwk's threads about racism and child abuse get consigned somewhere else.

that doesn't sound right to me, sym. i mean sure, she's a troll & all - not unlike you. i don't think you or her had any major impact on the creation of that other place... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 09, 2018 1:07 am

riskllama wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

that doesn't sound right to me, sym. i mean sure, she's a troll & all - not unlike you. i don't think you or her had any major impact on the creation of that other place... :roll:

And yet it is the case- the no racist abuse rule was added for a reason. It really seemed to have pissed off the mods who wanted it to be more a free speech thing rather than mrsdwk's take of just calling African-American posters the N-word, over and over.

It's sort of nice that I got clearance for talking about this stuff- I can understand why people might just think that mrsdwk's posts about racism or sexually abusing kids would seem innocent if his positions had't been long part of the public debate over his posts before.

"Lucky he wasn't permanently banned" to paraphrase Dukasaur,
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed May 09, 2018 1:40 am

I bet sym is one of those people who would call a black Englishman an "African-American."
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I bet sym is one of those people who would call a black Englishman an "African-American."

A bet you would lose. You really do have an imaginary version of me in your mind. A Symmetry pro-tip- don't make bets when upset.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I bet sym is one of those people who would call a black Englishman an "African-American."

He feels multicultural because although sitting next to a black guy on the bus made him feel a bit uncomfortable, he totally hid it #rainbowsociety
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 am

notyou2 wrote:C'mon mrswdk, if you want justice, at least be impartial.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 am

Man, this is like a lame response convention in here! Am I right?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 am

mrswdk wrote:The persecution and marginalisation of black people in America by the American government continues unchecked:

Protesters targeted a Philadelphia Starbucks on Monday after two black men were arrested last week when a store employee called police to say the men were trespassing.

The protests followed the release of a video that showed the two men being arrested after a store manager called the police because they were sitting in the store without placing an order. The two said they were waiting for a friend who arrived just as they were taken away in handcuffs.

Witnesses said the two were refused access to the bathroom because they had not made a purchase but that another customer had just used the bathroom without buying anything. Another said she had been there for hours without making a purchase.

As this government so brazenly abuses the rights of its citizens, when will the world finally find its voice and speak up against this mistreatment of their brothers?

This happened like a month ago, right? Since then:

- The City settled with the two men for some large sum of money which the two men graciously asked the city to give to charity.
- Starbucks closed a bunch of stores for sensitivity training.

Seems like we got a decent result from a racist incident. I'm not sure the same can be said in other countries.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby The ram on Wed May 09, 2018 8:02 am

In London the police have taken a strategy of less stop and search. We can see the results but at least there's been no riots. Also in London, Victoria Climbie died because her social workers felt like they couldn't question her parents about bruises. Result she was horrifically murdered. These approaches are bad for black people but again the intellectual fools of the left are easily led. There has got to be a success story somewhere where black and white mix?
Cadet The ram

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 09, 2018 8:08 am

Where do you live, ram? Just wondering what your likely level of exposure to non-white people is, beyond the TV.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby The ram on Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

mrswdk wrote:Where do you live, ram? Just wondering what your likely level of exposure to non-white people is, beyond the TV.

I live in England. What do you think about the results of ending stop and search?
Cadet The ram

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 09, 2018 9:21 am

Stop and search hasn't ended:

A total of 8,525 of the searches were conducted in the capital in February (2018) — down from 11,406 the previous month.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 07681.html
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby The ram on Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 am

mrswdk wrote:Stop and search hasn't ended:

A total of 8,525 of the searches were conducted in the capital in February (2018) — down from 11,406 the previous month.

Well if you want to be pedantic what do you think about the lessening of stop and search and the rise in murders?

The next big push for equality is structural racism. Much like the equal opportunities but on a higher level. Certain higher positions will have to have black people. This has got to be immensely good for black people.
Cadet The ram

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 09, 2018 10:11 am

The ram wrote:

Well if you want to be pedantic what do you think about the lessening of stop and search and the rise in murders?

The next big push for equality is structural racism. Much like the equal opportunities but on a higher level. Certain higher positions will have to have black people. This has got to be immensely good for black people.

I thought you guys were outlawing knives.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am

The ram wrote:

Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

The ram wrote:

I think there is no possible way to look at those two stats and assume they are connected - especially given you're talking about a difference over a very short space of time. For all we know, murders have spiked over the past few months and are just going to drop again.

thegreekdog wrote:I thought you guys were outlawing knives.

It's already illegal to carry a knife around, unless you have a 'good reason' for needing one.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,