Conquer Club

SJW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

People who use SJW?

They are dumb
50%
They're kinda dumb
No votes
Not sure
13%
They have a point
19%
They are right
13%
Kittens are cute
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: SJW

Postby riskllama on Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 am

thegreekdog wrote:

As for Darth Maul, I'm fairly certain Star Wars fanboys like him because he's got a double-bladed lightsaber and looks badass. The only Siths for me were Vader and Palpatine.

you should check out Maul's story arc in the clone wars series - was arguably the best part of the whole thing & was definitely the best part of the rebels series - not that i'm into that kind of thing.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 15, 2018 12:53 pm

riskllama wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

As for Darth Maul, I'm fairly certain Star Wars fanboys like him because he's got a double-bladed lightsaber and looks badass. The only Siths for me were Vader and Palpatine.

you should check out Maul's story arc in the clone wars series - was arguably the best part of the whole thing & was definitely the best part of the rebels series - not that i'm into that kind of thing.

I had an aversion to Star Wars cartoons.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby riskllama on Tue May 15, 2018 6:45 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
riskllama wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

why? some of the story arcs are on par/better than some of the movies - just sayin'...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Symmetry wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:This is why I hate that no one knows what happens in the 30 years after the Empires collapse because we assume that The First Order just picks up the pieces and continues the conquest? Again, if the fighting continued for 30 years, most of these storm troopers are probably battle hardened veterans, whereas Finn is just some dude that scrubs floors.

I'll try to explain based on what I've read, but I'll probably butcher this. And spoiler alerts.

show

So wait, where is this explained? If this is from a book, I'll be butt hurt.

Sym - The casting choice for Phasma doesn't matter, it's that the character Phasma being written off and her being a waste of talent is the issue. She doesn't do anything in the films except get thrown in the garbage or fall into a pit of flames...Phasma as a character, sucks.

So you're upset that Phasma, who has a key role in the films so far, was wasted because she was both played by a great actor, and sucked at it. Darth Maul, as a character and as an actor, actually was piss poor, but there's a lot of Star Wars fanboy comics about him.

Hell, even Darth Vader took three or four actors to put together.

I'm not sure how I can dumb this down anymore than I already have.

Phasma has no role and the character is basically written off to die in both films. It doesn't matter who's behind the character. You could have had Scarlett Johansson portraying as Phasma, it wouldn't matter because the character is so poorly written that no actor or actress cant save it.

Llama is probably the last person I expected to be a Star Wars fan.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 15, 2018 8:17 pm

riskllama wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
riskllama wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

why? some of the story arcs are on par/better than some of the movies - just sayin'...

No particular reason that I can enunciate.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 am

What does the "J" in "Star Wars" stand for, again?
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 16, 2018 11:38 am

I thought it was Super Jedi Wars?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Single Jewish Woman......

Don't be fuking around with our abbreviations, you stupid kunts!
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 16, 2018 5:16 pm

Jabba, Wookies and the Jabberwocky.

It's a great crossover with the Mad Hatter fighting an epic fight against the ewoks.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby HitRed on Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm

The best battles are in Wakanda.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:This is why I hate that no one knows what happens in the 30 years after the Empires collapse because we assume that The First Order just picks up the pieces and continues the conquest? Again, if the fighting continued for 30 years, most of these storm troopers are probably battle hardened veterans, whereas Finn is just some dude that scrubs floors.

I'll try to explain based on what I've read, but I'll probably butcher this. And spoiler alerts.

show

So wait, where is this explained? If this is from a book, I'll be butt hurt.

Sym - The casting choice for Phasma doesn't matter, it's that the character Phasma being written off and her being a waste of talent is the issue. She doesn't do anything in the films except get thrown in the garbage or fall into a pit of flames...Phasma as a character, sucks.

So you're upset that Phasma, who has a key role in the films so far, was wasted because she was both played by a great actor, and sucked at it. Darth Maul, as a character and as an actor, actually was piss poor, but there's a lot of Star Wars fanboy comics about him.

Hell, even Darth Vader took three or four actors to put together.

I'm not sure how I can dumb this down anymore than I already have.

Phasma has no role and the character is basically written off to die in both films. It doesn't matter who's behind the character. You could have had Scarlett Johansson portraying as Phasma, it wouldn't matter because the character is so poorly written that no actor or actress cant save it.

Llama is probably the last person I expected to be a Star Wars fan.

Darth Maul got one line, and it wasn't even by the actor who physically played him.

Look, I get that you're desperately seeking to justify this whole "token black guy" shtick, but it really doesn't work.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 18, 2018 2:57 am

So how is that any different from Vader who is voiced and portrayed by two different actors?

I get that you're desperately trying to justify Finn by using straw man arguments, but it really doesn't work.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 18, 2018 3:10 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:So how is that any different from Vader who is voiced and portrayed by two different actors?

I get that you're desperately trying to justify Finn by using straw man arguments, but it really doesn't work.

Vader has three actors in the original trilogy, four in the new cuts, not including stunt teams, obviously.

I think the real problem here is why you have such a problem with Phinn. You haven't really explained why. You've given a lot of superficial reasons, sure. Just not the real reason.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 18, 2018 4:21 am

I have and you're choosing to ignore it so I really don't see the point in going forward with this anymore since you're not putting anything that counters my point at all.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I have and you're choosing to ignore it so I really don't see the point in going forward with this anymore since you're not putting anything that counters my point at all.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Oh no! Because it's not as if Phinn won't be one of the protagonists in the next movie too! You've completely destroyed my argument!

:roll:
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 18, 2018 4:45 am

Think you mean Phlegm
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 18, 2018 9:05 am

Is there anything you liked?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am

Pretty sure I had mentioned it, but I said that musically and visually, it's amazing. About it though.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

Ok, that's a relief. What about Wookies, they're pretty good, right?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

Shore.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby 2dimes on Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 am

K2SO? That one made me enjoy the whole robots are people thing they are pushing.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 pm

2dimes wrote:Ok, that's a relief. What about Wookies, they're pretty good, right?

I'm still annoyed about how Chewie was treated in the new films. At the end of the first one, Leia just blanks the dude and goes to comfort Rey. And Luke in the Last Jedi just makes him stay on the ship while he hangs out with the human he barely knows.

For Force sensitives, the Skywalker family can be pretty damn insensitive.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Never mind that. He's been working as first officer on type for thirty five years, some bimbo shows up and immediately gets the Melinium Falcon captain position.

Classic affirmative action bs right there.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 3:51 pm

2dimes wrote:Never mind that. He's been working as first officer on type for thirty five years, some bimbo shows up and immediately gets the Melinium Falcon captain position.

Classic affirmative action bs right there.

I guess he also got passed over for Lando in Return of the Jedi. Still seems like it's a human race first kind of thing.
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,