Conquer Club

I must be crazy mafia (4/7) End Game: Mad World

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: I must be crazy mafia (6/7) Day 2: Missing the Friend in

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Didn't even cross my mind to sacrifice myself for an uncertain doctor claim tbh.

OK, fair enough. For the record though, if dakky could target himself as the doc, then that save would also transfer to you as a result of the switch.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Ragian on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:07 am

Poor play, perhaps, but lil is not scum as buj has also stated.
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:42 pm

All aboard the mets wagon
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Oh mets hasn't voted yet.

Okay everybody sheep me then
Vote tfo
Major BuJaber

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Ragian wrote:Poor play, perhaps, but lil is not scum as buj has also stated.

I don't see where the confidence is coming from that lil is not scum. I read Buj's post to indicate that he's just not reading lil's posts as scummy, not that he has any explicit evidence for this fact.

vote TFO

This is the most likely read to me -- his only contribution today has been arguing about whether lil had a role or not, which is extremely unproductive.

TeeGee hasn't contributed much either but as he is new he is hard to read.

Postby Ragian on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 pm

Lil is not scum. I'm flat out telling you. Unless he had a role enabling a nightkill even though he was blocked, which I'm discounting for now.

Does anyone else have information from last night that might make us able to "prove" more townies?

COME ON, PEOPLE! Let's play the friggin' game.
Captain Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 am

Mod question: would a role block take precedence over a bus driver effect, supposing both were in the game?

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:04 am

vote TheForgivenOne
sorry. only way to rid of mafia is to vote them off, or maybe get the vigilante role and be right. Not much else productive is happening, so here's the reason.
You voted for dakky, then unvoted for him when he claimed doctor, and you knew that there wasn't going to be a lynch day 1. unvote is convenient if you are mafia and found a good target. This isn't a bandwagon vote, but it is a pressure vote to maybe reveal something that might save yourself.
I'd assume there would be more role action reveals other than what i said, especially in such a small amount of players, and limited time. How else are we going to figure it out?
New Recruit LiL_Whitebone

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:05 am

vote TheForgivenOne

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:53 am

Info so far.
n1 -
Roleblock - ragian (suggest he roleblocked lil_whitebone)
Switch - lil_whitebone (says he switched himself & bujaber)
Doctor - dakky (revealed as the doctor when killed)
?- TG
? - mets
? - Bujaber
? - TFO
---
????
a likely ? role would be a cop.
let's assume either teegee, mets, bujaber or TFO had a cop role night 1. Is there any information from last night? there is no reason to be secretive about what role we had, because the roles get shuffled. Cop is a standard role. Mafia, would expect there to be a cop, so not really something to be secretive about.
Only revealing what we have would be a mistake.

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:16 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Mod question: would a role block take precedence over a bus driver effect, supposing both were in the game?

Role block would come before bus drive.

Vote Count

TFO (3)-Bujaber, Mets, Lil_whitebone
Buj
Mets
Lil_whitebone
Rage
Teehee

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am

BuJaber wrote:I guess I don't like TFO's posts the most. Has a sort of detached unemotional tone which reads like someone trying to be as objective as possible. Scum tell typically.

Vote TFO

Or perhaps you don't like the fact criticizing you for reaching for an easy vote? But if tone is what we vote for people on, perhaps I should come in here yelling and screaming my head off? Would that make you happy?

LiL_Whitebone wrote:Another thing I am looking at, is the unvote for dakky from TheForgivenOne.

Really? My original vote on him was based on him Twisting my Words. When 2 people called him out on it, he never unvoted, never explained his reasoning, or tried to backstep. He just ignored it. You don't think that's a valid reason to vote someone? I unvoted because what if someone decided to sneak in a last minute vote? Or if someone had a secret vote? I didn't know the exact time D1 was ending, so why take that chance? Quick way to lynch our claimed Doc. Sure, it's a reach that we had a person with a secret Vote, but why take that chance?

My claim isn't going to be reliable at all, considering circumstances. D1 I essentially needed an additional vote on me for a lynch to go through. So with 7, which took 4 to lynch, I would have needed 5 votes on me.
N2 my role switched, and I am now a Paramedic. I select 1 person, and that person is protected for 2 nights. BUT if that person is targeted for a kill, they would end up dying the next night instead. So if I was on Ragian, and he was targeted N2, he wouldn't die on N2, but would end up dying at the end of N3 instead.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:09 pm

OK, given sw's comment, seems lil is cleared of being the killer last night, assuming we trust Ragian.

TeeGee, what do you think about all this?

Postby BuJaber on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:49 am

TFO there's also the matter of PoE.

I think lil and rag are town. I think mets is good enough to pull this off as scum but he seems town.

That just leaves you and TeeGee.
Major BuJaber

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:00 am

Still not comfortable with TFO's speil. Paramedic seems like a doctor action, or maybe there were two save type roles in this game. There's just so many different roles a mod could select, rather than double up, especially in a small game. Maybe it's a balance thing why there are two?
info.. 5/7 roles
2 save type roles. doc/paramedic
role block
switch
negative vote (i think TFO suggested this is his starting role)
---
Remaining
Kill? & Cop?
---
Thoughts.
do mafia (1 or 2 of them) have a kill and also a shuffled role? if so.
If mafia get the roleblock, or switch, then TFO just let mafia know how to co-ordinate any of those actions. That's a reason why we shouldn't say what we have.

---
Early Prediction.

TFO, TeeGee

Postby BuJaber on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:35 am

Mod said game might not be balanced. Be careful with setup speculation.
Major BuJaber

Postby LiL_Whitebone on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 am

Possible - The doc died, but died with his night 2 role, and the save action is still in the shuffle.
Possible - TFO had an inspect action (also mafia kill), knows what the doctors (paramedic) action was.

can someone confirm that they got the paramedic role on day 1? That would clear things up.

TeeGee hasn't said much. I can see he is new to the game. If he isn't mafia,
mafia would want to keep TeeGee alive, if he isn't participating.

Postby Ragian on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:34 am

We can't really afford to off non-participants in such a small game unless he's scum.

I'm only discounting lil and me so far.
Captain Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:51 am

LiL_Whitebone wrote:Possible - The doc died, but died with his night 2 role, and the save action is still in the shuffle.
Possible - TFO had an inspect action (also mafia kill), knows what the doctors (paramedic) action was.

can someone confirm that they got the paramedic role on day 1? That would clear things up.

TeeGee hasn't said much. I can see he is new to the game. If he isn't mafia,
mafia would want to keep TeeGee alive, if he isn't participating.

The interesting thing about this game is that there's almost no reason to lie about what your current ability is, since it will change the next night anyway. So TFO is probably not lying about his role. I am willing to bet that he is the paramedic even if he is scum. It's too much to risk for scum to lie about what their roles are because the roles are being swapped, so down the line, we'll know what all the roles in the game were. It won't be long before we verify whether there was a paramedic at all, and if we found out there was none, TFO would be an insta lynch.

I'm not removing my vote because I still read him as the most likely scum candidate, though. I'm willing to take the risk on killing the paramedic (which doesn't sound like a super useful role anyway).

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:55 am

Well, I have been assuming that there is a fixed set of seven roles and that they are cycling between the current players. Under that logic, if no one claimed having the paramedic role on D1, that would be pretty damning for TFO indeed. But actually I'm not really certain whether that is what is going on, maybe there's a larger set of roles.

Postby Ragian on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:45 am

There is no guarantee that there are only seven roles. Could be ten that are distributed randomly, and then some of the roles just aren't in play...
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:09 am

I was a paramedic and I was a complete idiot. Just realized I could have targeted dakky. I crumbed in my first post in the game talking about how nobody will protect ragian.

Not saying who I targeted because it doesn't matter.

We have no idea how many roles there are and also like mets said the mod confirmed that the temporary roles we get each night get shuffled and ditributed to ALL players inlcuding scum.
Major BuJaber

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Only a couple hours left.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 am

Day 2 End Scene

As the day raged on, a purple haze descended upon them and the rain begin to fall with a sound like ticking clocks. Fearing the night to come, town again searched amongst themselves for the scum. They zoomed in on one target who they felt had been acting suspiciously but talk continued to go around itself. With their changing roles, some of town decided they were safe to claim old abilities. Others argued whether what they did mattered and who the voice in the sky was telling them to get a move on. Eventually they brought one man in front of them and asked him to plead his case.

"I am just a humble paramedic!" TFO pleaded. "I was once a beloved member of this town but now you cast your doubt on me!"

The town scowled back at him unyielding. "How do you know what you say is true?" One called.

"I was paramedic last night" Another answered and stated his piece of the puzzle. "The role is amongst us."

The town discussed this. Is this defendant telling the truth? Is he conspiring as well? Even if he was to be telling the truth? what does that really mean? Could scum have a role that once belonged to town?

Unable to find satisfaction in any of these actions, they checked the man's credentials. They stared as the purple fog turned to an evening rain and running out of town, the night snuck up on them and they went back to their homes to rest.

Vote Count

TFO (3)-Bujaber, Mets, Lil_whitebone
Buj
Mets
Lil_whitebone
Rage
Teegee

Day 2 ends in No Lynch.

It's now Night 2. You have 72 hours to send in your actions.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: I must be crazy mafia (6/7) Night 2: Purple Rain

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 am

Night 2 End Scene

The rain continued to fall through the night yet undeterred town members with varying umbrellas in color and size left their homes to do their deeds both wicked and divine. Distractable, an alley cat drew the attention of one of them with a loud crash but another walked on by with little more than an outward breath, inaudible among the night's air.

One of them was pursued by something in the dark that night but neither noticed. Did the cat keep the distracted one's attention away from the other? Or was it the other's uncaring that doomed the one who was distracted?

None of these questions plagued the uncaring man or so one might think from looking at him. They did not see below the surface. Only the knife did and the knife tells no secrets from a dead man's lips. Even those secrets that one cannot imagine.

Buj-Kai Joe-Town [Minidriver] has been killed.

It is now day 3. With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Cadet strike wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives