Conquer Club

CC Fantasy Draft Tournament

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Triples or Quads?

Triples
20%
Quads
35%
Love the Idea
30%
Don't have seat yet but want one
15%
Dumb, Won't work
No votes

Total votes : 20

CC Fantasy Draft Tournament

Postby Elaterate on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:24 pm

This Thread is for an idea I have. This is not official without the feedback and support of the you, the players. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Fantasy Sports meets Conquer Club? I have been talking with others about a Tournament idea and would like to get anyone's opinion that I have not received yet. I like to go big or go home so here is what I was thinking...

The total Prize Pool will be a minimum of 5000 Credits and some stars, split between the top ???(TBD)

Tournament will take part in January, and hopefully every January.

This will be a 32 team tournament (triples or Quads) and here is where the fun begins...

One Bracket will be filled with teams from the Conquer Club Scoreboard "Best Performance" players. The other bracket will be filled from the Conquer Club Scoreboard "Most Improved"

Players that finished in the Top 4 each month of both the "Best Performance" (bracket A) and "Most Improved" (bracket B) will be guaranteed a seat if they choose to play.

Players that finished 1st in each month and category are "Team Captains" for a total of 24 Captains. For any repeat names they will have to choose which spot/month and/or category they want to be a captain of. Players with the most repeats gets to choose first. For the spots that are left open from a repeat name choosing a different spot they had the captain of that team will go to the player that finished 2nd in that month/spot.

The 24 Captains will then vote on who the remaining 8 captains are (to make the bracket(s) easier 32 teams is easier then 24 teams) out of the pool of names of players that finished in the top 4 who has a locked seat.

(this can be altered based on suggestions by players since this is all new and still a work in progress).

Once there is 32 Captains they will have a draft to fill their teams (picking order will be random)... starting from picking from the remaining players that finished 2nd in each month until those names are gone and then move on to the players that finished 3rd, then 4th, then 5th and so on.

I know this is going to be a lot of work but we/I have lots of time to prepare and already someone helping me with anything I need like spreadsheets to track the tourny. I have received nothing but positive feedback so far so any input you might have is appreciated. Even if you just want to say how you are confident you will be around for this in January and want to earn a seat is good feedback.

Also since all the names are being pulled from the Scoreboards we kinda have a huge amount of reserves for this in case someone with a seat can't be reached. And yes I know there is still a lot more details like game settings that need to be discussed but we have plenty of time for that and just need to get enough people interested before this becomes official.

Have a Poll at the top, you can select two options :) Cheers all, hope this all makes sense and look forward to hearing what you have to say!!!
Last edited by Elaterate on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Elaterate

Re: CC Fantasy Draft Tournament

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I think it's a good idea mostly, just remove the best performance / most improved scoreboard because they mean jack shit. Just get the required number of people and like, use random.org to determine the team leaders or something.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but I think this is a lot more work than you realize.

I'd recommend you run some simple tourneys first to get a feel for it before attempting something this ambitious.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mageplunka69 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm

in please
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby MSpitts24 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:03 am

Dukasaur probably has knowledge, listen to him

with 32 games/slots, probably best to have 4/2 person teams, not 3

I won't be on any "best/most lists"
Major MSpitts24

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:42 am

Not more work then I realize, just a lot of work that I'm willing to do if it helps the site which I think this might. iAmCaffeine said the scoreboards don't mean jack... Well I feel like this might help them mean something. When I was a new player just a short time ago, when I got a PM saying I won or earned a medal it wasn't that big of a deal to me and I can see other new players feeling the same way... but if they also got an invite/PM saying they won a seat into a tournament it might give them incentive to stick around for it or at least come back for it if they want to take a break from playing. I sent out a PM to 46 players that would qualify as a "top 4" so far this year and have received a response from 12 so far (has only been 4 days since first PM went out), 11 saying they love the idea and would play and the last response politely telling me they weren't interested in tournaments. The Scoreboard is also a source of names/players that we can pull from, like I said before, in case someone can't be reached who earned a spot. Like the 1 person that has said no thanks already... his/her spot would just go to the next placed finisher in that month.
Captain Elaterate

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I think it's a good idea mostly, just remove the best performance / most improved scoreboard because they mean jack shit. Just get the required number of people and like, use random.org to determine the team leaders or something.

If this is how you and maybe others feel about the Scoreboard then don't you think this a way to make them mean something? I like the idea of using something like random.org to determine the team captains... Doing that we could cut it down to 16 teams and have a random draw for who the captains are from the 24 (if no repeat names) players that finished #1 (I feel like the #1 spots should get some kind of perk)
Captain Elaterate

Postby sangfroid on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 am

Biggest problem I see is the time taken to get together the people to take part. Making it an invitational rather than a signup tournament means you'll write to playerX wait a week for a response then move to playerY, write to them, wait a week etc until you've filled your slots. I don't know what tourney participation is like for the top 25 of each month, but it could take months just to fill your roster.

What might be better if you're fixed on the 'Best' concept is to allow open signups and then filter by best 64/128/256 players according to your monthly most improved lists. It would still be a large amount of work for the organiser but you'd be able to be sure to start the tourney by a particular date.

Personally, I never look at the scoreboard, so wouldn't have a clue ;)
Sergeant sangfroid

Postby D3A7H on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 am

Very ambitious and i like the idea in general. This may turn out to be alot of work Elaterate. I doubt that i will qualify but if i do i'd gladly participate. I'd also be happy to help if i can.
Major D3A7H

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 am

sangfroid wrote:Biggest problem I see is the time taken to get together the people to take part. Making it an invitational rather than a signup tournament means you'll write to playerX wait a week for a response then move to playerY, write to them, wait a week etc until you've filled your slots. I don't know what tourney participation is like for the top 25 of each month, but it could take months just to fill your roster.

What might be better if you're fixed on the 'Best' concept is to allow open signups and then filter by best 64/128/256 players according to your monthly most improved lists. It would still be a large amount of work for the organiser but you'd be able to be sure to start the tourney by a particular date.

Personally, I never look at the scoreboard, so wouldn't have a clue ;)

Yes I realize how much time it will take to get in touch with everyone but also remember that by the beginning of December I can start messaging the majority of the players who qualified to make sure they are going to be around the following month. Taking the idea I got from iAmCaffeine... I can lower the total teams to 16 and tweak how the captains are decided to make it not take as much time to get in order when the time comes.
Captain Elaterate

Postby Lord Arioch on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:58 am

Love it go!
Sergeant 1st Class Lord Arioch

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:24 am

Yes the idea is good, lot of work? No doubt it will be hours of work and it is nice to see new TO willing to bring their own time to entertain us, despite you are ready for it I would also recommend you to start with smaller size tournament, that is the way I explained to new TO while I was in charge of the TD world.
Not trying to sink it, but there is one factor that is uncontrolled by anyone, is the deadbeat, throughout my years as a tournament organizer, ran 150+ tournaments and big event (Madness in Rio), the fact that players will start to not join will occur around couple of months or so...this is the way this site is now, player come and go.
If only few player leave the battle you should be able to recover but when it start one after another and you exhausted all your reserve and idea then the tournament may turn to a torture.
I'm not trying to bring your idea down at all but the reason I bring this up is to prevent a fresh TO to turn disgusted seeing his project falling down.
Despite I'm no longer in charge I'm always willing to help and give my advice as needed ;)

Good luck

Mad777
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Elaterate on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:35 pm

Mad777 wrote:Yes the idea is good, lot of work? No doubt it will be hours of work and it is nice to see new TO willing to bring their own time to entertain us, despite you are ready for it I would also recommend you to start with smaller size tournament, that is the way I explained to new TO while I was in charge of the TD world.
Not trying to sink it, but there is one factor that is uncontrolled by anyone, is the deadbeat, throughout my years as a tournament organizer, ran 150+ tournaments and big event (Madness in Rio), the fact that players will start to not join will occur around couple of months or so...this is the way this site is now, player come and go.
If only few player leave the battle you should be able to recover but when it start one after another and you exhausted all your reserve and idea then the tournament may turn to a torture.
I'm not trying to bring your idea down at all but the reason I bring this up is to prevent a fresh TO to turn disgusted seeing his project falling down.
Despite I'm no longer in charge I'm always willing to help and give my advice as needed ;)

Good luck

Mad777

Like I said before, the Scoreboard is basically a big list of reserves. Once the scoreboard is official for a given month I can immediately PM those players and see who thinks they will be around for it, notifying more then just the top 4 to give others a heads up they can still get in. And again just knowing that you have a spot will give a player incentive to come back and play if they take a break from playing before January. I am willing to do the work :) Little sad though that there has been over 100 visits to the thread and only 16 votes :(
Captain Elaterate

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 pm

its cool, i like it, i probably wouldnt qualify

its alot of work, and kudos for you if you can do it

but i agree i have only setup one tourney, and its alot to think about it, and even then i dont think i did the best job @ it
Major BabySasuke

Postby Elaterate on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:06 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I think it's a good idea mostly, just remove the best performance / most improved scoreboard because they mean jack shit. Just get the required number of people and like, use random.org to determine the team leaders or something.

I think this would make the Scoreboard mean more then it does then don't you agree? I have been racking my brain non stop and I think I have thought of another way of doing this... Monthly tournament (prize pool will obviously be smaller), Top 4 from each Category are captains (if any of them don't want to then it slides to 5th place and so on) for 8 total captains/teams. Once the Scoreboard is official for the previous month a thread will go up for players to sign up to be "drafted" and after a designated amount of time and/or players signed up a list will be given to the captains to draft their teams. Win or go home style tournament would mean it would only take 32 players total for the 8 teams (I say that since quads has the most votes right now), and only 7 total games in tournament, 9 possibly if championship match is best 2 out of 3.
Captain Elaterate

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Elaterate wrote:

I think this would make the Scoreboard mean more then it does then don't you agree? I have been racking my brain non stop and I think I have thought of another way of doing this... Monthly tournament (prize pool will obviously be smaller), Top 4 from each Category are captains (if any of them don't want to then it slides to 5th place and so on) for 8 total captains/teams. Once the Scoreboard is official for the previous month a thread will go up for players to sign up to be "drafted" and after a designated amount of time and/or players signed up a list will be given to the captains to draft their teams. Win or go home style tournament would mean it would only take 32 players total for the 8 teams (I say that since quads has the most votes right now), and only 7 total games in tournament, 9 possibly if championship match is best 2 out of 3.

No, because people abuse loopholes to place at the top of the scoreboard.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby catstevens on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:38 pm

<-----Captain Stevens
I come in peace. I didn’t bring these Dice. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*** with me, I’ll kill you all.
Sergeant catstevens

Return to Tournament Archives